Naismith/McAvoy/Forrest confirmed as management team - contracted to 2025 (title updated)

kingantti1874

Naismith, Cifuentes, Someone Else  

589 members have voted

1. 1. So who is your preference

• Steven Naismith
    • Marti Cifuentes
    • Someone else (name them)

This poll is closed to new votes

Naisys Tackle
33 minutes ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

https://www.svenskafans.com/fotboll/bajen/avga-alla-658401

Personally not sure on Naismith, but here's a Hammarby fan article on Cifuentes. Seems very similar to the complaints fans had about Neilson. Playing players out of position, not playing youth players, slow passing between defenders then lumping the ball up when plan a doesnt work etc. Was intrigued by Cifeuntes but not if he's another passing for the sake of passing  coach. 

Spanish Lee Johnson..  No for me.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Naisys Tackle

• Tom Hardy’s Dug

• Ricardo Quaresma

Unknown user
3 hours ago, OldGorgie said:

And the big news from Hearts is that the summer menu has arrived, meanwhile eight Hearts women players are leaving. As for new managerial announcements absolutely nothing. Clearly the club has its priorities correct.

This is an outrage, we should have all the chefs out hunting managers, no making summer menus :veryangry2:

Tom Hardy’s Dug
2 hours ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

https://www.svenskafans.com/fotboll/bajen/avga-alla-658401

Personally not sure on Naismith, but here's a Hammarby fan article on Cifuentes. Seems very similar to the complaints fans had about Neilson. Playing players out of position, not playing youth players, slow passing between defenders then lumping the ball up when plan a doesnt work etc. Was intrigued by Cifeuntes but not if he's another passing for the sake of passing  coach. 

Fans sound like JKB oddballs. He played a teenager enough last season they sold him for £5m.

I wouldn’t ever listen to fans as a reliable bellweather when I see what our own fans say about us.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
8 hours ago, thejoff said:

I can’t see any other outcome than Naismith getting it. The results he picked up in top 6, he deserves the chance to start the season. I’m not convinced he will be still in a job come Christmas but he deserves the chance to lead them out next season and I wish him all the best 

What results were they?

Seriously, wtf is happening? It doesn't take this long to SN permanent or not.

Edited by ri Alban

counting sheep
7 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Ffs, Budge and McKinlay actually interviewed this guy 🤦🏽. Slightly worrying tbh. 

Says a guy that wants Naismith 🤣

I can barely focus on this thread I am so angry eight EIGHT womens team players leaving , and AND no new signings or manager yet . I know it is important to get appointments right with such high stakes , and that the transfer window is not even open yet but EIGHT womens team players leaving and they have audacity to announce a new menu ??????

I will need to go off and read some thing less aggravating like the Tynecastle expansion thread ………………… wait !!! Who is getting the contract ????????

Honestly this place is ****ing mental 

Captain Canada

Maybe we're waiting for another candidate or two to return from holiday so they can be interviewed? 

I'm not ITK or pretending to be, but it could be a reason why we've not made a decision yet. 

Not really suggesting him as I hadn't heard of him until this weekend, but it's interesting to read Jason Cummings take on the boy at Central Coast Mariners. Would imagine it's a big step up but Ange came from that league at some point. 

Captain Canada
29 minutes ago, Sertse said:

Is Naismith back from holiday today?

I think so. I just read an article saying he's not flying out to Spain for the Scotland training camp as planned.

That might suggest he knows he's about to be confirmed as the new manager. 

buzzbomb1958
8 hours ago, Smithee said:

This is an outrage, we should have all the chefs out hunting managers, no making summer menus :veryangry2:

What colour are the curtains and the carpets ?

2 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

What colour are the curtains and the carpets ?

Is this a polite way of asking Smithee if he is a real red head 

buzzbomb1958
1 hour ago, Shanks said:

I’d give Naismith a stab at it.

We are Heart of Midlothian football club, we are too big a club for on the job training, by all means let Naismith learn his trade by under a new experienced manager ,he doesn’t even have his European badges FFS , Naisys time will come but he’s not ready yet IMO.

Agentjambo
3 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

We are Heart of Midlothian football club, we are too big a club for on the job training, by all means let Naismith learn his trade by under a new experienced manager ,he doesn’t even have his European badges FFS , Naisys time will come but he’s not ready yet IMO.

I still can’t understand the clamour to get Naismith in….just shows how bad we were under Neilson!

3 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Seriously, wtf is happening? It doesn't take this long to SN permanent or not.

If the views of those on the board, are similar to the views on this board, it’s no wonder it’s taking an eternity.

It'll be decided on the toss of a coin methinks

19 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

Tbf, the type of experienced managers we seem to be in the market for are hardly exciting choices. We either give it to a rookie, someone who's failed or failing at a comparable/higher level or someone from a much lesser club. We are basically shopping in the same store as Hibs and Aberdeen and look at the arse they've made of it.

The Budge, Levein, Neilson, Cathro experience has got a lot of Kickback fans terrified.......
 can't see the rationale for simply just giving Naismith the job except for the fact that he's already in the building.
I'd be more than happy for Hearts to go in a different direction and sign someone up who will kick start the Hearts revival afresh and for me that is someone with more coaching experience and knowledge of the European market.  

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Tbf, the type of experienced managers we seem to be in the market for are hardly exciting choices. We either give it to a rookie, someone who's failed or failing at a comparable/higher level or someone from a much lesser club. We are basically shopping in the same store as Hibs and Aberdeen and look at the arse they've made of it.

Just because someone has failed at a similar or higher level doesn’t mean they wouldn’t be great at Hearts   Look at Heckinbottom  

Failure  at a club isn’t all down to the manager. There’s usually numerous reasons for failure just like there was when Neilson failed  

jamboinglasgow
5 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Just because someone has failed at a similar or higher level doesn’t mean they wouldn’t be great at Hearts   Look at Heckinbottom  

Failure  at a club isn’t all down to the manager. There’s usually numerous reasons for failure just like there was when Neilson failed  

Exactly. 

5 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Absolutely. Just because someone's a rookie doesn't mean he won't be a success either, look at Robbie. Let's be honest though, the market we are  in isn't the best. Failed managers, Assistants/Rookies or someone who's been a success but at a lower level. Like I said, you only need to look at Hibs and Aberdeen, who between them have used all those options recently and mostly underachieved 

43 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

Sad reality is we're really not that attractive a prospect to a lot of managers any more. Isn't just us of course, the whole of Scottish football is much in the same boat. This is the markets we move on now. We have to just get on with it.

17 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Numerous reasons that weren’t down to RN ? I’d be interested in hearing what they were. 

Agentjambo
5 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

Sad reality is we're really not that attractive a prospect to a lot of managers any more. Isn't just us of course, the whole of Scottish football is much in the same boat. This is the markets we move on now. We have to just get on with it.

Why is it not an attractive prospect anymore?

18 hours ago, jambopilms said:

Just give it to Naismith, what's the worst that can happen?

We'll be back in this mess by Xmas with no manager except the 3rd choice backroom staff member whoever the new b team coach is horrible desicion if naisy gets job

1 minute ago, Agentjambo said:

Third is best that can be achieved, fans outrage at finishing 4th, player salaries comparable to those in League 1.

Of course there are positives, but reasons above likely to be off putting for managers on the upward curve in England or Europe. 

3 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Surely you've got the view from the inside on that?

8 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

What results were they?

Bang average if you ask me, but everyone wants bang average for dinner reason a rookie manager who had a very poor season with b team 5th tier then only just average with the first team, if Naismith gets the job then it really does hearts lack of ambition and blatant lies to fans after quoting we would be looking at experienced candidates instead just promoting our reserve manager

Kyle Lafferty HoMSC
12 minutes ago, TrueJambo said:

We'll be back in this mess by Xmas with no manager except the 3rd choice backroom staff member whoever the new b team coach is horrible desicion if naisy gets job

Surely Paul Gallagher is worth a shot?? 

Been here since 2016 so surely knows his way about the place

13 minutes ago, TrueJambo said:

Correct.......We are not exactly the Liverpool boot room are we........Time to cut out the experiments it doesnae work at Hearts.

3 minutes ago, Kyle Lafferty HoMSC said:

Surely Paul Gallagher is worth a shot?? 

Been here since 2016 so surely knows his way about the place

Yip, best of all he knows the stadium.

kingantti1874
43 minutes ago, Hashimoto said:

The Budge, Levein, Neilson, Cathro experience has got a lot of Kickback fans terrified.......
 can't see the rationale for simply just giving Naismith the job except for the fact that he's already in the building.
I'd be more than happy for Hearts to go in a different direction and sign someone up who will kick start the Hearts revival afresh and for me that is someone with more coaching experience and knowledge of the European market.  

already in the building.

1-got us playing the right way

2-the players bought into what he asked clearly

3-made a number of big calls (snodgrass, Humph, dropped Barrie Mackay, didn’t get smith on for sentimental reasons)

4-has played at a great level and been coached by top managers

5-is currently part of the most successful Scotland coaching team in 25 years

6-is a rarity in the football community. He’s a very intelligent guy

7-he’s an absolute shithouse and scared of no one.

8-I don’t think it’s a coincidence some of our top young players have signed up and Gino seems more interested in finding a solution

Or we could go for a random Spanish guy, with no football background of note, with a mixed at best record in Scandinavia, who’s current teams supporters seem happy to be rid off. Spanish Liam Fox IMO

Edited by kingantti1874

3 hours ago, Sooks said:

I can barely focus on this thread I am so angry eight EIGHT womens team players leaving , and AND no new signings or manager yet . I know it is important to get appointments right with such high stakes , and that the transfer window is not even open yet but EIGHT womens team players leaving and they have audacity to announce a new menu ??????

I will need to go off and read some thing less aggravating like the Tynecastle expansion thread ………………… wait !!! Who is getting the contract ????????

Honestly this place is ****ing mental 

You’ve got to love it - it’s almost like the entire of Hearts other departments & staff should just cease working while we search for a manager!

jamboinglasgow

My prediction (based on nothing but gut feeling) is that we will get an announcement either today or tomorrow.

kingantti1874
18 minutes ago, TrueJambo said:

You are wrong tho so…

Kyle Lafferty HoMSC

Have to say the Spanish Liam Fox patter is quite funny

BUT I think even he might have had more of a playing career than oor Marti

Agentjambo
2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

already in the building.

3-made a number of big calls (snodgrass, Humph, dropped Barrie Mackay, didn’t get smith on for sentimental reasons)

8-I don’t think it’s a coincidence some of our top young players have signed up and Gino seems more interested in finding a solution

Or we could go for a random Spanish guy, with no football background of note, with a mixed at best record in Scandinavia, who’s current teams supporters seem happy to be rid off. Spanish Liam Fox IMO

😂

TyphoonJambo
4 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

already in the building.

8. Is loaded so won't kiss ass just to stay in the job.

24 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

The money on offer compared to other leagues. 

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, Kyle Lafferty HoMSC said:

Have to say the Spanish Liam Fox patter is quite funny

BUT I think even he might have had more of a playing career than oor Marti

he is though. He’s a bit of a nobody with a pretty patchy record.   When the going gets tough will this guy get the respect from our dressing room? 

no chance 

jamboinglasgow
2 minutes ago, boag1874 said:

You’ve got to love it - it’s almost like the entire of Hearts other departments & staff should just cease working while we search for a manager!

Yup, the restaurant manager and marketing team are crucial when picking a new manager so the fact that the club is posting new menus for the Sky line restaurant show the club cant be bothered picking a new manager.

kingantti1874
4 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

😂

Near wet myself the other day when you regurgitated stories widely available in the media then pretended to have contacts at the club.  Almost as funny as when you pretended to know all about cifuentes telling everyone to go research him as if you are some expert.

absolute rocket of a poster 

Edited by kingantti1874

The Old Tolbooth
21 minutes ago, TrueJambo said:

Horrible? How do you know? What evidence do you have to back this up? Everything I've seen of Naisy so far has been very positive and is the complete opposite "a horrible decision" 

I just don't get how you or anyone can tarnish Naisy before he's been given a chance, it's batshit bonkers! 

5 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

already in the building.

I agree with this, there's definite promise in Naisy and I'd be delighted to see him get the chance with a one year rolling contract, because it gives Naisy the chance to cut his teeth, and it protects the club if it doesn't work out.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Naismith/McAvoy/Forrest confirmed as management team - contracted to 2025 (title updated)