B Team 2023/24

Footballfirst

Very good performance from the young Jambos!!! Full energy and enthusiasm from the 1st minute to the last!! I heard  this said last night and it rings very true! This young Hearts team have in the last two games made 2 very good teams (Tranent & East Kilbride) look extremely average!!., Everyone played their part!! Finlay Pollock so sharp and lightning quick!! James Wilson full of running and refused to be bullied by the EK defense!!!👏👏 well played young team 

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Footballfirst

• Chuck Berry

• Niemi’s gloves

Terrific all round performance by everyone. To single out anyone would be unfair, but Pollock again was class. The only thing that boy did wrong tonight was his knee slide for Sandilands second goal. What was he thinking. Made me laugh.

Chuck Berry
10 hours ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

Wasn’t Friel an unused sub tonight? Certainly listed on Twitter as a sub, and also in the match report on the Hearts web site. 

Ah, I missed the team board.

Chuck Berry

I wonder if there's a recall option. Better playing in the B team and training with the first team than warming Hamilton's bench.

Footballfirst
10 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

I wonder if there's a recall option. Better playing in the B team and training with the first team than warming Hamilton's bench.

There is no point in brining him back unless he has a future with Hearts 1st team. He will be overage for the B Team next season.

Chuck Berry
1 minute ago, Footballfirst said:

There is no point in brining him back unless he has a future with Hearts 1st team. He will be overage for the B Team next season.

It's better to bring him back and play games, then look for a better club to loan to next season.   Training at Hamilton won't develop him.

Footballfirst
2 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

It's better to bring him back and play games, then look for a better club to loan to next season.   Training at Hamilton won't develop him.

He will be 20 on Monday. If he can't get game time for a League 1 side, then I don't hold out much hope for his future.

Chuck Berry
19 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

He will be 20 on Monday. If he can't get game time for a League 1 side, then I don't hold out much hope for his future.

A tad harsh. 30 goals in 25 games this season says he is a good prospect, benchwarming at Hamilton doesn't change that. He needs a chance but he's not getting it.

Mikey1874
1 hour ago, Chuck Berry said:

Can't bring him back till June

pettigrewsstylist
On 24/02/2024 at 08:49, Jonbo said:

Very good performance from the young Jambos!!! Full energy and enthusiasm from the 1st minute to the last!! I heard  this said last night and it rings very true! This young Hearts team have in the last two games made 2 very good teams (Tranent & East Kilbride) look extremely average!!., Everyone played their part!! Finlay Pollock so sharp and lightning quick!! James Wilson full of running and refused to be bullied by the EK defense!!!👏👏 well played young team 

Yeah, these 2 results coming back to back are a real benchmark of progress in a "mans" league.

Footballfirst

Best wishes to Liam Walker, Hearts 2009's left winger who suffered a bad injury this afternoon playing with the U16s. Game was abandoned awaiting the arrival of an ambulance.

Footballfirst
53 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

I thought Sandilands' first goal was offside at the time, but I can now see that it was the defender challenging Pollock who played the ball before Sandilands flicked it past the keeper.

Gorgierools
39 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Best wishes to Liam Walker, Hearts 2009's left winger who suffered a bad injury this afternoon playing with the U16s. Game was abandoned awaiting the arrival of an ambulance.

Hope the kids ok.

John Findlay
52 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Hope the laddie can make a recovery from this. Haste ye back Liam Walker.

Chuck Berry
1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

Not good news, best wishes to the kid.

Chuck Berry

Hearts B & Academy

@WeeJambos

Hearts B's fixture against @BroomhillFC, which was originally due to take place on Sunday, 3rd March, will now take place on Tuesday, 12th March with a 7:45pm KO.

TyphoonJambo

Any news on how Liam Walker is doing?

Footballfirst
1 hour ago, TyphoonJambo said:

Any news on how Liam Walker is doing?

I've asked an academy parent to let me know of any updates.

Let's say it was a bad one.  The physio took one look and asked that an ambulance be called. I heard a player say that his ankle had "popped out". Whether that was the result of a break, dislocation, or both, I don't know.  The injury came from a fairly innocuous foul as Liam just beat the defender to the ball as a corner was cleared to the edge of the box. 

It's come at a bad time for Liam as he was having a good season and had been included in recent Scotland U15 squads in preparation for next season's Victory Shield. 

Mikey1874

Hamilton must be happy drawing 0-0 away to Stirling. Or they don't rate MacKenzie Kirk. Unused sub again. 

Prince Buaben
1 hour ago, Chuck Berry said:

Hamilton draw a blank tonight, but Kirk just warms the bench again.

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Hamilton must be happy drawing 0-0 away to Stirling. Or they don't rate MacKenzie Kirk. Unused sub again. 

Was coming on to say the same. What's the point in him being there?

Not getting minutes on the park? 

Not challenging himself as isn't getting on?

Be as well finishing the Lowland League Season and getting a better suited loan in the summer.

Chuck Berry
1 minute ago, Prince Buaben said:

Was coming on to say the same. What's the point in him being there?

Not getting minutes on the park? 

Not challenging himself as isn't getting on?

Be as well finishing the Lowland League Season and getting a better suited loan in the summer.

Yip turns out it was a poor move for him, but apparently he can't be recalled so he's stuck in limbo until seasons end.

Sleepy head

Next time Hamilton come looking for a loan, just say NAW!

colinmaroon

Naismith said his problem was that he put no effort in outfield and maybe same at Hamilton?

Just a poacher? Would it work against organised defences? 

Opinions?

RustyRightPeg
5 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Naismith said his problem was that he put no effort in outfield and maybe same at Hamilton?

Opinions?

Could be the reality check he needs.

On 25/02/2024 at 17:59, Mikey1874 said:

20240225_175820.jpg

So our 1st and our B teams are both 3rd, on 51 points, from 27 games?  Fair enough!

RustyRightPeg
On 25/02/2024 at 17:59, Mikey1874 said:

20240225_175820.jpg

Look at Albion, East Stirling Cowden and Berwick. Mental. They lingered in the leagues for years like a bad smell. Thank god for the pyramid. 

Chuck Berry
11 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Opinions?

Naismith didn't say that, and he is more than a poacher.

Prince Buaben
53 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Opinions?

Where did he say that?

I've never heard that from him and from what I've seen he does more than "poach

Surley Rankin would know the pkayer he was "getting" especially with his Hearts Youth connections.

Edited by Prince Buaben

Mikey1874

From Hearts Standard interview with Naismith 6 January before he went on loan.

Mak Kirk's strongest attribute is finishing, arguably the top, as good as anyone we have got at this club," Naismith revealed. "Top, top. But the other aspects of his game he needs to work on, he's such a good character that he learns. If anything he works too hard, running everywhere and the ball comes in the box and he's not there or the link up is not there because he is doing somebody else's job.

"For the last year that's the biggest thing I've tried to turn with him when I've been working with him. But his season so far has been really good, improving in all the areas. When he's around with the first team he's had a few sessions where we are like 'that part needs to be better' then he gets it. For instance he was in our training group yesterday (Thursday) and does really well so it's about keeping him on that upward trajectory."

Naismith has a strong desire to improve the pathway between the academy and first-team. He believes the club are making progress in that area but he's wary of putting a player in too soon and the detrimentel impact it could have.

The ultimate goal is that he needs to be in the first team," Naismith said of Kirk. "He might go and break records in the B team league but that's irrelevant really because he needs to progress and we need to test him to see exactly where he is.

"Like I've said before I am not going to fling any young kid in just to show we are throwing him in. It can kill a young player as much as it can help them but we want to get as many young players through as we can. A lot of work we've done in the background with the B team, with the boys going on loan, how their working week works in terms of getting around the first-team is as good as it's been since I've been at the club.

"It's just that last bit that everybody sees is on the pitch and getting him there. I think we are in a good place and have some good prospects coming through so we will see in the next year or two and we can hopefully get a few of them in the first team."

Naismith admitted there will be thought put into Kirk's short-term future in January. Consideration over where his development is best suited, whether it be with the B team, as part of the first-team or a possible loan move. 

"In terms of January we will wait and see because the question will be will he get much else from the next six months in the B [team]. If there is an offer and somebody wants to take him higher up, do we challenge him there?"

RustyRightPeg
5 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

Opinions?

Also, my opinion is that you just made this up.

Footballfirst
1 hour ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Also, my opinion is that you just made this up.

My opinion was also that he didn't work hard enough last season, but improved that aspect of his game markedly this season. I think that change has helped his goal tally this season.

Footballfirst

A strong Hearts U18 side beat Hibs 2-1 tonight at East Mains.

Bobby McLuckie scored both Hearts goals and was the best player on the park by a distance.

scottg71
5 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

A strong Hearts U18 side beat Hibs 2-1 tonight at East Mains.

Bobby McLuckie scored both Hearts goals and was the best player on the park by a distance.

Friel and him both been down at Man U last week. Would we be due compensation if they leave? 

Footballfirst
4 minutes ago, scottg71 said:

Friel and him both been down at Man U last week. Would we be due compensation if they leave? 

Yes we would be due compensation, although I don't know how much.

Friel went off injured tonight so could be unavailable for a little while.  Captain Matty Gillies also went off injured early on. He is another who has had his injury problems of late. James Wilson was also subbed at HT, having had a quiet game.

jamboinglasgow
41 minutes ago, scottg71 said:

Bit puzzled by McLuckie as he has a contract till 2026, 

English clubs must love how they can cherry pick so easily from Scotland so cheaply. 

Jamb04life

Is McLuckie a left footer who can play most positions on the left side? He always seems to be a top performer for the B team so surprised he hasn’t had a chance in first team along with Tait and Wilson etc?

Footballfirst
51 minutes ago, Jamb04life said:

Is McLuckie a left footer who can play most positions on the left side? He always seems to be a top performer for the B team so surprised he hasn’t had a chance in first team along with Tait and Wilson etc?

He is left footed and plays almost exclusively as a winger, as opposed to a wing back.

He is quick, but not express pace, i.e. if he gets past you then he's quick enough that you won't get back to him.  He gave Hibs full back Rory Whittaker a hard time this evening.

There is no reason why he shouldn't get a chance before the end of the season, particularly if 3rd place can be wrapped up quickly.

Jamb04life
7 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

He is left footed and plays almost exclusively as a winger, as opposed to a wing back.

He is quick, but not express pace, i.e. if he gets past you then he's quick enough that you won't get back to him.  He gave Hibs full back Rory Whittaker a hard time this evening.

There is no reason why he shouldn't get a chance before the end of the season, particularly if 3rd place can be wrapped up quickly.

Ideal, thanks for the insight 👍🏼

Mikey1874

Weekly MacKenzie Kirk check.

On as sub after 70 minutes with Hamilton 5-0 up away v Kelty Hearts. 

Footballfirst

Scouts out in force this afternoon at Hearts U15 game. 🫣

Representatives from Arsenal, Manchester City, Brighton, Chelsea, Wolves, Nottingham Forest, Leeds and Rangers all present.

Gorgierools
21 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Representatives from Arsenal, Manchester City, Brighton, Chelsea, Wolves, Nottingham Forest, Leeds and Rangers all present.

Tell them all Tae gtf

Jambo senior
21 hours ago, scottg71 said:

No they weren’t.     

2 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

What was the score? Normally a good game between these 2 sides. Anyone impress? Any word on the lad who got injured last week?

Footballfirst
Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, FIGJAM said:

What was the score? Normally a good game between these 2 sides. Anyone impress? Any word on the lad who got injured last week?

Lost 2-3 to Aberdeen after being 2-0 up (Gray, Kellock) and cruising at half time. On good chances they should have been about 6-2 up.

Aberdeen got back into it with a worldie strike into the top corner from 30 yards, then Hearts conceded from two poorly defended set pieces, the first a free kick that was "passed" into the box and found its way into the corner of the net, then failed to clear a corner at 1st, 2nd and 3rd balls for the winner.

Hearts were without four of their highest rated players at that age group, either playing up or injured. (Hutchison, Mathie, Walker, Dow). They also started two U14s and had another on the bench. That combination meant that they had some unusual positional changes.  Generally played well going forward, but looked suspect to the odd bombscare moment at the back.

Liam Walker suffered a broken ankle last weekend (a double break according to one source). He's had an operation on it and is recovering at home.  I don't know the likely recovery period though. 

Edited by Footballfirst

Smithian
On 02/03/2024 at 11:34, Mikey1874 said:

Weekly MacKenzie Kirk check.

On as sub after 70 minutes with Hamilton 5-0 up away v Kelty Hearts. 

Tough for Kirk. Still time for this experience to improve, but not ideal. I wonder if Hearts expected him to be playing more or if they looked at this as a way for him to push himself as part of a first team setup.