Hearts in Europe: 23/24 : v Rosenborg - Away leg on Hearts ppv ( updated )

Waterboy

What will come first? 

Our European exit or our first signing?

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ricardo Quaresma

• JimmyCant

• Waterboy

• Luckies1874

Fxxx the SPFL
38 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

What will come first? 

Our European exit or our first signing?

Signing stop being pessimistic lol

Conference League qualifying kicks off this week.  Q1 first legs taking place over Wednesday and Thursday.  Includes Hibs Q2 opponents, Inter Escaldes (Andorra) vs Víkingur (Faroes).

In the past two seasons, none of the 60 odd teams that have taken part in this round have reached the group stages.

On 05/07/2023 at 15:28, Mikey1874 said:

Previous opponents 

Always thought our result against them was suspicious 🤔 😁

Ricardo Quaresma
On 15/07/2023 at 12:46, Mikey1874 said:

One man can make a difference

Spoiler

Knight Rider v ninjas: how the wheels came off the global hit | Television  & radio | The Guardian

On 02/07/2023 at 14:15, Mikey1874 said:

Wrocław is a cracking city.  

If anyone is tempted to go, just make sure you go to the stadium that's in the West of the city, and not the other one in the East - mainly because it's an American football stadium :lol:

alicante jambo

Hi im thinking about going away for a few days from september 6th can anyone tell me if there is a possibility we may have a european tie around that date? Thanks

14 minutes ago, alicante jambo said:

Hi im thinking about going away for a few days from september 6th can anyone tell me if there is a possibility we may have a european tie around that date? Thanks

Closest date to that is august 31st and that’s the second leg of the play off round (if we make it!). Group stage fixtures start later in September 

Draw for us is Monday 27th at 1pm. Can watch it online I think. Hearts also just posted on Facebook that they are taking info for anyone interested in the club charter. Just give them your details and you’ll be contacted next week. Hopefully it’s not a massively inflated figure like they quoted for Istanbul last year 😂 

alicante jambo
10 minutes ago, FionaHmfc said:

Closest date to that is august 31st and that’s the second leg of the play off round (if we make it!). Group stage fixtures start later in September 

Thanks so much for that really appreciate your time replying. Now i can go get booked up.

11 minutes ago, FionaHmfc said:

Draw for us is Monday 27th at 1pm. Can watch it online I think. Hearts also just posted on Facebook that they are taking info for anyone interested in the club charter. Just give them your details and you’ll be contacted next week. Hopefully it’s not a massively inflated figure like they quoted for Istanbul last year 😂 

How much was it for Turkey last year? Remember it being extortionate 

16 minutes ago, FionaHmfc said:

24th

Heartsmad1874
30 minutes ago, maroon said:

How much was it for Turkey last year? Remember it being extortionate 

If i remember rightly it was in the £800-900 region. They'll be doing this last minute because of possible uncertainty of opponents unless they can get a good price right away for either destination. 

1 hour ago, Sherbet said:

24th

Apologies - Monday 24th. No idea why I put the 27th that’s the Thursday! Excited for it either way. Hoping for a good draw somewhere nice 🤞🏻

2 hours ago, FionaHmfc said:

Apologies - Monday 24th. No idea why I put the 27th that’s the Thursday! Excited for it either way. Hoping for a good draw somewhere nice 🤞🏻

Hopefully

2 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

Ferencvaros 0 KI Klaksvik (Faroes) 3

:interehjrling:

A random Champions League qualifier amongst the 3 other ones going on, on a thread about Hearts in Europe. 

Why? :lol:

2 minutes ago, tian447 said:

A random Champions League qualifier amongst the 3 other ones going on, on a thread about Hearts in Europe. 

A team who got to the Europa League knockouts last season getting pumped at home by a Faroese team is pretty noteworthy tbf.

1 hour ago, tian447 said:

Sure that Ferencvaros losing means they drop into the champions path for our draw meaning we could potentially face them. Might be wrong though?

Also does anyone know what will happen with dates if we get drawn to play at home the same time as Hibs? Would the legs be reversed or anything? Wouldn’t like to book something right away on Monday then find out dates have been moved. Same happened to hibs in their first round as the 2 Andorran teams got drawn at home at the same time so their dates got moved in the event they both go through.

1 minute ago, FionaHmfc said:

Sure that Ferencvaros losing means they drop into the champions path for our draw meaning we could potentially face them. Might be wrong though?

Also does anyone know what will happen with dates if we get drawn to play at home the same time as Hibs? Would the legs be reversed or anything? Wouldn’t like to book something right away on Monday then find out dates have been moved. Same happened to hibs in their first round as the 2 Andorran teams got drawn at home at the same time so their dates got moved in the event they both go through.

not sure but maybe as the higher seed we would keep the draw as made ? 

5 minutes ago, cookieboy said:

not sure but maybe as the higher seed we would keep the draw as made ? 

They are the same ranking as us. Both unseeded. Will hopefully find out more info nearer to the draw. Could easily be solved by Hibs getting put out in their first game right enough. Wouldn’t put that past them 😂 

8 minutes ago, FionaHmfc said:

They are the same ranking as us. Both unseeded. Will hopefully find out more info nearer to the draw. Could easily be solved by Hibs getting put out in their first game right enough. Wouldn’t put that past them 😂 

sorry Fiona I meant as we go in in a later round 

Famous 1874

Assuming we are unseeded (unsure if it can even change) is the expectation that we will be home first leg (10th) and away second leg (17th)

Just now, Famous 1874 said:

Assuming we are unseeded (unsure if it can even change) is the expectation that we will be home first leg (10th) and away second leg (17th)

Our seeding can’t change so we’ll remain unseeded. And the dates will just play out whoever gets drawn first is at home the first leg. So if we come out the hat first the first leg should be at home on the 10th and away on the 17th 

Chuck Berry
32 minutes ago, FionaHmfc said:

Correct, but since when did that stop someone trying to be a smart arse on here 

44 minutes ago, FionaHmfc said:

Revenge for 2004 in the post lol.

We could even invite two former managers to reminisce about the game.

18 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

Correct, but since when did that stop someone trying to be a smart arse on here 

I genuinely didn't know the context. 

Pretty much the opposite of being a smart arse :thumbsup:

Chuck Berry
31 minutes ago, tian447 said:

I genuinely didn't know the context. 

Pretty much the opposite of being a smart arse :thumbsup:

Maybe keep on scrolling past and don't risk it then.

1 hour ago, FionaHmfc said:

They do drop into the Champions Path but we are in the Main Path so we can't face them. 

38 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

Maybe keep on scrolling past and don't risk it then.

Don't be so ****ing sensitive :lol:

I won't have been the only person who had no idea what you were talking about. 

I recall there was a site floating about here last year. One that focussed on the European games and warned if a game could be rescheduled based on some factors once the draw was made.

Anyone know the one I’m meaning?

periodictabledancer
42 minutes ago, D4nny_ said:

I recall there was a site floating about here last year. One that focussed on the European games and warned if a game could be rescheduled based on some factors once the draw was made.

Anyone know the one I’m meaning?

This guy ?

https://kassiesa.net/uefa/

Ricardo Quaresma

Games can be switched to away tie first if the home team's game is in the same city, or within 50KM, of another team playing on the same night

-

Edited by Ricardo Quaresma

Chuck Berry
13 hours ago, tian447 said:

Don't be so ****ing sensitive :lol:

I won't have been the only person who had no idea what you were talking about. 

You made an arse of yourself, just move on.

Chuck Berry
11 hours ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Games can be switched to away tie first if the home team's game is in the same city, or within 50KM, of another team playing on the same night

-

So if we get the same H/A draw as the other mob, don't go rushing to book flights as it could be flipped.

I don't think there's likely to be any other two club cities involved in the draw, that could also be something to look out for?

On 21/06/2023 at 14:36, tian447 said:

I'll join you. 

Get that demand nice and high. Don't forget to check Hotels.com for somewhere to stay. :lol:

Whatever you do don't use booking.com and book a bunch of no deposit, free cancellation rooms :lol:

1 hour ago, Chuck Berry said:

So if we get the same H/A draw as the other mob, don't go rushing to book flights as it could be flipped.

I don't think there's likely to be any other two club cities involved in the draw, that could also be something to look out for?

Yeah wait for official confirmation. Few Hibby friends fell into that trap for their game next week.

Just had a look and there’s only 2 other same city combinations I can find that will potentially affect us. Vienna and Bucharest (and that’s only if Dynamo Kiev are still going to be playing there. Will share a city with FCBS if that’s the case). 

Sorry I am being lazy - do we go into the final knockout stage before the league setup or do we have more then one round of knockouts?

Naisys Tackle
4 minutes ago, CostaJambo said:

Sorry I am being lazy - do we go into the final knockout stage before the league setup or do we have more then one round of knockouts?

2 ties I'm sure. 

Ricardo Quaresma
6 hours ago, Chuck Berry said:

If the hibbys make it to QR3, UEFA would normally boot the team with lower coefficient out to play the away tie first; as we both use the Scottish country value (7.280 this year) they'll probably take the last 5, 1 or 10 years, meaning the hibbys would get booted :)

Unless UEFA give the better performing team the choice of away first; never heard of that though

It happened with our draw with spurs, fulham got their tie switched, I think

Ferryjambo99

Interesting looking at the qualifier scores, very few comfortable wins, teams from the likes of the Faroes, andorra, Gibraltar increasingly put up a good fight in european games. 

Nb - one of the comfortable wins was for RFS against a Macedonian team, also Maribor narrowly overcome Birkirkara (remember them!)

• davemclaren changed the title to Hearts in Europe: 23/24 : v Rosenborg - Away leg on Hearts ppv ( updated )