***Hearts Winter Transfer Window 2024 SLAMS SHUT***

dazajmbo

PapaShango
Just now, stuart500 said:

I wonder what the plan is with Finlay Pollock. He was being quoted as being near to return back in November.

He's been missing for a long time but seems to have bulked up quite a bit. 

I always thought of him as a winger but maybe he could provide a bit of pace and power up front?

He's in and around the squad and made the bench the last couple of games. Tait has probably got himself to the front of the que in midfield at the moment but I really rate Pollock has looked decent every time I've seen him. 

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• GinRummy

• Sooks

• soonbe110

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

He's in and around the squad and made the bench the last couple of games. Tait has probably got himself to the front of the que in midfield at the moment but I really rate Pollock has looked decent every time I've seen him. 

Does Pollock still play Centre Midfield? I think the last time I saw him play, he was taking up a lot of forward and wide positions, ala Phil Foden.

BackOfTheNet
30 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

It's the possibility of Shankland getting injured that's the problem. Boyce wouldn't score as many but would do the back-to-goal stuff, link play, win fouls, etc. Tagawa hasn't shown any of that so far and I don't really see Vargas doing it either. I also think Shankland is better with a partner in any case.

If Shankland stays fit then it's probably fine. If he doesn't then it's a real worry.

Then we need to adapt how we play to benefit speedy forward players who can run on behind by having quicker counter attacks and players who can pick out the runs.

pettigrewsstylist
1 hour ago, DC_92 said:

I already thought we needed a new striker, but this solidifies it. It could end up being a massive mistake, which is why I'm not as positive about the window as others seem to be.

We have not been surprised by this. Free agent time, if board will allow wages.

jamboinglasgow
7 minutes ago, stuart500 said:

I wonder what the plan is with Finlay Pollock. He was being quoted as being near to return back in November.

He's been missing for a long time but seems to have bulked up quite a bit. 

I always thought of him as a winger but maybe he could provide a bit of pace and power up front?

Think the issue for him has been getting practice games to get up to speed as he was out for so long.

I think he will play more as the season goes on. 

Would describe him as an attacking player, can  play on the left or in the middle.

HopeDiouf
2 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Then we need to adapt how we play to benefit speedy forward players who can run on behind by having quicker counter attacks and players who can pick out the runs.

and has the heart of a pea.

1 minute ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

We have not been surprised by this. Free agent time, if board will allow wages.

If we were going to bring in a striker for cover we’d have signed Van Veen I think. They’d have known about Boyce yesterday so looks like we are going with what we have. 

pettigrewsstylist
Just now, GinRummy said:

If we were going to bring in a striker for cover we’d have signed Van Veen I think. They’d have known about Boyce yesterday so looks like we are going with what we have. 

Maybe we didnt like the terms we were competing with for VV.

Just now, pettigrewsstylist said:

Maybe we didnt like the terms we were competing with for VV.

Aye you never know with these things but on the face of it looked the ideal chance to get cover for Shanks. We won’t bring in a striker now imo. 

JamboPete
On 12/01/2024 at 16:51, Gordon_1874 said:

Ross County just signed a midfielder on loan, could he be a replacement for Yan Dhanda ?

Lucas Joao formerly with Reading is available on a free. 71 goals in 241 appearances in the championship. Would be a great signing.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I'm not in the slightest bit concerned. Kickback seemingly always strains itself to find a negative

HopeDiouf
Just now, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

I'm not in the slightest bit concerned. Kickback seemingly always strains itself to find a negative

so if shanks gets injured, you think we're fine with Vargas and Tagawa?  Agree to disagree on that.  👍

2 hours ago, Hansel said:

Wonder if it's more out of respect to the player rather the club. Can sometimes put the player in an awkward situation if he's seeing out his contract and his current team's fan's know about the pre-contract. A poor game and and you'll have folk questioning commitment and focus.

Exactly this people who know more than me will be sure that Penrose has already signed. 

colinmorewasgash

You just know that Shanks will now get crocked versus Scumdee and us not going for another striker will bite us. Why did we give Boyce a new deal he could hardly run in last run out before latest injury. Given new deals to constantly injured players since Levein days does my head in. Before season is ended i'll play injured bingo that Kingsley will be next injured again, then Beni and Halkett break down again. Haring is another last few seasons that has been injury prone and I like big Pete.

19 minutes ago, JamboPete said:

Lucas Joao formerly with Reading is available on a free. 71 goals in 241 appearances in the championship. Would be a great signing.

I've read worse suggestions than that!  6ft 4in tall, decent CV.

Someone else suggested Dwight Gale.

If we could afford it and decided to go down that route, either would seem suitable short term.

Edited by JamboAl

AlimOzturk
1 minute ago, colinmorewasgash said:

You just know that Shanks will now get crocked versus Scumdee and us not going for another striker will bite us. Why did we give Boyce a new deal he could hardly run in last run out before latest injury. Given new deals to constantly injured players since Levein days does my head in. Before season is ended i'll play injured bingo that Kingsley will be next injured again, then Beni and Halkett break down again. Haring is another last few seasons that has been injury prone and I like big Pete.

Boyce had a clause in his deal that he could trigger if he wanted an extra year. What are Hearts supposed to do?

Australis
3 minutes ago, colinmorewasgash said:

Hopefully not, but it's a possibility and could happen in any game.

Hard to see where our goals would come from if he was out of the team.

RustyRightPeg
12 minutes ago, colinmorewasgash said:

You don’t really understand how contracts work do you? Boyce himself had the option to extend it, not the club. 

Robbo-Jambo
1 hour ago, Le Chat said:

Maybe Derek Adams was right and we are skint 😃

It's the only logical reason for not bringing in a striker on loan at least, considering the Boyce news (which wont  have been a surprise to the club).

Exactly.

Shankland has been lucky with injuries but if he picks one up we are ******..

No natural strikers left and we must have known Boyce was going to be out for a while.

Should have brought a loan one in imo.

Watt-Zeefuik
6 hours ago, jtkb said:

My nephew won a free round of golf as bet with his stupid Hun uncle The Rangers never had close to the cash we would have demanded changed days and good to see. Hopefully shanks see sense and signs contact with a decent buy out clause for us that way if he can get a huge wage else where we get compensated properly rather than peanuts.

Smart fella.

Watt-Zeefuik
4 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Fleetwood fan?!

Come on, you don't have to think he's a good player to wish him better than to end up at that cesspool of washed up ex-Hibs wanks.

1 hour ago, colinmorewasgash said:

Nice and positive 👍

2 hours ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

That's a shame about Boyce as he came back quite strong after his long lay off.

Did he?

How?

52 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

You don’t really understand how contracts work do you? Boyce himself had the option to extend it, not the club. 

Did Boyce write his own contract?

5 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

Did Boyce write his own contract?

No. We also didn't give Boycie a new deal as was stated.

5 minutes ago, GBJambo said:

Nice and positive 👍

With Fraser now in the squad, I’ll judge Tagawa if he gets a run of games with someone actually capable of providing balls for him to run onto.

If Shankland does get injured, then that will be the time to judge Tagawa properly, as the guy hasn’t had a proper opportunity yet (a couple of starts and sub run-outs, with nobody playing to his strengths by giving him balls to run onto).

A large percentage of this forum was also piling onto Vargas as not good enough as recently as a couple of months ago…now he’s the bees knees after scoring three goals after, after starting to find his feet (note, I always wanted him to start as it was clear he has something about him…so does Oda).

4 minutes ago, HoGwash said:

No. We also didn't give Boycie a new deal as was stated.

So he just got a new deal out of the blue did he?

Who put the clause into his contract (or agreed to it being there), allowing him to activate an extension?

As I’d say whoever did that, made a bit of a mistake (note, I have no idea who it was…Levein, Neilson, Savage etc).

Just checked, it appears we can thank Neilson for that particular clause being included.

Edited by Deviskan

HopeDiouf
1 minute ago, Deviskan said:

Who put the clause into his contract (or agreed to it being there), allowing him to activate an extension?

As I’d say whoever did that, made a bit of a mistake (note, I have no idea who it was…Levein, Neilson, Savage etc).

we'll have given him that option when he signed.  He'll have been wanting a year more than we wanted to give him, and that'll have been the compromise.  play x games in year 3, and you get a 4th year.

jamboinglasgow

Naismith in his press conference confirmed we have a pre-contract agreement with Dhanda, spoke to Ross County but they did not want to sell in January.

"That situation is something I'm not overly comfortable talking about but there is an agreement there. We had an honest conversation with the other club out of respect to tell them what was happening and we asked if there was a possibility (of buying him in January) but he wasn't for sale so that was the end of it, really."

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/transfer-deadline-aftermath-live-rangers-32027154

Edited by jamboinglasgow

13 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

Did he?

How?

:lol: yeah Boyce hasn't been very good since he came back in terms of product in front of goal, but I did think he looked leaner, faster and more aggressive elsewhere, which was good. 

Trouble is, he's a striker not an attacking midfielder. He should be used as cover for Shankland, not to push Grant/Lowry* out of the starting 11 

*now Fraser! 

I don't think it would be wise to plan next season around Boyce being fit. He's picking up injuries fairly frequently now which is a bloody shame :( 

5 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

Just checked, it appears we can thank Neilson for that particular clause being included.

It wasn't a new deal, it was part of his old deal. That was the point being made.

1 hour ago, PapaShango said:

Look quite different types. Tait looks like a type who'll look to dictate play and tempo. In what I've seen of Pollock he looks very comfortable travelling with the ball. I'd imagine the plan in fullness of time is for both to become regulars. If good enough obviously. I suspect both will turn out to be. 

HopeDiouf
8 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

With Fraser now in the squad, I’ll judge Tagawa if he gets a run of games with someone actually capable of providing balls for him to run onto.

Ginelly and Vargas must be incredible players, given they managed to make the impossible look relatively simple........

2 minutes ago, OTT said:

:lol: yeah Boyce hasn't been very good since he came back in terms of product in front of goal, but I did think he looked leaner, faster and more aggressive elsewhere, which was good. 

Trouble is, he's a striker not an attacking midfielder. He should be used as cover for Shankland, not to push Grant/Lowry* out of the starting 11 

*now Fraser! 

I don't think it would be wise to plan next season around Boyce being fit. He's picking up injuries fairly frequently now which is a bloody shame :( 

Boyce is nowhere near good enough in my opinion…and hasn’t been for a while now (even before hi picked up the previous injury when he was out for some time).

Hindsight is a great thing, but he should never had had that clause in his contract. 

13 minutes ago, HopeDiouf said:

Ginelly and Vargas must be incredible players, given they managed to make the impossible look relatively simple........

I must have imagined everyone saying Vargas was pish for weeks…and nowhere near good enough.

Has Tagawa played as much as Vargas…or Ginelly?

Does Tagawa speak English…or would you say it might take him a bit more time to settle (like Vargas) than it would take someone from the U.K.?

Edited by Deviskan

Could really have done with  Van Veen on loan till the end of the season,  would have guaranteed 3 place .

Boyce out for atleast another 2 months and Tagawa couldn't hit a coos erse with a banjo.

Surprised we didn't bring him In tbh, seemed a no brainer.

indianajones
15 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Naismith in his press conference confirmed we have a pre-contract agreement with Dhanda, spoke to Ross County but they did not want to sell in January.

"That situation is something I'm not overly comfortable talking about but there is an agreement there. We had an honest conversation with the other club out of respect to tell them what was happening and we asked if there was a possibility (of buying him in January) but he wasn't for sale so that was the end of it, really."

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/transfer-deadline-aftermath-live-rangers-32027154

So Derek Adams just blatantly lying. He needs to get it tight next time he's at Tynie. 

Can we play Hamill for a cameo? 

I hope County disappear from footballing relevance very shortly. Would rather have Livi and their plastic carpet in the league. 

Cambo_Jambo
2 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

That's kind of how I feel a out it. If Shankland goes out then we need to completely change how we set up our attack.

Tagawa, Oda, Vargas will probably all actually prefer a quick breaking team where as, when you have a guy like Shankland, you're better with the patient build up we do because it's about moving the opposition around enough to create space for him.

Pete Elliott
1 hour ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

:spoton:

2 minutes ago, Cambo_Jambo said:

That's kind of how I feel a out it. If Shankland goes out then we need to completely change how we set up our attack.

Tagawa, Oda, Vargas will probably all actually prefer a quick breaking team where as, when you have a guy like Shankland, you're better with the patient build up we do because it's about moving the opposition around enough to create space for him.

I’d actually like to see those three get a run of games at some point (hopefully when we’ve nailed third)

Fraser playing behind them could be fairly exciting! 

HopeDiouf
3 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

I must have imagined everyone saying Vargas was pish for weeks…and nowhere near good enough.

Has Tagawa played as much as Vargas…or Ginelly?

Does Tagawa speak English…or would you say it might take him a bit more time to settle (like Vargas) than it would take someone from the U.K.?

Nope.  Why do you reckon manager has chosen to give him such limited game time?  He's seemed quite happy to play Vargas.

For me, it's cause Tagawa has been pish when he's had chances.

4 minutes ago, HopeDiouf said:

Nope.  Why do you reckon manager has chosen to give him such limited game time?  He's seemed quite happy to play Vargas.

For me, it's cause Tagawa has been pish when he's had chances.

it’s fairly amazing that me saying I’ll judge Tagawa once he has had a run of games, with Fraser playing behind him…has got your frilly knickers so twisted?!

HopeDiouf
Just now, Deviskan said:

it’s fairly amazing that me saying I’ll judge Tagawa once he has had a run of games, with Fraser playing behind him…has got your frilly knickers so twisted?!

ditto boyce having a clause in his contract.

1 minute ago, HopeDiouf said:

ditto boyce having a clause in his contract.

You're now comparing Boyce…who has been here for years, and has been completely pish for quite some time now….with Tagawa?

Christ, I’ll leave it there…enjoy licking the nearest window later!

HopeDiouf
Just now, Deviskan said:

You're now comparing Boyce…who has been here for years, and has been completely pish for quite some time now….with Tagawa?

Christ, I’ll leave it there…enjoy licking the nearest window later!

nah, just pointing out you've got your knickers in a twist over Boyce triggering a contract extension.

Boyce was done a while ago, IMO.

Just now, HopeDiouf said:

nah, just pointing out you've got your knickers in a twist over Boyce triggering a contract extension.

Boyce was done a while ago, IMO.

I’ve got my knickers in a twist, by pointing out it’s essentially the clubs fault that the clause was there in the first place?

Famous 1874

Hope Boycie’s not on the wage he was when he signed for us. Crocked almost all the time. 

HopeDiouf
Just now, Deviskan said:

I’ve got my knickers in a twist, by pointing out it’s essentially the clubs fault that the clause was there in the first place?

nah, tbf, you seem completely fine about it.  you're clearly not bothered at all.

39 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

Pure raging stuff Hopediouf…!