Titanic "tourist" submarine

Lone Striker

Bindy Badgy
45 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Aye Wikipedia’ is a good resource on this ! Even I knew that the vessel would crush itself . But incredible the amount of experts on this , ranging from politics , science , football etc . They really shouldn’t hide it  their knowledge base …. Oh wait 

There’s an underlying hint of envy about rich people and what they spend their money on , from not so rich people . None of my business what they do with their brass . They earned it , in whatever way . Envy is s terrible sin. It permeates through some posters on this . 

The issue is that vast sums of money have been spent trying to save people who spent stupid amounts of money doing something incredibly reckless whilst people that are fleeing persecution are left to fend for themselves.

• Replies 812
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JFK-1

• BlueRiver

• Dusk_Till_Dawn

• hughesie27

JudyJudyJudy
Just now, Bindy Badgy said:

The issue is that vast sums of money have been spent trying to save people who spent stupid amounts of money doing something incredibly reckless whilst people that are fleeing persecution are left to fend for themselves.

And “vast amounts of money”  are being spent on people who take no regard / responsibility for their own health by drinking too much alcohol , smoking , eating too much , not exercising etc etc 

29 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

And “vast amounts of money”  are being spent on people who take no regard / responsibility for their own health by drinking too much alcohol , smoking , eating too much , not exercising etc etc 

You can't have it both ways. Both are wrong imo. You seem to be suggesting one is fine but the other isn't.

JudyJudyJudy
Just now, Taffin said:

You can't have it both ways. Both are wrong imo. You seem to be suggesting one is fine but the other isn't.

No I’m not . I’m just pointing out the contradiction. The sub people made a mad / reckless choice and so do addicts but they still deserved to be “ saved” or helped . 

manaliveits105
1 hour ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Aye Wikipedia’ is a good resource on this ! Even I knew that the vessel would crush itself . But incredible the amount of experts on this , ranging from politics , science , football etc . They really shouldn’t hide it  their knowledge base …. Oh wait 

It's embarassing but our daily prolific spouting know it alls fool no one except themselves and their lap dugs 

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

It's embarassing but our daily prolific spouting know it alls fool no one except themselves and their lap dugs 

I know 😂 

John Gentleman
3 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

I assume the victims’ estates will cover the cost of the rescue mission. 

Naw. The costs will be borne by the countries involved involved in the search and rescue mission as they're all signatories to international conventions. I'd imagine that'll be (mostly) the U.S. and Canada. Recovery, say, of the hull wreck would be undertaken by anyone who can pony up the cash and kit. 

I don't mean I'd like to see bodies evaporated, but I wouldn't mind seeing an experiment showing the impact of an implosion at that pressure, like is it totally underwhelming in terms of 'pop' and done, or it it 'kaboom, WTF happened there? Not much to be seen from this point'.

Billionaires on a jaunt to ghoul it over a mass grave garner more sympathy than migrants fleeing poverty and war.

Shock.

3 minutes ago, Gundermann said:

Billionaires on a jaunt to ghoul it over a mass grave garner more sympathy than migrants fleeing poverty and war.

Shock.

Just nonsense.

1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

You keep thinking that. I know different.

There is your mistake John, that poster is capable of thinking. 

4 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

I don't mean I'd like to see bodies evaporated, but I wouldn't mind seeing an experiment showing the impact of an implosion at that pressure, like is it totally underwhelming in terms of 'pop' and done, or it it 'kaboom, WTF happened there? Not much to be seen from this point'.

Cancel that, I've just seen a video of a glass bottle being absolutely evaporated at 700 meters of pressure (70bar), only the bottle cap remains.  That sub has blown like a bomb in an instant and anything that can evaporate has done.  Wow.

JudyJudyJudy
8 minutes ago, Gundermann said:

Shock.

No one has actually said that . 

Japan Jambo

Here we go, a reprise of your jihad on fatties on the way? (I declare an interest 🙂)

JudyJudyJudy
Just now, Japan Jambo said:

Here we go, a reprise of your jihad on fatties on the way? (I declare an interest 🙂)

No I’m arguing that everyone is entitled to be “ saved “ despite choices they make which cause them health issues . 👍 

8 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Just nonsense.

You noticed that none of these folk have made a topic to discuss it or really exhibited much about it at all unless they're puffing their chests out on this thread? 

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

You noticed that none of these folk have made a topic to discuss it or really exhibited much about it at all unless they're puffing their chests out on this thread? 

Yep . 

4 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

It's like they are just willing the narrative it into existence. Ignoring the huge coverage it got.
You also never seen endless memes about the migrant boat or folk celebrating their death on the scale seen for the "5 billionaires"

Edited by hughesie27

il Duce McTarkin
6 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

No I’m arguing that everyone is entitled to be “ saved “ 

Jesus is the man for the job, james. 

060c9a737b276f1aa3d40590c5b02e4d.png

JudyJudyJudy
3 minutes ago, Dirk McTarkin said:

Jesus is the man for the job, james. 

060c9a737b276f1aa3d40590c5b02e4d.png

Yes Jesus did say that . Seemed a nice guy really . 🙏

27 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

It's like they are just willing the narrative it into existence. Ignoring the huge coverage it got.
You also never seen endless memes about the migrant boat or folk celebrating their death on the scale seen for the "5 billionaires"

You want an invite to some of my group chats ? 

Pasquale for King
57 minutes ago, Gundermann said:

Shock.

All aided by the MSM. 

1 hour ago, Armageddon said:

Good interview tbh, bit of an element of James Cameron enjoying people listening to him TBH but its still interesting and a good listen. 

48 minutes ago, Dazo said:

You want an invite to some of my group chats ? 

So you're gripe is with people you associate with then?

the posh bit
1 hour ago, Dazo said:

That's cruel. 😊

10 minutes ago, OTT said:

Good interview tbh, bit of an element of James Cameron enjoying people listening to him TBH but its still interesting and a good listen. 

The first fatal accident in 63 years of deep sea exploration.

davemclaren
3 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

The first fatal accident in 63 years of deep sea exploration.

Really? That seems unlikely but I have no info to contradict it.  

4 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Really? That seems unlikely but I have no info to contradict it.  

Its what James Cameron said. Would think he would know.

No one has actually said that . 

The coverage says it all.

Btw, i'm not rejoicing or belittling the deaths of those in that sub. Their families will be hurting too.

014129c3726ad83b.png

Edited by Gundermann

5 hours ago, John Findlay said:

The sea claims another Five lives.

There is only one winner. This damn Cruel Sea.

I have (more than) a hunch that John ☝️ has a bit more insight, backed up with personal 1st hand experiences than does this person 👇.

4 hours ago, the posh bit said:

The sea isn't cruel. 

Nobody is saying that the sea is sentient. Finding fault with a reference to a mariner's poetic description takes some beating, but top marks to you for taking pedantry to a whole new level. 👍 It must be a right bummer taking sayings literally. Oh, and not a bad film to boot! 😉

2 hours ago, John Findlay said:

You keep thinking that. I know different.

Too true! Methinks that that saying covers more than just the sea, weather, and waves. My dad (R.I.P.) who was torpedoed off the coast of Africa during WWII would no doubt agree. Next time we meet I'll tell you the harrowing story. I have no doubt that you'll appreciate the absolute horror and terror experienced by those knowingly engaging in the war effort.

It seems almost like some of the know-alls on here would castigate such sea men for having willingly put their lives on the line given the known risks involved.

My own 'near death' experiences involving the sea pale into insignificance!

1 hour ago, Dazo said:

So, you're making the absurd allegation that @John Findlay is incapable of thinking? Seriously? Get a grip, man!!!

No I’m arguing that everyone is entitled to be “ saved “ despite choices they make which cause them health issues . 👍 

"Choices" or self-medication brought on by childhood and/or epigenetic trauma, of which women bear the brunt?

JudyJudyJudy
4 minutes ago, Gundermann said:

"Choices" or self-medication brought on by childhood and/or epigenetic trauma, of which women bear the brunt?

Yes some people make choices to eat too much , drink too much or smoke too much . Self responsibility and all . . And yes I’m perfectly aware some addictions can be cause by various reasons but also some arent . 

Edited by JudyJudyJudy

Amazed that people don’t appear to have heard of Nicholas Monsarrat. 

Edited by Tazio
Bloody autocorrect

JudyJudyJudy
5 minutes ago, Gundermann said:

You’re trying to preach to the converted really . Only way I’ve ever lost weight is by eating less . Recently lost 6 lbs in about 4 days because I ate a strictly controlled diet which necessitated self control . 

highlandjambo3
3 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Amazed that people don’t appear to have heard of Nicholas Montsarrat. 

Amazed?  Why?……..I’ve never heard of him.

rudi must stay

My flatmate spoke highly of James Cameron said he was a very smart guy. What is clear is he is a bright bloke no question

34 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

So you're gripe is with people you associate with then?

I don’t have a gripe with anyone. Maybe except lefties and separatists, they are just weird. 

JudyJudyJudy
4 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Amazed?  Why?……..I’ve never heard of him.

Yes I’ve never heard of him either . 

2 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

My flatmate spoke highly of James Cameron said he was a very smart guy. What is clear is he is a bright bloke no question

What did he think of Nicholas Montsarrat? 

I absolutely know where you are coming from.

Some unfortunates make 'choices' that are detrimental to their own well-being ... but are 'choices' driven by terrible circumstances whether that be poverty, the consequences of an abusive or uncaring upbringing, mental health issues, and so on.

Some folks are all too quick to blame such victims of unfortunate early life experiences.

It's kinda like attitudes towards 'the undeserving poor' from those who dinnae hae a clue about poverty.

il Duce McTarkin
3 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Only way I’ve ever lost weight is by eating less . Recently lost 6 lbs in about 4 days because I ate a strictly controlled diet which necessitated self control . 

You'd need a calorie defecit of around 20 thousand to lose 6 lbs of fat over 4 days. 

the posh bit
17 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

I have (more than) a hunch that John ☝️ has a bit more insight, backed up with personal 1st hand experiences than does this person 👇.

Nobody is saying that the sea is sentient. Finding fault with a reference to a mariner's poetic description takes some beating, but top marks to you for taking pedantry to a whole new level. 👍 It must be a right bummer taking sayings literally. Oh, and not a bad film to boot! 😉

Too true! Methinks that that saying covers more than just the sea, weather, and waves. My dad (R.I.P.) who was torpedoed off the coast of Africa during WWII would no doubt agree. Next time we meet I'll tell you the harrowing story. I have no doubt that you'll appreciate the absolute horror and terror experienced by those knowingly engaging in the war effort.

It seems almost like some of the know-alls on here would castigate such sea men for having willingly put their lives on the line given the known risks involved.

My own 'near death' experiences involving the sea pale into insignificance!

So, you're making the absurd allegation that @John Findlay is incapable of thinking? Seriously? Get a grip, man!!!

Unreal 😁

rudi must stay
1 minute ago, Sooperstar said:

What did he think of Nicholas Montsarrat? 

Not as clever he doesn't have any oscars

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, Dirk McTarkin said:

You'd need a calorie defecit of around 20 thousand to lose 6 lbs of fat over 4 days. 

I fasted . I’m on the IFD . Eat water as starter and eggs as main course ! 

6 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Yes some people make choices to eat too much , drink too much or smoke too much . Self responsibility and all . . And yes I’m perfectly aware some addictions can be cause by various reasons but also some arent . 

The evidence appears to be that addictive behavour - only some of it illegal - can be caused by factors that precede someone's life. Black prisoners in the US for example whose grandparents were slaves, fathers hunted by the KKK is one, descendents of Irish famine suvivors, native Americans etc...

I used to have those sentiments but largely through working with kids from really shit backgrounds, I've come to realise, 'what choice do they have?'. Some kids hate themselves from as young as 4 or 5. Their brains have developed in direct response to their birth environment, more-so if their parents and grandparents were mired in poverty, famine, war etc. It would take years of therapy to teach 'self-responsibility'. The rich will have their own traumas too - look at Boris ffs or some of the royals. They obvs have more recourse to address it though.

It's one reason, out of many, why the Ukraine situation is so horrific. There will be scars and resultant chaos, violence and depression for the next generation or two, at least, on both sides.

This vid is interesting btw.

• Maple Leaf changed the title to Titanic "tourist" submarine