• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Footballfirst

• Chuck Berry

• Niemi’s gloves

Mikey1874

There's a decent Bo'ness support but the Hearts fans enjoyed these 3 goals. 

Mikey1874

4-1 Wilson.

Ball played through middle. Defender and keeper fought off and finished. 

Using the wind advantage very well.

Edited by Mikey1874

Mikey1874

4-2

Fair play. Nice football and good finish.

Then nearly 4-3 though might have been offside. 

Edited by Mikey1874

8 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Pollock to get minutes tomorrow I suspect. 

Is he not injured 🤷‍♂️

jamboinglasgow

I make that 11 goals in his last 10 games (though he did not score in 4 of those games.) Certainly is developing in the B team, wonder if we could see him on the bench tomorrow as Naismith has done that few times after he played the day before.

Edited by jamboinglasgow

jamboinglasgow
Just now, livi said:

Is he not injured 🤷‍♂️

Naismith today said he has had a full week's training.

Mikey1874

Full time 4-2.

Hearts fought hard but showed good composure to score 3 goals in 6 minutes at start of second half.

Very good win. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Men’s first team for the Jambo hat trick tomorrow 

Off to Hampden Park with a thumping victory 

Gorgierools

Tremendous season this year. Maybe parade the young team at Tynie soon.

And,big well done to Liam Fox.

Edited by Gorgierools

Daveandal

The B Team deserve so much credit. I hope we get to continue to play in the Lowland League. Its been brilliant for us.

Footballfirst

All Hearts need now is to beat Celtic B and EK to lose all their remaining games and Hearts would finish top of the table. 🤞😂 

Footballfirst
6 minutes ago, Daveandal said:

The B Team deserve so much credit. I hope we get to continue to play in the Lowland League. Its been brilliant for us.

They will be playing in the LL for at least the next two seasons with an option for a third.

Daveandal
Just now, Footballfirst said:

They will be playing in the LL for at least the next two seasons with an option for a third.

Is that the same for Celtic?

Is there any scope if others want to submit teams or if Rangers put the toys back in the pram? Or is it 2 more years as is? I.e. Hearts and Celtic B?

soonbe110
30 minutes ago, livi said:

Is he not injured 🤷‍♂️

Full weeks training according to Naismith

Footballfirst

Certainly a game of two halves tonight.  Bo'ness dominated the first as Hearts seemed very nervous playing the ball out against their press, although the wind was also a factor.  Ex Hearts youngster Ryan Stevenson scoored a peach of a free kick shortly before the break.

Hearts came out in the second half with a different mindset and approach, pressing and driving forward with pace. They could have scored about five in the first 15 minutes, but had to settle for three although the fourth came along soon after. None of the goals were collectors items, but all were down to perseverance and opportunism.  Thereafter they managed the game pretty well although Bo'ness did get one back late in the game.

soonbe110
30 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I make that 11 goals in his last 10 games (though he did not score in 4 of those games.) Certainly is developing in the B team, wonder if we could see him on the bench tomorrow as Naismith has done that few times after he played the day before.

Yep, was surprised to see him involved last weekend. 

Footballfirst
6 minutes ago, Daveandal said:

Is that the same for Celtic?

Is there any scope if others want to submit teams or if Rangers put the toys back in the pram? Or is it 2 more years as is? I.e. Hearts and Celtic B?

I don't know if Rangers will seek to re-join the league, although the invitation was there when the extension was agreed for all three B teams.

Mikey1874

Of course what we also did tonight is give the Lowland League and the SPFL Play Off to East Kilbride. 

section s heart

There was talk of the SPFL imposing new ground standards if teams from the HL and LL were to be eligible to come through the pyramid to the SPFL. 

Maybe Football First can update in who has met the standards.

Niemi’s gloves

Entertaining second half after struggling in the first. I thought Liam McFarlane  looked very solid in goal in that first half in difficult conditions - he strikes me as one who has improved a lot over the season as have young Wilson and Stevenson. 

Footballfirst
2 minutes ago, section s heart said:

There was talk of the SPFL imposing new ground standards if teams from the HL and LL were to be eligible to come through the pyramid to the SPFL. 

Maybe Football First can update in who has met the standards.

Teams looking for promotion to the SPFL need to have a bronze licence, rather than an entry licence.  Only Cumbernauld Colts has a bronze licence at the moment, although it is expected that any club seeking promotion will be given a grace period to make the grade.

It's not just about the ground, e.g. brighter floodlights, but other support arrangements, like having a team doctor available at matches. Clubs like Brechin, Cowdenbeath, Albion Rovers probably chose to drop a licence level and save money in the HL/LL, so should be able to revert quite easily. EK has plenty cash behind them so again should be able to meet the new requirements.

section s heart
1 minute ago, Footballfirst said:

Teams looking for promotion to the SPFL need to have a bronze licence, rather than an entry licence.  Only Cumbernauld Colts has a bronze licence at the moment, although it is expected that any club seeking promotion will be given a grace period to make the grade.

It's not just about the ground, e.g. brighter floodlights, but other support arrangements, like having a team doctor available at matches. Clubs like Brechin, Cowdenbeath, Albion Rovers probably chose to drop a licence level and save money in the HL/LL, so should be able to revert quite easily. EK has plenty cash behind them so again should be able to meet the new requirements.

Thanks FF

mintmyster
47 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Yep, was surprised to see him involved last weekend. 

He’s a very clever player, great positional sense and despite not being the biggest, uses his body really well. Naismith and Forrest were at the game so I’m sure will be impressed by what they saw. Overall, the team were excellent.

Great win for Hearts tonight. Very poor first 45mins from the boys in maroon, and hoof ball prevailed from the visitors. The real moment of quality was their goal, a peach of a strike.

second halve was completely different, Hearts fronted up and they got their rewards. Wilson has started to look the player again and he put on another 9/10 performance again.
Hearts had 3 2007 in the starting line up tonight which is terrific. Huge credit must go out to entire coaching team. By the noise coming from the changing room, everyone clearly enjoyed the night. Well done

Chuck Berry

A game of two halves, probably due to the wind. First 15 mins of the second sealed the win and runners-up spot. 

Decent crowd as well, I'd say around the 400 mark although still a pity that more Jambos don't turn up.

Footballfirst
4 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

Decent crowd as well, I'd say around the 400 mark although still a pity that more Jambos don't turn up.

I did a headcount and got 404.

SeaOfMaroon

Was also at the game tonight. The B team really struggled with Bo'ness physicality and long ball approache in the first half. I think this contributed to some nerves and strange mistakes playing out from the back.

The second half was a lot better and you could see the confidence growing. I was impressed by wee number 14, he was everywhere. Forester had a good second half too. Good to see Sandilands getting stuck into one of their big boys at a flash point.

Wilson looks classy at times and has a good football brain. Did struggle physically against their big defenders. He looks like he hasn't finished growing though.

Chuck Berry
8 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I did a headcount and got 404.

Not a bad guess then!

Niemi’s gloves
10 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

A game of two halves, probably due to the wind. First 15 mins of the second sealed the win and runners-up spot. 

More Jambos turning up would be good - if we had more than one gate open. Arrived at 7.30 tonight but took 10 minutes to get in. Lovely cheerful lady operating the turnstile but things like folk trying to pay by card can be an issue. 

Chuck Berry
1 minute ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

More Jambos turning up would be good - if we had more than one gate open. Arrived at 7.30 tonight but took 10 minutes to get in. Lovely cheerful lady operating the turnstile but things like folk trying to pay by card can be an issue. 

Yeah to be fair they normally have two turnstiles open for bigger games. Perhaps caught unawares.

That said, it really should be free for ST holders in my opinion. Encourage more fans along.

Bongo 1874
2 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

Certainly a game of two halves tonight.  Bo'ness dominated the first as Hearts seemed very nervous playing the ball out against their press, although the wind was also a factor.  Ex Hearts youngster Ryan Stevenson scoored a peach of a free kick shortly before the break.

Hearts came out in the second half with a different mindset and approach, pressing and driving forward with pace. They could have scored about five in the first 15 minutes, but had to settle for three although the fourth came along soon after. None of the goals were collectors items, but all were down to perseverance and opportunism.  Thereafter they managed the game pretty well although Bo'ness did get one back late in the game.

What formation did they play tonight mate,and was the pressing good second half?

Saint Jambo

Well done to the young team. A really good season that hopefully leaves many of them more prepared to make the step up towards first team football.

Jambo senior
1 hour ago, SeaOfMaroon said:

Was also at the game tonight. The B team really struggled with Bo'ness physicality and long ball approache in the first half. I think this contributed to some nerves and strange mistakes playing out from the back.

The second half was a lot better and you could see the confidence growing. I was impressed by wee number 14, he was everywhere. Forester had a good second half too. Good to see Sandilands getting stuck into one of their big boys at a flash point.

Wilson looks classy at times and has a good football brain. Did struggle physically against their big defenders. He looks like he hasn't finished growing though.

The lad Sandilands has done that a few times this season in particular when younger lads involved so good to see someone with some flair being able to handle the intimidation at times aswell.   Rathie had also been good for that all year 

jamboinglasgow
3 minutes ago, Jambo senior said:

The lad Sandilands has done that a few times this season in particular when younger lads involved so good to see someone with some flair being able to handle the intimidation at times aswell.   Rathie had also been good for that all year 

Its one of the reasons why Naismith wants the B team. He said at the presentation he did a few months back that he wanted players to get used to playing where they dont get free kicks for things they would in youth football. So makes them more savvy, more prepared for a physical side. Sandilands and Rathie being the players who stand up for the younger ones is great (and they are only 18/19.) It sets an example to the youngsters which they will take in their career.

Footballfirst
45 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

What formation did they play tonight mate,and was the pressing good second half?

Nominally it would be described as a 4-3-3, but the full backs (Forrester & Dall) are encouraged to step into midfield while they kept McLuckie and Ross out wide, but still supporting Wilson.

Hearts were unable to press in the first half as they struggled to get possession far less get up the park. In the second half, they turned the tables and got stuck in with much more energy, particularly through the midfield 3 of Stevenson, Gordon and Sandilands. It was that pressure the created the openings further forward with the front three combining to create chances both for themselves and the midfield runners.

Will Flatman be loaned out again do you think @Footballfirst or will he be on the fringes of the first team next season . He lost such a chunk of his development but I remember he was very highly regarded 

jamboinglasgow
35 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Will Flatman be loaned out again do you think @Footballfirst or will he be on the fringes of the first team next season . He lost such a chunk of his development but I remember he was very highly regarded 

He is out of contract at the end of the season, seen another poster on this thread suggest his contract is not getting renewed.

Just now, jamboinglasgow said:

He is out of contract at the end of the season, seen another poster on this thread suggest his contract is not getting renewed.

Ah well . Always a shame when a highly rated youngster never makes it over the line for us , whatever the reasons may be 

jamboinglasgow
29 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Ah well . Always a shame when a highly rated youngster never makes it over the line for us , whatever the reasons may be 

Sadly its down to injuries, he has had a pretty awful time in the last few seasons because of injury which has hampered his development.

SeaOfMaroon
7 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Its one of the reasons why Naismith wants the B team. He said at the presentation he did a few months back that he wanted players to get used to playing where they dont get free kicks for things they would in youth football. So makes them more savvy, more prepared for a physical side. Sandilands and Rathie being the players who stand up for the younger ones is great (and they are only 18/19.) It sets an example to the youngsters which they will take in their career.

Is sandilands not actually one of the younger ones himself, sure he's a 2006.

jamboinglasgow
4 minutes ago, SeaOfMaroon said:

Is sandilands not actually one of the younger ones himself, sure he's a 2006.

He is 2005, he is 18 but will be 19 in September. Though on another note, its fascinating to see he has played 65 games in the Lowland league at his age (playing over 5,000 minutes.) That amount of football at a young age can only be really beneficial.

section s heart

Any word on the potential for contract extensions for the best of these boys? IIRC Wilson and Stevenson will be about half way through their 2 year deals, if they're seen as stars of the future, would be great to get them signing a Tait length contract. 

Footballfirst

Bo'ness' first goal from the free kick. Great strike.