Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• GinRummy

• The Black Prince

• Chimp

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Selkirkhmfc1874

Not being written off by me that's for sure ! Think he'll come good once settled and used to the frantic pace of scottish football 

Jackhmfc1348
1 minute ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Not being written off by me that's for sure ! Think he'll come good once settled and used to the frantic pace of scottish football 

Exactly it takes time I think the coaching staff could do a better job at slowly bringing him in. His stats in Australia were mental 

3 minutes ago, Jackhmfc1348 said:

I feel bad for nieuwenhof made his debut less than a month ago and is already being written off

..... by whom?

Jackhmfc1348
1 minute ago, Jim Panzee said:

..... by whom?

Seen a good few people saying he’s shite and we need midfielders. Why not give him more chances 

6 minutes ago, Jackhmfc1348 said:

I feel bad for nieuwenhof made his debut less than a month ago and is already being written off

I dont think this is true. 

jamboinglasgow
2 minutes ago, Jackhmfc1348 said:

Exactly it takes time I think the coaching staff could do a better job at slowly bringing him in. His stats in Australia were mental 

Naismith has already talked about he will need time to adapt, which I do think they are doing (they also said this about Vargas.)

To be fair, not seen anyone write him off. I think people are maybe underestimating the value he can bring to the team and the season.

7 minutes ago, Jackhmfc1348 said:

I can guess who have come to that conclusion. 

12 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

I dont get this idea that somehow Scottish fitba is uniquely frantically paced.

When we play in Europe all those teams play at even higher pace and tempo.

10 minutes ago, Jackhmfc1348 said:

Seen a good few people saying he’s shite and we need midfielders. Why not give him more chances 

Because he's not the ball wanting creative CM we need - nothing he has done has suggested he's that type of player.  That doesn't mean he's shite, he's just not the CM we need at the mo IMO.

Edited by briever

Jackhmfc1348

Apparently that’s our transfer window done (unless someone major leaves) so looks like nieuwenhof will be our only CM signing 

A_A wehatethehibs

Most saw CM as a vital starting 1st 11 signing. Not another project. Kio and Snodgrass both left, leaving us without any decent reliable fit partner for Devlin. Along with signing a CB it was a top priority right since start of this window.

Neuwenhof will get time and he will get the benefit of the doubt. But these European games were important to the fans, for us to play a European game with a LB blundering about alongside Cammy Devlin is actually a bit tragic tbh. It’s done cammy a disservice last night, because he is such an effective ball winner, loads of quality midfield playmakers would love to be playing alongside a grafter like that. Yet we have not been able to get anyone. So it’s not necessarily folk annoyed at Calem himself, it’s folk annoyed that he’s not the player we need.

24 minutes ago, Jackhmfc1348 said:

Name and shame so we can all point at them and call them names. 

kingantti1874

Being written off by a loud tiny minority. Huge correlation with the naisy haters and the budge out crew so he’s in great company.

How many times has he played Ffs. :lol: Folk writing players off? They should be on the scouting crew, their talents are clearly wasted on here.😏

11 minutes ago, Jackhmfc1348 said:

Apparently that’s our transfer window done (unless someone major leaves) so looks like nieuwenhof will be our only CM signing 

I don’t believe it is finished. I get Joe said it was but he’s just keeping things quiet. Grant will leave, Halliday will go on loan and we’ll bring in a player pushing to start. 

A_A wehatethehibs
4 minutes ago, Jackhmfc1348 said:

Yeah it definitely seems to be a priority to get players shifted more so than anything inbound, Grant in particular. I assume they need to free up his wage to get the budget to bring someone new in 

Dick Dastardly
2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

When we have Beni , Devlin, Haring and Calem to choose from we will be rock and roll imo 

*if

Jackhmfc1348
6 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I don’t believe it is finished. I get Joe said it was but he’s just keeping things quiet. Grant will leave, Halliday will go on loan and we’ll bring in a player pushing to start. 

Yea he is known to tell a few wee lies

Ricardo Quaresma

He'll be fine, we have players who can cover, but an EPL player loan would be super until January

Pity we moved Kio so quickly, he could have wound the lot of them up in greek :rofl:

weegie jambo

All this writing him off/not what we need it rubbish IMO. From everything I've read about him and his style and what I've watched on YouTube it seems he is just the type we are needing. Give him a break and get him in the team.

A_A wehatethehibs
1 minute ago, Sooks said:

I see no reason why we wont tbh 

Have Haring, Beni and Devlin ever been all 3 fit at the same time? 

Dick Dastardly
Just now, Sooks said:

I see no reason why we wont tbh 

I'm hoping we do but I'm just not so sure about Harings fitness anymore. I've a feeling he may struggle with injuries this season. Hopefully no concussion though. We've still to see what Beni is like when he comes back properly. His first game back was worrying. 

Just now, Dick Dastardly said:

I'm hoping we do but I'm just not so sure about Harings fitness anymore. I've a feeling he may struggle with injuries this season. Hopefully no concussion though. We've still to see what Beni is like when he comes back properly. His first game back was worrying. 

I mind when Beni came back from a few weeks or months out in his first season , and he took a few games to get up to speed . Its the same for all players tbh . I am not worried . My only worry is we only have him for the last part of the season before he moves on 😞

Haring I like and I accept his limitations but he is useful over a season 

When a manager is consciously choosing to play someone out of position ahead of you, it’s never a good sign. Grant was omitted from the entire squad and Hoff didn’t make the bench yet we play a left back in centre mid. 

Wrong decision for me but ultimately it tells you Naisy doesn’t think much of what he’s seen so far. 

4 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Have Haring, Beni and Devlin ever been all 3 fit at the same time? 

Yeah I’m the season before last but the important thing was that they were fit at different times to make sure we had two of the three most weeks . Same this season really , we need two of them and Denholm and Hoff to be available at any given week and we should be fine 

Don't think many have written him off, however it is frustrating that we are having to play a left back in centre mid, during an open window in which we have signed a CM. 

jamboinglasgow
15 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I think it can be that they are not needing to get anyone in but will have players they are keeping an eye on and if an opportunity arises (i.e. the players club is desperate to get rid at the end of the window at a cheaper price) they will move. As you say the focus will be moving players out and it may free up space for another player.

A_A wehatethehibs
1 minute ago, DS98 said:

When a manager is consciously choosing to play someone out of position ahead of you, it’s never a good sign. Grant was omitted from the entire squad and Hoff didn’t make the bench yet we play a left back in centre mid. 

Wrong decision for me but ultimately it tells you Naisy doesn’t think much of what he’s seen so far. 

Grant is in the Neilson “blank him till he leaves” zone clearly, I’m assuming they expect him to leave before the 2nd leg.

But as for Hof there was word he had a knock hence why not on the bench. Could be a fake rumour. 

1 minute ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I think it can be that they are not needing to get anyone in but will have players they are keeping an eye on and if an opportunity arises (i.e. the players club is desperate to get rid at the end of the window at a cheaper price) they will move. As you say the focus will be moving players out and it may free up space for another player.

That makes sense. 👍

20 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Being written off by a loud tiny minority. Huge correlation with the naisy haters and the budge out crew so he’s in great company.

Aye it's totally normal to have spent £1m on central midfielders over 12 months and then play a young left back there for our biggest game of the season...

I thought he played well against Thistle. A very neat and tidy midfielder.

Fair enough, we dominated the game completely and tougher opposition will test his abilities more but at least give him that chance.

He is just in the door, man.

I'm a bit passed this "let him settle in" nonsense. We're still waiting for Grant to settle in and Kio hadn't apparently settled in either. 

Good players can make an immediate impact (Djoum, Haring, Beni, even Devlin tbh). Based on what we've seen, I'm a little worried. He's looked very passive and not really a driving force in midfield. 

I know, I know, give him time etc. I'm just concerned that we've not saw any fleeting hint of talent yet. 

Hopefully after 10 games, we'll have a better idea. But yeah, little bit concerned. 

Just now, Mr Elwood P said:

Aye it's totally normal to have spent £1m on central midfielders over 12 months and then play a young left back there for our biggest game of the season...

It was a mistake. I can see why he’d want to have Kingsley and Cochrane in the same side but no excuses he ****ed up imo. Time will tell with Calem. It’s way too early to jump to conclusions. 

40 minutes ago, briever said:

I dont get this idea that somehow Scottish fitba is uniquely frantically paced.

When we play in Europe all those teams play at even higher pace and tempo.

A league is played during the Australian summer months where the temperatures dictate that the pace of the game there is considerably less frantic than the Scottish game. Calem will come good once he's adapted and we've not seen anywhere near enough of him for anyone to be writing him off.

Leveins Battalion

Some people will never accept the fact that we sign some amount of crap, people defended Oshaniwa and Kenny Anderson to the death.😂😂

I just hope we stop signing guys from Oz,I love Cammy Devlin but the rest of them could leave tommorrow and I wouldn't lose any sleep including the Hoff who I've seen twice now and was not impressed at all.

Hope the Hoff is fit and gets game time but he's not the central playmaker or attacking mid we've needed for few seasons. That lack of signing despite last few windows pisses me off with the club management

11 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

It was a mistake. I can see why he’d want to have Kingsley and Cochrane in the same side but no excuses he ****ed up imo. Time will tell with Calem. It’s way too early to jump to conclusions. 

Aye that and not playing any of the actual centre mids that Savage has brought in...

A_A wehatethehibs
2 minutes ago, Firefox said:

A league is played during the Australian summer months where the temperatures dictate that the pace of the game there is considerably less frantic than the Scottish game. Calem will come good once he's adapted and we've not seen anywhere near enough of him for anyone to be writing him off.

Apparently Rowles will come good once he’s adapted as well.

Fact is these guys are coming from a lower level of the sport so there are no guarantees, folk do have the right to be concerned about the Neuwenhof signing. A project is definitely not the answer we were hoping for, to what was a critical problem position last season with Snodgrass implosion and Kio flop 

12 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Some people will never accept the fact that we sign some amount of crap, people defended Oshaniwa and Kenny Anderson to the death.😂😂

I just hope we stop signing guys from Oz,I love Cammy Devlin but the rest of them could leave tommorrow and I wouldn't lose any sleep including the Hoff who I've seen twice now and was not impressed at all.

All the Aussies basic skills are pretty awful TBH - their first touch especially.

6 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Aye that and not playing any of the actual centre mids that Savage has brought in...

You can go through them all and some we know why they didn’t play and some we can maybe make educated guesses. 

Beni. Injured 

Haring injured 

Grant. Not really a centre mid like we need but looks like he might leave

Halliday. Not very good. 
Denholm. Too raw maybe? 
Nieuenhof. Don’t know. 

Not exactly spoiled for choice but Cochrane was a mistake. Hopefully another to come in and a couple to go. 

David McCaig

I'm pretty confident that Calem will start for the 2nd week in a row against Dundee.

He has started two competitive games so far for Hearts a 2-0 win against St Johnstone and a 4-0 win v Partick and whilst he hasn't pulled up any trees as yet, I'm struggling to see what he has done wrong.

He's a young lad who is doing just fine and just needs a bit more time to fully settle in.

1 hour ago, Jackhmfc1348 said:

He's surely just being taken out of the firing line rather than being written off? 

The performances so far haven't really warranted a start but he may yet come good when he gets up to speed. 

Edited by iainmac

• davemclaren changed the title to Nieuwenhof ( merged )