Kingsley

Cochrane

Devlin

Grant

Vargas

Boyce

Lowry

Shanks

100% this is the team for me. Lowry out a bit wider looks way more effective than through the middle.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Cruyff

• Pasquale for King

• buzzbomb1958

56 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

I would be reluctant to chop and change our Centre half partnership but agree that Rowles needs to up his game. I think that Toby is as likely to make a mistake as Rowles and would like to see Offiah but think we need to break him in gently, perhaps by giving him a run out in a game we are winning rather than chucking him in at the deep end.

I think that the chopping and changing is affecting the players, rightly or wrongly, especially regards to central defence and midfield which is the spine of the team. 

24 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

Is hospitality maybe still available?

We can't possibly be holding back on selling tickets through the exchange because we have hospitality packages costing over £100 available. That would be the epitomy of not understanding your customers.

Diadora Van Basten
1 minute ago, chrystaf said:

I think that the chopping and changing is affecting the players, rightly or wrongly, especially regards to central defence and midfield which is the spine of the team. 

I agree if a player makes a mistake or has a bad game then they are dropped. If you watch The Quarterback Mahomes and Cousins make plenty of mistakes but come back from it. I think Oda started this season as our best player but now is struggling to get a start after one poor game.

3 hours ago, Saint Jambo said:

Utterly bonkers decision. Given it is all automated once it is switched on, I really don't see any logic to not opening it for a sold out game.

Folk were moaning because it opened up too close to match day the last game, damned if they do etc.......

1 minute ago, cazzyy said:

Folk were moaning because it opened up too close to match day the last game, damned if they do etc.......

I think the issue last time was they left it too late when they could have opened it earlier. Some people think it should open before it is a conmplete sell out (I tend to disagree). They could also put in place a way to indicate your ticket is available before the exchange actually opens. I don't think anyone suggested before the last game that the solution is not to open the exchange at all. So it isn't a case of dammed if they do, dammed if they don't, as the two complaints aren't the reverse I'd each other.

Clark (g) 😁 

Kent

Sibbick

Atkinson 

Cochrane 

Devlin 

Denholm 

Vargas

Shankland (c) 

Lowry 

Tagawa 

I'm confident this team will do the business.   Boyce, Oda, Forrest, Haliday, Kingsley off the bench. 

Just now, Saint Jambo said:

I think the issue last time was they left it too late when they could have opened it earlier. Some people think it should open before it is a conmplete sell out (I tend to disagree). They could also put in place a way to indicate your ticket is available before the exchange actually opens. I don't think anyone suggested before the last game that the solution is not to open the exchange at all. So it isn't a case of dammed if they do, dammed if they don't, as the two complaints aren't the reverse I'd each other.

If they opened it up today they would get damned, they didn't open it up today and got damned. That was all I was saying.

Just now, cazzyy said:

If they opened it up today they would get damned, they didn't open it up today and got damned. That was all I was saying.

Who would have damned them and why? They were damned when they delayed. Everyone has welcomed the existence of the exchange to make tickets available when games sell out.

2 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

Who would have damned them and why? They were damned when they delayed. Everyone has welcomed the existence of the exchange to make tickets available when games sell out.

Not sure what you mean tbh.

If they opened it today folk would moan that it's too late just like last time 

They didn't open it today and folk are moaning about that.

I reckon the game needs to sell out a bit quicker than it maybe did to open the exchange but to be honest I don't know when it sold out.

1 hour ago, Chong said:

Cochrane will play.

I'm dubious around Kye Rowles right now, he looks shaky and I think taking him out for his own good is something worth consideration. Kingsley offers a good option in possession, he's calm and assured on the ball and he can play a bit but I worry defensively he has the same weaknesses Rowles is displaying. He's not strong in the air and my main issue with him at centre back is positioning, heightened by playing in a four. He can just about get away in a three if we are on the front foot. I'm not sure we'll be dominating as much as we'd like tomorrow and we may be better with Sibbick or Offiah in there. Offiah is pretty much an unknown quality wise. Sibbick has plenty improvement in him and he done well on Thursday night at times at centre back in the second half and may get the nod there. 

If definitely like to see Grant get a chance, he's such a frustrating player in my opinion. Looks to have the ability and physicality to play in the middle but he just hasn't shown that cutting edge quality wise and I really question his mentality, I bemoaned him after the friendly at Dunfermline preseason when he played the most advanced centre mid role (his preferred position apparently) and he made 6 or 7 very good off the ball runs and didn't get the pass, then he moaned like a man baby and literally stopped making thise runs. Also as I've stated before you really have to wonder why you can't hold a place in midfield in the current situation (Halliday too) I think that's damning on these players and would point to underperforming in games/sessions or not pulling there weight in training. 

I wouldn't play Tagawa on the wing and I'd have Oda or Lowry ahead of him.

Would love an update officially regarding ALL the injured players.

I agree with your points. My suggested back 4 was more for consistency but given our recent results we probably need a change. 

Further forward, I feel that Lowry seems to play better when coming on as a sub. 

Given the Halliday game time newspaper article it will be interesting if he starts. 

13 minutes ago, cazzyy said:

Not sure what you mean tbh.

If they opened it today folk would moan that it's too late just like last time 

They didn't open it today and folk are moaning about that.

I reckon the game needs to sell out a bit quicker than it maybe did to open the exchange but to be honest I don't know when it sold out.

The issue last time was they had the option to open it earlier. There was a significant delay between tickets selling out and the exchange being opened. There were also extended period during sales last time when no tickets were available before more tickets were released. The process seemed badly managed so people complained.

This time the match finished much closer to the game so it wouldn't be possible to open it earlier, so no one would complain about it opening close to the game. Not opening it as soon as the match sells out is the recurring problem. So people are complaining about the same issue in both cases.

Ricardo Quaresma
11 minutes ago, Mirror said:

I agree with your points. My suggested back 4 was more for consistency but given our recent results we probably need a change. 

Further forward, I feel that Lowry seems to play better when coming on as a sub. 

Given the Halliday game time newspaper article it will be interesting if he starts. 

Shove him in; money where mouth is, go on then!

9 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

The issue last time was they had the option to open it earlier. There was a significant delay between tickets selling out and the exchange being opened. There were also extended period during sales last time when no tickets were available before more tickets were released. The process seemed badly managed so people complained.

This time the match finished much closer to the game so it wouldn't be possible to open it earlier, so no one would complain about it opening close to the game. Not opening it as soon as the match sells out is the recurring problem. So people are complaining about the same issue in both cases.

I'm not sure what you mean with the first bit in bold, what match and what has it got to do with tomorrow?

The second bold part deserves this - :rofl:

I agree that it needs opened up as soon as a match sells out but you're wrong if you think folk wouldn't moan if that was the day before a game.

Tom Hardy’s Dug

So people that were ranking our 0-0 at home as a good result to Killie (I mean a pathetic way to try and prop up Naismith really) looking a bit daft now.

Motherwell played well last week I guess so another excuse again for them this week.

We need a win. We need our best 11 to play whoever played on Thursday (answers on a postcard as to what our best 11 is).

We need 30 shots at goal.

No excuses.

1 minute ago, cazzyy said:

I'm not sure what you mean with the first bit in bold, what match and what has it got to do with tomorrow?

The second bold part deserves this - :rofl:

I agree that it needs opened up as soon as a match sells out but you're wrong if you think folk wouldn't moan if that was the day before a game.

Sorry should have said, last time the match sold out much earlier. People complained because there was a signific delay before the exchange then opened.

You still haven't explained why you think people would complain if when the game sells out a day or two before the match, the exchange was then opened. What reason would people have for complaining? You initially used the last game as proof. But as I've now explained to you repeatedly, that is not what happened last time. I'll await some justification for the hypothetical situation you've invented.

While you think about that, here is an actual real life situation for you. The Motherwell game is sold out. There are fans both wanting to sell and buy tickets with a cut going to the club. The club has the time and IT system available to facilitate this. Do you think it is a good or bad decision not to open the exchange for this game?

Ricardo Quaresma
2 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

So people that were ranking our 0-0 at home as a good result to Killie (I mean a pathetic way to try and prop up Naismith really) looking a bit daft now.

Motherwell played well last week I guess so another excuse again for them this week.

We need a win. We need our best 11 to play whoever played on Thursday (answers on a postcard as to what our best 11 is).

No excuses.

Who? Who claimed that?

3 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

No excuses.

Is this bit satire 🤣

5 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

Sorry should have said, last time the match sold out much earlier. People complained because there was a signific delay before the exchange then opened.

You still haven't explained why you think people would complain if when the game sells out a day or two before the match, the exchange was then opened. What reason would people have for complaining? You initially used the last game as proof. But as I've now explained to you repeatedly, that is not what happened last time. I'll await some justification for the hypothetical situation you've invented.

While you think about that, here is an actual real life situation for you. The Motherwell game is sold out. There are fans both wanting to sell and buy tickets with a cut going to the club. The club has the time and IT system available to facilitate this. Do you think it is a good or bad decision not to open the exchange for this game?

I've already said this 

"I agree that it needs opened up as soon as a match sells out but you're wrong if you think folk wouldn't moan if that was the day before a game."

I can't explain why people would complain but I'm fairly confident that they would.

1 hour ago, chrystaf said:

We've not really been chopping and changing CB's though have we. Kent and Rowles have had a good run of games together. Personally I'd like to try something else because I think we need a better partnership in there. Whether it's Offiah or Sibbick, I'm not sure, but one of them deserves a chance beside Kent. Can't imagine Sibbick would have been given the number of chances Rowles has had. 

3 hours ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

This.

It's pathetic we don't get any updates. 

Add Barrie McKay to that list.

We had an update a couple of days ago.

Clark 

Natty Kent Kingsley Cochrane

Devlin Denholm

Vargas.       Boycie.       Lowry 

Shankland 

46 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

No excuses.

People were not ranking it as a good result at all. A few folk said a week or so later it didn’t look so bad after Kilmarnock’s results against the old firm but what you just said is twisting it and taking it our of contract. 

This is My Story Podcast

Massive game tomorrow as many have all ready eluded to. Performances have been dreadful this season, Rosenberg at home and Partick at home aside. A performance and or signs of a style, shape and tactics would be very much welcomed tomorrow. The tedious, slow, possession based football is not what we have been promised or sold by the club. My biggest concern for tomorrow is that we will see 3 at the back, I hope we don’t but I have a feeling we will see Offiah drop into the back 3 alongside Kent and Rowles. Atkinson and Cochrane will be “wing backs” with Devlin and Lowry probably in the midfield, in that mad diamond we tried a few times last year. Vargas, Shankland and Oda up front. If it delivers the performance and result we want then it’ll shut me up but 5 at the back, at home isn’t going to fill me with confidence. 

Cliche to say but season starts tomorrow. We know what’s expected and results keep falling our way. Need to win. 

Hearts 3 - Motherwell 1 

Shankland x2, Oda. 

Clark

Offiah Sibbick Kent Kingsley

Devlin

Vargas       Grant              Lowry

Boyce

Shankland

Basically I want a clean sheet and some sort of semblance of a solid defence, tightening things up at the back. 

Build on that, with Vargas and Lowry positive on the wings, Grant getting forward to link with Boyce, and him having the vision and passing ability to get our forward/wide players on the ball more often in dangerous areas. It's a big ask, but he needs to get a few starts while Haring/Hoff/Beni are out injured. 

43 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

People were not ranking it as a good result at all. A few folk said a week or so later it didn’t look so bad after Kilmarnock’s results against the old firm but what you just said is twisting it and taking it our of contract. 

The way Killie set up and our poor attempts to break them down gives me the fear. It’s the template most teams will use at Tynecastle, and some at their own place (Dundee last week)

We desperately need some tempo about our play. Celtic under Ange were absolutely blowing out their arse after 70 mins but by that time they’d blown teams away such was the tempo they played at. I’m not suggesting we have their talent but we have to try and knock these park the bus teams out their shape, catch them out by doing everything quickly and get a lead. 

20 minutes ago, Der Kaiser said:

Is there a cut off for using ticket exchange?

Cant make it tomorrow due to my laddie having a cup game....(he can't make it either)

Latest time to put tickets on TE usually 4 hours before kick off , but someone said earlier that they’ve heard it’s not going to be used for this game 🤷🏻‍♀️

Lord Beni of Gorgie

You know what. 

Brush off the negativity tomorrow, get behind the team, through a very busy tricky spell, get 3 points and kick on when the games are once a week.

Far too much moping, be positive and get on with it 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
16 minutes ago, Elmo said:

Hopes for the team

no Rowles  

oda to start 

Halliday to start 

Not Halliday but a defo yes to the other two. Rowles deserves to be dropped 

Fozzyonthefence
59 minutes ago, EH11 2NL said:

Back to basics for me. 442

Clark

Natty Kent Kingsley Cochrane

Vargas Devlin Grant Oda

Boyce Shanks 

Not bad except did you not see Kingsley play CB last season?  No danger, he’s even worse than Rowles there!

Fozzyonthefence
1 hour ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

You know what. 

Brush off the negativity tomorrow, get behind the team, through a very busy tricky spell, get 3 points and kick on when the games are once a week.

Far too much moping, be positive and get on with it 

You’d be better sending that message to the players. 

Bonnie Prince Charlie
1 hour ago, FJT said:

Latest time to put tickets on TE usually 4 hours before kick off , but someone said earlier that they’ve heard it’s not going to be used for this game 🤷🏻‍♀️

Thanks for that, guess my seat will be empty then I have used it this year but no way is some random from a mb sitting in the seat, 

Fozzyonthefence
2 hours ago, Rudy T said:

The way Killie set up and our poor attempts to break them down gives me the fear. It’s the template most teams will use at Tynecastle, and some at their own place (Dundee last week)

We desperately need some tempo about our play. Celtic under Ange were absolutely blowing out their arse after 70 mins but by that time they’d blown teams away such was the tempo they played at. I’m not suggesting we have their talent but we have to try and knock these park the bus teams out their shape, catch them out by doing everything quickly and get a lead. 

Killie didn’t park the bus, they were the only team that looked like winning. 

Ricardo Quaresma
2 hours ago, Der Kaiser said:

Is there a cut off for using ticket exchange?

Cant make it tomorrow due to my laddie having a cup game....(he can't make it either)

Just get your car and do some doughnuts on the pitch; match surely abandoned 🙂

Ricardo Quaresma
56 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

A win and we’re 4th at least, 3rd if Rangers lose to Celtic. Never too early to stake that claim.

Think the mhanks will get pumped 🙂