Snodgrass

gorgierulesapply88

7 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

He was absolutely outstanding when he earned that nickname. He then went on to be just standing, and then just falling over. 

For a handful of games. Even then you had folk giving him 8s etc on the ratings threads when he'd clearly been no more than a 3 or 4.

Modric is 37 and still runs all day and is rapid in bursts. It's an affront to football that nickname (I do appreciate it's just a bit of fun though 😂👍)

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Naisys Tackle

• BackOfTheNet

• Luckies1874

• Pete Elliott

A_A wehatethehibs
8 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

Funny thing I was told yesterday by a good source, that Snodgrass was the one who went to the board and raised concerns about players getting days off and Robbie going on golfing trips, when he and another senior player felt they should be on the training pitch as opposed to days off, I’m calling bullshit on this he’s been sacked nonsense
You can’t just sack a player with his reputation and experience by deciding he’s a bad egg without cast iron evidence 

Hearts would come out of that looking terrible and players might think twice about coming here, not believing this story.

A mutually agreed termination isn’t the same thing as being sacked. As has been suggested above Naismith could’ve just told him he’s not going to play again, and he’s said “right can we terminate my contract then” so he can go and find a club immediately rather than wait till summer. 

Hungry hippo
5 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

I’d be surprised if he’d been sacked unless a breach of contract.

Yeah, he wont have been sacked. We'd just pay up the 2 months left on his contract.

Luckies1874
18 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

Signed as a free agent to bolster numbers during the Euro campaign (even though he couldn't play in it). Contract until the end of the season with his family still based down south.

Manager who signed him is emptied, caretaker makes it clear he'll only be a bit-part at best for the last 7 games, they agree to part ways now rather than him warm the bench for another 6 weeks.

Could be as simple as that.  Causing unrest? maybe, maybe not.

Indeed. Good post.

LochcarronJambo
21 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

Signed as a free agent to bolster numbers during the Euro campaign (even though he couldn't play in it). Contract until the end of the season with his family still based down south.

Manager who signed him is emptied, caretaker makes it clear he'll only be a bit-part at best for the last 7 games, they agree to part ways now rather than him warm the bench for another 6 weeks.

Could be as simple as that.  Causing unrest? maybe, maybe not.

That makes a lot of sense, if he has left

gorgierulesapply88
1 minute ago, LochcarronJambo said:

That makes a lot of sense, if he has left

For me if he's gone, I want a younger player in his place. We need someone with the same energy as Devlin. Haring could well be back from his 'injury' but for me he's not the answer.

6 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

A mutually agreed termination isn’t the same thing as being sacked. As has been suggested above Naismith could’ve just told him he’s not going to play again, and he’s said “right can we terminate my contract then” so he can go and find a club immediately rather than wait till summer. 

He could sign a pre-contract any time he wants now but he cannot play for another club this season. 

pettigrewsstylist
16 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Would we be more bothered if he'd been banging in the goals?!?

Pity we didnt figure out that teams doubling up on snoddy should have left us with a free player!

Thats it, irrelevant though at the pace we transitioned. 

LochcarronJambo
2 minutes ago, gorgierulesapply88 said:

For me if he's gone, I want a younger player in his place. We need someone with the same energy as Devlin. Haring could well be back from his 'injury' but for me he's not the answer.

Me too - maybe same energy as Devlin but need a lot more guile , but unfortunately we will have to wait for that

A_A wehatethehibs
1 minute ago, Swanny17 said:

He could sign a pre-contract any time he wants now but he cannot play for another club this season. 

Could he not sign in the Championship somewhere? Recall we signed Shay Logan in about March outside window. Could be he’s already signed a pre contract somewhere 

RustyRightPeg

Be funny if this was all complete nonsense and he scored the winner on Saturday. 

More words to be eaten by lots of people. 

1 minute ago, Pete Elliott said:

A completely unprofessional Johnny Bigbaws. Good riddance.

And if this news is all a lot of bollocks?

:bwcornette:

Pete Elliott
1 minute ago, AndyNic said:

Comment is accurate whether he has left or not.

2 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Be funny if this was all complete nonsense and he scored the winner on Saturday. 

Nonsense or not, unfortunately this won't be happening.

A_A wehatethehibs
2 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Well there’s definitely no chance of that… 

The Real Maroonblood
4 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

That would be a miracle.

:10900:

Edited by The Real Maroonblood

Cameronstheman
4 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Thats a right proper flight of fancy

Just now, DS98 said:

The guy brings his own bouncer to games at Tynie and has him follow him about the players lounge. Strange behaviour.

Shirley not?! :lol:

1 minute ago, DS98 said:

The guy brings his own bouncer to games at Tynie and has him follow him about the players lounge. Strange behaviour.

The Fans Bar mafia do the same. 

45 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

Snodgrass was never going to be part of the plans under SN.

Couple of good posters said this now, SN.  Would you be happy/able to elaborate?  Is it simply on-pitch?  ie Naisy thinks Snoddy is done, or is there more to it?

As I say, heard just recently Snodgrass been a bit of a divisive character, which surprised me.

Are guys who've played a long time top level down south just so mollycoddled and believe all the hype - maybe takes a special type like Naisy himself to be able to adjust back to Scottish football through sheer sporting determination....?!?!

4 minutes ago, DS98 said:

He's got a Man Friday? Seriously?

Nelly Terraces
12 minutes ago, Jonkel Hoon said:

Another player who regressed massively. He went from Caviar to cannae pass

Heh heh, good line, gave me a wee chuckle 😁

AlphonseCapone
28 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

Nonsense, raising concerns about the way the football side is being run is not being a grass (are you 12)

25 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

I wouldn’t say that’s grassing. Especially if he’s the one between him and another senior player who’s had the courage to speak up. 

Things seem off behind the scenes - Kingsley’s article in tow. Somethings not right. 

****ing hell lads I thought it was clear that it was a daft wee joke, folk a bit too tense the now eh. 

31 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

He was absolutely outstanding when he earned that nickname. He then went on to be just standing, and then just falling over. 

Snodrich

Snodcomfortable

Snodskint

LochcarronJambo
Just now, Nelly Terraces said:

Heh heh, good line, gave me a wee chuckle 😁

Me tae

Pete Elliott
1 minute ago, TheBigO said:

Couple of good posters said this now, SN.  Would you be happy/able to elaborate?  Is it simply on-pitch?  ie Naisy thinks Snoddy is done, or is there more to it?

As I say, heard just recently Snodgrass been a bit of a divisive character, which surprised me.

Are guys who've played a long time top level down south just so mollycoddled and believe all the hype - maybe takes a special type like Naisy himself to be able to adjust back to Scottish football through sheer sporting determination....?!?!

Snodgrass has always had a rep for being a ‘influential’ dressing room character.

Naisys Tackle
1 minute ago, Debut 4 said:

Looking forward to Kio dictating the tempo now….

:rofl:he just needs time and patience (and a taxi hame). 

Just now, Pete Elliott said:

Snodgrass has always had a rep for being a ‘influential’ dressing room character.

Pretty sure his stupid sending off would go down well with the rest of the players during their private talk!

Yes but I thought in a positive way.  Always seemed to be a popular guy which is why I was delighted when we signed him.  I always really liked him for Scotland.

But then I guess you could say someone like Lafferty was "popular" cos he was a good laugh.  A good influence?  Na not so much.

Guy is finished at any decent level. Legs have gone. Ok pointing and screaming at folk when you’re playing really well. If you’re utter gash then it’s not a good look. 

Pete Elliott
Just now, TheBigO said:

Yes but I thought in a positive way.  Always seemed to be a popular guy which is why I was delighted when we signed him.  I always really liked him for Scotland.

But then I guess you could say someone like Lafferty was "popular" cos he was a good laugh.  A good influence?  Na not so much.

Whelan Mk II

Just now, Thomaso said:

Pretty sure his stupid sending off would go down well with the rest of the players during their private talk!

tbf it was nothing like a yellow card.

I did think as soon as he got his yellow "he's getting a red today".  Just knew it!  However, what he got it for was nonsense.  Terrible decision and ridic that VAR can't intervene in that situ too

Takes Naismith 24 hours to see him for what he is. Guid start Naisy 

Whelan Mk II

Lesson learnt now surely.  We need to know a guy absolutely inside out if he's coming in as a "leader".  Moreso than a 22 yearold we're signing I'd suggest.

Let's stop signing guys who can't hack the English top 2 divisions any more!  Naisy was great until injury tbf, so there will be exceptions, but its a market I think we should avoid unless we're 100% on it.  Of course maybe we were, but, well, we were wrong it would appear.

All a bit based on rumour still, I guess, but doesn't feel outlandish

Drylaw Hearts

That must have been some meeting after the game on Saturday.

Snodgrass has done a huge favour……he apparently instigated a revolt against the management team and it’s ultimately cost him.

3 down and hopefully many more to follow over the coming weeks and months.

2 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

I did think as soon as he got his yellow "he's getting a red today".  Just knew it!  However, what he got it for was nonsense.  Terrible decision and ridic that VAR can't intervene in that situ too

It was a stupid sliding tackle when you are already on a yellow! He should have known better!

LochcarronJambo
1 minute ago, TheBigO said:

Yes he played the ball & not a nasty tackle…poor decision to give yellow…..however i thought exactly same as you he 

davemclaren
4 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Should have been taken off at half-time as he was an accident waiting to happen. Was never a foul though, the second tackle. 

Looked unfit when he first arrived, came on to a good game for a month or two but struggled recently. Hey ho. 

14 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

It’s on the Daily Record mate, what more proof does anyone need. 😀