Snodgrass

gorgierulesapply88

Watt-Zeefuik
14 hours ago, cosanostra said:

Don't think I've ever seen any Hearts player lose the ball directly in front of their own defence as much as Snodgrass towards the end.

No idea if this was Neilson's tactics or just Snodgrass influence on the team but it was an absolute mess.

To me Neilson's tactics, from his first phase here in whatever formation he played, have always depended on a holding mid directly in front of the defence. It was Gomis, then Pallardo, then Djoum, and so forth. With Beni and Haring down and Kio not trusted apparently he needed someone there and put Snoddy there. It worked briefly until everyone realized they could pressure him and the whole affair fell apart, and Neilson couldn't figure out how to either change the playing philosophy, finding an alternative there, or give him support so that we weren't completely wobbly at our most critical phase of play.

Regardless, I don't think it helped anything when the biggest problem position was also the most vocal shittalker. If someone is carrying the team with their play and gets it up the other players, that can work, but if you're causing major problems with your play every week, you should shut the **** up and fix yourself before digging out younger players.

It's all fine and good to have standards but they have to start with you. Regardless, the management should have figured out what was going on. Elbows' comments are just a horrific reflection on the whole coaching team.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Naisys Tackle

• BackOfTheNet

• Luckies1874

• Pete Elliott

2 hours ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

Rumour has it that chores were not done and Mum banned them from the internet until homework has been done...

Robbie 'haters' 2 v 0 Bob 'lovers'....

so far.

I'll leave it now - have a good day my friend 😁

Naisys Tackle
10 hours ago, Dazo said:

Snodgrass was causing issues in tge dressing room, that’s why he’s the bad guy. Why are you struggling with that ? His intentions are irrelevant he made things worse. 

Sorry I never realised you where in the dressing room Dazzo.  

Snodgrass' fault the players downed tools too yeah?  None of the other players are to blame at all?

Naisys Tackle
9 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

In what part of my post did I insinuate Snodgrass was the bad guy?

You never.  Sorry I was agreeing with you poorly worldly. 

Unknown user

It's a shame how things worked out with snodgrass but it was such a strange move looking back.

We changed how we played to accommodate him playing out of position 🤷‍♂️ 

I really don't get why we needed a quarterback, it made us one dimensional.

20 minutes ago, Naisys Tackle said:

Sorry I never realised you where in the dressing room Dazzo.  

Snodgrass' fault the players downed tools too yeah?  None of the other players are to blame at all?

Apology accepted. 👍

Snodgrass is only responsible for his own behaviour. 

BackOfTheNet
3 hours ago, Naisys Tackle said:

You never.  Sorry I was agreeing with you poorly worldly. 

Ah, no worries

Tom Hardy’s Dug

By all accounts McCulloch has near to zero coaching skill and isn’t much more than a yes man. That is distinguished from Forrest, who is rated as a very decent coach.

From this, and working on the basis that there is usually always a bridge between head coach/manager and players for things to be “voiced”, it’s inconceivable that McCulloch wasn’t this person. 

Anyway, good riddance.

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

BBC's McIntyre was keen to talk about Snodgrass professionalism , I assume at Hearts as well as everywhere else, and allow McCulluch to wax lyrical on it but immediately shut down any discussion on Snodgrass going ott under McCulloch's watch.