Naismith/McAvoy/Forrest confirmed as management team - contracted to 2025 (title updated)

kingantti1874

Naismith, Cifuentes, Someone Else  

589 members have voted

1. 1. So who is your preference

• Steven Naismith
    • Marti Cifuentes
    • Someone else (name them)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Naisys Tackle

• Tom Hardy’s Dug

• Ricardo Quaresma

kingantti1874
8 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Hi Stevie 

moved threads now you’ve been chased out of the other one 

what a career this guy has had.  

Youth career
  Sant Cugat
Senior career*
Years Team Apps (Gls)
  Mirasol    
2009–2010 Sant Quirze    
Managerial career
2013–2014 Rubí
2014 Sant Andreu
2015–2016 Hospitalet
2018–2020 Sandefjord
2021–2022 AaB
2022– Hammarby IF

kingantti1874
6 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Kind of pointless poll. Pep could be 3rd choice 🤔.  

not really pointless. 2 names at least public so valid to get a gauge on how the fans feel.  If you don’t think it should be either of them then share a view. Realistic or not

Naismith for me. Have been impressed by his man management skills and determination. It's a huge opportunity for him and I suspect he realises that. 

He's not going to be perfect but there's no candidate anywhere who is. 

He has knowledge of the players and can get us off to a flyer. 

Get in an experienced no 2, hopefully with defensive experience, and we have a decent balance.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, PapaShango said:

Phil Neville also been sacked! Wouldn't touch him with a barge pole either. 

Would rather have Tracy Neville tbh

Anyone but Naismith he is not the man to take our club forward, inexperienced and bang average look where the b team finished in their league, if we appoint Naismith full time we will be a laughing stock, we will be out Europe at first hurdle, out all cups by February and finishing bottom 6 he has no experience his highest position has been manager of bottom half lowland league side, we should take Callum Elliott/ Colin Nish, they finished much higher than Naismith in that league with a much smaller squad, worse training facilities etc. Just shows lack of ambition from the club and the weakness in our recruitment team that the 3rd biggest club in Scotland needs to recruit their reserve manager because why? Less of a risk? Cheaper Option? 

Go for it 1308

2 minutes ago, TrueJambo said:

Anyone but Naismith he is not the man to take our club forward, inexperienced and bang average look where the b team finished in their league, if we appoint Naismith full time we will be a laughing stock, we will be out Europe at first hurdle, out all cups by February and finishing bottom 6 he has no experience his highest position has been manager of bottom half lowland league side, we should take Callum Elliott/ Colin Nish, they finished much higher than Naismith in that league with a much smaller squad, worse training facilities etc. Just shows lack of ambition from the club and the weakness in our recruitment team that the 3rd biggest club in Scotland needs to recruit their reserve manager because why? Less of a risk? Cheaper Option? 

Hi Robbie 

kingantti1874
6 minutes ago, TrueJambo said:

Stopped reading when you mentioned  where the B team finished . 

another poster to be ignored 

Not voted yet. I don’t know enough about Cifuentes. Seems an odd pick (after a quick look) but the board must see something in him to interview him so we’ll see what happens.  

Edited by GinRummy

Rick Sanchez

I'd like to see a Naismith team with his own signings tbh, especially the CM's and CB's.

I think he'd have us attacking and solid.

I'm quite set on Naismith as he already knows the club, the youngsters who've signed new deals, the players who want to stay are buying into his methods, he's got experience being a top player and is now involved as a coach with the Scotland set up.

There's risk going with anyone. Naismith feels a good fit right now.

9 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Not voted yet. I don’t know enough about Cifuentes. Seems an odd pick (after a quick look) but the board must see something in him to interview him so we’ll see what happens.  

Where I'm at.  Can someone summarise the positives with Marti, who knows what he's about?

Horatio Caine
28 minutes ago, TrueJambo said:

So Colin  Nish for Hibs when wee Lee gets emptied? Would that suit you?

Kris Doolan for the someone else option. 

:disguise:

Naisy first option for me.  Cifuentes has a good looking coaching pedigree, has some experience managing compared to Naisy.   I'm unsure if its the best option.  It's an interesting prospect however. 

Edited by HMFC01

16 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Stopped reading when you mentioned  where the B team finished . 

another poster to be ignored 

Blinkers for naisy will do that to you, do you reckon if Ange leaves tic that he'll be replaced by the Celtic b team manager? Would any spl club replace their manager with the reserve coach? This time last season we were talking about consistent 3rd place regular Euro group stages finally challenge the OF etc. great ambitions fast forward 1 season and we're talking about taking on a rookie reserve coach to take us forward that's not very ambitious, and just for stat purposes the last 2 rookie managers hearts have gambled on have been sacked by the club, I have more coaching experience than Naismith, you wouldn't hire me though and I'd cost half the money😉

2 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

Kris Doolan for the someone else option. 

:disguise:

Naisy first option for me.  Cifuentes has a good looking coaching pedigree, has some experience managing compared to Naisy.   I'm unsure if its the best option.  It's an interesting prospect however. 

Very interesting watching Partick play in terms of the attacking play Naismith wants.

Partick promoted would be one of top achievements in Scottish football in last 30 years. 

3 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

So Colin  Nish for Hibs when wee Lee gets emptied? Would that suit you?

Hibs wouldn't lower their ambitions to take a lowland league manager to first team and lead them in Europe etc., but Colin Nish had a better season than Naismith with arguably a worse squad

hughesie27

That first half v St Mirren was diabolical. Ridiculous free kick before the 2nd goal aside. 

kingantti1874
2 minutes ago, TrueJambo said:

Blinkers for naisy will do that to you, do you reckon if Ange leaves tic that he'll be replaced by the Celtic b team manager? Would any spl club replace their manager with the reserve coach? This time last season we were talking about consistent 3rd place regular Euro group stages finally challenge the OF etc. great ambitions fast forward 1 season and we're talking about taking on a rookie reserve coach to take us forward that's not very ambitious, and just for stat purposes the last 2 rookie managers hearts have gambled on have been sacked by the club, I have more coaching experience than Naismith, you wouldn't hire me though and I'd cost half the money😉

You’ve coached the scotland national team, hearts B and the first team ? No I don’t think you have.  

expericne is overrated.  Look at our management choices over the last 40 years

9 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

You’ve coached the scotland national team, hearts B and the first team ? No I don’t think you have.  

Took Wrexham from national League to prem in 4 seasons, 4 manager of the year awards, an fa trophy and fa cup semi finalist and not a single trip to Vegas

kingantti1874
8 minutes ago, TrueJambo said:

Took Wrexham from national League to prem in 4 seasons, 4 manager of the year awards, an fa trophy and fa cup semi finalist and not a single trip to Vegas

Champ manager ? 

Arthur Morgan

Yeah as someone said, if between just these two then Naismith for me. I would prefer we go for neither, though.

GorgieFifeLife
51 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

You pumping Naismith or something?  Go and lay down in a darkened room and chill out.

Fozzyonthefence
1 hour ago, TrueJambo said:

Clueless. 

LarrysRightFoot

Having read the stuff regards Cifuentes record (I know records can change/be improved) in the article I’d much prefer to go with Naismith. 

People talk about an experienced manager not being as much of a gamble but to me Cifuentes sounds like more of a gamble. 

Fozzyonthefence
20 minutes ago, Arthur Morgan said:

Yeah as someone said, if between just these two then Naismith for me. I would prefer we go for neither, though.

Surely that would depend who the other candidates are?  

Fozzyonthefence

Aberdeen and Motherwell both replaced their managers with assistants this season.  Worked out rather well for both of them didn’t it?

LarrysRightFoot
1 hour ago, hughesie27 said:

That first half v St Mirren was diabolical. Ridiculous free kick before the 2nd goal aside. 

Every manager we’ve had (even Burley in the cup v Livi) have had those level of performances. 

12 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Aberdeen and Motherwell both replaced their managers with assistants this season.  Worked out rather well for both of them didn’t it?

So give the job to Forrest then

kingantti1874
27 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

You pumping Naismith or something?  Go and lay down in a darkened room and chill out.

Have I said something that isn’t entirely calm, factual or rational. 

the poster doesn’t have more experience coaching than naismith. 

if people talk shite then that up to them.

if it’s cifuentes I’ll be behind him 100%.  

that ok with yourself boss? 

GorgieFifeLife
6 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Have I said something that isn’t entirely calm, factual or rational. 

the poster doesn’t have more experience coaching than naismith. 

if people talk shite then that up to them.

if it’s cifuentes I’ll be behind him 100%.  

that ok with yourself boss? 

You just seem to have an irrational need to defend Naismith at every turn.   It’s only your opinion that people are talking shite so yes you are not being factual in that sense.

kingantti1874
12 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

You just seem to have an irrational need to defend Naismith at every turn.   It’s only your opinion that people are talking shite so yes you are not being factual in that sense.

The previous poster said and I quote “I’ve more experience coaching than naismith” 

So no, that isn’t just my opinion. That is shite.  If the posters has don’t something more relevant than coaching hearts for 7 games, coaching out B team for a season or coaching the Scotland squad I’ll gladly apologise. 

I think you and I both know that’s not going to happen.  

colinmorewasgash

And I thought he was your mate Lockey lol.

Lone Striker

imo, the biggest factor in favour of Naisy isn't the encouraging performances and 6 points his team has picked up post-split.  Its what he highlighted in the interview with Banderson the other day - mentality of the players not being anywhere near good enough.    I like that.     

Naisy's a winner, which is one reason why Steve Clarke has brought him into the Scotland coaching team.     If the board are as ambitious for success on the park as he is, they'd be mad not to offer him the job.

colinmorewasgash

Alex Neil isn't popular with stoke fans or board a poor start if he lasts that long he will be gone soon. Just saying.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Naismith/McAvoy/Forrest confirmed as management team - contracted to 2025 (title updated)