Naismith/McAvoy/Forrest confirmed as management team - contracted to 2025 (title updated)

kingantti1874

Naismith, Cifuentes, Someone Else  

589 members have voted

1. 1. So who is your preference

• Steven Naismith
    • Marti Cifuentes
    • Someone else (name them)

This poll is closed to new votes

jambo-in-furness

Naismith for me,  might be the new AF, might not, but if he doesn’t get this gig he will be applying non stop for every decent post and will be away.

What a sickener if he does turn out to be a great coach at another Scottish team or indeed any team but us.  
Give him the job.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Naisys Tackle

• Tom Hardy’s Dug

• Ricardo Quaresma

2 minutes ago, jambo-in-furness said:

Naismith for me,  might be the new AF, might not, but if he doesn’t get this gig he will be applying non stop for every decent post and will be away.

What a sickener if he does turn out to be a great coach at another Scottish team or indeed any team but us.  
Give him the job.

No risk one year rolling deal would be ideal 👌 

Fairly obvious that Budge is the main problem. She saved Hearts and deserves the plaudits for that but she has a long history of dithering with important decisions. 

21 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Clearly You have any idea about Malkys history do you. Only an utter moron would suggest him as hearts manager

I’m saying if Naismith doesn’t get it (I think he should) then I’d take Malky! No interest in his past. 

11 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

Fairly obvious that Budge is the main problem. She saved Hearts and deserves the plaudits for that but she has a long history of dithering with important decisions. 

Budge took a step back from day to day running of the club a while ago mate. 

5 minutes ago, Irufushi said:

I’m saying if Naismith doesn’t get it (I think he should) then I’d take Malky! No interest in his past. 

McKay? 🤣😂 Cheers - needed a laugh today 😁

Edited by MattyK82

Mr Kipling
27 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

dithering 

Yep, this is where I am at the moment. It's kind of important that we get someone in sooner rather than later. I know that pre-season doesn't start for another 3 and bit weeks but we also need to think about recruitment (managerial/backroom staff/players etc). These things take time and it's important that the next manager can prepare for that accordingly whether on holiday at the moment or not. The dithering is annoying. 

Edited by Mr Kipling

AlimOzturk

Big appointment and we shouldn’t rush into it. 

I want Naismith to get the role but obviously we are going to look at every available option. 

Pans Jambo
1 minute ago, AlimOzturk said:

Big appointment and we shouldn’t rush into it. 

I want Naismith to get the role but obviously we are going to look at every available option. 

& then give it to Naismith. Because its the right choice. 

Hearts1975
1 hour ago, jambo-in-furness said:

Give him the job.

Think that's what this Cifuentes is doing as well, applying for every single post under the sun 

Major dressing room unrest at his current club and suddenly he wants a job 

100% give SN the job.

Last thing we need right now is another manager, who can't manage, and is likely to lose the dressing room in 60 seconds 

Edited by Hearts1975

1 minute ago, Daktari said:

He could, He could take over the B team. 

Maybe go on to be a first team Hearts manager in the future. 

Who knows. Some players you'd never think would make a good manager turn out to be the best. Some you'd think were made for it flop.

1 hour ago, Irufushi said:

Wins the first few games and nobody would care. You stick Ted bundy in the dugout and he delivers a cup or unimaginably a league absolutely nobody would care. 

Malky is a good manager . Naismith first choice , malky 2nd choice for me . 

Glad you're the only person I've heard say his name then 😂

Bazzas right boot

Malky Mackay is a great shout.

Get him in and  when big Curtis Main joins us we'll be hitting that next level in no time. 

The longer this goes on the more it feels as if it won't be Naismith. If there's no announcement tomorrow I reckon it's going to Cifuentes. Just a feeling.

26 minutes ago, Sertse said:

The longer this goes on the more it feels as if it won't be Naismith. If there's no announcement tomorrow I reckon it's going to Cifuentes. Just a feeling.

Seems that way tbh . 

WheatfieldWarrior
46 minutes ago, Bauld said:

He could, He could take over the B team. 

Maybe go on to be a first team Hearts manager in the future. 

Who knows. Some players you'd never think would make a good manager turn out to be the best. Some you'd think were made for it flop.

Berra has an A licence and started his Pro licence this month.  A-licence lets you manage traditional b teams (not sure if ours is a traditional B team or a tier 5 team for this calculation, but it probably doesn't matter)  championship clubs and u18s.  

37 minutes ago, Sertse said:

Yeah, if it is Cifuentes, fair enough - but the board and Savage are hanging their credibility hat on him. If he's a cock up, there will be anger at yet more bad management of the football department. Anything less than 3rd isn't good enough IMO. Which means there is a fairly high bar, and I don't think folk are going to be accepting of a "transition season", i.e if he comes in and tries to make sweeping changes, instead of hitting the ground running, it won't bode well. 

I'm pretty underwhelmed and disappointed at the lack of interest based on what we've heard about. Obviously the board might be pulling a blinder at keeping it all underwraps, but agents and other clubs can have difficulty keeping quiet, so it makes me think that there isn't much to choose from. As important as getting this right is, it can't afford to become a saga. I don't want to get to the end of the summer window thinking the new guy hasn't got his team together yet. 

I'm maybe biased, but I genuinely believe Naisy can steer us to 3rd. He's already pulled off some decent results as interim, and showed good tactical awareness in getting the team sorted in the 2nd half v St Mirren, and managing to keep Hibs at bay to steer us to 4th.  Experience obviously not on his side, but maybe that is a good thing? Get him experienced coaches to support him.

3 hours ago, Irufushi said:

It didn't stop @Malinga the Swinga voting Tory.

Bongo 1874
2 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Malky Mackay is a great shout.

Get him in and  when big Curtis Main joins us we'll be hitting that next level in no time. 

Give it a rest FFS.

5 hours ago, OTT said:

Yeah, if it is Cifuentes, fair enough - but the board and Savage are hanging their credibility hat on him. If he's a cock up, there will be anger at yet more bad management of the football department. Anything less than 3rd isn't good enough IMO. Which means there is a fairly high bar, and I don't think folk are going to be accepting of a "transition season", i.e if he comes in and tries to make sweeping changes, instead of hitting the ground running, it won't bode well. 

I'm pretty underwhelmed and disappointed at the lack of interest based on what we've heard about. Obviously the board might be pulling a blinder at keeping it all underwraps, but agents and other clubs can have difficulty keeping quiet, so it makes me think that there isn't much to choose from. As important as getting this right is, it can't afford to become a saga. I don't want to get to the end of the summer window thinking the new guy hasn't got his team together yet. 

I'm maybe biased, but I genuinely believe Naisy can steer us to 3rd. He's already pulled off some decent results as interim, and showed good tactical awareness in getting the team sorted in the 2nd half v St Mirren, and managing to keep Hibs at bay to steer us to 4th.  Experience obviously not on his side, but maybe that is a good thing? Get him experienced coaches to support him.

This is pretty much where I'm at as well. I like Naismith's attitude. He had the team playing well. He's playing the type of football we want to see. He's already here and knows the club inside out. It doesn't seem like it should be too difficult a decision to make. 

Cifuentes doesn't seem like a bad manager at all but I feel much more apprehensive now. When we sacked RN he was in my top 3. Now, after watching Naismith I'm honestly starting to think why spend all that money getting him here when we already have someone who seems more than competent. As others have said, what if we appoint someone, Naismith goes off to another club and gets them playing well? If Cifuentes/other goes absolutely tits up Naismith won't be running back.

9 hours ago, MattyK82 said:

So what, She’s still a board member with a vote.

Bazzas right boot
5 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Give it a rest FFS.

5 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Give it a rest FFS.

You're a weird one.

Bazzas right boot
7 hours ago, OTT said:

All fair but results have been a mixed bag and not changed thr much, won at home, pretty poor away with daft defending and red cards costing us.

Pretty much our Season continued. 

Any manager will be a gamble and be a mix of success and failure as that is the market we are shopping in.

Naismith imo seems as good a gamble as any.

10 hours ago, OldGorgie said:

Fairly obvious my arse. It's a huge decision that they need to take as much time as needed to improve their chances of getting it right. The decision might already be made for all we know.

Bazzas right boot
51 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

So what, She’s still a board member with a vote.

She's not " making" decisions tho, she's not even involved with the football side of things anymore.

She has a vote like everyone else,  the majority will rule, She's not making decisions. 

10 hours ago, OldGorgie said:

Examples of this long history of dithering ? 

Probably is obvious if you’re a clueless idiot, not so much if not. 

10 hours ago, MattyK82 said:

She did but she has a major say in what is a now very important piece of business for us.

Just now, SMJ_1874 said:

She did but she has a major say in what is a now very important piece of business for us.

You mean she has a vote along with the rest of the board  on the candidates the footballing people put forward ? 

Just now, Dazo said:

You mean she has a vote along with the rest of the board  on the candidates the footballing people put forward ? 

No I mean she’s very proactive in this particular piece of business. I believe it will come down to a split decision although Anne only has one vote same as the rest. 

Just now, SMJ_1874 said:

No I mean she’s very proactive in this particular piece of business. I believe it will come down to a split decision although Anne only has one vote same as the rest. 

No major than several other people then ? 

1 minute ago, SMJ_1874 said:

Wouldn't you hope that all board members would be very proactive when it came to such an important decision?

2 minutes ago, Dazo said:

No major than several other people then ? 

You know she’s very influential and will only step in when she feels it’s warranted.

2 minutes ago, Haken said:

Wouldn't you hope that all board members would be very proactive when it came to such an important decision?

You only need Joe and Andrew to be proactive. Too many cooks and all that. The board need guidance on football matters or what’s the point in having a sporting director. Anne has had her say on matters. James Anderson is also very involved and has conducted the interview process in part.

I feel the appointment will be very soon without stating the obvious 

Personally, I'd rather the Board got it right than quick. Happy to wait for the best appointment and will get right behind whoever that may be.

12 minutes ago, SMJ_1874 said:

You know she’s very influential and will only step in when she feels it’s warranted.

You only need Joe and Andrew to be proactive. Too many cooks and all that. The board need guidance on football matters or what’s the point in having a sporting director. Anne has had her say on matters. James Anderson is also very involved and has conducted the interview process in part.

I feel the appointment will be very soon without stating the obvious 

I’m surprised to hear of JA’s involvement in the interview process. Unless he’s dealing with the ambition questions😉

Jack Torrance

Effective boards don't have one person having more influence than the others. Each will get their say and can put their views forward. Then the board will either ask for more information or agree collectively to allow senior management to proceed. 

21 minutes ago, sac said:

I’m surprised to hear of JA’s involvement in the interview process. Unless he’s dealing with the ambition questions😉

Not sure if that’s a rhetorical question but that wee winky emoji speaks volumes so you may know more than you let on. 

He won’t be interviewing candidates for their tactical nous nor their managerial capabilities that’s for sure. JA has a vision for our club and where it ‘needs to be’ and I’m sure the next candidate needs to aspire to that very ethos of his vision. 

Edited by SMJ_1874

57 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Examples of this long history of dithering ? 

Sticking with levein, even though he was past his sell by date. Watching us go from a  strong position for third to fourth. The time taken to appoint our new manager now. Springs to mind.

2 months to get a new manager is very poor by the board very dispointed.  Mckinley and savage are paid a fortune compared to most supporters and takes them this long 😄

Kyle Lafferty HoMSC
Just now, jtkb said:

2 months to get a new manager is very poor by the board very dispointed.  Mckinley and savage are paid a fortune compared to most supporters and takes them this long 😄

Depends.... if it's 2 months to appoint the guy that was already in the building then I'm inclined to agree with you, but if we end up with an appointment out the blue that is exciting and/or impressive then fair enough imo

1 minute ago, Kyle Lafferty HoMSC said:

Depends.... if it's 2 months to appoint the guy that was already in the building then I'm inclined to agree with you, but if we end up with an appointment out the blue that is exciting and/or impressive then fair enough imo

If the guy in the building had been appointed 2 months ago the board would have got pelters for it and rightly so. 

Also only a few weeks for pre season would expect first team coach involved in prep for this. And agreed if it is the old ' The best candidate  was in the building all along ' That would be a joke. If we do pop a decent experienced coach then may be worth taking 2 months I supose

counting sheep
12 hours ago, Sertse said:

🤞 🤞

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Naismith/McAvoy/Forrest confirmed as management team - contracted to 2025 (title updated)