*** Official Heart of Midlothian v Motherwell Thread***

TexasAndy

lost in space
5 minutes ago, FJT said:

Booing is for kids at a panto.

at dens , full time there was a grown man flailing around at the front going insanely tonto toward the players and a guy behind me booing full pelt repeatedly (again on his own) like someone possessed, purple in the face. 
I get that they’re disappointed, angry even, but they just made absolute fuds of themselves imo. 🤪

Well, Hearts are a bit like a panto right now - with plenty of villans.

Sounds like the fans you describe actually showed they care - which is more than can be said for the players and coaching staff.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Cruyff

• Pasquale for King

• buzzbomb1958

The Black Prince

I'm tipping Kye Rowles to score a hat trick, then go in goals and save a penalty, then solve Fermat's Last Theorem during the post-match interview.

Edited by The Black Prince

I can accept defeat, as long as we play well and make an effort. The first PAOK game and the Rosenborg game at Tynecastle are examples of that. But, the league games so far have been very poor. We've looked lost and deject of ideas. I'm hoping today will be different though. This is a very good opportunity to mark our spot in the top half of the league and get progressively better over the coming games. 

C'mon Hearts HHGH FTH

1 minute ago, FJT said:

🤣 that’s your opinion, fine 

personally can think of showing care in different ways, that aren’t so childish 

Least they care . The fans applauding the team as they came off 🤦🏻🤣🤣

lost in space
8 minutes ago, FJT said:

🤣 that’s your opinion, fine 

personally can think of showing care in different ways, that aren’t so childish 

What do you suggest - a strongly worded letter to the Times perhaps??

As fans, it is our duty to let the players know when they have turned in an unacceptable performance.

1 hour ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Maybe but he’s just not a CB in a back 4.

You're right it's not ideal playing a LB at CB, my opinion is Rowles needs to come out and any of the defender's would probably be better right now, including Sibbick. I think Offiah can also play there. 

9 minutes ago, lost in space said:

What do you suggest - a strongly worded letter to the Times perhaps??

As fans, it is our duty to let the players know when they have turned in an unacceptable performance.

It isn't exactly unique to Hearts either. Fans all over the world express their displeasure at unacceptable performances.  

36 minutes ago, Mr Kipling said:

I can accept defeat, as long as we play well and make an effort. The first PAOK game and the Rosenborg game at Tynecastle are examples of that. But, the league games so far have been very poor. We've looked lost and deject of ideas. I'm hoping today will be different though. This is a very good opportunity to mark our spot in the top half of the league and get progressively better over the coming games. 

C'mon Hearts HHGH FTH

We have no style and players look like they don’t know what they are meant to be doing half the time. That in turns leads to us being safe and passing back the way which has been eye bleeding. I’m hoping we have had a rocket after Thursday and come out the traps quick today. I have my doubts though to be honest.

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, jambo0280 said:

Does anyone know if ticket exchange is going to be available for todays game?

You would imagine they’d have opened it up by now im afraid 

36 minutes ago, GBJambo said:

Least they care . The fans applauding the team as they came off 🤦🏻🤣🤣

Same on Thursday players didn’t deserve any applause from the fans on that performance but 95% were clapping.

Pasquale for King

Get the quicker players in to the team, show some urgency, get the ball forward quickly, get crosses in and shots off. The fans will respond to that type of performance. 
Play the way we have, with the same sort of team will see grumbling from the start. 

11 hours ago, lost in space said:

If they play as the previous few games - I will boo them off at HT.

I always cheer them on at start and sing OUR song - won't be doing that.

These charlatans have not shown enough effort to earn my support.  Anybody who shows support for non-tries are rather pathetic.

Quite ironic from the guy who has stopped trying to support the team/players.

MR INCREDIBLE
2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Get the quicker players in to the team, show some urgency, get the ball forward quickly, get crosses in and shots off. The fans will respond to that type of performance. 
Play the way we have, with the same sort of team will see grumbling from the start. 

I agree

Boyce and Shankland in the same team slows everything down.

Play one of them with Tagawa 🇱🇻

5 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Still not open.

A poster upthread had contacted the club and was told the TE wouldn't be opened for today's game. A complete mystery why the club would decide not to do so.

Just now, JALBO said:

A poster upthread had contacted the club and was told the TE wouldn't be opened for today's game. A complete mystery why the club would decide not to do so.

Ah missed that, thanks. Was just to slow to pick up a ticket when they were on open sale 

I guess we need to wait and see what names are pulled out the hat for midfield, before knowing if we have no chance or a little chance of winning.

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, MR INCREDIBLE said:

I agree

Has to be the captain as he can finish and create/link the play. Boyce as an impact sub when the game has slowed down. 

2 minutes ago, jambo0280 said:

Ah missed that, thanks. Was just to slow to pick up a ticket when they were on open sale 

You never know, the ticket office might be able to sort you out with a ticket if you drop in. Probably worth a go if you stay reasonably local.

1 minute ago, JALBO said:

You never know, the ticket office might be able to sort you out with a ticket if you drop in. Probably worth a go if you stay reasonably local.

I might just do that, thanks

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, JALBO said:

Have they sold out or trying to make folk buy hospitality?

1 hour ago, FJT said:

at dens , full time there was a grown man flailing around at the front going insanely tonto toward the players and a guy behind me booing full pelt repeatedly (again on his own) like someone possessed, purple in the face. 
I get that they’re disappointed, angry even, but they just made absolute fuds of themselves imo. 🤪

Careful. Down this path insanity lies.

If you start questioning what sensible grown up behaviour at a football match looks like, you'll quickly realize that the only thing that would look sensible from the outside is not to go. Thousands of grown men singing, chanting and clapping in rhythm while a group of young men kick a piece of leather about is all very panto.

So better to stay on the inside and just let everyone get lost in the experience and express their emotions however they want without judgement.

10 minutes ago, MR INCREDIBLE said:

I agree

When Tagawa has played so far he's not touched the ball enough to allow us to be on the front foot. Hopefully today is the day that he gets involved more and shows he's the kind of player we were expecting.

He really needs to show more appetite to receive the ball or Shankland just becomes the sole focal point.

I'm not saying he's a bad player or lacking effort but he needs to adapt to make a significant contribution in Scottish football.

Fozzyonthefence
48 minutes ago, EH11 2NL said:

You're right it's not ideal playing a LB at CB, my opinion is Rowles needs to come out and any of the defender's would probably be better right now, including Sibbick. I think Offiah can also play there. 

Time to give Offiah a chance at CB.  I couldn’t care less if we go with two right footed CBs - we’ve had loads of very good two right footed CB partnerships over the years.  Far more important to have a grasp of the basics in defending over what foot you kick the ball with.  We can’t keep playing a liability at CB just because he can kick the ball with his left foot. 

lost in space
17 minutes ago, HoGwash said:

Quite ironic from the guy who has stopped trying to support the team/players.

I have stopped supporting the players who no longer deserve my support.  If they put in a performance that does deserve my support - they will get it.

Why should the players try - if they know they will be supported anyway?

The Real Maroonblood
18 minutes ago, JALBO said:

It's certainly strange. 

9 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Have they sold out or trying to make folk buy hospitality?

Hospitality hasn't been on sale for a couple of days so I presume it's sold out and all unused hospitality seats have been sold as general sale tickets.

1 hour ago, FJT said:

The guy you describe is a die hard jambo who spends a fortune following our team everywhere. He’s been in Norway and about 6 different countries to get to Thessaloniki. Even home games it’s a trek for him.

If the players showed the same passion as he did at Dens then we wouldn’t be dropping or throwing away silly points. At least some of us care and how else would you expect passionate fans to show their ire against a piss poor performance? 

36 minutes ago, jambo0280 said:

Does anyone know if ticket exchange is going to be available for todays game?

Bizarrely the club's post on Facebook 45minites ago about today's game included a link to tickets. That link then says no tickets available. They also haven't announced it as a sell out. Makes me wonder if something has gone wrong with etickets and there are actually tickets remaining.

Or maybe they just use kickback dot counts to keep track of when the game is sold out. No dot count threat for this game. Dot counters have let the club down.

If the ticket office can't help, then with the exchange not open you might find people selling outside the ground or pop into Tynie Arms and ask around. Sunday games always have a significant number who can't make it.

54 minutes ago, EH11 2NL said:

Rowles is not defender , he has no positional sense, can’t head a ball,Olive Oil  is bigger built than him and his decision making is very suspect We should send him out on loan to learn the basics of defensive play that would get rid of our main problem at the back 

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, JALBO said:

Hospitality hasn't been on sale for a couple of days so I presume it's sold out and all unused hospitality seats have been sold as general sale tickets.

Tried to have a look online but nothing there for hospitality or tickets, strange. 

8 minutes ago, Chimp said:

I’d like to see Tagawa start today.

I’ve seen zero from him that warrants a start he’s been a player short just about every game. He may just need time but the early signs aren’t exactly promising.

WheatfieldWarrior
1 hour ago, The Black Prince said:

I'm tipping Kye Rowles to score a hat trick, then go in goals and save a penalty, then solve Fermat's Last Theorem during the post-match interview.

Coming on at half time is he?

5 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

Rowles is not defender , he has no positional sense, can’t head a ball,Olive Oil  is bigger built than him and his decision making is very suspect We should send him out on loan to learn the basics of defensive play that would get rid of our main problem at the back 

His confidence also looks shot. He needs taken out the team for his own good as well. 

Just now, PapaShango said:

His confidence also looks shot. He needs taken out the team for his own good as well. 

More reason to send him out on loan

Pasquale for King

It will be a big mistake to start with Rowles today and Indicate because we gave him a 5 year contract we are playing him no matter what. 

34 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

We have stuck the quicker players into the games.....then not given them anything to work on. Something is deeply wrong to invest in 3 whippets and then play to their weaknesses! It all stems from mid-field being so impotent!

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

Do we have anyone persuasive enough to convince someone to take him on loan?

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Jambo61 said:

We have stuck the quicker players into the games.....then not given them anything to work on. Something is deeply wrong to invest in 3 whippets and then play to their weaknesses! It all stems from mid-field being so impotent!

Agreed, we need to start with them and play to their strengths. A huge park on Thursday was the game to do it and stretch the opposition. Three formations and none of them worked. 

1 hour ago, Mr Kipling said:

I can accept defeat, as long as we play well and make an effort. The first PAOK game and the Rosenborg game at Tynecastle are examples of that.

I’m not sure I completely agree. Effort is the bare minimum expectation in my book. I can accept it IF the team is well above us quality wise but against 90% of this league we should be beating teams like Motherwell, Ross County, Killie, Livi etc etc

We have a financial advantage over these teams and in theory should have better player, better coaching and so on. 

We have never shown this consistency in our history though so it’s not surprising we struggle against most of the shite in this league. 

rambothejambo
1 hour ago, The Black Prince said:

😂

20 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

We are hardly flush with CBs. 

I get not starting him but sending out on loan would be mental. Especially with our injury record recently!

There's a scattering of seats now available to buy online. Just managed to get 2 together. Not sure where they've been released from or whether it's been communicates by the club at all; I just checked on more in hope than expectation and was able to bag my seats. 

Italian Lambretta
2 minutes ago, HexhamJambo said:

There's a scattering of seats now available to buy online. Just managed to get 2 together. Not sure where they've been released from or whether it's been communicates by the club at all; I just checked on more in hope than expectation and was able to bag my seats. 

Probably all the inwell fans I met in the airport yesterday morning.

All season ticket holder none going to game today🍺

Edited by Italian Lambretta