***Official Rosenborg v Heart of Midlothian Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

RBK_supporter

I don't know if you want Rosenborg supporters on your Forum. If you don't, just tell me and I will delete this entry and leave. Rosenborg used to be a good team, winning over teams like Ajax, Real Madrid and Dortmund. But the last years have been a steady decline into the misery we are in now. New coaches all the time, new players, injuries and all the money that we made in Europe has been wasted on God knows what (actually I don't even think God knows where all the money were wasted).

I thought I wanted to give you my honest opinion on the probable line-up in the upcoming match on Thursday. They will play 4-3-3. The previous coach who got sacked some weeks ago played 3-5-2, but why stick to a system that the lads have trained and played for a year when you can screw it up completely by changing it in the middle of the season (by the way - one season in Norway is spring + autumn since there is too much snow in the winter).

Goal keeper: Tangvik - young lad who has only played one game (the last one on Sunday), since Hansen (the actual goal keeper) has a finger injury. He has no experience at all on this level (corrected: He did play 90 minutes on Sunday). Is he good? Anyone's guess is as good as mine.

Right back: Cornic - he is very limited as a defender, but mirrors it by being just as bad in the offensive play. I think he plays because the actual right wing (Reitan - see below) is now playing middle defender. He certainly doesn't play because he is good.

Right middle defender: Reitan - out of position and plays here because the actual guy is injured. He makes a lot of mistakes all the time, but has been selected captain for some reason (??...) (please don't ask me why)

Left middle defender: Røsten - young guy without much experience (zero experience in Europe matches). Plays because the actual guy is injured (got injured on Sunday).

Left back: Pereira - offensive, he is a typical on/off football player - he is sometimes good, but sometimes bad. Has no clue in the defensive play - absolutely zero.

Hence our defensive 4-line is a complete disaster - if you honestly try to score on us - you will!!

Right midfield: Holse - he is a Danish guy who actually knows how to play football, but he has played out of position and been injured this year so he is far from what he used to be.

Center midfield: Børkeiet - he has been a HUGE disappointment since he came last year, but has actually played a little better after the new coach started, although that doesn't tell much I'm afraid...

Left midfield: Tagseth - a COMPLETE disaster - it is completely impossible to understand why he keeps getting appearances on the field. He is not capable of passing the ball 2 meters (nor 1 meter). Makes the most unbelievable cock-ups, but he runs a lot and works hard so maybe that's why he is there? I don't know.

Right wing: Fredriksen - new Danish guy that just arrived - he wasn't too bad in the mach on Sunday (his only appearance so far). Maybe he is good? I hope so, because we desperately needs someone who can play football on this team.

Striker: Torvaldsson - Icelandic big guy who is vaccinated against scoring goals (and this vaccine works!). He is a very limited football player, but he is big and heavy with a lot of muscles. Since he likes to use his muscles he gets a lot of yellow cards. The coach typically substitutes him after the first yellow card in order to avoid a red one a few minutes later.

Left wing: Nelson - Canadian guy who hasn't discovered that football is a team sport. He plays for himself and nobody else on the team understands what he is trying to do. He is very fast and likes to dribble, but not much comes out of it.

Substitutes: A gang of very young and inexperienced players and one guy who retired from Bundesliga a few years ago.

And that's it.

I will be extremely surprised if we win this one. I give Hearts 80% chance of winning, 18% chance for a draw and 2% chance for us.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DxB Hearts

• Cruyff

• OTT

• Hearts007

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

AEK Athens v Dinamo Zagreb postponed tonight in the Champions League qualifiers after someone was stabbed to death outside the stadium after fights between fans. 

If we get past Rosenborg, I wouldn't be in any rush to attend either of the away legs we could be given. 

Watt-Zeefuik
2 hours ago, David McCaig said:

Curious if that will be made available as part of Hearts TV international subscribers' base package or if we'll have to pay the PPV as well...

In Good omens on the river 2 pints and a 7 up £5 cheaper than 3 lions ,If you like rock music 🎶 really cool wee spot 

45 minutes ago, qferryjam said:

In Good omens on the river 2 pints and a 7 up £5 cheaper than 3 lions ,If you like rock music 🎶 really cool wee spot 

many hearts fans about?

3 hours ago, sprinbox98 said:

many hearts fans about?

Not many hearts fans, but plenty o' Hearts fans. 😉

And the rest o' us are OAN oor way ...

❤️❤️G❤️

6 hours ago, RBK_supporter said:

I don't know if you want Rosenborg supporters on your Forum. If you don't, just tell me and I will delete this entry and leave. Rosenborg used to be a good team, winning over teams like Ajax, Real Madrid and Dortmund. But the last years have been a steady decline into the misery we are in now. New coaches all the time, new players, injuries and all the money that we made in Europe has been wasted on God knows what (actually I don't even think God knows where all the money were wasted).

I thought I wanted to give you my honest opinion on the probable line-up in the upcoming match on Thursday. They will play 4-3-3. The previous coach who got sacked some weeks ago played 3-5-2, but why stick to a system that the lads have trained and played for a year when you can screw it up completely by changing it in the middle of the season (by the way - one season in Norway is spring + autumn since there is too much snow in the winter).

Goal keeper: Tangvik - young lad who has only played one game (the last one on Sunday), since Hansen (the actual goal keeper) has a finger injury. He has no experience at all on this level (corrected: He did play 90 minutes on Sunday). Is he good? Anyone's guess is as good as mine.

Right back: Cornic - he is very limited as a defender, but mirrors it by being just as bad in the offensive play. I think he plays because the actual right wing (Reitan - see below) is now playing middle defender. He certainly doesn't play because he is good.

Right middle defender: Reitan - out of position and plays here because the actual guy is injured. He makes a lot of mistakes all the time, but has been selected captain for some reason (??...) (please don't ask me why)

Left middle defender: Røsten - young guy without much experience (zero experience in Europe matches). Plays because the actual guy is injured (got injured on Sunday).

Left back: Pereira - offensive, he is a typical on/off football player - he is sometimes good, but sometimes bad. Has no clue in the defensive play - absolutely zero.

Hence our defensive 4-line is a complete disaster - if you honestly try to score on us - you will!!

Right midfield: Holse - he is a Danish guy who actually knows how to play football, but he has played out of position and been injured this year so he is far from what he used to be.

Center midfield: Børkeiet - he has been a HUGE disappointment since he came last year, but has actually played a little better after the new coach started, although that doesn't tell much I'm afraid...

Left midfield: Tagseth - a COMPLETE disaster - it is completely impossible to understand why he keeps getting appearances on the field. He is not capable of passing the ball 2 meters (nor 1 meter). Makes the most unbelievable cock-ups, but he runs a lot and works hard so maybe that's why he is there? I don't know.

Right wing: Fredriksen - new Danish guy that just arrived - he wasn't too bad in the mach on Sunday (his only appearance so far). Maybe he is good? I hope so, because we desperately needs someone who can play football on this team.

Striker: Torvaldsson - Icelandic big guy who is vaccinated against scoring goals (and this vaccine works!). He is a very limited football player, but he is big and heavy with a lot of muscles. Since he likes to use his muscles he gets a lot of yellow cards. The coach typically substitutes him after the first yellow card in order to avoid a red one a few minutes later.

Left wing: Nelson - Canadian guy who hasn't discovered that football is a team sport. He plays for himself and nobody else on the team understands what he is trying to do. He is very fast and likes to dribble, but not much comes out of it.

Substitutes: A gang of very young and inexperienced players and one guy who retired from Bundesliga a few years ago.

And that's it.

I will be extremely surprised if we win this one. I give Hearts 80% chance of winning, 18% chance for a draw and 2% chance for us.

Fear ye not. Both yourself and @Kjelloare more than welcome.

From your post above, I'm hoping that your Pereira isn't our erstwhile goalkeeper Joel Pereira trying to make it as a left-back.

Otherwise, you are totally stuffed. 😆

"Left back: Pereira - offensive, he is a typical on/off football player - he is sometimes good, but sometimes bad. Has no clue in the defensive play - absolutely zero."

Ricardo Quaresma
8 hours ago, Braminho said:

Iv put us on to win so you can expect either a draw or defeat 

Well, then, put a small wager on the other outcomes too, or face the guilt later

Smart GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

8 hours ago, RBK_supporter said:

And that's it.

Wow. I thought we tended to be harsh about our own team. Yikes!

gorgierulesapply88
32 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

Wow. I thought we tended to be harsh about our own team. Yikes!

I've spoken with 3-4 Norwegians who don't even watch their local football because the standard is 'shite'

9 hours ago, RBK_supporter said:

And that's it.

Thanks , feel a bit more confident after that 🇱🇻🤪🇱🇻

Sounds like dark days at Rosenborg

Hopefully you find some success after this tie is over

All the best 👍🇱🇻

10 hours ago, RBK_supporter said:

And that's it.

Firstly, you are more than welcome! We tend to make friends with most teams we play in Europe, aside from the lunatics.

Secondly, you'll probably fit in well around here with that brutal assessment of your team🤣

Appreciate the info, sounds like you guys are struggling a little bit and if we have a go we should beat you.

This is Hearts though and our European record has some pretty dire results in it so I wouldn't count you guys out quite yet! 

Edited by DxB Hearts

Go for it 1308
10 hours ago, RBK_supporter said:

And that's it.

Cheer up mate. You ever heard of a manager called 'Bob' ? He could do a job for you🙂

Slightly off topic. I thought uefa stated that any fixture changes would be announced by 6pm.last night. Given that in the event we and the wee team progress we are both drawn to play at home so one of the ties will be changed. Has anyone heard

11 hours ago, RBK_supporter said:

And that's it.

I think you are probably part of the management structure of the club sent on here to understate your own team and make us complacent. Bet all the players mentioned are actually top drawer and itching to showcase their talents in the latter stages of European competition. If not, welcome, and I hope our opinion of your team is the same as yours, after the tie is over 😂😂

17 hours ago, Led Tasso said:

Anyone in North America happen to know if Paramount+ will have it on streaming? They showed our group stages last season but their live streaming schedule is inscrutable the last time I checked.

No help to your answering your question, but I just love the usage of inscrutable 👌🏼

Lord Beni of Gorgie
13 hours ago, RBK_supporter said:

And that's it.

It will probably be closer than you think, we lack a bit of European experience, which may even things out quite a lot. We have some fast players this year, defensively we havent been very good lately, still some nerves there.

King of the North

And that's it.

You'll fit in well here. 

All our players are shite as well btw

And that's it.

One thing that might be in your favour RBK is that this is only our second competitive game. I’m hoping Hearts go for it though as your defence does seem to leak goals. 

Edited by Jibbers
RKB to RBK

David McCaig
14 hours ago, RBK_supporter said:

And that's it.

Sounds like a reverse hex to me... guaranteed 5-0 win to Rosenborg - lol

And that's it.

Torvaldsonn sounds like the kind of player we have struggled against. We have a new defender called Kent from lower league English football who seem better in the air and more of a traditional defender so that might help against your Icelandic forward. Our other defenders might be better technical footballers (maybe not) but I'd say they are less likely to enjoy a battle.

It's going to be an interesting game.

Hearts have had some brutal results in Europe over the last few years and the last decent run we had was probably around 2004 under Levein. I'm hoping we have learned some mistakes from last season but we are still very shaky defensively I feel.

Will be interesting how Naismith approaches the away leg, got the feeling we will try and contain for as long as possible and try and play on the counter. May work if we play Tagawa and Lowry to exploit any space with their pace. I'm hoping the tie is alive for next week (unless Hearts are 5 up)! 

Just now, PapaShango said:

Hearts have had some brutal results in Europe over the last few years and the last decent run we had was probably around 2004 under Levein. I'm hoping we have learned some mistakes from last season but we are still very shaky defensively I feel.

Will be interesting how Naismith approaches the away leg, got the feeling we will try and contain for as long as possible and try and play on the counter. May work if we play Tagawa and Lowry to exploit any space with their pace. I'm hoping the tie is alive for next week (unless Hearts are 5 up)! 

Are Tagawa and Lowry registered in time for Europe?

Different Class
2 minutes ago, bawheed said:

Could well be Hibs 

:lol: would almost respect the level of effort and attention to detail if that was the case

OmiyaHearts

I think Rosenborg being 18 games into their season is a big advantage for them and despite their poor form, could be a bit of a leveller.

We've not played enough games to know of we're on or off form. As much as I'd love a win, I think a draw would be a decent outcome.

Portable Badger

And that's it.

You're very welcome on the site my friend.  Indeed tomorrow there will be some of my ''Nok en Tronder'' friends in among the Hearts support for the game.

Big thanks on behalf of Thor Harald to those who have contacted with offers of tickets.  He is well made up and will be emailing you privately to try and meet up in The 3 Lions pre-match. Thanks to @Luckies1874, @Ramagio87@Wee Mikey for the tickets.  Ramagio - please email Thor Harald direct - if you are travelling alone then he'll be keen to meet up with you for beers and chum you to the match. Mikey I know Thor Harald is doing likewise.

@Heartbeat & @fabienleclerq - thanks for the offer of tickets but Thor Harald has enough now. Cheers

maltese jambo

And that's it.

Welcome, friend. Sorry to hear how your once mighty club has fallen. Thank you for the insight into your current team.

15 hours ago, RBK_supporter said:

And that's it.

Fantastic breakdown RB ! For me - Don't be a stranger Mate !

3 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

Any update re weather affecting trains at Oslo - hearing trains been cancelled etc 

All trains were cancelled from Oslo airport yesterday. Watching the news here last night, really bad flooding in central Norway. 

And that's it.

Would I be right in saying Rosenborg are the most successful team in Norway 🇳🇴  ?

And that's it.

Welcome mate 

You are already funnier and less of an arsehole than most on here 👊

9 minutes ago, Rudolf said:

All trains were cancelled from Oslo airport yesterday. Watching the news here last night, really bad flooding in central Norway. 

Cheers 

I hear trains are still cancelled? 

And that's it.

Thank you for that, and welcome!  

Most Hearts fans think we have the makings of a decent team, but have rarely proved it against difficult opposition over the past 4 or 5 seasons.  We won the first game of the season against a struggling St Johnstone team, otherwise the run up to our match with RBK would be far gloomier.  

Looking forward to the game :) 

grumpyespana

And that's it.

2 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

Cheers 

I hear trains are still cancelled? 

Yeah, I would think so. The flooding looked pretty bad. 

I'm really hoping its a good game, from what the RBK supporters have posted above, it doesn't sound like they're a team flying high with confidence, but will still be dangerous. 

grumpyespana

Firstly thanks for posting your always welcome if what you say is true lol Stevie if reading this will attack from the start and put you under pressure lol.

Have one word for any genuine Norwegians look in here. Birkirkara.

0 0 away from home and was like yass we will do them at tynie . 2 nil down and watching The fish on his own up front i was like crap 😳 So never take anything for granted when comes to hearts. Robbie had a lot to answer for that shit show. Fortunately Naisy will go for it at home and we will get through.

Portable Badger

Asked my man in Trondheim to have a quick look into the train situation.  Here's his text to me:

Yes its busses from AirPort to Oslo, but i dont think the trains from Oslo to Trondheim has started to go yet after the flooding.  I was just checking, and it looks like all the trains are not going or full booket. I also checked flights, but all was sold out. Even car i dont think is possible😥

And that's it.

:welcome: I'm sure you're fine here 👍

Mr Elwood P

And that's it.

You're already one of the best posters on our forum! Welcome.

BackOfTheNet

The fact they’ve not flown out yet has given me the fear. I really think at least two full days in the area you’re going to play is necessary for European games. Flying does things to the body and any new country needs a level of assimilation. Hope the fears are misplaced.

2 hours ago, briever said:

Are Tagawa and Lowry registered in time for Europe?

There’s a potential visa issue with Tagawa. Unlikely he’ll travel 

2 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

The fact they’ve not flown out yet has given me the fear. I really think at least two full days in the area you’re going to play is necessary for European games. Flying does things to the body and any new country needs a level of assimilation. Hope the fears are misplaced.

Training session this morning, direct flight which will be about 2 hours, hotel and chill tonight.

Can't see that being any different to playing the likes of Ross Country.