Snodgrass

gorgierulesapply88

Pete Elliott
Just now, TheBigO said:

Lesson learnt now surely.  We need to know a guy absolutely inside out if he's coming in as a "leader".  Moreso than a 22 yearold we're signing I'd suggest.

Let's stop signing guys who can't hack the English top 2 divisions any more!  Naisy was great until injury tbf, so there will be exceptions, but its a market I think we should avoid unless we're 100% on it.  Of course maybe we were, but, well, we were wrong it would appear.

All a bit based on rumour still, I guess, but doesn't feel outlandish

Allowing players to commute adds to all of the above.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Naisys Tackle

• BackOfTheNet

• Luckies1874

• Pete Elliott

Luckies1874
Just now, Thomaso said:

It was a stupid sliding tackle when you are already on a yellow! He should have known better!

It felt like a FU to be honest. He knew exactly what he was doing.

18 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Be funny if this was all complete nonsense and he scored the winner on Saturday. 

More words to be eaten by lots of people. 

Suspended for Saturday 

Pete Elliott
3 minutes ago, brawlad74 said:

Takes Naismith 24 hours to see him for what he is. Guid start Naisy 

He’ll be well aware of Snodgrass from Scotland squads.

Clark Griswold

I love how the article suggests He is ripping up His contract when they don't know this is the case.

No Idle Talk

I am honestly not surprised by this. The team has gone backwards massively since he came in. I'm not pinning all of the blame for that on Snodgrass but it was certainly a factor. It was as though his alpha personality was taking over the team. Other players stopped taking responsibility and just gave the ball to Snodgrass. Which was a problem because he himself was playing crap. 

I'm glad he's away and I am very relieved he didn't sign an extended contract here. Dodged a bullet there. 

Edited by No Idle Talk

2 minutes ago, jamboy1982 said:

Guy is finished at any decent level. Legs have gone. Ok pointing and screaming at folk when you’re playing really well. If you’re utter gash then it’s not a good look. 

I thought he did really well for a spell. Noticed in a lot of games he was really giving Cochrane a hard time. Seem to result in Cochrane going into his shell. One of the European games at Tynecastle (obviously Snodgrass wasn't playing), Cochrane was pinging inch perfect balls across the park for fun. Not sure the constant demanding the ball off the back 3 ever was effective for that formation. Certainly nullified Kingsley stepping out with the ball and his cohesive relationship seen with Cochrane for much of last season. 

Maybe the signing of Snodgrass might be the one thing Robbie might decide against if he had his time over again. Hindsight and all that though. 

JudyJudyJudy

Incredible the " inside information" people have about him and others.  Really impressive. 

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, Clark Griswold said:

I love how the article suggests He is ripping up His contract when they don't know this is the case.

Seeing that made me laugh.

Dramatic stuff.

Just now, No Idle Talk said:

I am honestly not surprised by this. The team has gone backwards massively since he came into the team. I'm not pinning all of the blame for that on Snodgrass but it was certainly a factor. It was as though his alpha personality was taking over the team. Other players stopped taking responsibility and just gave the ball to Snodgrass. Which was a problem because he himself was playing crap. 

I'm glad he's away and I am very relieved he didn't sign an extended contract here. Dodged a bullet there. 

Not meaning to kick a man when he’s down but that’s entirely Robbie’s fault. If true obviously. 

20 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Be funny if this was all complete nonsense and he scored the winner on Saturday. 

More words to be eaten by lots of people. 

Mmm….tell you what I’ll do - I’ll give you odds of 250/1 that Snoddy doesn’t score against Hibs on Saturday! 🤪

LochcarronJambo

Even tho after Saturday he wouldn’t have got an extended contract, he had tailed off so badly , him going now is a negative vibe after Naismith announcement & all the shit that will now follow in press & social media -I think we were mostly feeling a wee bit more positive about Saturday 

Naisys Tackle
9 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Pretty sure his stupid sending off would go down well with the rest of the players during their private talk!

Sure it would have because he won the ball. 

Pete Elliott
2 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

Very much in favour of a hard Snexit.

Hopefully no cheques, border or otherwise, required to secure it.

Naisys Tackle
6 minutes ago, Cade said:

rQo6EvE.gif Oh no we'll have to play someone with pace and can pass the ball forwards oh no

Any free agents?

As much as he's a good utility player, I wouldn't be averse to Halliday heading out the exit door at the end of the season too.

3 minutes ago, LochcarronJambo said:

Even tho after Saturday he wouldn’t have got an extended contract, he had tailed off so badly , him going now is a negative vibe after Naismith announcement & all the shit that will now follow in press & social media -I think we were mostly feeling a wee bit more positive about Saturday 

Why is it a negative vibe?, a change like this is very welcome as it can show Naisy is taking action and if he was too influential as a player then it helps the dressing room vibe too.   His performances didn’t seem to merit his regular game time which would have created a problem within the squad.  Changes needed to happen,  and options are limited until we get to close season.  

Edited by Gmcjambo

kingantti1874
6 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Hmmmm… wonder if McKay and Halliday will be on edge since the gang is breaking up 👀 

halliday is consistently on me of our best players.  I bloody hope not 

Pete Elliott
Just now, Poseidon said:

As much as he's a good utility player, I wouldn't be averse to Halliday heading out the exit door at the end of the season too.

Only player that looked to be to be willing to bust a gut on Saturday. Has a good knack of arriving in the box at the right time and a good finisher.

Called out a few players on Saturday In the dressing room, obviously didn’t go down to well,

it got heated., blows exchanged 

To be honest a few of them need a few home truths.

Edited by jbee647

Captain Scarlett
9 minutes ago, Drylaw Hearts said:

That must have been some meeting after the game on Saturday.

Snodgrass has done a huge favour……he apparently instigated a revolt against the management team and it’s ultimately cost him.

3 down and hopefully many more to follow over the coming weeks and months.

This.

LochcarronJambo
Just now, Gmcjambo said:

Why is it a negative vibe?, a change like this is very welcome as it can show Naisy is taking action and if he was too influential as a player then it helps the dressing room vibe too.   His performances didn’t seem to merit his regular game time which would have created a problem within toe squad.  Changes needed to happen,  and options are limited until we get to close season.  

I agree with you, what i am saying is the media will suggest things are a mess etc…

davemclaren
5 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Incredible the " inside information" people have about him and others.  Really impressive. 

In the last few years getting inside info seemed to have dried up. Definitely sprung a leak now.  

8 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Should have been taken off at half-time as he was an accident waiting to happen. Was never a foul though, the second tackle. 

Looked unfit when he first arrived, came on to a good game for a month or two but struggled recently. Hey ho. 

My issue and this is hypothetical so its nonsense essentially, is that I think if another player is on a yellow in that game, Robbie would have taken him off.  Snoddy was a protected species these last few months.

Shame, talented player, seemed a decent guy.  Went sour, whatever happened.

Watt-Zeefuik

Just because he's left doesn't mean there's been massive drama. Snoddy's clearly cut a frustrated figure for a while. It may be that he was trying to get up in other players' faces about performances and they didn't like it.

To be clear this is absolutely nothing but a hypothetical, but with rumors of Cochrane being angry, we could imagine that he didn't take kindly to Snoddy's "influence" and Neilson had to pick between them. With him suspended at Hibs, clearly having lost the plot a bit on Saturday, and only six games on the contract after that, it just made sense for him to follow out the door.

Naismith and Snodgrass will have known each other for ages from being on Scotland together. It makes a better story if there's some bad blood between them, but it's also possible that they cut through the bullshit and made a decision quickly. e.g., "Snoddy, we're going to change up the shape a bit, and you're going to be less central." "Aye Stevie, I'm off next week, and mah erse is sore as feck anyway. If it's all the same to you, I'll walk for free and take the wife to Spain for a few weeks." "Right, mate, text me a few snaps, and don't steal too many of the team towels or I'll have to report you. . . "

Just now, LochcarronJambo said:

I agree with you, what i am saying is the media will suggest things are a mess etc…

I get your point but all I care about is getting ourselves sorted in time to get 3rd.    Media have been negative toward us for years so don’t tend to read much of the press anymore.    

BackOfTheNet
1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

halliday is consistently on me of our best players.  I bloody hope not 

Not saying they’d be going or even deserving of it, just hinting at they supposedly were a bit of a clique. And if so, a couple of them being left would mean they might feel a little isolated.

JudyJudyJudy
Just now, davemclaren said:

In the last few years getting inside info seemed to have dried up. Definitely sprung a leak now.  

Fair enough 

davemclaren
1 minute ago, Led Tasso said:

Just because he's left doesn't mean there's been massive drama. Snoddy's clearly cut a frustrated figure for a while. It may be that he was trying to get up in other players' faces about performances and they didn't like it.

To be clear this is absolutely nothing but a hypothetical, but with rumors of Cochrane being angry, we could imagine that he didn't take kindly to Snoddy's "influence" and Neilson had to pick between them. With him suspended at Hibs, clearly having lost the plot a bit on Saturday, and only six games on the contract after that, it just made sense for him to follow out the door.

Naismith and Snodgrass will have known each other for ages from being on Scotland together. It makes a better story if there's some bad blood between them, but it's also possible that they cut through the bullshit and made a decision quickly. e.g., "Snoddy, we're going to change up the shape a bit, and you're going to be less central." "Aye Stevie, I'm off next week, and mah erse is sore as feck anyway. If it's all the same to you, I'll walk for free and take the wife to Spain for a few weeks." "Right, mate, text me a few snaps, and don't steal too many of the team towels or I'll have to report you. . . "

Ach, where's the fun in that? 🥸

6 minutes ago, LochcarronJambo said:

It all depends mate.  This COULD be very positive.  It depends WHY he's leaving.

If he was unpopular and was seen as an issue, Naisy removing him and giving guys who've been working hard a go on Saturday could be a lift.

Its not hard to imagine that the other CMs at the club felt they were carrying the blame for this guy.  Wee Cammy, in fact anyone being the +1 to Snoddy in that ridiculous setup, had a totally thankless job, but were always the one dropped.  Let's see I guess!

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

Called out a few players on Saturday In the dressing room, obviously didn’t go down to well it got heated.

To be honest a few of them need a few home truths.

Who did, Snodgrass?

**** me what a nerve if he did

Said a while ago. It looked like a few players were scared not to pass to Snodgrass when he was demanding the ball. Even when it was not on. Hopefully players can now charge forward with the ball when appropriate. 

Kingsley and especially Sibbick can be

Effective doing so.

davemclaren
Just now, BackOfTheNet said:

Not saying they’d be going or even deserving of it, just hinting at they supposedly were a bit of a clique. And if so, a couple of them being left would mean they might feel a little isolated.

Were they? Didn't know that. 

Every interview he did in the EN he came across as a self important twat who thought he was a cut above everyone else. 

Tell you what though Big Pete’s return couldn’t have happened at a better time now. It should be him and Devlin until the end of the season. 

Drylaw Hearts
3 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

Head.

In.

Sand.

LochcarronJambo
1 minute ago, TheBigO said:

It all depends mate.  This COULD be very positive.  It depends WHY he's leaving.

If he was unpopular and was seen as an issue, Naisy removing him and giving guys who've been working hard a go on Saturday could be a lift.

Its not hard to imagine that the other CMs at the club felt they were carrying the blame for this guy.  Wee Cammy, in fact anyone being the +1 to Snoddy in that ridiculous setup, had a totally thankless job, but were always the one dropped.  Let's see I guess!

Good point mate

Rick Sanchez

It's great that we've acted but how half of this shit could go on for so long is a disgrace.

Savage should have went off the handle when he found out they were away on their holidays.

Watt-Zeefuik
1 minute ago, Drylaw Hearts said:

Head.

In.

Sand.

Sure, fella. If taking the social media rumor mill at face value works for you, have at it.

4 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

It's great that we've acted but how half of this shit could go on for so long is a disgrace.

Savage should have went off the handle when he found out they were away on their holidays.

100%

Dick Dastardly
48 minutes ago, Taffin said:

For a handful of games. Even then you had folk giving him 8s etc on the ratings threads when he'd clearly been no more than a 3 or 4.

Modric is 37 and still runs all day and is rapid in bursts. It's an affront to football that nickname (I do appreciate it's just a bit of fun though 😂👍)

I'm not sure i would have had him as low as 3/4 until the last month, month and a half. Definitely not an 8 though...... >checks posts on match day ratings< maybe a 6.... 

10 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

Naismith and Snodgrass will have known each other for ages from being on Scotland together. It makes a better story if there's some bad blood between them, but it's also possible that they cut through the bullshit and made a decision quickly. e.g., "Snoddy, we're going to change up the shape a bit, and you're going to be less central." "Aye Stevie, I'm off next week, and mah erse is big as feck anyway. If it's all the same to you, I'll walk for free and take the wife to Spain for a few weeks." "Right, mate, text me a few snaps, and don't steal too many of the team towels or I'll have to report you. . . "

FTFY