• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BackOfTheNet

• Naisys Tackle

• GinRummy

• Sooks

1 hour ago, Fort Vallance said:

Looked like a good signing for the first few games. Yet another square peg forced in to a round hole. 

A great start, but been poor recently.  He hasn’t been alone though.  

1 minute ago, Dick Dastardly said:

I'm not sure i would have had him as low as 3/4 until the last month, month and a half. Definitely not an 8 though...... >checks posts on match day ratings< maybe a 6.... 

Aye sorry I've worded that poorly. I mean post his purple patch there were still people dishing out the good ratings for him despite him being awful.

alicante jambo
7 minutes ago, DS98 said:

Tell you what though Big Pete’s return couldn’t have happened at a better time now. It should be him and Devlin until the end of the season. 

Big pete was blowing out his arse after 5 minutes on saturday. Will take a long time before hes fit.We need energy in that team harring wont be the one to suuply that i reckon. Fingers crossed naismith sets us up to go at teams and not be slow and labourous.

1 hour ago, Naisys Tackle said:

Would he not wait until next week so that he isn't suspended the 1st game for his new team?  Can't see him just agreeing to that today tbh.  Even if we had decided a pay off. 

Transfer window closed, and he was not a free agent when it closed, so although he can sign for someone, he can’t be registered and therefore play. 

Naisys Tackle
Just now, Paolo said:

Transfer window closed, and he was not a free agent when it closed, so although he can sign for someone, he can’t be registered and therefore play. 

I understand that but if he leaves this week hes banned for the 1st game for new club next season.   Go next week the suspension will have been had. 

alicante jambo
1 minute ago, Paolo said:

A great start, but been poor recently.  He hasn’t been alone though.  

This 100%. When he came to us i was delighted but like a lot recently they have just got worse. Hopefully this change gives the players a wee boost.

12 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

Naismith and Snodgrass will have known each other for ages from being on Scotland together. It makes a better story if there's some bad blood between them, but it's also possible that they cut through the bullshit and made a decision quickly. e.g., "Snoddy, we're going to change up the shape a bit, and you're going to be less central." "Aye Stevie, I'm off next week, and mah erse is sore as feck anyway. If it's all the same to you, I'll walk for free and take the wife to Spain for a few weeks." "Right, mate, text me a few snaps, and don't steal too many of the team towels or I'll have to report you. . . "

Pfft stop it Led. 

I heard him and Naismith had a full on "Loser Leaves Town" match at Oriam which only ended when Naismith managed to pull out a Sweet Chin Music for the three count after taking 2 powerbombs. 

4 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

Sure, fella. If taking the social media rumor mill at face value works for you, have at it.

Fair post and your first post offered a bit of balance but IF Snodgrass has left it’s not a huge leap to assume he was involved in the unrest.

16 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

halliday is consistently on me of our best players.  I bloody hope not 

This! Him and Devlin look like the only mid  players interested at times

BackOfTheNet
11 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Were they? Didn't know that. 

Supposedly. Can’t say with 100%. McKay and Halliday definitely are, McCulloch was pally with them too (and Neilson to an extent). Snodgrass came up and was supposedly mates with Halliday from before?

john thomas
16 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

Called out a few players on Saturday In the dressing room, obviously didn’t go down to well,

it got heated., blows exchanged 

To be honest a few of them need a few home truths.

You know this , or imagining it ?

Reasonable question as there are some real imaginative people on here 

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, jock _turd said:

This! Him and Devlin look like the only mid  players interested at times

my central midfield for this weekend without any doubt. 

Mackay back in as a number #10

Naisys Tackle
1 minute ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Supposedly. Can’t say with 100%. McKay and Halliday definitely are, McCulloch was pally with them too (and Neilson to an extent). Snodgrass came up and was supposedly mates with Halliday from before?

They are best mates have been since they had a flat together when at Livi. 

LochcarronJambo
4 minutes ago, alicante jambo said:

Big pete was blowing out his arse after 5 minutes on saturday. Will take a long time before hes fit.We need energy in that team harring wont be the one to suuply that i reckon. Fingers crossed naismith sets us up to go at teams and not be slow and labourous.

Yes I thought that, he was knackered after first wee run, gonna take him a while to get up to speed

Naisys Tackle
Just now, LochcarronJambo said:

Yes I thought that, he was knackered after first wee run, gonna take him a while to get up to speed

All good.  Only Joe Newell on Saturday and some ***** called Jenga. 

Just now, kingantti1874 said:

Know what grinds my cogs is that if the header that Halliday put against the bar goes in .. we are winning that game and no arguments!

7 minutes ago, Naisys Tackle said:

I understand that but if he leaves this week hes banned for the 1st game for new club next season.   Go next week the suspension will have been had. 

Got you now. 

Birregrande
28 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

****ing hell lads I thought it was clear that it was a daft wee joke, folk a bit too tense the now eh. 

😂

Generally speaking, if you communicate with 'mericans [who have no clue about sarcasm] online, you soon learn to use /s

which means, "Its ok I'm only being sarcastic". 

As in,

Robbie just needed more time, and Snoddy was easily the best player in the squad /s

Might be an idea on here - unless you prefer the wink emoji that's been there for ever of course.

kingantti1874
2 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

Know what grinds my cogs is that if the header that Halliday put against the bar goes in .. we are winning that game and no arguments!

yep. That said there have been plenty of games this season where we’ve had the rub of the green. Even games where we’ve won we’ve given up a frightening number of chances.  

Drylaw Hearts
15 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

Sure, fella. If taking the social media rumor mill at face value works for you, have at it.

Wakey Wakey.

You really think the sudden departure of Snodgrass is just a coincidence?

john thomas
35 minutes ago, brawlad74 said:

Takes Naismith 24 hours to see him for what he is. Guid start Naisy 

Naismith was accused of similar behaviour on pitch as Snodgrass 

7 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

I’d like to see Mackay wide. Maybe Grant as number 10 (I’ve changed my mind since Saturday, when I said Grant should never play in maroon again).

Naisys Tackle
7 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

They had too clear chances before that.  Sitters even. 

Naisys Tackle
2 minutes ago, john thomas said:

Naismith was accused of similar behaviour on pitch as Snodgrass 

Good point, got similar abuse when it was evident he was done too. 

2 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Where mate?

On STV news

In talks to end contract immediately

Bazzas right boot

****ing hell.

Not only have the wheels fallen of, but the engine has blown up.

Hopefully this clear out helps.

Snodgrass tried, but in the middle of the park he's part of the problem, we can't really fix that tho until tbe summer.

Edited by Bazzas right boot

Diadora Van Basten
27 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

halliday is consistently on me of our best players.  I bloody hope not 

Ginnelly is out injured and we have three strikers badly in need of game time instead we play Halliday in the centre and push Snodgrass forward. As soon as I saw that my pre match confidence drained and it was proven correct.

I am fed up of Halliday being shoehorned into the team when better players are on the bench.

1 minute ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Ginnelly is out injured and we have three strikers badly in need of game time instead we play Halliday in the centre and push Snodgrass forward. As soon as I saw that my pre match confidence drained and it was proven correct.

I am fed up of Halliday being shoehorned into the team when better players are on the bench.

This 

Been saying this for weeks, please check back my past post. 

He was a massive part of the issue and as some have said, had Robbie round his little finger. Glad he’s also been booted out,  

gorgierulesapply88

Snodgrass thrown under the bus by a manager inept at changing a system to suit players he had available or at his disposal. 

23 minutes ago, alicante jambo said:

I’’d bet money on him playing a big part on Saturday. Suddenly our midfield options look thin to say the least. Devlin is a shoe-in and if big Pete is fit enough for 60 he will play. 

Any other option paired with Devlin give me the fear. 

Edited by DS98

Diadora Van Basten
2 minutes ago, gorgierulesapply88 said:

Snodgrass thrown under the bus by a manager inept at changing a system to suit players he had available or at his disposal. 

Snodgrass should have been used more sparingly as he didn’t have a preseason and his fitness dropped off as the season went on.

Diadora Van Basten
Just now, DS98 said:

I’’d bet money on him playing a big part on Saturday. Suddenly our midfield options look thin to say the least. Devlin is a shoe-in and if big Pete is fit enough for 60 he will play. 

Any other option paired with Devlin give me the fear. 

This is what I would do as well give Haring 60 and Kio the final 30. 

My feeling is he didn’t want to be here in the first place. Much like Whelan. 

The club had a policy of signing younger players with the potential to improve and make us money when they moved on. Deviating from that hasn’t really unearthed any gems. Snodgrass, Grant. Maybe stick to the plan. 

14 minutes ago, Drylaw Hearts said:

Wakey Wakey.

Correct. 

Robbie really hasn't managed certain things well and is entirely responsible for his own downfall. 

Yet some ransoms on a forum would rather take aim at some anonymous punters! 

I thought Haring looked well off the pace but still contributed more than Snodgrass. If Snodgrass is away I'd like to see more of Pollock too.

7 minutes ago, gorgierulesapply88 said:

If only you knew how far of this truth this is. 🤣

Don’t get me wrong…..Robbie was no tactical genius, but Snodgrass was a MASSIVE part of the problem 

Just now, GinRummy said:

My feeling is he didn’t want to be here in the first place. Much like Whelan. 

The club had a policy of signing younger players with the potential to improve and make us money when they moved on. Deviating from that hasn’t really unearthed any gems. Snodgrass, Grant. Maybe stick to the plan. 

If this has been the club ethos since the start of the Budge era then we been absolutely horrific at executing it. We've scraped over £1M twice in 9 years for Sow and Hickey. Many of the deals where we've pushed the boat out for players the deal has been so unfathomably bad we've needed to financially incentivise the player to get him out the door. 

I'm afraid this supposed policy and ethos remains to this point at least, a total myth.

Pasquale for King

I think he wants to retire but he’s steadily got worse the longer hes been here. No loss really and we didn’t really seem to get much from his deliveries or shooting prowess. 

colinmaroon
1 hour ago, Mr Elwood P said:

It's 'snide' subjective comment. Absolutely nothing in it is self explanatory.

His "truth." 

We don't call them opinions anymore. 

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, cameron79 said:

I thought Haring looked well off the pace but still contributed more than Snodgrass. If Snodgrass is away I'd like to see more of Pollock too.

Spot on. 

Watt-Zeefuik
28 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

Pfft stop it Led. 

I heard him and Naismith had a full on "Loser Leaves Town" match at Oriam which only ended when Naismith managed to pull out a Sweet Chin Music for the three count after taking 2 powerbombs. 

If that happened, it's completely unacceptable . . . .

. . . if it was not filmed and released on Hearts TV to subscribers . . .

20 minutes ago, Drylaw Hearts said:

Wakey Wakey.

FFS I didn't say it was a coincidence. I said it doesn't have to necessarily have involved massive drama.

• Selkirkhmfc1874 changed the title to Bellend picture of the day