Naismith/McAvoy/Forrest confirmed as management team - contracted to 2025 (title updated)

kingantti1874

Naismith, Cifuentes, Someone Else  

589 members have voted

1. 1. So who is your preference

• Steven Naismith
    • Marti Cifuentes
    • Someone else (name them)

This poll is closed to new votes

8 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Who is Naismith highly rated by….as a manager? 

Never said Naismith was but some posters on other threads said Spanish dude was just want to know why that is the case.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Naisys Tackle

• Tom Hardy’s Dug

• Ricardo Quaresma

Agentjambo
Just now, jtkb said:

Never said Naismith was but some posters on other threads said Spanish dude was just want to know why that is the case.

Look him up,loads on the net about him.

But for ballance Spanish dude does have plenty of managerial experience but hey so does Jim Goodwin. I defo would not want him.

4 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Look him up,loads on the net about him.

I did a few times today nothing I read said highly rated just he applied for several decent jobs. But it is not my decision the board will know best happy to get behind what they choose. They just need to get it done ASAP to get next season planned

Bongo 1874
53 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Imagine,having being quoted as saying we want an experienced manager then appointing Naismith and it fails.

We could appoint Knutsen and it could be a fail ,better a cheap fail than an expensive one.

Knutsen would be decent compensation too get him,

Naismith is the ideal choice player's want him, Stendel would be cheap but a lot wouldn't want him,well I say a lot on here 😉

Safe bet is Naisy 👍.

Edited by Bongo 1874

Naisys Tackle
37 minutes ago, Go for it 1308 said:

...and imagine he does? If Naismith does get the gig (and I hope he does) . I can see you replacing Bazzas right boot as the token clown on this forum.  You're doing well so far buddy.  Keep it up! 🙂👏 

Steady! ;) 

Watt-Zeefuik
1 hour ago, FarmerTweedy said:

I'd rather put a Breville toaster in charge than Phil Neville!

Joint appointment with Warburton then.

Alex Neil if Stoke punt him or leaves Stoke. 

Michael O'Neil might fancy another shot at club management especially since he lives here. 

Also content to give Naisy a bash over this Marti boy. 

Go for it 1308
41 minutes ago, Naisys Tackle said:

Steady! ;) 

In hindsight...I retract that comment. One B.R.B is enough 😂

Naisys Tackle
Just now, Go for it 1308 said:

In hindsight...I retract that comment. One B.R.B is enough 😂

:lol: :lol: 

If that's the calibre of candidate at the top of the interview list, I would just go ahead and appoint Naismith unenthused as I am by him.

In some ways turnover of players is more important than the managerial appointment in the summer. We need to get rid of the troublemakers and Naismith is best placed to know who they are. He has also had a good look at where the main weaknesses are I.e. the entire defence. While I'm not a fan of his, I'm now inclined to hoping he gets a year's contract to show what he's made of with a transfer window to remould the squad.

2 hours ago, Hector Riva said:

Naismith for me. 

4 hours ago, Naisys Tackle said:

Other for me.

Nathan Jones 

Michael Duff 

Ian Evett 

Vitor Campelos

Spanish flag dude wants Naismith and not the Spaniard.

Naisy fan wants A N OTHER than Naismith.

I'm confused as feck, well except for Kinganatti who will probably obsessively hate anyone who gets the gig. :P

The majority want Naismith, give him the job. Knows the squad, he’s a winner, had a small stint to show what he can do and, imo he done enough to get the job. 

Naisys Tackle
41 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

I'm confused as feck, well except for Kinganatti who will probably obsessively hate anyone who gets the gig. :P

:lol: class. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
7 hours ago, Led Tasso said:

I voted for Marti but I don't know enough to feel strongly about it. I'm unconvinced by Naismith and Marti seems a bit more like what I hoped we'd go for. I'm very glad the board are considering both.

I think if Cifuentes had been mentioned last season we’d all be having kittens wanting him in. But for 11 games with 5 players missing through high value sales (showing how important they were for the team) and injuries people have gone cool.

Look at the impact injuries have had on us recently.

He played Hans Elkinsson’s laddie last year as a teenager and sold him for £5m. So he gives youth a chance and looks to be able to play players to earn decent moves.

This may also mean that other clubs in Europe will pay attention to where he moves and keep an eye on how our players develop.

I would ideally like Cifuentes with Naismith. Would be a perfect combo - obviously I don’t know if that is desired by anyone on the board and/or either of them.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Bongo 1874 said:

All very similar Naismith, Cifuentes,Stendel,can't argue tbh.

It's the style of play, we want.

We do not want stendels style of play, only you do.

5 hours ago, savage said:

He has just walked out faux and faun in Shandwick place.  I know he has mates here but just saying

I like old fashioned names for pubs, the new one are just stupid. The Queens Arms, The Green Tree, The Masons Arms, The Volunteer, those are proper pub names. 

part_time_jambo
19 hours ago, johnking123 said:

Kind of pointless poll. Pep could be 3rd choice 🤔.  

Agree. Almost as pointless as predicting who Hearts will get in a cup draw.

8 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

We'd of got absolutely destroyed in that derby after the red card if Stendal was the manager. Nothing like Naisy tbh. 

7 hours ago, savage said:

He has just walked out faux and faun in Shandwick place.  I know he has mates here but just saying

Thought he was getting the Reading gig? 

jamboinglasgow
9 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Its also good as it shows we have a plan, also helps with recruitment.

Rick Sanchez

Chris Wilder seems to be a done deal to Reading but hasn't been confirmed for a couple of days.

5 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Chris Wilder seems to be a done deal to Reading but hasn't been confirmed for a couple of days.

Supposedly has an offer from Reading but has stalled on it to look at all his options. Would be interesting if he has been up here for an interview this week and then out in Edinburgh last night. (Never know how good rumours are).  Would suggest that we could probably meet his financial requirements. 
Probably a lot of baloney though. 

Jim Panzee
12 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

We could appoint Knutsen and it could be a fail ,better a cheap fail than an expensive one.

Naismith is the ideal choice player's want him, Stendel would be cheap but a lot wouldn't want him,well I say a lot on here 😉

Safe bet is Naisy 👍.

From what I’ve heard not all players want him

Agentjambo
1 hour ago, Jim Panzee said:

Don’t tell the Naisy fanboys!

WheatfieldWarrior
14 hours ago, Led Tasso said:

Joint appointment with Warburton then.

Good to see them both link up with Rowles.

Hector Riva
13 hours ago, Gizmo said:

I'm Scottish

2 hours ago, Jim Panzee said:

Well let him know and he can punt them.👍

15 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Safe bet is Naisy 👍.

Yeah, if Naisy was Jon Daly or someone like that, I think this decision would be a lot tougher. Naisy is a highly regarded coach (Steve Clarke doesn't keep him around for sentimentality) but unlike Cathro he has the personality , charisma & strength of character to be successful IMO. I think this is one of those rare occasions where you're looking at as close to a full package as a club of our means will find. Only drawback is experience, but he got a baptism of fire with the split, and I'd say he did well. His team showed resilience in battling back against St Mirren & Rangers, and tactically he out did Johnson in the derby despite the latter having a man advantage for over an hour. 

2 hours ago, Jim Panzee said:

Any particular players? (not doubting you, but there is a big difference between key players like Shanks or fringe players like Grant). 

Let’s cut out the crap Hearts and give the Hearts support the man they want as manager. Naismith is by far the man that is wanted as manager so there would be no one to blame if it went wrong but our fans. But the fans are better judges than anyone else associated with Hearts so my message to the Board and Ann Budge, McKinley, Savage & Gordon our Kitman is Get On With It.

4 hours ago, Rick Sanchez said:

What we up against I'm terms of madness and wages.

Screenshot_20230603_145207_Chrome.jpg

52 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Let’s cut out the crap Hearts and give the Hearts support the man they want as manager. Naismith is by far the man that is wanted as manager so there would be no one to blame if it went wrong but our fans. But the fans are better judges than anyone else associated with Hearts so my message to the Board and Ann Budge, McKinley, Savage & Gordon our Kitman is Get On With It.

Careful Mitch you are doing yourself a dis-service if you want Naismith. The fans all wanted Cathro and Stendel and look how that turned out.  Budge and co gave Neilson two chances and both were successful albeit second spell ended badly in last few months. Based on decisions since coming out of admin the Board have a better track record of choosing managers . 

3 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Careful Mitch you are doing yourself a dis-service if you want Naismith. The fans all wanted Cathro and Stendel and look how that turned out.  Budge and co gave Neilson two chances and both were successful albeit second spell ended badly in last few months. Based on decisions since coming out of admin the Board have a better track record of choosing managers . 

The board chose all our managers and the fans chose none. Their record since admin is one success (twice) and three failures. Let’s not massage the facts to blame the fans.

Edited by GinRummy

Gundermann
15 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

I think if Cifuentes had been mentioned last season we’d all be having kittens wanting him in. But for 11 games with 5 players missing through high value sales (showing how important they were for the team) and injuries people have gone cool.

Look at the impact injuries have had on us recently.

He played Hans Elkinsson’s laddie last year as a teenager and sold him for £5m. So he gives youth a chance and looks to be able to play players to earn decent moves.

This may also mean that other clubs in Europe will pay attention to where he moves and keep an eye on how our players develop.

I would ideally like Cifuentes with Naismith. Would be a perfect combo - obviously I don’t know if that is desired by anyone on the board and/or either of them.

Would not be averse to this.

16 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Levein wanted Cathro most fans only heard about this guy through CL. Stendel was a lot better than Levein and he was on track to get us out of Levein’s mess when Covid ended the league. Yes Stendel did well in the time he was at Hearts coming in cold as he did. The best decision for Hearts is Naisy not some name who flits from one job to another.

23 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

The board chose all our managers and the fans chose none. Their record since admin is one success (twice) and three failures. Let’s not massage the facts to blame the fans.

I never suggested they don’t.  All I was saying was that the appointments that fans were wetting themselves over in recent times have been failures whereas the unexpected appointments, and not fully fan supported appointments, the Board made have been the more successful ones. 

Naismith can make Hearts great again that means playing attractive, attacking football and winning trophies. Isn’t that what we all want ?

4 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Levein wanted Cathro most fans only heard about this guy through CL. Stendel was a lot better than Levein and he was on track to get us out of Levein’s mess when Covid ended the league. Yes Stendel did well in the time he was at Hearts coming in cold as he did. The best decision for Hearts is Naisy not some name who flits from one job to another.

No, we had tried to get Cathro before Neilson first time so he was well known to the fans   Stendel was a complete failure. 

2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

I never suggested they don’t.  All I was saying was that the appointments that fans were wetting themselves over in recent times have been failures whereas the unexpected appointments, and not fully fan supported appointments, the Board made have been the more successful ones. 

Another way of looking at previous appointments is that the ones that were unknown quantities failed whereas the known quantities fared better. 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Naismith/McAvoy/Forrest confirmed as management team - contracted to 2025 (title updated)