Nieuwenhof ( merged )

Jackhmfc1348

fabienleclerq
27 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Maybe that tells us it is too early to judge him ………….. or to pass sentence really , as that seems to what folk are keen to do 

It's a fans forum people will give their opinions. Do you tell people saying Vargas looks the business to calm down?

It's fine for people to judge based on what theyve seen so far. They can reassess as he plays more games. Up to him to prove people wrong. 

I think it's evident the coaching staff haven't thought he's started well so it's gard to criticise fans saying the same no?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• GinRummy

• The Black Prince

• Chimp

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, TallPaul said:

The fact Cochrane started CM should answer that

So you think Naismith has written the Hoff off then?

south morocco
1 minute ago, Jim Panzee said:

I don’t think he’s really ready. Naismith was  quite positive about his signing. Hopefully he can get up to speed reasonably quickly. I gut his situation has been  questioned due to other midfielders injuries now we’re a bit limited on options 

I can’t make any judgement on Calem at this point as he’s not played too many minutes, same with the rest of our new signings really.

I am a bit concerned at the idea that he might be our only Beni alternative and yet wasn’t deemed good enough for the bench last night, but I suspect (hope) that that is just an idea and that the reality is that he was just carrying a slight knock and that’s that.

that

8 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

I think if he felt he was up to playing at this level he would have played. He has either written him off or the lad has a steep learning curve

3 minutes ago, south morocco said:

I don’t think he’s really ready. Naismith was  quite positive about his signing. Hopefully he can get up to speed reasonably quickly. I gut his situation has been  questioned due to other midfielders injuries now we’re a bit limited on options 

Think I’ll go with what Naismith and his team think re: the Hoff.

none of us know what’s happening off the pitch. Perhaps mentally Naismith is happy to ease Calum in gently?

2 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

I don't think he reads JKB mate. He had an absolute disaster. Boyce conversely has come back and looks a man reborn ...

It's almost as if Beni and Boyce are two different people recovering from different injuries. 

At least we can agree about Boyce.

south morocco
17 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

none of us know what’s happening off the pitch. Perhaps mentally Naismith is happy to ease Calum in gently?

Me too. And I think you are right.

However the current injury situation in this department is polarising the situation.

3 hours ago, GinRummy said:

It’s important to have squad players and if the management are happy with the squad and think Beni or Calem can give us what we need in centre mid then great. The squad is unbalanced though. We have a lot of centre mids. Way more than CB’s for example. 

If there’s doubts over Calems readiness to step up and Benis fitness then they need to act while the window is still open. **** going through another season of sub par choices at centre mid. 

Given how many midfielders we have, if someone else were to sign then an existing guy would have to sold or loaned out. 

Centre mids are nearly all defensive types as well. 

25 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

Maybe he thought he was getting an attacking midfielder rather than a defensive midfielder? Who knows? 

upgotheheads

He's a recently arrived young player who hasn't figured in three crucial Euro games, he's a prospect, not the finished article, and has made a big step up from Australian to European and British football. I would expect him to be introduced against some of the 'lesser' teams not thrown in at the deep end. I woudn't be surprised to see him and Denholm involved on Sunday depending how the game goes. 

5 hours ago, martoon said:

A very neat and tidy midfielder.

Exactly what we said about Kio when he first arrived. It was code for ‘he doesn’t really do anything’!

south morocco
17 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Maybe he thought he was getting an attacking midfielder rather than a defensive midfielder? Who knows? 

Really? I would hope their due diligence on player recruitment is a little bit better than that. 

south morocco
6 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

He's a recently arrived young player who hasn't figured in three crucial Euro games, he's a prospect, not the finished article, and has made a big step up from Australian to European and British football. I would expect him to be introduced against some of the 'lesser' teams not thrown in at the deep end. I woudn't be surprised to see him and Denholm involved on Sunday depending how the game goes. 

Agreed. But no one has patience 

Spitonastranger
6 hours ago, Jackhmfc1348 said:

I feel bad for nieuwenhof made his debut less than a month ago and is already being written off

How do you feel about the wee team getting pumped

Bungalow Bill
49 minutes ago, TallPaul said:

I think if he felt he was up to playing at this level he would have played. He has either written him off or the lad has a steep learning curve

They said on the radio before the game he was injured. 

Malinga the Swinga
1 minute ago, Bungalow Bill said:

They said on the radio before the game he was injured. 

C'mon now, you should know better gsn to be rational. Guys are too busy spreading their shite over this thread to be bothered by actual facts.

5 minutes ago, south morocco said:

Really? I would hope their due diligence on player recruitment is a little bit better than that. 

Well it’s interesting. We were told he was an attacking, maybe even a box to box midfielder. However when you look at the football sites nearly everyone has him as a cm or cdm. Certainly doesn’t appear to be an attacking midfielder.  Maybe they think he has the attributes to become a different type of player? He is certainly young enough to learn and adapt. Just means he is a good while away from being what we need today. 

7 minutes ago, Korky said:

Exactly what we said about Kio when he first arrived. It was code for ‘he doesn’t really do anything’!

Neiuwenhof isn't Kio.

Kio isn't Neiuwenhof.

Greedy Jambo

We don't have a good enough squad or manager to be signing first-team players for the future. 

I don't think they have to be fair, he's either injured or another dud. 

I'm absolutely stunned that someone who's made a handful of appearances in a provincial back water league, even compared to the the SPFL, hasn't hit the ground running here. 

This is a thread about Kuol isn't it?

17 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Written off by who ?

Which was my question way earlier in the thread.

written off by a handful of JKBers. 

2 hours ago, fabienleclerq said:

It's a fans forum people will give their opinions. Do you tell people saying Vargas looks the business to calm down?

It's fine for people to judge based on what theyve seen so far. They can reassess as he plays more games. Up to him to prove people wrong. 

I think it's evident the coaching staff haven't thought he's started well so it's gard to criticise fans saying the same no?

I am not telling you to do any thing . You can do as **** you please mate :lol: 

All I am saying is may be it is too early to judge and we should all just wait a bit 

fabienleclerq
45 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I am not telling you to do any thing . You can do as **** you please mate :lol: 

All I am saying is may be it is too early to judge and we should all just wait a bit 

Thanks I appreciate it!!

It's absolutely too early to judge whether he'll be a success at Hearts. It's not too early to say what you think of him so far though.

He was injured last night.

So far he's played twice for an hour and been ok if not spectacular.  We've not let in a goal or given up a chance of note when he's played and we won both games.

Folk berating him at this point need to relax 

5 hours ago, Greedy Jambo said:

It would be nice if we signed a midfielder that could come in and do a job straight away, you'd think they would have learned from the Kio disaster. 

Savage needs Nieuwenhof to work after Kio. Kio was an awful signing despite the excuses that some fans made during his spell. So far below the level required. 

My worry is I see Aberdeen trying to push the boat out with some of their signings. Not sure I'm necessarily seeing that with us. If you try to be cute and go into markets where you believe you can achieve better value for money it can often bite you on the hole. 

If Beni comes back at the level pre injury and Nieuwenhof is that player then we may well be in good order. 

We seem quite fixated on Australian and Japanese markets. 

10 minutes ago, Carter said:

Savage needs Nieuwenhof to work after Kio. Kio was an awful signing despite the excuses that some fans made during his spell. So far below the level required. 

My worry is I see Aberdeen trying to push the boat out with some of their signings. Not sure I'm necessarily seeing that with us. If you try to be cute and go into markets where you believe you can achieve better value for money it can often bite you on the hole. 

If Beni comes back at the level pre injury and Nieuwenhof is that player then we may well be in good order. 

We are trying to exploit emerging markets because they offer better value for money. The alternative is that we scrap for players with clubs from England’s League One. We can’t remotely compete financially even with Championship clubs now.

We’ve not done badly. Devlin and Oda have been successes in maroon. Atkinson has done OK. Rowles has been disappointing so far this season but looked decent last year until his injury. It’s really too early to tell with Tagawa and Hoff.

HeartsandonlyHearts
2 hours ago, Greedy Jambo said:

We don't have a good enough squad or manager to be signing first-team players for the future. 

I don't think they have to be fair, he's either injured or another dud. 

This place 🤦🏻

Can't believe Hoff is being written off already by some, although it is Kickback after all lol, I hope the boy will grow into an excellent player for us and this thread will crop again every time he is outstanding in a match.

I know the internet does this, but the rush to polar hot-takes which then have to be defended to the bitter end is mental. 

The boy is 22 and has played an hour of competitive football twice for us. 

The fact he got bang on an hour each time points to his minutes being pre-planned to bed him in. 

The sample size is minuscule. How anyone can have any confidence in any judgements at this stage is beyond me. 

When he’s had 15 games, we can talk. 

Hungry hippo

He's done very little wrong in the 2 games. I thought he did the required job against Partick and in the St Johnstone game he was on on a par with everyone else in that first half.

This thread seems to be based on a misunderstanding that he was dropped from the squad on Thursday when he appears to have been slightly injured.

Way too early to make any conclusions either way yet.

8 hours ago, Carter said:

We are ‘fixated’ on players within our budget - wether they play in Japan, Australia or on the moon.

I have a gut feeling Nieuwenhof will turn out to be a really good player for us once he settles and gets a good run in the side. Hasn't really put a foot wrong so far. I'd be more worried if he looked bad or lost the ball every time he had it and I've seen no evidence whatsoever that he's poor. 

Seems like almost every signing we ever make these days needs to hit the ground running or there's doubts instantly. I remember when Alex Cochrane first arrived he was hardly great, he took a while to hit form and look how he's turned out for us.

Also folk comparing Nieuwenhof with Kio already, turn it in 🤦‍♂️

Tynecastle Valhalla

He can pass a ball that’s for sure 

but he didn’t look tenancious which let’s face it in the spfl you do need to be 

3 minutes ago, Tynecastle Valhalla said:

He can pass a ball that’s for sure 

but he didn’t look tenancious which let’s face it in the spfl you do need to be 

Might not have looked tenacious in his very few minutes he's played so far but apparently he was all of last season in the A-League - a league not exactly known for being soft. Not worried about that side of his game.

Pete Elliott

No chance the club have written him off. Giving him time to settle and is clever management. Will go on to be a very good player for us.

He will be ready technically. But it appears we have signed a player who is maybe quite slow or maybe quite one paced. As a result he is not been thrown in so far. 

If that is true then I’m worried as I al always concerned as to how much a player can get up to speed when he just does not have much dynamism about him. 

I am speculating of course. Let’s hope he comes good. 

29 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

He will be ready technically. But it appears we have signed a player who is maybe quite slow or maybe quite one paced. As a result he is not been thrown in so far. 

If that is true then I’m worried as I al always concerned as to how much a player can get up to speed when he just does not have much dynamism about him. 

I am speculating of course. Let’s hope he comes good. 

Of course the scouting team, sporting director and the coaches would have never noticed this which is even more worrying.

21 hours ago, Jackhmfc1348 said:

I feel bad for nieuwenhof made his debut less than a month ago and is already being written off

Written off by Frankie McAvoy, or Steven Naismith or Gordon Forrest. The fans wanted Naisy as Hearts manager, the Teams No.1, the Teams Boss and there’s no reason why Naisy can’t pick the team, have the final say on players joining or leaving Hearts, issuing instructions from the dugout. Frankie boy seems to be very vocal on what goes on and seems to be quite a dominant person. I just worry about the control of the team  being one guys (Naisy) responsibility and not run by a 3 man committee.

I honestly don't think I've seen a player written off quicker than this guy! He's played a handful of minutes, granted he hasn't been a stand out but hasn't really put a foot wrong. The amount of posts I've seen saying he's not the answer etc. At least give the guy a chance to prove himself properly. Really hoping he turns out to be a great player for us. Surely can't be any worse than the options we have when he comes back from his injury

Jambof3tornado
7 minutes ago, Chimp said:

I honestly don't think I've seen a player written off quicker than this guy! He's played a handful of minutes, granted he hasn't been a stand out but hasn't really put a foot wrong. The amount of posts I've seen saying he's not the answer etc. At least give the guy a chance to prove himself properly. Really hoping he turns out to be a great player for us. Surely can't be any worse than the options we have when he comes back from his injury

Hopefully he wont be out long, the only way he wins fans over is on the pitch. 

3 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Hopefully he wont be out long, the only way he wins fans over is on the pitch. 

Absolutely. Just can't quite believe the speed in which he's been written off considering he was far from awful. Seems players get a less and less time to make an impression now. Feel like before you'd get a few months at least to settle, now it's 1 or 2 games.

Can’t write him off but we should have signed a midfielder who could have come in and been a starter. Would take pressure off him for a start. 

Think folk are just fed up of signing these project players, when we need people now. Our midfield is pretty brutal so it’s only natural that a new signing given the number 8 shirt is judged. 

Fozzyonthefence
2 minutes ago, HMFC86 said:

Can’t write him off but we should have signed a midfielder who could have come in and been a starter. Would take pressure off him for a start. 

Think folk are just fed up of signing these project players, when we need people now. Our midfield is pretty brutal so it’s only natural that a new signing given the number 8 shirt is judged. 

Pretty difficult to do that when you’re injured.

• davemclaren changed the title to Nieuwenhof ( merged )