Nieuwenhof ( merged )

Jackhmfc1348

3 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

That’s no surprise, Hoff and Grant are ball players. 

But I agree with others that Devlin’s performance notably improved when the Hoff came on. 

What was pleasing is that he was quicker than I thought. He has a long stride so covers the ground, and he had a sprint with Duk at one point and didn’t really lose any ground

We have all been so negative about our midfield all season and I have maybe incorrectly written Beni off. If Calem can settle into the role it will be massive

for us.  

Noticed that myself. Duk had a few yards on him and managed to catch up. Surprisingly quick. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• GinRummy

• The Black Prince

• Chimp

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

All roads lead to Gorgie

He played well when he came on, added well to the momentum we were building at that point in the game. He looks an efficient type of player, not overly spectacular but someone who will keep the midfield ticking over nicely and controlling the tempo. 

I don't think he's very good at all, he was lucky at the second goal as his touch was bad but managed to get through the Aberdeen lad, I was expecting a lot more from him, maybe early days but the signs don't look good for me.

1 minute ago, Dalry said:

I don't think he's very good at all, he was lucky at the second goal as his touch was bad but managed to get through the Aberdeen lad, I was expecting a lot more from him, maybe early days but the signs don't look good for me.

Genuinely don't know how you can come to that conclusion at this early stage. 

His initial touch was fantastic but did mess up the second one. Stuck with it and got the break of the ball in the challenge. 

13 minutes ago, Dalry said:

Tenacious it’s called. 

16 minutes ago, Dalry said:

There is some pish spouted on here, congratulations for your input.

25 minutes ago, Dalry said:

I was laughing with my son, he should have hit it first time, then mis-controlled it, then mis-controlled it again - was gifted it back where he proceeded to hit it against an Aberdeen player - Jimmy Sandison was waxing lyrical about it and I was WTF.

He deserves plaudits for not giving in, but lets not get carried away.

To me he like all the Aussies, nae first touch  - but he's an upgrade on playing defenders there.

56 minutes ago, Jamdub said:

There is some pish spouted on here, congratulations for your input.

Dalry is absolutely spot on when he says Niewenhof’s first touch in the build up to the 2nd goal was so bad it took him past the defender😀

I thought he did well overall though. 

1 minute ago, PaddysBar said:

Dalry is absolutely spot on when he says Niewenhof’s first touch in the build up to the 2nd goal was so bad it took him past the defender😀

I thought he did well overall though. 

He meant that one. It was the second touch that was terrible. 

1 hour ago, Dalry said:

See, I don’t get this take at all.

He cruised it in the PT game. Very composed, did his job well.

He hasn’t featured since then because of a calf injury. He Came back yesterday and again, looked very composed.

You cite the wee break he got for the 2nd goal. He made a good run into the box, was tenacious and composed (again) after winning the ball back, dinking in a lovely wee ball, which ultimately led to the goal (great instinctive finish from Boyce).

You say you were expecting a lot more from him? In the handful of games he’s actually played, he’s looked good. 

As others have previously stated, he’s very highly thought of at the club and in training, he’s been very good.

And the signs absolutely do look good. He needs a run of games and build on his performance yesterday.

28 minutes ago, briever said:

He looks to have got even slower too.

This is it with good ball winners when they loose 1/2 yard they often start picking up cards regularly as strong tackles is there game and there timing starts letting them down.

36 minutes ago, briever said:

Thought Pete was off when I saw him lunging in, at the end of the 1st half 😳 He must have got a nick on the ball!

pettigrewsstylist
1 hour ago, Dalry said:

You are right ref touch and goal. Saw more drive from him yesterday tho than i have before. Not surprising tbh young and just here.

Lets see how he is doing around Dec.

joondalupjambo

60 minutes roughly at SJ, circa 20 yesterday and a game against a Championship side.  How anyone can judge him already is a strange one.  

1 hour ago, briever said:

His pace isn't so much of an issue as is his general unwillingness to pass the ball forward. 

Like obviously, its not great, but plenty of players can make a lack of pace work for them - look no further than Shankland. But the reluctance he has in finding forward passes is what drives me crazy. Against Motherwell is was like he was desperate to turn back on himself. 

Maybe its related though. Doesn't trust his pace so wants to make sure we're retaining possession. Hopefully something that gets worked on. Harings passing has never been a problem, but if it stays as negatively safe as it is, then it will become a pretty big one. 

27 minutes ago, joondalupjambo said:

60 minutes roughly at SJ, circa 20 yesterday and a game against a Championship side.  How anyone can judge him already is a strange one.  

100% give the lad time , thought he looked decent yesterday and wants to go forward 

54 minutes ago, joondalupjambo said:

and he has been decent in all of them. It’s really simple Idiots with an idiotic agenda. Most of whom have vanished in the space of 24hrs. Twats 

My half sister
3 hours ago, Dalry said:

What was your initial thoughts about Paul Hartley and Big Zal when they joined the club?

give the boy a feckin chance!

2 hours ago, MattyK82 said:

See, I don’t get this take at all.

He cruised it in the PT game. Very composed, did his job well.

He hasn’t featured since then because of a calf injury. He Came back yesterday and again, looked very composed.

You cite the wee break he got for the 2nd goal. He made a good run into the box, was tenacious and composed (again) after winning the ball back, dinking in a lovely wee ball, which ultimately led to the goal (great instinctive finish from Boyce).

You say you were expecting a lot more from him? In the handful of games he’s actually played, he’s looked good. 

As others have previously stated, he’s very highly thought of at the club and in training, he’s been very good.

And the signs absolutely do look good. He needs a run of games and build on his performance yesterday.

Anyone that's played football.as a centre mid  at a half decent level can see he's got ability.

As soon as he is in possession he has his head up looking for options. His first instinct is to get the ball forward.

He also looks brave and seems to have  a great work ethic.

If he stays injury free I have no doubt he'll be a great signing for us. He looks exactly the type of midfielder we have been crying out for recently. 

23 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Anyone that's played football.as a centre mid  at a half decent level can see he's got ability.

As soon as he is in possession he has his head up looking for options. His first instinct is to get the ball forward.

He also looks brave and seems to have  a great work ethic.

If he stays injury free I have no doubt he'll be a great signing for us. He looks exactly the type of midfielder we have been crying out for recently. 

yup. Honestly people writing him off need to be completely ignored.

They don’t like budge so they slag off everything and anything their tiny riddled minds can think off. Manager, sporting directors, stadium improvements, the ****ing tea on offer and the player.

That’s not to say that some things don’t deserve criticism but it’s very easy to spot the twats.  

he’s a good player.  As are other that have been targeted by the grade A weapons in our support 

3 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Gonna take some time to judge this fella 

Likewise. Sometimes you can instantly tell if a player is p1sh (see Frear, Roberts for example) and sometimes they instantly look the business. Neither applies here for me.

Niewenhoff has done ok, got massively lucky for our second goal but generally did ok and as expected will take a bit of time to get up to the speed of the game compared to what he was used to in Oz.

1 hour ago, My half sister said:

What was your initial thoughts about Paul Hartley and Big Zal when they joined the club?

give the boy a feckin chance!

So many trumpets in our support don’t give anyone a chance unfortunately! Have to play an absolute blinder on your debut or you’re f****d

2 minutes ago, Chimp said:

So many trumpets in our support don’t give anyone a chance unfortunately! Have to play an absolute blinder on your debut or you’re f****d

honestly, **** them.  Supporters my hole . Fannie’s 

Jambo in Bathgate
5 hours ago, hearts00 said:

Agree with some of this but the only reason that narrative is out there is because of the results. 

The problem was we didn’t play as instructed. As usual with both losses a team goes one up and park the bus. Individual errors cost us both goals and loss. Look at Rangers at Killi, Souttar makes a mistake and Killi score then shut up shop. Losses will happen. 

44 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

honestly, **** them.  Supporters my hole . Fannie’s 

👏 Spot on. We've brought in a few players from different parts of the world. Young lads that are just expected to hit the ground running, adapt straight away to a new culture, new team mates, a new style of football. Our supporters should actually think of these lads as human beings and give them the support they need to be successful! 

4 hours ago, indianajones said:

100% meant it. 

We’re obviously not going to agree on this one but that’s cool as it’s hardly a career defining moment.  I thought he played well when he came on so let’s hope he has a cracking career at Hearts 👍 

Early days but I thought he was good against Partick (okay easier opposition) and decent when he came on yesterday. Reminds me a bit of Neil MacFarlane for some reason, which isn't a bad thing.

14 minutes ago, augusthearts said:

Early days but I thought he was good against Partick (okay easier opposition) and decent when he came on yesterday. Reminds me a bit of Neil MacFarlane for some reason, which isn't a bad thing.

McFarlane shout is understandable. Let’s hope so👍

6 hours ago, briever said:

Haring should not start for Hearts. End of. Slower by the week. We all love big Pete but his time has come and gone. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Was always going to and will need time. Him and Cammy should work well together.

I hope we’re speaking to Cammy about a new contract. Would be ****ing stupid if we aren’t.

9 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Was always going to and will need time. Him and Cammy should work well together.

I hope we’re speaking to Cammy about a new contract. Would be ****ing stupid if we aren’t.

Really hope so! After Grant and Kio, I'm very paranoid about players not hitting the ground running. 

On Cammy, spot on. I really wish we'd started these conversations in the summer. I know there is an obvious "how do you know we didn't?" but generally Banderson gets some hints that contract discussions are under way. 

I have this feeling that Savage is trying to be cute and leave things late (based on rumours about him being a tough negotiator) and I don't think that is wise when we have players other teams would gladly take and if Cammy can add making passes under pressure to his game, with his work rate, he's going to be an extremely in demand player.  If I was a German team for example wanting to play a gegenpress, Cammy would be on my radar. Unreal workrate. 

Think we should gamble on Beni at the same time too. Even if that is just a years extension with an option to extend.

Edited by OTT

9 hours ago, hearts00 said:

Haring should not start for Hearts. End of. Slower by the week. We all love big Pete but his time has come and gone. 

Yep. Shame so many on here can't see that.

10 hours ago, hearts00 said:

Agree he was a walking red card on Saturday and on another day would have been off. Didn't look like he got any of the ball with the challenge on the edge of the penalty area on half time and then had another one early in the second half. The way Clancy was flashing the cards about he was very fortunate. 

So it's too early to say he's a bad player...but not too early to say he's a good player? Interesting.

For any of the players we signed from far afield in the summer it's still far, far too early to tell definitively in either direction imo. They all need time to settle and find their feet.

The Old Tolbooth
16 hours ago, joondalupjambo said:

Exactly! 

Imagine if we judged Hartley and Pressley as quickly as that ffs! 

23 hours ago, Dalry said:

160 minutes of football. 

16 hours ago, hearts00 said:

Fingers crossed, in a months time or so he’s 4th choice because Beni, Hoff & Devlin are all fully fit.  

• davemclaren changed the title to Nieuwenhof ( merged )