B Team 2023/24

Footballfirst

augusthearts

Question for B team regulars. I no longer live in Edinburgh or indeed Scotland sadly, but wondering how watching the B team works. Come back to Edinburgh sporadically and always try to ensure when I'm up I see Heart's. Leen on watching the B team as well where possible. So my question is how does it work? Worked out it is at Ainslie Park for home matches, but do you need tickets? Do they cost? Where do you get the tickets from?

Cheers for any help.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Footballfirst

• Chuck Berry

• Prehen

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jambo senior
1 minute ago, augusthearts said:

Question for B team regulars. I no longer live in Edinburgh or indeed Scotland sadly, but wondering how watching the B team works. Come back to Edinburgh sporadically and always try to ensure when I'm up I see Heart's. Leen on watching the B team as well where possible. So my question is how does it work? Worked out it is at Ainslie Park for home matches, but do you need tickets? Do they cost? Where do you get the tickets from?

Cheers for any help.

£5 on the gate no need for tickets 

Mikey1874
4 minutes ago, augusthearts said:

Cheers for any help.

Remaining 4 games 

20240320_213753.jpg

20240320_213824.jpg

augusthearts
29 minutes ago, Jambo senior said:

£5 on the gate no need for tickets 

Cheers; knew this was the place to ask. Very helpful.

augusthearts
24 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Remaining 4 games 

20240320_213753.jpg

20240320_213824.jpg

Thanks a lot; in town for home game Vs East Stirling, so will go to that.

Game away to Celtic last of the season now 19th April 745pm KO.

always enjoyable going to various away grounds in the LL and seeing former league clubs, or big junior clubs like Linlithgow and how rattled 16-19 year old lads from Hearts get them. 
a particular cracker from Rose was … “away back to the big city ya *child born out of wedlock* “ (I’ll let you all fill in the actual word used) 

that said was also the most expensive I’ve had for entry. £10 and then £1.50 for the stand (though think that may have been bumped up by the two u10’s I had with me . 

as a couple of others have said the progress in the B team from last year is night and day and it’s a pleasure watching their development. As well as it usually being £5 home game )and a few away) 

really like Forrester, Sandilands and Rathie. Can see big futures for the 3 of them. 

On the topic of Lowland league, I must be in the very small minority hoping Edinburgh Uni somehow manage to overtake Gretna and stay up this year. I believe they actually play each other on the final day, so a fairly massive one with Gretna on 8 points and Uni on 6, goal differences if -84 and -86, but Edin Uni is 5 mins up the road, and has a smashing wee tea too and nice band of volunteers .

Mikey1874

Scotland lost second U19 qualifier to Georgia 3-2. Czechia play Italy this afternoon. Scotland bottom of group with all other teams winning 1 game so far.

As below Macaulay Tait started. Don't know about subs. Game wasn't on anywhere.

20240323_123559.jpg

AppleTarts
2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Scotland lost second U19 qualifier to Georgia 3-2. Czechia play Italy this afternoon. Scotland bottom of group with all other teams winning 1 game so far.

As below Macaulay Tait started. Don't know about subs. Game wasn't on anywhere.

20240323_123559.jpg

Tait played the whole game, McLuckie on after 62mins.

Cameronstheman

I like doing goals in a game and dont care who's playing as sometimes you get very  lucky, been doing this for a long time. The prices have been slashed over the yrs , especially in lower leagues 

Anyway I done Hearts B to Win  3-2  Draw 2-2 and Lose 3-2  Think the bookies have ****ed up as the prices are 33/1 33/1 and 66/1 respectively , never ever seen in my puff, unless its HT score , checked and checked again on Bet 365 and it seems Gen, saying that im good at messing bets up

Fingers crossed its 2-2 then 3-2 Hearts 

Edited by Cameronstheman

Footballfirst

Hearts well on top, but the game has been scrappy. Gretna doing their best to waste time at every opportunity. Hearts getting caught offside and giving away needless free kicks too often.

Gretna's high line means the game is frequently being played in a 30 yard area from back to front. It's calling out for balls over the top and runs in behind, but it's just not happening this far.

Footballfirst

I'm afraid that there was no improvement in the 2nd half. Lacked intensity, tempo and quality in the forward areas.

Generally an end of season feel to the game.

Gretna will be saving themselves for a last hurrah, at home to Edinburgh University on the last day of the season. 

Footballfirst

McLuckie starting today for the U19s v Czechia. Tait on the bench.

1. Woody Williamson (GK) 2. Rory Whittaker 5. Charlie McArthur 7. Bobby Wales 9. Rory Wilson  11. Daniel Kelly 13. Leyton Grant 14. Murray Campbell 15. Jacob Macintyre 19. Rudi Allan-Molotnikov 20. Bobby McLuckie  Substitutes 12. RORY MAHADY (GK), 3. MAGNUS MACKENZIE, 4. LOUIS JACKSON, 6. BAILEY RICE, 10. DAVID WATSON, 18. MACAULAY TAIT,  16. ALFIE BAVIDGE, 17. RYAN ONÉ

RustyRightPeg
37 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

McLuckie starting today for the U19s v Czechia. Tait on the bench.

1. Woody Williamson (GK) 2. Rory Whittaker 5. Charlie McArthur 7. Bobby Wales 9. Rory Wilson  11. Daniel Kelly 13. Leyton Grant 14. Murray Campbell 15. Jacob Macintyre 19. Rudi Allan-Molotnikov 20. Bobby McLuckie  Substitutes 12. RORY MAHADY (GK), 3. MAGNUS MACKENZIE, 4. LOUIS JACKSON, 6. BAILEY RICE, 10. DAVID WATSON, 18. MACAULAY TAIT,  16. ALFIE BAVIDGE, 17. RYAN ONÉ

Interested to track McArthur's progression. Newcastle took him from Killie for cheap. Seems to be a really good player. 

Niemi’s gloves
2 hours ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Interested to track McArthur's progression. Newcastle took him from Killie for cheap. Seems to be a really good player. 

McArthur sent off late on for a second yellow as Scotland lost 2-0 for a third successive defeat.

Of the Hearts duo, McLuckie started but subbed at half time. Tait came on after 79 minutes. 

RustyRightPeg
10 minutes ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

McArthur sent off late on for a second yellow as Scotland lost 2-0 for a third successive defeat.

Of the Hearts duo, McLuckie started but subbed at half time. Tait came on after 79 minutes. 

Perfect 😂

Mikey1874

Re the U19s group in the second round of qualifying, you have to win the group to qualify for the finals. Italy the holders won the group with 3 wins. 

Great to see Macauley get mins in all three matches. Although must have been a hard pill to swallow as Leyton Grant started in midfield, when he plays CB for Rangers u18. Not fit to lace Tait’s boots.

Footballfirst
Posted (edited)

Re this afternoon's U18 game away to Dundee United, game abandoned with Hearts losing 7-2 at the time 😒.

Let's hope the United player makes a full recovery 🤞

Edited by Footballfirst

Mikey1874
On 23/03/2024 at 14:30, Rick Sanchez said:

Pollock got another injury? 

Naismith mentioned him yesterday when talking about injuries saying he's been in and out of training. 

Chuck Berry
On 26/03/2024 at 18:44, Prehen said:

Great to see Macauley get mins in all three matches. Although must have been a hard pill to swallow as Leyton Grant started in midfield, when he plays CB for Rangers u18. Not fit to lace Tait’s boots.

Billy Stark  :vrface:

Mikey1874
On 29/03/2024 at 17:01, Footballfirst said:

Re this afternoon's U18 game away to Dundee United, game abandoned with Hearts losing 7-2 at the time 😒.

Doing okay

Burghlass
On 20/03/2024 at 21:38, Mikey1874 said:

Remaining 4 games 

20240320_213753.jpg

20240320_213824.jpg

Thinking of taking the kids this Friday; if it's wet is there a covered area we can head for? 

AppleTarts
53 minutes ago, Burghlass said:

Thinking of taking the kids this Friday; if it's wet is there a covered area we can head for? 

Covered stand on the right as you enter, can hold a few hundred so will be plenty of space.

RustyRightPeg
On 29/03/2024 at 17:01, Footballfirst said:

Bad tackle? 7-2 down or am I reading too much into it?

Footballfirst
1 hour ago, RustyRightPeg said:

No idea. Haven't seen any reports of anything malicious.

Chuck Berry
On 30/03/2024 at 22:39, Chuck Berry said:

Billy Stark  :vrface:

......has retired.

Wonder if Liam Fox has caught the SFA's attention.

Niemi’s gloves
2 hours ago, Chuck Berry said:

......has retired.

Wonder if Liam Fox has caught the SFA's attention.

Edinburgh man, no OF connections. Sorry Mr Fox, you haven’t made the shortlist but we’ll keep your cv in SFA file 13. 

Footballfirst

I watched a hybrid Hearts U18s/17s/16s/15s redeem themselves this afternoon, following last week's 7-2 reverse, with a 7-1 win in a friendly over an English academy side made up of players who are seeking a second chance after not making the grade at one of the pro academies.  Hearts also fielded 3 trialists and 2 distinct XIs over the 90 mins.

The scorers were Hogarth (2, 1 pen), Plesiewicz, Trialist (pen), Robb, Banks and Hutchison. 

RustyRightPeg
4 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I watched a hybrid Hearts U18s/17s/16s/15s redeem themselves this afternoon, following last week's 7-2 reverse, with a 7-1 win in a friendly over an English academy side made up of players who are seeking a second chance after not making the grade at one of the pro academies.  Hearts also fielded 3 trialists and 2 distinct XIs over the 90 mins.

The scorers were Hogarth (2, 1 pen), Plesiewicz, Trialist (pen), Robb, Banks and Hutchison. 

What's Hogarth like? Hearing good things. I played with his old man. 

Footballfirst
Just now, RustyRightPeg said:

What's Hogarth like? Hearing good things. I played with his old man. 

He looked quite bright today, always looking to get involved. It's the best I've seen him play since coming back from injury. However, he only played the first half.  He apparently scored both Hearts goals in Friday's game against Dundee Utd. 

Mikey1874
On 02/04/2024 at 10:34, RustyRightPeg said:

Full story of the incident here. Just landed badly with no one around him.

Footballfirst
1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Full story of the incident here. Just landed badly with no one around him.

It sounds like a similar injury to what Liam Walker (Hearts U15s) suffered a few weeks ago.

Chuck Berry

38 year old Morgaro Gomis in the East Stirlingshire squad for tomorrow nights match.

Footballfirst

38 year old Morgaro Gomis in the East Stirlingshire squad for tomorrow nights match.

Callum Tapping should be in it too.

Mikey1874

Yip, he'll be playing tonight as well.

East Stirlingshire haven't bothered posting a team.

McFarlane clears his lines but hits it off Forrester.   Luckily it went up in the air and not straight in the goal. 

0-0.

Hearts delivery excellent in through balls and crossing at the moment.   Could be on 3/4-0.   Still  1-0.