Nieuwenhof ( merged )

Jackhmfc1348

RustyRightPeg
11 hours ago, The Black Prince said:

If you look back over my summaries and recommendations from the A League, you could just relax and wait for the fruit to appear. Telt yez about Rowles. Telt yez about Natty (with reservations). Telt yez about Devlin (with reservations). Telt yez about the Hoff, with no reservations.

Also telt yez about Kuol - no idea what went wrong there but he will 100% become a class player. For someone... hopefully not my local club, where he started.

Thoughts on wee Nisbet from CCM?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• GinRummy

• The Black Prince

• Chimp

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Black Prince
59 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Thoughts on wee Nisbet from CCM?

Superb player (who Monty used to coach).

The shortest man ever to play A League - something like 5 foot two - but incredibly effective. His low centre of gravity and quick footspeed mean he's fantastic at holding the ball and very deft in his passing. Probably the best ball winner ever to play A League - people literally don't see him coming and he nips in from behind. Probably also the best broken play runner in the league right now - gets  a lot of assists.

Gone a teensy bit off the boil in his last couple of matches but that's coming off a really high and consistent base. There's been speculation he'll break into the NT and it might have gone to his head - pressure-wise.

Tough as teak also - as you'd expect. Can't survive at his height in professional football without being hard as nails.

We'd hate to lose him at CCM but he deserves his chance in Europe.

Edited by The Black Prince

RustyRightPeg
38 minutes ago, The Black Prince said:

Superb player (who Monty used to coach).

The shortest man ever to play A League - something like 5 foot two - but incredibly effective. His low centre of gravity and quick footspeed mean he's fantastic at holding the ball and very deft in his passing. Probably the best ball winner ever to play A League - people literally don't see him coming and he nips in from behind. Probably also the best broken play runner in the league right now - gets  a lot of assists.

Gone a teensy bit off the boil in his last couple of matches but that's coming off a really high and consistent base. There's been speculation he'll break into the NT and it might have gone to his head - pressure-wise.

Tough as teak also - as you'd expect. Can't survive at his height in professional football without being hard as nails.

We'd hate to lose him at CCM but he deserves his chance in Europe.

Just wondering if his size will put people off. Always been impressed by him whenever I’ve seen him, but the fact he’s still there when we’ve seen Rowles, Kuol, Silvera etc. move on suggests something isn’t quite right. 

10 hours ago, The Black Prince said:

Hibs won't be able to compete with Hearts on money though, but for Oz players - and I guess from plenty of other countries - the money's not as important as the shop window.

So Hibs still won't be able to compete with Hearts.

The Black Prince
1 hour ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Just wondering if his size will put people off. Always been impressed by him whenever I’ve seen him, but the fact he’s still there when we’ve seen Rowles, Kuol, Silvera etc. move on suggests something isn’t quite right. 

He's only 24. I think he's been (literally) overlooked his entire career due his height so it takes a bit longer for people to be impressed with him.

Very good player though. Fan favourite at CCM.

FarmerTweedy
23 hours ago, tian447 said:

I'm going to hold my hands up. 

My previous comments were comparing him to Kio, and saying that he would never score a goal for Hearts.  A waster, if you will. 

He's really put me to shame in the past few weeks. I was skeptical with his first few months, but he's doubled down and shown that he has got what it takes with recent performances.  He looks calm, composed, and reads the game well. 

I'm man enough to admit I got it wrong.  He looks like a real asset. 

Well done to you!  If I'm ever wrong about something*, I hope I'll be man enough to admit it too!  😃

* according to the wife, I'm wrong about almost everything, even when I'm repeating something she said herself only minutes earlier! 

scott herbertson
8 hours ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Well done to you!  If I'm ever wrong about something*, I hope I'll be man enough to admit it too!  😃

* according to the wife, I'm wrong about almost everything, even when I'm repeating something she said herself only minutes earlier! 

It's worrying that you seem surprised at that

It's one of the basic rules, along with 'Don't get me anything, I don't really care about birthdays/anniversaries/Valentine's Day/ Christmas' being only true if you DO get her something.....

Muppetboy

Not an ounce of big time Charlie in him either, seems humble and grounded.  Turns up to the match with Kenny in the front in his 57 plate silver Mercedes soft top, no big land rover defender for him! 

PapaShango
32 minutes ago, Muppetboy said:

Not an ounce of big time Charlie in him either, seems humble and grounded.  Turns up to the match with Kenny in the front in his 57 plate silver Mercedes soft top, no big land rover defender for him! 

He's shown flashes of quality all season IMO, but he is now turning up and impacting the games more and more. I think the Ross County game, Shankland went absolutely ballistic at him in the first half and I felt a bit sorry for him. However, he has improved ten fold and the goal against Dundee was probably the confidence builder to go on and prove a lot of people wrong. He's been terrific since then. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

He's shown flashes of quality all season IMO, but he is now turning up and impacting the games more and more. I think the Ross County game, Shankland went absolutely ballistic at him in the first half and I felt a bit sorry for him. However, he has improved ten fold and the goal against Dundee was probably the confidence builder to go on and prove a lot of people wrong. He's been terrific since then. 

The LC game at Kilmarnock showed what he could do. Thought week before he turned the game against Aberdeen too. Patience is a virtue, we have some very good players for next season having learned the game this season.