• JFK-1

• BlueRiver

• Dusk_Till_Dawn

• hughesie27

4 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

77F7AF37-046A-41CF-8717-8F1D55DD9EAB.jpeg

4 hours ago, Lovecraft said:

😁

In my opinion, that’s not even the slightest bit funny.

This is the end of people’s life’s that you are finding humour in.

47 minutes ago, CavySlaveJambo said:

Or Titanium. 

As for Certification and Testing,  it would cost them money and take time,   And everyone saw how the owner reacted to criticism.  

Carbon fibre structures are expensive to inspect due to the layered "make up".

I can't get my head around using carbon fibre as basically a pressure vessel due to the possibility of defects in the layers. Not convinced that Titanium or Steel would have been more expensive than laying up a carbon fibre structure (albeit raw material prices are crazy just now).

Given the end use for this I would have expected several structures to be manufactured and at least one tested to the depth pressures. Cost would be astronomical but it's what you would do.

Coming from a Design Engineering background I really didn't think this sort of thing could happen nowadays with all the safety bodies out there. Tragic

been here before
59 minutes ago, the posh bit said:

Virtue signalling, a term used by the Gammonati as they strut about wearing poppies in September. 😉

Gammonati, a term used by virtue signallers who sit condescending on the internet about their virtue signalling.

Edited by been here before

5 minutes ago, the posh bit said:

It'll make a shite film now. 😕

Goodness me, there are some heartless people around.

Thankfully, they’re not around me.

the posh bit
7 minutes ago, been here before said:

Gammonati, a term used by virtue signallers who sit comdescending on the internet about their virtue signalling.

Some kinds are easier to spot. I'm pretty sure that you wouldn't have used the term virtue signalling if the people on the ship that sank off the coast of Greece hadn't been migrants from Africa. 

Edited by the posh bit

3 minutes ago, the posh bit said:

Some kinds are easier to spot. I'm pretty sure that you wouldn't have used the term virtue signalling if the people on the ship that sank off the coast of Greece hadn't been migrants from Africa. 

Pretty antagonistic post towards @been here before, imo.

been here before
5 minutes ago, the posh bit said:

If the condescending virtue signalling bullshit hat fits...

Or perhaps you'd like to spell out exactly where you're heading with this nice and clearly, as unambiguous as you can just so we all know what you're driving at here.

Edited by been here before

the posh bit
Just now, been here before said:

If the condescending virtue signalling bullshit hat fits...

Or perhaps you'd like to spell out exactly where you're heading with this nice and clearly, as unambiguous as you can justvso we all know what you're druving at here.

You're already there so I guess it was clear enough. 😊

You of course cared that much about the incident off Greece that you've spoke about it frequently outside of the confines of using it to make piss poor points on this thread. 

Suppose it's easier to just imply that other posters are racist instead. 

the posh bit
1 minute ago, BlueRiver said:

You of course cared that much about the incident off Greece that you've spoke about it frequently outside of the confines of using it to make piss poor points on this thread. 

How do you know that I haven't spoken about it? 

been here before
2 minutes ago, the posh bit said:

You're already there so I guess it was clear enough. 😊

If you think there is any ulterior motive to me calling you a virtue signaller then you trot off and report it to the mods. 

Otherwise you're as complicit as I am in whatever deranged agenda you think Im driving.

What a ****in halfwit :rofl:

Just now, the posh bit said:

How do you know that I haven't spoken about it? 

Have you? Certainly not seen many folk bothering to mention it on here until you waded in acting like there isn't action being taken or money being spent. 

Do you want round the clock media coverage of them pulling dead bodies out the water? 

been here before
3 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

Lacks the balls to come out and say it or to do anything about it.

Hiding behind ambiguous suggestions.

Cowardly stuff really, speaks volumes though.

the posh bit
1 minute ago, been here before said:

If you think there is any ulterior motive to me calling you a virtue signaller then you trot off and report it to the mods. 

Otherwise you're as complicit as I am in whatever deranged agenda you think Im driving.

What a ****in halfwit :rofl:

Why would I report it to the mods when I could just call it out 'clearly' to you in the thread? 

Pete Elliott

The media coverage of five millionaires dying at sea compared to hundreds of penniless refugees dying at sea sums up this shan world perfectly.

been here before
Just now, the posh bit said:

Why would I report it to the mods when I could just call it out 'clearly' to you in the thread? 

Because if you just sit there doing **** all about it you're part of the problem.

You really are making yourself look an absolute dick here. Bash on though.

Just now, Pete Elliott said:

The media coverage of five millionaires dying at sea compared to hundreds of penniless refugees dying at sea sums up this shan world perfectly.

What media coverage do you want? One was a live rescue operation and the other was a tragedy. There's plenty coverage of what's come from it if you open your eyes. 

2 minutes ago, Pete Elliott said:

The media coverage would have been no different if 5 of us had been on board, this is an unusual event.

jack D and coke
1 minute ago, JFK-1 said:

The media coverage would have been no different if 5 of us had been on board, this is an unusual event.

I agree. Got nowt to do with them being wealthy. It’s an unusual and terrifying turn of events…

Pete Elliott
4 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

What media coverage do you want? One was a live rescue operation and the other was a tragedy. There's plenty coverage of what's come from it if you open your eyes. 

3 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

The coverage is a statement about the value placed upon certain lives. 

Hour long documentaries :facepalm:

Aye it’s the uniqueness of the event and the association with the Titanic, the same coverage as that Russian sub rescue years ago (an Jambo helped save them, was played in the movie, and honored by Russia) and those footballers trapped in the cave.

the posh bit
12 minutes ago, been here before said:

Because if you just sit there doing **** all about it you're part of the problem.

You really are making yourself look an absolute dick here. Bash on though.

I made a genuine comparison which others either made too, or agreed with. 

You were motivated enough to call it virtue signalling. You could have not posted anything but you chose to get all rednecked about it. 

I called you out on that and then you got all victimy. 

Stand up for your convictions instead of sniding around them. 

Edited by the posh bit

4 minutes ago, Pete Elliott said:

I guess if you're pretty insistent on comparing a live rescue operation at the site of the world's most famous shipwreck to a tragedy that's resulted in them already pulling body's out the water and Egyptians being in front of Greek courts it must be some statement.  

You think if these 5 had capsized their yacht on a lake somewhere and drowned they'd get any coverage? Don't be so daft. 

3 minutes ago, Pete Elliott said:

It's an indication of how unique this is. This would have got mass coverage no matter who was on board, 5 penniless non entities would have got exactly the same coverage.

the posh bit

It's an indication of how unique this is. This would have got mass coverage no matter who was on board, 5 penniless non entities would have got exactly the same coverage.

I doubt that. 

1 minute ago, the posh bit said:

I doubt that. 

So you think submersible goes missing diving on Titanic, 5 guys on board only had 10 quid between them, end of report. That's what you think? I seriously doubt that.

Pete Elliott
4 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

I guess if you're pretty insistent on comparing a live rescue operation at the site of the world's most famous shipwreck to a tragedy that's resulted in them already pulling body's out the water and Egyptians being in front of Greek courts it must be some statement.  

You think if these 5 had capsized their yacht on a lake somewhere and drowned they'd get any coverage? Don't be so daft. 

4 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

Totally naivety. The people who own the media and the people on that sub can be found in the same small Venn diagram circle.

Just now, JFK-1 said:

So you think submersible goes missing diving on Titanic, 5 guys on board only had 10 quid between them, end of report. That's what you think? I seriously doubt that.

Nah he's maybe on to something. Submarine disasters and rescue attempts are notoriously never reported on unless there's incredibly wealthy people on board. 

the posh bit

So you think submersible goes missing diving on Titanic, 5 guys on board only had 10 quid between them, end of report. That's what you think? 

Yes. Well spotted. 

Just now, Pete Elliott said:

Totally naivety. The people who own the media and the people on that sub can be found in the same small Venn diagram circle.

:laugh:

Aye...it's me that's naïve. 

3 minutes ago, Pete Elliott said:

Deep state shit going down? Well, who would have think it. 

the posh bit
3 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

2 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

Nah he's maybe on to something. Submarine disasters and rescue attempts are notoriously never reported on unless there's incredibly wealthy people on board. 

Well I guess the next time 5 guys with less than 10 quid between them decide to get in a submersible and have a ghoulish poke about at a shipwreck at the bottom of the Atlantic we will know for certain. 😉

been here before
13 minutes ago, the posh bit said:

I made a genuine comparison which others either made too, or agreed with. 

You were motivated enough to call it virtue signalling. You could have not posted anything but you chose to get all rednecked about it. 

I called you out on that and then you got all victimy. 

Stand up for your convictions instead of sniding around them. 

All over the shop...

As I said you're making a total dick of yourself now and you're incapable of stopping.

Still interested in one of you pair telling me how you can even get to the same level of coverage for the capsized ship in the Med as you do for a round the clock live rescue attempt?

1 minute ago, the posh bit said:

Well I guess the next time 5 guys with less than 10 quid between them decide to get in a submersible and have a ghoulish poke about at a shipwreck at the bottom of the Atlantic we will know for certain. 😉

Well I guess we're all going to have to puzzle over why they spend days mass covering things like mine collapses, not a single millionaire in those mines, they couldn't raise a million between them. The mysteries of the deep state. 

the posh bit

Well I guess we're all going to have to puzzle over why they spend days mass covering things like mine collapses, not a single millionaire in those mines, they couldn't raise a million between them. The mysteries of the deep state. 

I was glued to the telly rooting for they guys. ❤️

CavySlaveJambo
1 hour ago, EC_Hearts said:

Carbon fibre structures are expensive to inspect due to the layered "make up".

I can't get my head around using carbon fibre as basically a pressure vessel due to the possibility of defects in the layers. Not convinced that Titanium or Steel would have been more expensive than laying up a carbon fibre structure (albeit raw material prices are crazy just now).

Given the end use for this I would have expected several structures to be manufactured and at least one tested to the depth pressures. Cost would be astronomical but it's what you would do.

Coming from a Design Engineering background I really didn't think this sort of thing could happen nowadays with all the safety bodies out there. Tragic

James Cameron on building Deep Sea Submersibles. 

34 minutes ago, Pete Elliott said:

There was plenty media coverage of the migrant boat. And there would have been round the clock reporting of it had the media been immediately aware of how many people were on board and there was a chance that any of them were still alive to warrant an international rescue attempt.

This story will be forgotten about by Saturday morning.

Edited by hughesie27

2 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

Still interested in one of you pair telling me how you can even get to the same level of coverage for the capsized ship in the Med as you do for a round the clock live rescue attempt?

I guess the point is migrants drowning is sadly not uncommon where as this event was unusual and had a ticking clock on it with the whole 96 hours of oxygen. 

But what if it was Elon Musk’s boat that capsized in the med? Pretty sure that’d get a lot more coverage, though that’ll be partly anyone high profile sells a story/generates clicks more. 

• Maple Leaf changed the title to Titanic "tourist" submarine