*** Official Heart of Midlothian v Motherwell Thread***

TexasAndy

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, XB52 said:

Well that was shite. Atkinson and Vargas get pass marks, although that's probably being harsh on Zander. Too soon to be calling for the managers head but, after the international break, they'll no longer have the excuse of european ties so things need to improve and quick 

Clark was a bit better at releasing the ball quicker but Is still hesitant at coming to clear the ball and we have to pack the box at corner’s because he cant come from crosses. 

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Cruyff

• Pasquale for King

• buzzbomb1958

Motherwell were decent yesterday. Well drilled, defended well and moved the ball quickly up top. The passing and movement for their goal and the one narrowly round the post in the second half was good.

Really worrying that we are struggling already.

Just now, heartsfc_fan said:

Motherwell were decent yesterday. Well drilled, defended well and moved the ball quickly up top. The passing and movement for their goal and the one narrowly round the post in the second half was good.

Really worrying that we are struggling already.

Well drilled being pertinent in comparison to us.

14 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

The whole 2nd half was Rowles Kent Sibbick at CH, Im right in line with them.

Atkinson did get forward well and found Tagawa with one cross, and created absolutely nothing else all day long. 

He sent a great pass into Shankland's feet but unfortunately his shot was blocked. Atkinson plays really good low hard crosses into feet rather than constantly hitting  crosses that either fly over everyone's head, or that their goalie takes with ease.  Motherwell defended their box very well.

Edited by Firefox

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, Firefox said:

He sent a great pass into Shankland's feet but unfortunately his shot was blocked. Atkinson plays really good low hard crosses into feet rather than constantly hitting  crosses that either fly over everyone's head, or that their goalie takes with ease.  Motherwell defended their box very well.

I forgot about that as It was opposite us at the other end, he kept going the whole game and created our two best chances but he saw more of the ball than anyone else and didn’t do much else. Was best of the bad bunch apart from Kent. 
Motherwell were good, Slattery looked like someone we could do with and Harry Paton has developed into a decent player at this level. 

Edited by Pasquale for King
Spelling

The last few games under Robbie Neilson were really depressing to watch. You could see that the players had chucked it and performance levels fell off a cliff. Yesterday felt a lot like that. I'm not saying the players have chucked it - I don't think they have - but it was the same kind of aimless, lifeless performance from the team. I felt really fed up after the match.

I honestly don't know what the problem is right now. Are the players good and the coaching staff just don't know how to get the best out of them? Are the players crap and we have been kidding ourselves otherwise? I'm really not sure at this point.

Something is badly wrong at Hearts just now. We look terrible. It's early days in the season but I'm not going to lie, I am very worried about the way things are shaping up. ☹️

jambos are go!

After reading all the comments from the torn faced disasters on here I was not surprised to find the TV highlights showed we put in a better show than they were suggesting. The torn faced disasters will never change their spots and we need to get rid of them!

Just been having a convo with a colleague about how bad we were yesterday. It’s becoming a wee Monday morning ritual now. We were on the subject of how we had 16 (SIXTEEN) corners and never created one solitary chance from them. Then the wee office Hibs twat pipes up and tells me they scored from a corner yesterday and they hardly had any. 

Just what I wanted to hear. 

Edited by DS98

33 minutes ago, jambos are go! said:

After reading all the comments from the torn faced disasters on here I was not surprised to find the TV highlights showed we put in a better show than they were suggesting. The torn faced disasters will never change their spots and we need to get rid of them!

Watching the highlights actually made me angrier.   I didn't notice from the Roseburn view I had Rowles bouncing off a Motherwell player resulting in him falling on his arse.   Rowles and Cochrane deep defending ball watching on the goal.  Cochrane making a late effort to move right. 

Oh yeah Tagawa heading over the bar.   

Apart from that what I saw in the first half had some false promise. 

14 minutes ago, DS98 said:

Just been having a convo with a colleague about how bad we were yesterday. It’s becoming a wee Monday morning ritual now. We were on the subject of how we had 16 (SIXTEEN) corners and never created one solitary chance from them. Then the wee office Hibs twat pipes up and tells me they scored from a corner yesterday and they hardly had any. 

😀 😂 👍 

There's always one. 

Edited by HMFC01

Fozzyonthefence
1 hour ago, jambos are go! said:

Try going to a game and watching a full 90 minutes or even a dodgy steam then you’ll see just how bad we are at the moment rather than relying on shitey BBC or Sky highlights which don’t show much at all.  

Don’t think I’ve seen or heard anything from anyone who was at the game who thought that was anything other than utter dross.  That’s the reality of where we are right now, it’s nothing to do with being torn faced.

So what’s your solution  - get rid of all the fans that go to the games and pump millions into the club?  Yeah, that’ll solve everything.  

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, DS98 said:

They won 4 headers at that goal, we didn’t win that many in those 16 corners. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Try going to a game and watching a full 90 minutes or even a dodgy steam then you’ll see just how bad we are at the moment rather than relying on shitey BBC or Sky highlights which don’t show much at all.  

Don’t think I’ve seen or heard anything from anyone who was at the game who thought that was anything other than utter dross.  That’s the reality of where we are right now, it’s nothing to do with being torn faced.

So what’s your solution  - get rid of all the fans that go to the games and pump millions into the club?  Yeah, that’ll solve everything.  

👍🏽👏🏾

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, HMFC01 said:

Watching the highlights actually made me angrier.   I didn't notice from the Roseburn view I had Rowles bouncing off a Motherwell player resulting in him falling on his arse.   Rowles and Cochrane deep defending ball watching on the goal.  Cochrane making a late effort to move right. 

Oh yeah Tagawa heading over the bar.   

Apart from that what I saw in the first half had some false promise. 

😀 😂 👍 

There's always one. 

I was the same, those two have no clue about defending and both are vastly overrated by our fans and club. Bad miss by Tagawa but at least he was there in the middle of the box in space to make the attempt..

gorgierulesapply88
4 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

He didn’t out wide ffs he and Boyce went left and right as two number 10s behind Tagawa, not wingers. Was Shankland more effective in the second half than the first? Boyce should’ve been off as apart from few nice touches and headers won there is no actual end product and he’s pretty ineffective really. 

I disagree. The usual link-up wasn't there Oda poor lowry aswell.

Boyce isn't played as a striker much as shankland wasn't last term due to ginnelly.

Pasquale for King
4 hours ago, gorgierulesapply88 said:

I disagree. The usual link-up wasn't there Oda poor lowry aswell.

Boyce isn't played as a striker much as shankland wasn't last term due to ginnelly.

What part do you disagree with? Boyce and Shankland flanked Tagawa second, fact. 

Boyce has produced one assist and missed 4 chances so far this season, we wont achieve anything with him and Shankland playing from the start. 

Boyce played as a striker with Shankland in both games versus PAOK. 

We were at our best last season with Ginnelly slightly ahead of Shankland, when we start with two slow players up top teams just push up. Tagawa came on yesterday and they dropped 20 yards and we created chances. 

jambos are go!
7 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

I have been a season ticket holder for over 50 years and would have attended but was recently hospitalised and now housebound. But I will be back as soon as I can. 

henrysmithsgloves
8 hours ago, jambos are go! said:

I have been a season ticket holder for over 50 years and would have attended but was recently hospitalised and now housebound. But I will be back as soon as I can. 

Get well soon, I'm in a similar condition,but looks like we're no missing much playing wise unfortunately 😞

18 hours ago, jambos are go! said:

Get well soon.

Motherwell defended well and threw themselves in front of everything near the end. Hearts certainly didn't get the good fortunate of a lucky deflection but, the overall performance was crap, bud.

Edited by martoon

We_are_the_Hearts

Someone needs to have a word with Kent. The amount of times he had space to drive into but chose to pass to Atkinson or Oda was unreal. Souttar was good at this, if he drives into the space they need to bring a player out which then creates space for others. Basic stuff. He wasnt alone in being far too cautious. Sibbick did it once 2nd half and we created a chance.

22 hours ago, jambos are go! said:

If you were not at the game and relied on tv highlights ,who are you to call supporters who actually went to the match torn faced.

I was there and it was awful.

Ricardo Quaresma
10 hours ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Someone needs to have a word with Kent. The amount of times he had space to drive into but chose to pass to Atkinson or Oda was unreal. Souttar was good at this, if he drives into the space they need to bring a player out which then creates space for others. Basic stuff. He wasnt alone in being far too cautious. Sibbick did it once 2nd half and we created a chance.

Sibbick did well I thought, when he came on, never noticed any mistakes

4 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Sibbick did well I thought, when he came on, never noticed any mistakes

Toby has more than earned his chance over that ****ing imposter Rowles. 

Ricardo Quaresma
2 minutes ago, OTT said:

Toby has more than earned his chance over that ****ing imposter Rowles. 

I think I posted after paok home game that he needs benched for all our sakes; he's in a flat spin inside a Tornado like RN was as manager

23 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

I think I posted after paok home game that he needs benched for all our sakes; he's in a flat spin inside a Tornado like RN was as manager

By my count he's had a hand in us losing 6 points already this season - his pass to Denholm to cause the Dundee goal - he's an experienced internationalist, there was no need in making such a stupid pass, but as per he's tripping over himself to absolve himself of responsibility of the ball and against Motherwell ****ing up the offside trap. 

I just want him to go away. 

Ricardo Quaresma
32 minutes ago, OTT said:

By my count he's had a hand in us losing 6 points already this season - his pass to Denholm to cause the Dundee goal - he's an experienced internationalist, there was no need in making such a stupid pass, but as per he's tripping over himself to absolve himself of responsibility of the ball and against Motherwell ****ing up the offside trap. 

I just want him to go away. 

I haven't watched the highlights yet but from my view in X, all I remember is 2 of their guys standing side by side right of centre, just outside the 18; one of them, slattery, got the goal and I didn't think it was offside; the VAR check always gets the hopes up that you missed something 😡

I'll look at it later but it seemed a classic timed breach of the back line

Edit: Yes, wasn't on the same page with springing the trap

The whole thing didn't make good viewing, our defence didn't look too clever as a unit

A simple 1-2 caught them all out

-

Edited by Ricardo Quaresma