Naismith/McAvoy/Forrest confirmed as management team - contracted to 2025 (title updated)

kingantti1874

Naismith, Cifuentes, Someone Else  

589 members have voted

1. 1. So who is your preference

• Steven Naismith
    • Marti Cifuentes
    • Someone else (name them)

This poll is closed to new votes

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

I get good vibes from both of them.

Nothing more concrete than good vibes.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Naisys Tackle

• Tom Hardy’s Dug

• Ricardo Quaresma

Nerja Jambo
1 hour ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Aberdeen and Motherwell both replaced their managers with assistants this season.  Worked out rather well for both of them didn’t it?

And I'll bet both clubs next season will do no more than they normally do. 

merseyjambo

I’ve gone for Naismith but I’m only about 90% in on him.

My preferred option would have been Kieran McKenna but with Ipswich getting promoted, we have zero chance of getting him.

Naismith, I like his enthusiasm, he doesn’t pull any punches in the media, he seems to have a system that the players have bought into, the way he seems to have got a tune out of some players that the previous manager didn’t and I think with his own mark on team in terms of signings, he will move the club forward. Also believe he won’t be afraid to give youth a chance. The negatives, his lack of top flight coaching experience.

@kingantti1874love your passion for Naisy but not sure you can use the playing/coaching career of Cifuentes as a stick to beat him with. Potter, the English lad at Reims, Thomas Tuchel and even Mourinho didn’t have much of a playing career.  Potter started managing at a University team.

If he gets appointed I’ll back Cifuentes but think that in a lot of ways he’s a bigger gamble than Naismith. To get him and his back room staff in will cost us the thick end of 1m in first year (compensation and salary). He’s going to assess players based on video evidence and them coming back into training and make recruitment decisions based on that. If it goes wrong and he cannot adapt to Scottish football, as some foreign coaches have been unable to do, Paul le Glen anyone, we are left looking at another hefty pay off bill while still paying off the previous manager (unless he gets another job). I don’t imagine Cifuentes would be unemployed for too long but it would leave us in the position of paying out more compensation to get another candidate as I can’t see SN hanging around if he doesn’t get it and can’t really imagine Cifuentes wanting one of his rivals for job on his coaching staff.

1 minute ago, Nerja Jambo said:

And I'll bet both clubs next season will do no more than they normally do. 

What! That’s not the point, they were on track to do considerably worse than they normally do, then they changed their managers.  

It had better be Naismith or I'm gonna scream & scream & scream the place down. Now get on with it Hearts it's only 25 days from our players returning for the pre season training.

kingantti1874
2 minutes ago, merseyjambo said:

I’ve gone for Naismith but I’m only about 90% in on him.

My preferred option would have been Kieran McKenna but with Ipswich getting promoted, we have zero chance of getting him.

Naismith, I like his enthusiasm, he doesn’t pull any punches in the media, he seems to have a system that the players have bought into, the way he seems to have got a tune out of some players that the previous manager didn’t and I think with his own mark on team in terms of signings, he will move the club forward. Also believe he won’t be afraid to give youth a chance. The negatives, his lack of top flight coaching experience.

@kingantti1874love your passion for Naisy but not sure you can use the playing/coaching career of Cifuentes as a stick to beat him with. Potter, the English lad at Reims, Thomas Tuchel and even Mourinho didn’t have much of a playing career.  Potter started managing at a University team.

If he gets appointed I’ll back Cifuentes but think that in a lot of ways he’s a bigger gamble than Naismith. To get him and his back room staff in will cost us the thick end of 1m in first year (compensation and salary). He’s going to assess players based on video evidence and them coming back into training and make recruitment decisions based on that. If it goes wrong and he cannot adapt to Scottish football, as some foreign coaches have been unable to do, Paul le Glen anyone, we are left looking at another hefty pay off bill while still paying off the previous manager (unless he gets another job). I don’t imagine Cifuentes would be unemployed for too long but it would leave us in the position of paying out more compensation to get another candidate as I can’t see SN hanging around if he doesn’t get it and can’t really imagine Cifuentes wanting one of his rivals for job on his coaching staff.

good post and I agree with a lot of it.  As I’ve said if it’s cifuentes he will get my support 100%.  I’ll be honest his background for me puts to bed this point on experience. Mediocre experience isn’t worth that much imo .  McKenna would have been a good shout 

2 hours ago, Rick Sanchez said:

I'd like to see a Naismith team with his own signings tbh, especially the CM's and CB's.

I think he'd have us attacking and solid.

Unfortunately he gets Savage’s signings. 

Bad Religion
3 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Unfortunately he gets Savage’s signings. 

At least they won't be Robbie's signings.

Just now, been here before said:

A poll about the manager. Just what the board needs.

If by board you mean the Hearts board then you are probably right :ninja:

Just now, Bad Religion said:

At least they won't be Robbie's signings.

Don’t you like Shankland and Kingsley? 

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Happy with Naisy. We're no getting a good manager with experience. Would rather we just develop our own.

A_A wehatethehibs
1 minute ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

Happy with Naisy. We're no getting a good manager with experience. Would rather we just develop our own.

We could get an experienced manager of course we could.

Here's an idea we could Bring Back a certain former top Hearts manager

a man who got us in Europe and achieved history for our club

yes of course we all know the man I am talking about, a beloved figure 

a man who achieved the finest style of football Tynecastle has ever seen, the man needs no introduction…. 

Bring Back Csaba Laszlo 

Top manager who recently finished high up in the EPL (no spoilers!) has just become available...

gu2WvJOu_400x400.jpg

kingantti1874
45 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

a man who achieved the finest style of football Tynecastle has ever seen, the man needs no introduction…. 

Bring Back Csaba Laszlo 

you are having a ****ing laugh 😂 probably the biggest clown to manage the club. Talked absolute shite, defensive as **** and massively underachieved with one of the most talented hearts teams in decades then hunted from Dundee United for running them into the ground.

id 100% hand back my season ticket.  Robbo should have booted that ***** a lot harder than he did. 

I actually detested him

Watt-Zeefuik

I voted for Marti but I don't know enough to feel strongly about it. I'm unconvinced by Naismith and Marti seems a bit more like what I hoped we'd go for. I'm very glad the board are considering both.

Jambof3tornado
4 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Not voted yet. I don’t know enough about Cifuentes. Seems an odd pick (after a quick look) but the board must see something in him to interview him so we’ll see what happens.  

This.

kingantti1874
1 hour ago, colinmorewasgash said:

Alex Neil isn't popular with stoke fans or board a poor start if he lasts that long he will be gone soon. Just saying.

£28k per week. 

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
57 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Bring Back Csaba Laszlo 

😂 Would rather give Naismith the job although I wouldn't be upset if he did make a return. 

Csaba could be his assistant if he wanted.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
12 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

you are having a ****ing laugh 😂 probably the biggest clown to manage the club. Talked absolute shite, defensive as **** and massively underachieved with one of the most talented hearts teams in decades then hunted from Dundee United for running them into the ground.

id 100% hand back my season ticket.  Robbo should have booted that ***** a lot harder than he did. 

I actually detested him

He meant Sergio :laugh:

kingantti1874
5 minutes ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

He meant Sergio :laugh:

thank god. 😂 everyone loves Paulo 

There are amazing hearts fans who liked csaba. 

Agentjambo
24 minutes ago, GBJambo said:

Whored himself to Aberdeen and they rejected him 🤣 

Naisy for me 

In what way did he whore himself?

johnking123
28 minutes ago, GBJambo said:

Whored himself to Aberdeen and they rejected him 🤣 

Naisy for me 

Yes  they got Goodwin instead. Was going well with him from what I remember 😄

johnking123

We are about to have the biggest budget for playing squad since the Vladimir years.  We are rightfully looking at all the options.

Just now, johnking123 said:

We are about to have the biggest budget for playing squad since the Vladimir years.  We are rightfully looking at all the options.

We need to pull off a coup …………. Announce Rebecca Loos 

Bazzas right boot
13 minutes ago, Sooks said:

A dream team combo of @Bongo 1874 , @Bazzas right boot and @Pasquale for King for me . A triumvirate of terror . Fighting in the dressing room and a return to the chaos of the Vlad Romanov days … failing that George Burley 

Not interested. 

I'm after the R Madrid job.

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

We need to do no such thing!

johnking123
5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Beckham backing her to the hilt I'm sure

tartofmidlothian
5 hours ago, stuart500 said:

Naismith for me. Have been impressed by his man management skills and determination. It's a huge opportunity for him and I suspect he realises that. 

He's not going to be perfect but there's no candidate anywhere who is. 

He has knowledge of the players and can get us off to a flyer. 

Get in an experienced no 2, hopefully with defensive experience, and we have a decent balance.

Agree. He knows the club, knows the players, knows the fans, he can hit the ground running without the need for a Stendel style rebuild. 

I've seen nothing that says our nearest rivals at Aberdeen and Hibs have better managers.

I'm suggesting a wee musical time-out.

Never a truer phrase - and with a bit of Scottish football nostalgia to boot - 

🎵🎶🎵

We're going to Argentine,

Que Sera, Sera ...

🎵🎶🎵

Did Colin Nish not just get done for smacking his wife about?

Edinburgh crime: Former Hibs stars Jordon Forster and Colin Nish in court separately accused of attacking their partners

Former Easter Road stars appeared on different dates
Edited by Imaman

5 hours ago, TrueJambo said:

Anyone but Naismith he is not the man to take our club forward, inexperienced and bang average look where the b team finished in their league, if we appoint Naismith full time we will be a laughing stock, we will be out Europe at first hurdle, out all cups by February and finishing bottom 6 he has no experience his highest position has been manager of bottom half lowland league side, we should take Callum Elliott/ Colin Nish, they finished much higher than Naismith in that league with a much smaller squad, worse training facilities etc. Just shows lack of ambition from the club and the weakness in our recruitment team that the 3rd biggest club in Scotland needs to recruit their reserve manager because why? Less of a risk? Cheaper Option? 

Seriously? 

:gok:

I genuinely hope that you’re a Hibby on the wind up, and not a Jambo that’s being serious :rofl:

Edited by iantjambo

I learn toward Naismith.

But if Cifuentes wants to come in and supplement the current Australia pipeline and have talented young Scandinavians running around Tynecastle?

:pleasing:

Famous 1874

I assume Naisys predicted style of play mirrors that of Cifuentes? 

If not then we have a potential identify crisis and are not effective at finding suitable candidates.

Captain Canada

Big Sam is back on the market...

Seriously though, I'm a bit surprised there haven't been more names linked with us. 

If Naismith doesn't get the job, I'm sure he'll be away to find an opportunity elsewhere. He said himself he's ready to be a manager now and has shown he's got a clear playing style he's ready to implement. 

It’s going to be Naismith, no matter how many variations of polls held on here the board will appoint him as they’ve no one else, not looked for anyone else and have no intention of doing so.

kingantti1874
17 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

If Naiclue doesn’t get this, someone look in on KingAntti every half hour pls 

😂 I’ll be waiting with the big ****ing “I told you so” thread somewhere down the line when Spanish Marti pellow is fired and naisy takes Kilmarnock into the group stages.  

6 hours ago, TrueJambo said:

Anyone but Naismith he is not the man to take our club forward, inexperienced and bang average look where the b team finished in their league, if we appoint Naismith full time we will be a laughing stock, we will be out Europe at first hurdle, out all cups by February and finishing bottom 6 he has no experience his highest position has been manager of bottom half lowland league side, we should take Callum Elliott/ Colin Nish, they finished much higher than Naismith in that league with a much smaller squad, worse training facilities etc. Just shows lack of ambition from the club and the weakness in our recruitment team that the 3rd biggest club in Scotland needs to recruit their reserve manager because why? Less of a risk? Cheaper Option? 

Sorry but I couldn't resist entertaining this.

So Naismith has no experience? Did you not see how he turned a flat looking side into a team that played on the front foot and absolutely battered Ross County and were on top of Celtic until the red? Also had us battle with 10men for 70 mins against a side trying their hardest to leapfrog us.

But forget all that and go for 2 less experienced managers because they finished higher with B teams? 

Also you do realise that although we are of course the 3rd biggest club, the side that finished 3rd in the end actually appointed someone who ticks all those boxes you have pointed out as negatives?

Not saying Naismith will be perfect by any means but your reasons for not giving it a go are strange.

This isn't another Cathro - anyone can see he can get these players playing.

Naismith ALL DAY LONG.

he gets us and loves the club and has proved in very difficult games (with reds etc) that he has what it takes. His football is refreshing and he deserves a shot. 
Rather have him than another expensive mistake.

Its all a gamble but he’s had a great dress rehearsal for me. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
12 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

😂 I’ll be waiting with the big ****ing “I told you so” thread somewhere down the line when Spanish Marti pellow is fired and naisy takes Kilmarnock into the group stages.  

Spanish Marti Pellow :lol:

Touche, well played 👏

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Naismith/McAvoy/Forrest confirmed as management team - contracted to 2025 (title updated)