*** Official Heart of Midlothian v Motherwell Thread***

TexasAndy

16 minutes ago, Jambo61 said:

Clark has begun to look 'uninspiring'....why?

If you can't see any change in him then you need to see an optician.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Cruyff

• Pasquale for King

• buzzbomb1958

From what I can gather Offiah is a centre half "who can play full back". He was hopeless at full back against Dundee so why not play him in the middle with Kent?

1 minute ago, Henroddy said:

From what I can gather Offiah is a centre half "who can play full back". He was hopeless at full back against Dundee so why not play him in the middle with Kent?

That's what we were told when we signed him. He looked decent against Partick but as you say murder at Dundee.

He is certainly a big lad and has a bit of pace so he really couldn't be any worse than Rowles is at the moment.

Rowles is making mistakes in every game that are being punished so it may be time to rest him and it will be Offiah or Kingsley that will take his place.

So does anyone know what the situation is with Beni ,Haring and Niewenhoff regarding their "injuries".

We don't seem to be very forthcoming with updates for the fans as to what their problems are "officially" and when we are likely to see them return.

It would also be nice to have progress reports on Halkett and Gordon as well.

Edited by wavydavy

I wonder if wee will see Andy Halliday starting tomorrow. Sounds like he is not a happy guy. I wonder if Grant and a few others are pissedm off with our coaching team?

It's a good thing that Halliday has gone knocking on Naismiths door but then he would speak to him rather than McAvoy.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/football/andy-halliday-holds-talks-with-hearts-management-to-make-his-feelings-clear/ar-AA1g7sy3?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=181b1075839f4d798d80e760a2056e70&ei=24

1 hour ago, Alan_R said:

any chance you could email that to McAvoy&co's wee ipad

I assumed they’re just reading kickback?  

Hence giving the board what they want with Sibbick in midfield, Grant GTF, etc?

Edited by CMc

31 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

That's what we were told when we signed him. He looked decent against Partick but as you say murder at Dundee.

He is certainly a big lad and has a bit of pace so he really couldn't be any worse than Rowles is at the moment.

Rowles is making mistakes in every game that are being punished so it may be time to rest him and it will be Offiah or Kingsley that will take his place.

Yes hope this is given a try. Hoping Kingsley has recovered from that awkward landing on Thursday 

1 minute ago, FJT said:

Yes hope this is given a try. Hoping Kingsley has recovered from that awkward landing on Thursday 

Hopefully he was only winded as a few people have suggested. The game was over by then so right thing to do taking him off.

Diadora Van Basten

Clark

Atkinson Kent Rowles Cochrane

Devlin      Denholm 

Oda    Boyce   Vargas

Shankland 

If we're starting Denholm then we need to start him next to Devlin or another midfielder. Needs someone talking him through games with experience in midfield. Starting him next to another defender out of position is just asking for trouble imo

2 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Hopefully he was only winded as a few people have suggested. The game was over by then so right thing to do taking him off.

👍

I think he was showing glimpses of his old self again lately - we could do with that just now 

5 minutes ago, JamboJoker98 said:

If we're starting Denholm then we need to start him next to Devlin or another midfielder. Needs someone talking him through games with experience in midfield. Starting him next to another defender out of position is just asking for trouble imo

He shouldn't be starting either way. Not good enough.

Anyone know when/whether the ticket exchange is going to open? Found myself unexpectedly free tomorrow but was too late for the general sale. 

Edited by HexhamJambo

Clark

Atkinson Sibbick Kent Cocherane

Devlin Grant

Vargas Boyce Lowry

Shankland

This is a huge game tomorrow. A good win and performance and it gives us a platform to kick on after the International break. Another passive performance with more square pegs in round holes and the fans will lose faith in Naismith, myself included.

Jambof3tornado
1 hour ago, Henroddy said:

Not seen him win a single aerial challenge so not convinced...yet.

His throw ins were my biggest concern,it was like watching a skinny child take a shy!!! 

1 hour ago, Henroddy said:

My thoughts too. I'd definitely like to see him next to Kent tomorrow.

3 minutes ago, andrew said:

Clark

Devlin Grant

Vargas Boyce Lowry

Shankland

This is a huge game tomorrow. A good win and performance and it gives us a platform to kick on after the International break. Another passive performance with more square pegs in round holes and the fans will lose faith in Naismith, myself included.

If celtic annd gers draw, livi beat midden, we could be 2nd on points wi rangers.

30 minutes ago, HexhamJambo said:

Anyone know when/whether the ticket exchange is going to open? Found myself unexpectedly free tomorrow but was too late for the general sale. 

Exchange not opening for this game I got reply by email 

Just now, Jimbojack said:

Typical. The first game in over a year that my tickets can't be used and no ticket exchange

46 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Clark

Atkinson Kent Rowles Cochrane

Devlin      Denholm 

Oda    Boyce   Vargas

Shankland 

Rowles absolutely cannot start. He’s done. Needs dropped for his sake and the teams. Chariots or Toby to partner Kent.

40 minutes ago, Ari Gold said:

He shouldn't be starting either way. Not good enough.

Agree not ready but Haring/Beni/Hof injured, Grant & Halliday fallen/frozen out, and I'm not one for playing defenders in mid especially against a likely low block so management have made a bit of a mess of it thus far

14 minutes ago, andrew said:

Clark

Devlin Grant

Vargas Boyce Lowry

Shankland

You mean McAvoy? 😉

Lowry I think has to start. Every time we have played him through the middle he hasn't been great but when we have shifted him to left wing he looks like a different and rejuvenated player. I also think Offiah should be playing in his favoured position, which I think is centre half. Maybe Sibbick RB. For centre midfield I'd go for Devlin and Grant with Boyce or Shankland in no. 10.

21 minutes ago, andrew said:

Clark

Devlin Grant

Vargas Boyce Lowry

Shankland

Naismith or McAvoy? Or both? 🤷‍♂️😉

41 minutes ago, Jimbojack said:

Seems a really strange decision not to open for a sold-out match. I wonder how these decisions are arrived at.

6 minutes ago, JALBO said:

Seems a really strange decision not to open for a sold-out match. I wonder how these decisions are arrived at.

Yep, very odd

a shame our seats will have to sit empty tomorrow when the club might’ve made extra money 🤷🏻‍♀️

2 hours ago, Alan_R said:

Im no fan of grant. Not my cup of tea. But given the options and the window closing, we have to give him a run. He's pretty much the only genuine forward thinking option in the middle.

Same here.. best of limited options 

47 minutes ago, Mr Kipling said:

Lowry I think has to start. Every time we have played him through the middle he hasn't been great but when we have shifted him to left wing he looks like a different and rejuvenated player. I also think Offiah should be playing in his favoured position, which I think is centre half. Maybe Sibbick RB. For centre midfield I'd go for Devlin and Grant with Boyce or Shankland in no. 10.

Offiah performance in Dundee was really worrying. Defensively he was awful, basic positioning very poor, beaten easily.

1 hour ago, Jimbojack said:

Utterly bonkers decision. Given it is all automated once it is switched on, I really don't see any logic to not opening it for a sold out game.

30 minutes ago, McCrae said:

Same here.. best of limited options 

What about Halliday actually (who I forgot about completely)?

3 hours ago, wavydavy said:

So does anyone know what the situation is with Beni ,Haring and Niewenhoff regarding their "injuries".

We don't seem to be very forthcoming with updates for the fans as to what their problems are "officially" and when we are likely to see them return.

It would also be nice to have progress reports on Halkett and Gordon as well.

This.

It's pathetic we don't get any updates. 

Add Barrie McKay to that list.

54 minutes ago, Mirror said:

Clark

Nat

Kent

Rowles

Kingsley - if fit

Devlin

Grant

Vargas

Boyce

Tagawa

Shanks

Cochrane will play.

I'm dubious around Kye Rowles right now, he looks shaky and I think taking him out for his own good is something worth consideration. Kingsley offers a good option in possession, he's calm and assured on the ball and he can play a bit but I worry defensively he has the same weaknesses Rowles is displaying. He's not strong in the air and my main issue with him at centre back is positioning, heightened by playing in a four. He can just about get away in a three if we are on the front foot. I'm not sure we'll be dominating as much as we'd like tomorrow and we may be better with Sibbick or Offiah in there. Offiah is pretty much an unknown quality wise. Sibbick has plenty improvement in him and he done well on Thursday night at times at centre back in the second half and may get the nod there. 

If definitely like to see Grant get a chance, he's such a frustrating player in my opinion. Looks to have the ability and physicality to play in the middle but he just hasn't shown that cutting edge quality wise and I really question his mentality, I bemoaned him after the friendly at Dunfermline preseason when he played the most advanced centre mid role (his preferred position apparently) and he made 6 or 7 very good off the ball runs and didn't get the pass, then he moaned like a man baby and literally stopped making thise runs. Also as I've stated before you really have to wonder why you can't hold a place in midfield in the current situation (Halliday too) I think that's damning on these players and would point to underperforming in games/sessions or not pulling there weight in training. 

I wouldn't play Tagawa on the wing and I'd have Oda or Lowry ahead of him.

Would love an update officially regarding ALL the injured players.

50 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

This.

Recently we haven't even been getting regular pre match pressers on Hearts TV.

Diadora Van Basten
3 hours ago, MattyK82 said:

Rowles absolutely cannot start. He’s done. Needs dropped for his sake and the teams. Chariots or Toby to partner Kent.

I would be reluctant to chop and change our Centre half partnership but agree that Rowles needs to up his game. I think that Toby is as likely to make a mistake as Rowles and would like to see Offiah but think we need to break him in gently, perhaps by giving him a run out in a game we are winning rather than chucking him in at the deep end.

2 hours ago, Debut 4 said:

Didn’t realise the Motherwell managers Sister, Philipa, is on the Hot Beverages for our players on match days……

😂

1 hour ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

This.

Seems to have been a deliberate recent decision not to provide updates on the injured players. Not convinced there is any real benefit in this strategy so I'd really like some details. 

The lack of info just creates more frustration for the fans and ill-informed speculation.

Ricardo Quaresma
8 hours ago, FJT said:

Exactly. What is happening that we have at times reverted to the form that got Neilson sacked? 
One nil down and a throw in at the half way line, after an eternity goes back deep into our defence, possession lost and we’re in self inflicted trouble? We lose a stupid goal because of meaningless short sideways passes or an unnecessarily risky short free kick at the back. Midfielders, who aren’t naturally midfielders with no forwards pass. Players bullied out of possession. 
We need our injured players back sharpish, a team selection shake up and an attacking, shot taking style back consistently… not asking much 😬🤣
Naismith to sort it out and Frankie to firmly take a back seat from now on please 🙏 🤞

It was brutal viewing, yes; shouting and moaning and groaning

We're 1 down, their goals are that way, FFFF

Ricardo Quaresma
7 hours ago, PapaShango said:

He’s no worse an option than playing Sibbick or Denholm IMO and at least looks to move the ball forward. Having anyone else in there is just defensive midfielders who don’t offer anything offensively. I would pair him with Devlin tomorrow. 

We might get Halliday; him and grant will get their one more chance now that the window's shut

Think grant will start from the bench

28 minutes ago, Gorgierools said:

Recently we haven't even been getting regular pre match pressers on Hearts TV.

Maybe the management team don't know who should attend?

Ricardo Quaresma
7 hours ago, PapaShango said:

Any win will do tomorrow and take a scrappy 1-0 at this stage going into the break. It’s important to get wins at home especially when we are so poor on the road.

We need to outwit them and rush them

2 hours ago, Saint Jambo said:

Utterly bonkers decision. Given it is all automated once it is switched on, I really don't see any logic to not opening it for a sold out game.

And there will be hundreds of empty seats aswell. Crazy not to open the exchange. Our board seem out of touch on certain matters. 

Ricardo Quaresma
6 hours ago, blairdin said:

Whether people want to admit it or not, injuries mean the squad is stretched, confidence is low, there will be some fatigue after the trip to Greece. 

I hope we win. I expect us to draw 1-1. 

International break is needed. I think Kye Rowles needs taken out of the firing line.

I don't know about confidence being low; I think the lads know where everything is at

Some players maybe a bit fatigued but 5 subs is good for us and worse for them; think they got 1 more new guy last night

Our European experiences will come to the fore

They've been doing well since new management, but they're not on the level of our recent opponents

2 minutes ago, Boris5115 said:

And there will be hundreds of empty seats aswell. Crazy not to open the exchange. Our board seem out of touch on certain matters. 

Is hospitality maybe still available?

30 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

I would be reluctant to chop and change our Centre half partnership but agree that Rowles needs to up his game. I think that Toby is as likely to make a mistake as Rowles and would like to see Offiah but think we need to break him in gently, perhaps by giving him a run out in a game we are winning rather than chucking him in at the deep end.

I wouldn’t want to regularly chop and change, but this would be the first time this season that the back two CB’s would change (assuming that happens). 

It has to happen sometime. We can’t just keep playing Rowles and hoping he somehow turns it around.  He keeps making mistakes, often the same ones and it’s costing the team crucial goals. 

Like Sibbick last season, he needs taken out the team for his own good and for the team. 

And of Toby - he has redeeming features like pace and ability to bring the ball out. Rowles isn’t particularly quick and he hardly ever brings it out. Chariots is by nature, a CB I believe (who can play RB). His size and from what I’ve seen, aerial ability could be handy in the Scottish game.

We wouldn’t be chucking him at the deep end imo. With all due respect, it’s a home game v Motherwell. Yes, they are on a good run and it’s always a competitive game v them. But it’s not a match vs the uglies or a derby. 

Put it this way, we can’t carry on as we have been, in a defensive sense.