Hearts in Europe: 23/24 : v Rosenborg - Away leg on Hearts ppv ( updated )

Waterboy

33 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Hibs get the Andorran team

Aye but they still haven't confirmed which team will be at home first- could leave them 6 days to organise flights and hotels- good luck with that 

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ricardo Quaresma

• JimmyCant

• Waterboy

• Luckies1874

The Treasurer
4 minutes ago, bigdav said:

Aye but they still haven't confirmed which team will be at home first- could leave them 6 days to organise flights and hotels- good luck with that 

Forgetting the fact that it's the wee team, this proves that Uefa and any other governing body don't give a shit about travelling fans 

davemclaren
1 hour ago, The Treasurer said:

Forgetting the fact that it's the wee team, this proves that Uefa and any other governing body don't give a shit about travelling fans 

Indeed. 

Not quite on topic but it is now finally confirmed that Scotland retains the guaranteed Conference League group place in 2024-25. Interestingly, the 4th Scottish place will be in Europa League qualifying instead on Conference League qualifying, which means winning 2 games out of 3 instead of 2 out of 2 for a group place.

https://kassiesa.net/uefa/AccessList2024.html

1 minute ago, Flimsy said:

Not quite on topic but it is now finally confirmed that Scotland retains the guaranteed Conference League group place in 2024-25. Interestingly, the 4th Scottish place will be in Europa League qualifying instead on Conference League qualifying, which means winning 2 games out of 3 instead of 2 out of 2 for a group place.

https://kassiesa.net/uefa/AccessList2024.html

Failing to finish third again would be a disaster then. Good news though.

Ricardo Quaresma
1 hour ago, DB-14 said:

Here we go…

IMG_5286.png

Doesn't that confirm that the sh!te are home first?

Cluj could be out there if they're in a mess; we don't want that; we want Cluj in the 3rd round, to take their seeding

They're playing a turkish team; away in turkey for the decider

5 hours ago, DB-14 said:

Here we go…

IMG_5286.png

hopefully we get Arouca or Vitoria Guimaraes wouldn’t mind a trip to Portugal

6 hours ago, DB-14 said:

Here we go…

IMG_5286.png

Starting to feel real now. A few names we'd absolutely want to avoid but a couple of potentially winnable ties. Alot of luck needed in not only the draw but a few of the ties as well.

Ricardo Quaresma

Any team from Cluj down to Viktoria

Get them

Beat them

Seeded in the play-off round

Wouldn't want any team above Cluj; cowardly referee territory

I can see a couple of upsets in the lower half of the seeded team draw. Reckon with a bit of luck we could easily get paired with an easier tie than many suspect (if some of the larger names get hoofed out!)

Chuck Berry

Winnable games there, the problem is we only have two games between now and the first leg, and one is a friendly.

We're not exactly going to be upto speed and not much time for new signings (ha!) to integrate.

Mr Elwood P
8 minutes ago, sprinbox98 said:

I can see a couple of upsets in the lower half of the seeded team draw. Reckon with a bit of luck we could easily get paired with an easier tie than many suspect (if some of the larger names get hoofed out!)

Be funny if we get into the groups after all. Actually earn more money by having two play off games instead of one....

Ricardo Quaresma

It seems, actually, like the teams on the left of the pairings, are the seeded teams

It sure looks like the list before the draw, so, does anyone have the Official Draw?

5 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

It seems, actually, like the teams on the left of the pairings, are the seeded teams

It sure looks like the list before the draw, so, does anyone have the Official Draw?

They are.

Ricardo Quaresma
2 minutes ago, Flimsy said:

They are.

Official Draw on Monday, from UEFA site

-

Edited by Ricardo Quaresma

The Old Tolbooth

There's been some proper chock results this week throughout the Euro comps, but I think the biggest one was Ferencvaros losing 0-3 at home to Klaksvik of the Faroes after drawing the first leg 1-1, that's a warning to everyone that teams can't be taken lightly at all, and there's no easy games, but it's also refreshing for ourselves because it gives us hope of being the unseeded team that progress can be made. 

Edited by The Old Tolbooth

bringonthesevco
On 06/06/2023 at 09:56, Harry Potter said:

Look at some big teams we have overcome in the past FC Basel, 1-0 , Bayern Munich 1-0, Atletico Madrid 2-1, 

Slavia Prague, 4-2 and my fav game Loco Leipzig 5-1.

We need to be more positive going in to games against teams i regard beatable ,FC  Zurich was one.

Slightly misleading, we didn't really overcome Bayern or Atletico - i definitely remember them both going through and us going out !!!

Ricardo Quaresma

So, our first home game may be put back to the Sunday; UEFA show that 2nd rnd games are 27th, which is Thursday, but games are nevertheless scheduled for the 2 preceding days, so they're only telling us the final day of the 3

So, if the pattern continues, we could be playing on Tue, Wed or Thursday, the 8th, 9th or 10th of August

Surely a Sunday home game against killie if we get Wednesday or Thursday and how about a Friday night game in perth if we have to play on Tuesday 8th of August?

1 hour ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

So, our first home game may be put back to the Sunday; UEFA show that 2nd rnd games are 27th, which is Thursday, but games are nevertheless scheduled for the 2 preceding days, so they're only telling us the final day of the 3

So, if the pattern continues, we could be playing on Tue, Wed or Thursday, the 8th, 9th or 10th of August

Surely a Sunday home game against killie if we get Wednesday or Thursday and how about a Friday night game in perth if we have to play on Tuesday 8th of August?

Good point about games not always being a Thursday. Something to keep in mind before anyone books flights etc. Just wait on official confirmation 

Ricardo Quaresma
1 minute ago, FionaHmfc said:

Good point about games not always being a Thursday. Something to keep in mind before anyone books flights etc. Just wait on official confirmation 

Yes, you'll have to, pal

No way of knowing until then

1 minute ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Yes, you'll have to, pal

No way of knowing until then

Might get some official confirmation beforehand as Hibs knew in advance of their draw what days they’d be playing on. Maybe get some info over the weekend from UEFA

Harry Potter
1 hour ago, bringonthesevco said:

Slightly misleading, we didn't really overcome Bayern or Atletico - i definitely remember them both going through and us going out !!!

We certainly went through after beating Loco Leipzig 5-1 , one of my all time fav Hearts game.

Drew busby was superb that night, and the shed was rocking.

Was a feat in its self beating Bayern at Tynecastle.

7 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

We certainly went through after beating Loco Leipzig 5-1 , one of my all time fav Hearts game.

Drew busby was superb that night, and the shed was rocking.

Was a feat in its self beating Bayern at Tynecastle.

In terms of actually going through, Braga is the big one in more recent times. Brilliant result. Dnipro in the early 90's too.

I wouldn't be upset at drawing the likes of Arouca or Guimarães.

5 minutes ago, The jj era said:

Will the draw on Monday be televised? 

You'll get it live on Youtube i'm sure.

3 minutes ago, Homme said:

You'll get it live on Youtube i'm sure.

Cool. After last years rush for flights I’ll have easyjet ready in another window 

A_A wehatethehibs
14 hours ago, Japan Jambo said:

Not many diddy teams on the left of that sheet, on our day though plenty we can take a run at. Roll on Monday.

Just the 1 that I can see but Inter will dispatch them shortly 

Will be sat a my desk at work with the airlines up. Hopefully we draw a team from somewhere warm and not too expensive, moreso the latter!

11 minutes ago, Negan said:

Will be sat a my desk at work with the airlines up. Hopefully we draw a team from somewhere warm and not too expensive, moreso the latter!

Fingers crossed, would absolutely love a Dutch tie. Or Viktoria Plzn would be fun 

Just now, The jj era said:

Fingers crossed, would absolutely love a Dutch tie. Or Viktoria Plzn would be fun 

Viktoria Plzn would be brilliant and more winnable than a team from the Netherlands.

Ricardo Quaresma
52 minutes ago, Daveandal said:

Viktoria Plzn would be brilliant and more winnable than a team from the Netherlands.

They're the lowest rated team, as things stand, that would make us seeded in the PO round

But they were a really good team a few years ago, I believe they won their league and did very well in Europe

Not looked at them recently, though

Ricardo Quaresma
2 hours ago, FionaHmfc said:

Might get some official confirmation beforehand as Hibs knew in advance of their draw what days they’d be playing on. Maybe get some info over the weekend from UEFA

It still usually comes down to the 2nd round tie being complete, unless it's 5-0 in the 1st leg, in which case it's probably a justified gamble to book your trip :)

8 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

They're the lowest rated team, as things stand, that would make us seeded in the PO round

But they were a really good team a few years ago, I believe they won their league and did very well in Europe

Not looked at them recently, though

Last decade or so they have been top or there about in the Czech League. But I'm not sure it's that strong. Given Czech teams results against Rangers and Celtic over the last few years.

They'd be favourites but I'd give us a chance. Also the beer over there is second to none 🍻

4 minutes ago, Daveandal said:

Last decade or so they have been top or there about in the Czech League. But I'm not sure it's that strong. Given Czech teams results against Rangers and Celtic over the last few years.

They'd be favourites but I'd give us a chance. Also the beer over there is second to none 🍻

Czech players and fans have been utter ***** against Rangers in recent seasons too. I'd rather give them a miss tbh.

Edited by Homme

Ricardo Quaresma
2 minutes ago, Daveandal said:

Well, like earlier, from Cluj down to them, 5 teams from 17, because I won't like us playing the teams with huge coefficients

Getting their coefficient to 'borrow' for PO round gives us a great chance, best we can get, by a long way, or it's hard team in 3rd, then very hard team in the PO round 👍

Jambo in Yorkshire
On 20/07/2023 at 13:50, FionaHmfc said:

Yeah wait for official confirmation. Few Hibby friends fell into that trap for their game next week.

Just had a look and there’s only 2 other same city combinations I can find that will potentially affect us. Vienna and Bucharest (and that’s only if Dynamo Kiev are still going to be playing there. Will share a city with FCBS if that’s the case). 

If we get the same H/A as Hibs we get the away leg first, it’s decided by league position from last season.

43 minutes ago, Negan said:

Would love if we got VP. 🇨🇿  is a great place

A good local beer to sample many, many times in Plzen as well:

Asset__1-1080x1080.png

8 minutes ago, tian447 said:

A good local beer to sample many, many times in Plzen as well:

Asset__1-1080x1080.png

3 euro drink of champions. 

On 21/07/2023 at 00:27, DB-14 said:

Here we go…

IMG_5286.png

Sorry for stating the obvious here but I assume the seeded sides get drawn against the unseeded?  So we can only get drawn against one of the seeded teams (on the left above)?

What is the story about seeding in the next round?  If we beat the seeded team do we take their seeded place into the next round?

4 minutes ago, tazhearts said:

Sorry for stating the obvious here but I assume the seeded sides get drawn against the unseeded?  So we can only get drawn against one of the seeded teams (on the left above)?

What is the story about seeding in the next round?  If we beat the seeded team do we take their seeded place into the next round?

Yes and Yes

alicante jambo
Just now, Jeff said:

Yes and Yes

Ffs some good teams in there. We will need to be at the top of our game and get a wee bit of luck to get through.

1 minute ago, alicante jambo said:

Ffs some good teams in there. We will need to be at the top of our game and get a wee bit of luck to get through.

Yeah, sadly all of the teams on the left are at a much higher level than us

• davemclaren changed the title to Hearts in Europe: 23/24 : v Rosenborg - Away leg on Hearts ppv ( updated )