Naismith/McAvoy/Forrest confirmed as management team - contracted to 2025 (title updated)

kingantti1874

Naismith, Cifuentes, Someone Else  

589 members have voted

1. 1. So who is your preference

• Steven Naismith
    • Marti Cifuentes
    • Someone else (name them)

This poll is closed to new votes

Kyle Lafferty HoMSC
1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

he is though. He’s a bit of a nobody with a pretty patchy record.   When the going gets tough will this guy get the respect from our dressing room? 

no chance 

I think it depends...if he gets off to a good start and the players buy in to what he wants to do and can see how things may work out then I think they will respect him.

Equally though if he can't get his ideas across properly and we crash out of Europe at the first hurdle it will be an uphill battle to win over fans and players.

Also worth saying that a number of this squad are clearly chicken hearted and totally downed tools for Neilson by the end so that is a worry.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Naisys Tackle

• Tom Hardy’s Dug

• Ricardo Quaresma

Agentjambo
2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Near wet myself the other day when you regurgitated stories widely available in the media then pretended to have contacts at the club.  Almost as funny as when you pretended to know all about cifuentes telling everyone to go research him as if you are some expert.

absolute rocket of a poster 

I pray 🙏🏻 for the hard of thinking 💭.

The Old Tolbooth

The Spanish Liam Fox would be a much more horrible appointment than Naisy in my book, he's done absolutely nothing of any note to get the job at Hearts for me. 

kingantti1874
Just now, Kyle Lafferty HoMSC said:

I think it depends...if he gets off to a good start and the players buy in to what he wants to do and can see how things may work out then I think they will respect him.

Equally though if he can't get his ideas across properly and we crash out of Europe at the first hurdle it will be an uphill battle to win over fans and players.

Also worth saying that a number of this squad are clearly chicken hearted and totally downed tools for Neilson by the end so that is a worry.

It certainly is.  Naisy has shown he can deal with them, and also if they are not pulling weight he will drop them.  

honestky the prospect of hiring this Spanish guy terrifies me.  It won’t work 

Just now, kingantti1874 said:

already in the building.

1-got us playing the right way -

2-the players bought into what he asked clearly

3-made a number of big calls (snodgrass, Humph, dropped Barrie Mackay, didn’t get smith on for sentimental reasons)

4-has played at a great level and been coached by top managers

5-is currently part of the most successful Scotland coaching team in 25 years

6-is a rarity in the football community. He’s a very intelligent guy

7-he’s an absolute shithouse and scared of no one.

Or we could go for a random Spanish guy, with no football background of note, with a mixed at best record in Scandinavia, who’s current teams supporters seem happy to be rid off. Spanish Liam Fox IMO

1 - It wasn't difficult 

2 - After Neilson you could have sold them anything.

3 - Any one could see where the issues were. Smith being the exception to the rule. Getting old, injury prone. We are a football club it was time to let him go.

4 - Rookie manager.......Will have learn't from playing career.....However, we can't predict how good a manager he will become.  

5 - How much influence do you think he has with the Scotland squad?.......First person that Clarke will turn to?.....Again a learning process

6 - Wow!.......Cathro was off the scale when it came to intelligence.... nuff said.......Not sure that counts for much around the training ground / dressing room.

7 - Good point.....He'll need to be with some of the charlatans in our camp......Better watch his back.....

I'm not advocating any random Spanish guy, Norwegian, German whatever........What I'm saying is recruit someone with a. bit previous history who comes with a decent CV. There are lot's of more experienced managers than Naismith who likewise will have worked with some of the best coaches / managers in Europe 

I just don't believe that Hearts always have the next best thing at hand and always at the ready.

Agentjambo
1 minute ago, Hashimoto said:

1 - It wasn't difficult 

3 - Any one could see where the issues were. Smith being the exception to the rule. Getting old, injury prone. We are a football club it was time to let him go.

4 - Rookie manager.......Will have learn't from playing career.....However, we can't predict how good a manager he will become.  

5 - How much influence do you think he has with the Scotland squad?.......First person that Clarke will turn to?.....Again a learning process

6 - Wow!.......Cathro was off the scale when it came to intelligence.... nuff said.......Not sure that counts for much around the training ground / dressing room.

7 - Good point.....He'll need to be with some of the charlatans in our camp......Better watch his back.....

I'm not advocating any random Spanish guy, Norwegian, German whatever........What I'm saying is recruit someone with a. bit previous history who comes with a decent CV. There are lot's of more experienced managers than Naismith who likewise will have worked with some of the best coaches / managers in Europe 

I just don't believe that Hearts always have the next best thing at hand and always at the ready.

Great post from an intelligent person 👍

counting sheep
13 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

already in the building.

1-got us playing the right way

2-the players bought into what he asked clearly

3-made a number of big calls (snodgrass, Humph, dropped Barrie Mackay, didn’t get smith on for sentimental reasons)

4-has played at a great level and been coached by top managers

5-is currently part of the most successful Scotland coaching team in 25 years

6-is a rarity in the football community. He’s a very intelligent guy

7-he’s an absolute shithouse and scared of no one.

8-I don’t think it’s a coincidence some of our top young players have signed up and Gino seems more interested in finding a solution

Or we could go for a random Spanish guy, with no football background of note, with a mixed at best record in Scandinavia, who’s current teams supporters seem happy to be rid off. Spanish Liam Fox IMO

Number 6 is an absolute cracker 🤣

Did you see him completing the crossword in the Times one day on the bus?

Agentjambo
Just now, counting sheep said:

😂😂😂

Jambo in Bathgate
5 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Horrible? How do you know? What evidence do you have to back this up? Everything I've seen of Naisy so far has been very positive and is the complete opposite "a horrible decision" 

I just don't get how you or anyone can tarnish Naisy before he's been given a chance, it's batshit bonkers! 

I agree with this, there's definite promise in Naisy and I'd be delighted to see him get the chance with a one year rolling contract, because it gives Naisy the chance to cut his teeth, and it protects the club if it doesn't work out.

A one year rolling contract is the way to go. I’m sure Ange was on that with Celtic as was Brendan. 

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, Hashimoto said:

1 - It wasn't difficult 

neither do I. However maybe on this occasion we do. Cathro was intelligent, but communication skills were not there and neither was the respect required to lead dressing room. 

I don’t believe we can find an experienced manager who isn’t tarnished.  I’ve not heard one mentioned so far 

31 minutes ago, TrueJambo said:

We'll be back in this mess by Xmas with no manager except the 3rd choice backroom staff member whoever the new b team coach is horrible desicion if naisy gets job

Just confirms my theory that anyone who puts Jambo in their username is never in a million years a Hearts fan

kingantti1874
2 minutes ago, counting sheep said:

I’d hazard that he’d complete it quicker than you bud. 

Edited by kingantti1874

6 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

I pray 🙏🏻 for the hard of thinking 💭.

What pleasure do you get, coming on here with made up stories? Do you have a life??

counting sheep
1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

Are you his mum?

Agentjambo
Just now, kingantti1874 said:

Oh…here’s the insults coming,seems to be a bad habit when you can’t hold your own in a discussion.

Agentjambo
1 minute ago, XB52 said:

What pleasure do you get, coming on here with made up stories? Do you have a life??

Aye,a very happy one.Are you ok mate?

1 minute ago, XB52 said:

Just confirms my theory that anyone who puts Jambo in their username is never in a million years a Hearts fan

This thread has been good for outing several interlopers it is like a witch finder general thread attracts them like a moth to a flame.😍

Kyle Lafferty HoMSC

I think half the battle here and why folk are getting so worked up is the total lack of any actual names.

Cifuentes is the first one to come up since Fink linked himself.

Looking through lists of available coaches really isn't inspiring at all - the best Scottish option you're getting is Paul Lambert if we are looking for someone with experience.

Fingers crossed the board have a rabbit in the hat waiting to be announced

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, counting sheep said:

Are you his mum?

Right on time with a question which proves my point. 

kingantti1874
2 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Oh…here’s the insults coming,seems to be a bad habit when you can’t hold your own in a discussion.

Have either of you made a point worth debating, when are you going to start posting emoji’s fantasist ? 

Agentjambo
4 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Have either of you made a point worth debating, when are you going to start posting emoji’s fantasist ? 

Numerous times,you just start name calling like a wee wifey.

Just now, Agentjambo said:

You’re not big on self awareness eh. 😂

SN ticks every box in what we are looking for from our next manager, apart from his lack of managerial experience.

is it a deal breaker, or is it worth a gamble.

I’m for the latter, and it’s not an experiment as I see it, and I’ll imagine he’d relish the job, and who’s not to say that he’s already sounded out Steve Clark for advice over the last few weeks, and in the future if he gets it.

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, Agentjambo said:

you and your pal claimed naismith wasn’t intelligent through emoji’s.  I don’t think many would agree with you but there you are.

I don’t call you or anyone else names, I state facts.  You tell lies !! Thus you are a fantasist 

17 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Mince!

Ange of the list of possibilities now he is  of to Spurs. Mhanks job vacant now may change our lust of possibilities! 

Agentjambo
3 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

you and your pal claimed naismith wasn’t intelligent through emoji’s.  I don’t think many would agree with you but there you are.

I don’t call you or anyone else names, I state facts.  You tell lies !! Thus you are a fantasist 

What age are you?

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, Agentjambo said:

What age are you?

Old enough to not pretend to be something I’m not. Do you have a point beyond..

1.Naismith isn’t intelligent

2.random emoji’s 

or widely available media articles you parented were shared to you by someone at the club 

that we can debate? 

HMFC Board must do better in Managerial selection than consistently look inwardly as the progressive solution does not lie there.

Pans Jambo
25 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Sook it!

28 minutes ago, Hashimoto said:

1 - It wasn't difficult 

This is my thoughts I never said about anyone my opinions are that Naismith is not ready to lead heart of Midlothian football club, his manager record alone shows that, it's very unambitious promoting a young manager instead of going out getting the experienced manager needed and was promised

kingantti1874
3 minutes ago, hmfc1440 said:

HMFC Board must do better in Managerial selection than consistently look inwardly as the progressive solution does not lie there.

just daft because it might.  Daft to go externally just for the sake of it

Edited by kingantti1874

Naismith may not have any managerial experience but he's definitely got experience to call upon having played 98 games for Rangers, 103 in the EPL for Everton before 44 for Norwich. Working as a coach for one of the most successful Scotland teams in recent memory. 

I'd rather take a punt on Naismith based on what i've seen of the team so far, which isnt his team, and the calibre of the alternatives, none of whom seem to have as much playing experience at a high level as Naismith

On 04/06/2023 at 21:51, OldGorgie said:

Fairly obvious that Budge is the main problem. She saved Hearts and deserves the plaudits for that but she has a long history of dithering with important decisions. 

It's not obvious at all. 

It is a board decision. 

Honestly agentjambo and kingantti need to get a room like bickering like husband and wife for a week, both clueless aswell just constant digs at each other or other members no intelligence between them

2 minutes ago, MrBones said:

Naismith may not have any managerial experience but he's definitely got experience to call upon having played 98 games for Rangers, 103 in the EPL for Everton before 44 for Norwich. Working as a coach for one of the most successful Scotland teams in recent memory. 

I'd rather take a punt on Naismith based on what i've seen of the team so far, which isnt his team, and the calibre of the alternatives, none of whom seem to have as much playing experience at a high level as Naismith

Playing experience and management experience is totally different can't use this as comparison

Kyle Lafferty HoMSC

Naismith has a points per game of 1.29. Over a 38 game season that is 49.02 so 49 points. That would have us: 

22/23 - 6th (7th if not for split)

21/22 - 3rd

20/21 - 5th 

18/19 - 9th 

17/18 - 6th 

16/17 - 5th 

15/16 - 6th 

Appreciate that it's not his squad etc but not exactly earth shattering

Not sure if already mentioned but what about Nick Montgomery at Central Coaster Mariners. Has done a great job over here, has a bit of a presence about him, took no shit as a player too iirc.

kingantti1874
5 minutes ago, TrueJambo said:

Honestly agentjambo and kingantti need to get a room like bickering like husband and wife for a week, both clueless aswell just constant digs at each other or other members no intelligence between them

Don’t think I’ve done anything other than make my case and call out a poster who’s a well known troll. 

You are new here I see. In time you will see.

cheers 

Ok so naisy works under the Scotland manager so did Austin McPhee and he's got years more coaching experience than naisy, but wasn't offered the job, even John carver would be the better choice 

5 minutes ago, TrueJambo said:

Playing experience and management experience is totally different can't use this as comparison

The majority of successful managers have been experienced players havent they? And as I said, Scotland doing pretty well and he's a coach with the national team. A team full of experienced players who seem to respect him

kingantti1874
3 minutes ago, Kyle Lafferty HoMSC said:

Naismith has a points per game of 1.29. Over a 38 game season that is 49.02 so 49 points. That would have us: 

22/23 - 6th (7th if not for split)

21/22 - 3rd

20/21 - 5th 

18/19 - 9th 

17/18 - 6th 

16/17 - 5th 

15/16 - 6th 

Appreciate that it's not his squad etc but not exactly earth shattering

you’ve taken the top 6 fixtures and applied that across the season. With no context? 

A better comparison would be against our previous top 6 points haul.

Kyle Lafferty HoMSC
1 minute ago, TrueJambo said:

Ok so naisy works under the Scotland manager so did Austin McPhee and he's got years more coaching experience than naisy, but wasn't offered the job, even John carver would be the better choice 

Think with that shout its time you went for a lie down

John Carver ffs

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Naismith/McAvoy/Forrest confirmed as management team - contracted to 2025 (title updated)