Snodgrass

gorgierulesapply88

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

Only 7 games left in the season, all crucial.  Not sure we can afford to give him much game time to get fit. 

He was fit enough to put a shift in at training today 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Naisys Tackle

• BackOfTheNet

• Luckies1874

• Pete Elliott

A_A wehatethehibs
1 minute ago, gorgierulesapply88 said:

Operative word, has been.

He is only 29 tho. Not as tho he’s had a leg cut off and can never play again. He’s been back training for a month. Naismith played alongside him in a number of good Hearts performances so knows what Peter Haring can offer. It does seem a very long time since we saw him at his best but we’re entitled to hope for the best. If he could come back and find a bit of form that would go a long way to stopping the rot in our midfield. A better leader as well Pete is a PHM unlike Snodgrass  

The White Cockade

I love big Pete

imo he was our best player before that groin injury that kept him out for so long 

but unfortunately he’s nowhere near that. level now especially since he’s just been out fur months again 

Like to see him get a game again but he’s not going to dominate games now

keep hoping Grant gets a run as an attacking mid because I’m sure he’s got something about him going forward Needs to be given the freedom to attack

LogicalEric
1 minute ago, The White Cockade said:

I love big Pete

imo he was our best player before that groin injury that kept him out for so long 

but unfortunately he’s nowhere near that. level now especially since he’s just been out fur months again 

Like to see him get a game again but he’s not going to dominate games now

keep hoping Grant gets a run as an attacking mid because I’m sure he’s got something about him going forward Needs to be given the freedom to attack

This. Lovely bloke but even before he was injured this season he looked absolutely brutal in the games he played. On Saturday he looked miles off it. Can't believe after he did a basic turn and pass that folk are wanting him to start on Saturday.

4 minutes ago, LogicalEric said:

This. Lovely bloke but even before he was injured this season he looked absolutely brutal in the games he played. On Saturday he looked miles off it. Can't believe after he did a basic turn and pass that folk are wanting him to start on Saturday.

Kio it is then. 

Hampden Demolition

According to Gordon Forrest, Snodgrass and Neilson has a massive bust up last week. Snodgrass called Neilson out on the way he had been setting the team up and didn’t agree with his tactics. Majority of the players backed RS. 

A_A wehatethehibs
10 minutes ago, LogicalEric said:

I mean to be fair, we are not flush with good midfield options. That’s the main reason I’m taking the “hope for the best” view with Haring because if he could get back sharp and find some form, he would be a significantly better shout at DM than any of Kio, Grant, Halliday. That is a big “if” tho, I can accept that. 

I actually think Mikey Smith might even be a possible shout for DM. Gamble on Atkinson at WB and stick him in the midfield with instructions to put tackles in and scrap. Has played there for NI. Honestly it’s pretty desperate times I just do not like the sound of Kio starting a derby, honestly gives me the fear. Type of game where his lack of effort & commitment will be exposed, ruthlessly. Like happened to Damour. Whereas Haring knows how to scrap and cuff that lot even if he is less mobile than the titanic in his most recent appearances 

Edited by A_A wehatethehibs

23 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

I don't know you and don't like your tone. Feel free to watch the game back. 

Gnasher do a gnash., you dont like my tone.smith is done ,He is a big part of the Robbie tactics.never forward .sideways or back.i don't need to watch any replays.i 100% know that's the case.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
1 hour ago, Heartsofgold said:

Heard this as well from someone I trust completely.  Was told Cochrane lamped him. 

Ooft. 

Heres Rixxy
5 minutes ago, Hampden Demolition said:

According to Gordon Forrest, Snodgrass and Neilson has a massive bust up last week. Snodgrass called Neilson out on the way he had been setting the team up and didn’t agree with his tactics. Majority of the players backed RS. 

That would surely work the opposite of what we are seeing now then?

4 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

I mean to be fair, we are not flush with good midfield options. That’s the main reason I’m taking the “hope for the best” view with Haring because if he could get back sharp and find some form, he would be a significantly better shout at DM than any of Kio, Grant, Halliday. That is a big “if” tho, I can accept that. 

I actually think Mikey Smith might even be a possible shout for DM. Gamble on Atkinson at WB and stick him in the midfield with instructions to put tackles in and scrap. Has played there for NI. Honestly it’s pretty desperate times I just do not like the sound of Kio starting a derby, honestly gives me the fear. Type of game where his lack of effort & commitment will be exposed, ruthlessly. Like happened to Damour. Whereas Haring knows how to scrap and cuff that lot even if he is less mobile than the titanic in his most recent appearances 

Honestly I hope any manager wants midfield signings as a priority as for years it's seemed like an after thought to everything else I think we fluked out with Beni and I think Devlin is a great battler with a ton of energy.But we really need some good quality in there.

Hampden Demolition
8 minutes ago, Heres Rixxy said:

That would surely work the opposite of what we are seeing now then?

It’s possible that while RS had the backing from the majority of his team mates, the way he went about things overstepped the mark. It could be a case that he wasn’t going to be around next season anyway so the board want to cut their losses and show the other players that while they are entitled the their own opinions, there’s ways to deal with a situation like we have had. Only passing on what I’ve been told. Unfortunately not privy to every detail.

Edited by Hampden Demolition

1 hour ago, Led Tasso said:

As I said above, Snoddy could have been the source of a split in the locker room getting up in the others' faces because of poor performances.

To reconcile the locker room, you've got a 35 year old guy with 7 games on his contract who's suspended next week, and on the other (possibly) a bunch of young players whose form has tailed off but might benefit from a manager reset.

Even if Snoddy was in the right, if you're trying to put the locker room back together, if one has to walk, send off the old short-timer.

:nojustno:

LogicalEric
11 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Agree with you on that one with Kio. Baffles me the clamour Neilson made about him being sought after plus shelling out 400k. Add in that he's the biggest bluffer in the squad, pointing fingers and moaning when he doesn't get the ball yet takes up awful positions so he can't receive it.

AlphonseCapone

Snodgrass went to the board about Robbie and training. 

Snodgrass had Robbie eating out the palm of his hand and everyone was raging he wouldn't get dropped. 

Cochrane punched Snodgrass. 

Snodgrass went mad at Neilson about tactics and all the players agreed with him. 

Yes, it is clear folk aren't just making shit up. 

1 hour ago, john thomas said:

Agree Smith is nearing the end of his career but the constant 'no legs' just isn't true.

Totally agree I watched them train today there were younger players blown out there arse after an hour .

Cochrane and smith being 2 of them 

Just read a sky news thing on Facebook that Snodgrass is trying to negotiate an immediate end to his contract. No idea how to post the article here

Naisys Tackle
Just now, AlphonseCapone said:

Snodgrass had Robbie eating out the palm of his hand and everyone was raging he wouldn't get dropped. 

Snodgrass went mad at Neilson about tactics and all the players agreed with him. 

:rofl: beautiful.   

Tomorrows news, Snograss has been found keeping Maddie McCann hostage in a Frizel style basement. 

davemclaren
42 minutes ago, jambocub said:

He was fit enough to put a shift in at training today 

Sorry, meant match fit.  Hopefully he can get there. 

periodictabledancer
2 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

:24_shocked: Snodders wasn't the enemy after all ? 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Snodgrass came out of Pittodrie smiling. Everyone else grim.

Don't think he gives a shit about Hearts only himself, hence we watched him take every set piece he could be bothered to take, often badly 

1 minute ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Apparently it was actually Beni and Boyce who both came in on crutches and worked their way around riccarton battering everyone like something out of Kill Bill.

They managed to punch Robbie, Snodgrass, Cochrane, the entire board of directors and the dinner ladies before McKinlay managed to subdue them

Just now, davemclaren said:

Sorry, meant match fit.  Hopefully he can get there. 

No need to say sorry 

They were all at it today and for first time in ages all looked like they were wanting to put a shift in 

That probably comes from a new manager and a new start ,but it encouraged me going into the derby that we'll be on the front door right from the start

Luckies1874
1 hour ago, john thomas said:

Agree Smith is nearing the end of his career but the constant 'no legs' just isn't true.

Don't think anyone is arguing that he has 2 legs. Just that they don't work very well anymore.

Great pro no doubt about that though. His attitude is one others should take heed of.

Luckies1874
1 minute ago, jambocub said:

No need to say sorry 

They were all at it today and for first time in ages all looked like they were wanting to put a shift in 

That probably comes from a new manager and a new start ,but it encouraged me going into the derby that we'll be on the front door right from the start

Did Naismith take the training today?

Were Atkinson and Ginnelly involved? 

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, jambocub said:

No need to say sorry 

Certainly hope so.  

8 minutes ago, 1953 said:

Just read a sky news thing on Facebook that Snodgrass is trying to negotiate an immediate end to his contract. No idea how to post the article here

https://www.skysports.com/amp/football/news/11790/12855221/robert-snodgrass-hearts-midfielder-set-to-leave-after-just-seven-months

Various other MSM articles saying he’s leaving with immediate effect/played his last game etc etc

1 minute ago, Luckies1874 said:

Did Naismith take the training today?

Were Atkinson and Ginnelly involved? 

Yes Naismith took training with McAvoy and Forrest ( but completely Naismith in charge of the whole session)

Atkinson trained

Ginelly didn't train in the session but came up for last ten minutes when Naismith had them all in for a blether 

Luckies1874
Just now, jambocub said:

Yes Naismith took training with McAvoy and Forrest ( but completely Naismith in charge of the whole session)

Atkinson trained

Ginelly didn't train in the session but came up for last ten minutes when Naismith had them all in for a blether 

Cheers 👍

john thomas
13 minutes ago, jambocub said:

Totally agree I watched them train today there were younger players blown out there arse after an hour .

Cochrane and smith being 2 of them 

Somewhat confused 

1 hour ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I have seen Haring, thank you very much. He’s been a shadow of himself, but Snodgrass has been worse than useless since St. Mirren away when he was easily figured out. And quite frankly, he’s been mediocre through his entire time, even when some were waxing lyrical. I’ve been consistent with this on almost every match day thread or others. So this isn’t a reaction to the rumours.

I got absolutely hammered for saying he was poor away to St Johnstone at Christmas time. He somehow got MoTM but spent the whole game winging and shouting at others and his passing wasn't the best that day. 

Albeit now I thought he was good to have and has that bit of composure we need at times but his form recently has been pish. 

john thomas
7 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

Don't think anyone is arguing that he has 2 legs. Just that they don't work very well anymore.

Great pro no doubt about that though. His attitude is one others should take heed of.

Think the stats from last season , when his legs had gone again, proved they actually hadn't .

Suspect stats may , again , have found his legs once more

kingantti1874
Just now, Diadora Van Basten said:

:vrface:

what’s wrong with that? Halliday probabky our most consistent player this season when fit.  And on Saturday they were out best 2 players.  Probably the only 2 who looked interested 

BackOfTheNet
12 minutes ago, 151 said:

I got absolutely hammered for saying he was poor away to St Johnstone at Christmas time. He somehow got MoTM but spent the whole game winging and shouting at others and his passing wasn't the best that day. 

Albeit now I thought he was good to have and has that bit of composure we need at times but his form recently has been pish. 

I never got the hype. Even when he had good games he was a 7 or 8 at best and folk thought he was the best thing since sliced bread. I suppose it’s because he brought that composure and looked like he was strolling it at times. For me though that was in stark contrast to our midfield’s strengths from last season, when we got in teams faces. The man never won a ball or put in a decent tackle. In midfield. And we wonder why we were performing so badly and inconsistently?

Bungalow Bill

So was Snodgrass an ally of Robbie’s or part of the reason Robbie ‘lost the dressing room’?

If the latter, you’d think the board would have supported the manager and just binned Snodgrass. 

Diadora Van Basten
22 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

what’s wrong with that? Halliday probabky our most consistent player this season when fit.  And on Saturday they were out best 2 players.  Probably the only 2 who looked interested 

Our midfield was non existent at the weekend.

Devlin yes but I would pick Haring, Kio or Grant before Halliday.

58 minutes ago, LogicalEric said:

Agree with you on that one with Kio. Baffles me the clamour Neilson made about him being sought after plus shelling out 400k. Add in that he's the biggest bluffer in the squad, pointing fingers and moaning when he doesn't get the ball yet takes up awful positions so he can't receive it.

This exactly.  He hides when he should be showing. I think he has some good attributes, but not sitting midfield where you must always show for the ball.

42 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

All of it happened but in a different order.  Snodgrass had Robbie eating out the palm of his hand and everyone was raging, so Cochrane punched him with the palm of his hand, Snodgrass then shat it and got himself a bouncer but Cochrane still scared him at training by threatening to punch him again (and shag his bird), so Snodgrass went to the board about Robbie and training, but then Snodgrass inadvertently shagged Cochrane's bird, so he tried to make it up to him by going mad at Neilson about tactics and all the players agreed with him.  So McKinley sacked Neilson and told the squad that Joe Savage was the father of McKenzie Kirk and that Savage had been shagging Andy Kirk's wife for around two decades.  

LochcarronJambo
2 minutes ago, WageThief said:

All of it happened but in a different order.  Snodgrass had Robbie eating out the palm of his hand and everyone was raging, so Cochrane punched him with the palm of his hand, Snodgrass then shat it and got himself a bouncer but Cochrane still scared him at training by threatening to punch him again (and shag his bird), so Snodgrass went to the board about Robbie and training, but then Snodgrass inadvertently shagged Cochrane's bird, so he tried to make it up to him by going mad at Neilson about tactics and all the players agreed with him.  So McKinley sacked Neilson and told the squad that Joe Savage was the father of McKenzie Kirk and that Savage had been shagging Andy Kirk's wife for around two decades.  

Had a good laugh reading that 😂

5 minutes ago, WageThief said:

:laugh: