Snodgrass

gorgierulesapply88

Geoff Kilpatrick

I am not ITK but the pertinent thing here, if Snodgrass has left the building, is that those querying Naismith setting up the B team in the same way shouldn't worry. Naismith has his own ideas on how the team should be set up and the style will change. This is what we've been crying out for.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Naisys Tackle

• BackOfTheNet

• Luckies1874

• Pete Elliott

19 minutes ago, WageThief said:

All of it happened but in a different order.  Snodgrass had Robbie eating out the palm of his hand and everyone was raging, so Cochrane punched him with the palm of his hand, Snodgrass then shat it and got himself a bouncer but Cochrane still scared him at training by threatening to punch him again (and shag his bird), so Snodgrass went to the board about Robbie and training, but then Snodgrass inadvertently shagged Cochrane's bird, so he tried to make it up to him by going mad at Neilson about tactics and all the players agreed with him.  So McKinley sacked Neilson and told the squad that Joe Savage was the father of McKenzie Kirk and that Savage had been shagging Andy Kirk's wife for around two decades.  

Soap!!!

18 minutes ago, LochcarronJambo said:

Had a good laugh reading that 😂

15 minutes ago, Carter said:

:laugh:

You found that funny?

LochcarronJambo
1 minute ago, Morgan said:

You found that funny?

Aye just a made up bit of fun ffs

1 hour ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Snodgrass went to the board about Robbie and training. 

Snodgrass had Robbie eating out the palm of his hand and everyone was raging he wouldn't get dropped. 

Cochrane punched Snodgrass. 

Snodgrass went mad at Neilson about tactics and all the players agreed with him. 

Yes, it is clear folk aren't just making shit up. 

Don't forget who shot JR 😉 

kingantti1874
30 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

I am not ITK but the pertinent thing here, if Snodgrass has left the building, is that those querying Naismith setting up the B team in the same way shouldn't worry. Naismith has his own ideas on how the team should be set up and the style will change. This is what we've been crying out for.

I don’t think anyone is worried tbh

7 minutes ago, Butterbean1874 said:

Snodgrass will follow Robbie n Jig to Kilmarnock after McInnes comes to the Jambos 🇱🇻

B3C958C2-EF75-4EF4-8FFF-4762170333BC.gif.0a737b7dc2010d7ee25e9c3e82254c97.gif

1 hour ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Can't say I'll shed a tear if Snodgrass leaves early. He's not kicked a ball in weeks.

Can he not take Kio with him

Scott Leitch
55 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

😂

Ronald Villiers

Snodgrass is an imposter.  I was really looking forward to seeing him improve us but was surprised at how slow he was.  It was obvious that he has a bit of class but appeared really unfit and ponderous.  The last few matches he has been horrendous.  Poor decision making, slowing the game to a standstill, losing the ball in dangerous positions and showing no desire to win it back or track back.  He was particularly shocking in the Aberdeen, Motherwell and St Mirren games.  See ye Snoddy, dinnae let the door hit yer arse on the way out. 

4 hours ago, Ronald Villiers said:

Snodgrass is an imposter.  I was really looking forward to seeing him improve us but was surprised at how slow he was.  It was obvious that he has a bit of class but appeared really unfit and ponderous.  The last few matches he has been horrendous.  Poor decision making, slowing the game to a standstill, losing the ball in dangerous positions and showing no desire to win it back or track back.  He was particularly shocking in the Aberdeen, Motherwell and St Mirren games.  See ye Snoddy, dinnae let the door hit yer arse on the way out. 

Summed up well , an ageing player past his prime by along shot, however we decided to build our play around him . One of the biggest mistakes of the season IMO

Ronald Villiers
33 minutes ago, fila said:

Summed up well , an ageing player past his prime by along shot, however we decided to build our play around him . One of the biggest mistakes of the season IMO

Absolutely mate.

36 minutes ago, fila said:

It worked really well for a while and got us a lot of points. The mistake was not dropping Snodgrass or changing it when his form dropped. 

Just now, Dazo said:

It worked really well for a while and got us a lot of points. The mistake was not dropping Snodgrass or changing it when his form dropped. 

What do you reckon to the 'Snodgrass had robbie in his back pocket' chat from earlier in the thread. I think it's maybe an exaggeration but sounds believable.  I don't understand why Neilson would be so loyal to a player who was just in the door.

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

What do you reckon to the 'Snodgrass had robbie in his back pocket' chat from earlier in the thread. I think it's maybe an exaggeration but sounds believable.  I don't understand why Neilson would be so loyal to a player who was just in the door.

I spoke to a player yesterday, the gist of the problems stemmed from their relationship in comparison to how RN was treating other players. Dressing room was a mess. 

12 hours ago, Taffin said:

For about 5 games. Nobody is pretending anything, he's an over the hill player with no pace who once was a very good player and managed a handful of good games for us too.

Caviar? Rolls Royce? Comparisons to Modric? 😂😂

It was more than 5 games, and after those games, Hearts fans, other teams fans and pundits alike were all waxing lyrical about Snodgrass's performances - and rightly so.

He's not all of a sudden 'over the hill' in the space of a couple months. He's simply not playing well along with the others.

No one seriously compared him to Modric either, the name was merely a testament to how well he was playing.

So if you're not pretending, you're at the very least revising history - he was very good for us for a period of time, and this was rightly highlighted.

3 minutes ago, Dazo said:

I spoke to a player yesterday, the gist of the problems stemmed from their relationship in comparison to how RN was treating other players. Dressing room was a mess. 

It's just so disappointing that's happened. Not just that one strong character can ruin the perceived harmony in the dressing room but that a manager and coaches let it happen.

3 minutes ago, saxondale said:

It was more than 5 games, and after those games, Hearts fans, other teams fans and pundits alike were all waxing lyrical about Snodgrass's performances - and rightly so.

He's not all of a sudden 'over the hill' in the space of a couple months. He's simply not playing well along with the others.

No one seriously compared him to Modric either, the name was merely a testament to how well he was playing.

So if you're not pretending, you're at the very least revising history - he was very good for us for a period of time, and this was rightly highlighted.

He is finished at this level for consistency of performance 

ScandinavianJambo
19 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Interesting....

I wonder if he was promised a coach gig as well, and Naismith got rid of any potential competition...the plot thickens..

8 minutes ago, saxondale said:

No worries, Robert 👍

Just kidding, but if you don't think he's over the hill presumably you think his next move will be back to EPL level football?

I reckon he's been over the hill for quite a few years and he'll be lucky to get a club close to our level next.

BackOfTheNet
10 minutes ago, saxondale said:

People were waxing lyrical based on his reputation and the young team happy to see a PL player in maroon. Plenty of us called it as it was week after week in the match day threads (when he was good he was good, but he was never great) and people called us out for it claiming we didn’t know anything about football.

As I’ve said already in this thread, he had great composure and the ability to look like he was strolling it. But that in turn meant our midfield lost almost all its dynamism, which was a core reason for our success last season. If anyone is truly honest, our team looked off kilter since the moment he came in and played in the centre. Looking back people can surely see this, even if they didn’t see it at the time like some of us did.

9 minutes ago, saxondale said:

He went very quickly from running the game to being a complete and utter empty jersey. Doesn’t matter what was happening around him, his personal contribution fell off a cliff.

Most disappointing aspect of the whole thing for me is here we had a senior pro who had played at a high level and when the going got tough he had nothing to offer. That’s a big part of why you sign an experienced senior pro.

I’d like to believe this story coming out that the first thing Naismith did was to tell Snodgrass he wouldn’t be required at training or matchday for the rest of the season and to get in touch with Savage to cut a deal. Ballsy and unflinching from Naismith if it’s true.

BackOfTheNet
3 minutes ago, Taffin said:

No worries, Robert 👍

Just kidding, but if you don't think he's over the hill presumably you think his next move will be back to EPL level football?

I reckon he's been over the hill for quite a few years and he'll be lucky to get a club close to our level next.

He was only approached by Motherwell (that we know of) before he signed for us. I was against his signing initially as I believed what has come to fruition would happen, but even I after the first few games (when he was higher up the park like the 3-4 against Celtic) thought he could do a job for the season.

But basically, there was a reason we ‘snatched him’ from Motherwell. Some on here were acting like we were lucky to have him. There’s a reason clubs bigger than us didn’t want him, as it has shown.

10 hours ago, Butterbean1874 said:

Snodgrass will follow Robbie n Jig to Kilmarnock after McInnes comes to the Jambos 🇱🇻

Robbie will be off to St Midden when Robinson gets a better job.

been here before
12 minutes ago, ScandinavianJambo said:

Interesting....

I wonder if he was promised a coach gig as well, and Naismith got rid of any potential competition...the plot thickens..

Only if you believe any random shite dreamed up by folk with too much time on their hands based on not a lot of information garnered from ill foundrd theories plucked from the internet and presented as fact.

Such as your own post.

31 minutes ago, Dazo said:

I've heard similar bits and bobs. The mood has lifted already. Onwards and upwards.

Bazzas right boot
17 minutes ago, ScandinavianJambo said:

Interesting....

You made that up to thicken the plot all by yourself. 

pettigrewsstylist
43 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Yip, important points gained while we had that jump. We just didnt appear to have much imagination or energy when it was confronted directly.

25 minutes ago, fila said:

He is finished at this level for consistency of performance 

By that logic, so are all of our players.

Bazzas right boot
47 minutes ago, Dazo said:

That's were Bobs ****ed up then, before that the changing room seemed really happy.

Snodgrass and the way Bob treated him seems to have been a massive issue and wrecked any harmony. 

Edited by Bazzas right boot

hmfc_liam06
19 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

People were waxing lyrical based on his reputation and the young team happy to see a PL player in maroon. Plenty of us called it as it was week after week in the match day threads (when he was good he was good, but he was never great) and people called us out for it claiming we didn’t know anything about football.

As I’ve said already in this thread, he had great composure and the ability to look like he was strolling it. But that in turn meant our midfield lost almost all its dynamism, which was a core reason for our success last season. If anyone is truly honest, our team looked off kilter since the moment he came in and played in the centre. Looking back people can surely see this, even if they didn’t see it at the time like some of us did.

Quite a few of us were panned for calling Snodgrass out early doors.

pettigrewsstylist
32 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

It's just so disappointing that's happened. Not just that one strong character can ruin the perceived harmony in the dressing room but that a manager and coaches let it happen.

Robbies avoidance of a strong mature captain to rely on was always gonna bite him one way or another.

19 minutes ago, Taffin said:

No worries, Robert 👍

Nah, funnily enough I don't think his next move will be the EPL.

You're probably right though, given his age, we will be the last big club he'll play for.

BackOfTheNet
3 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Quite a few of us were panned for calling Snodgrass out early doors.

Definitely. And it wasn’t even saying he was shite or anything. It was scoring him a 5 or 6 on a game day and people were undeservingly scoring him 9’s and 10’s. Not one game he played for us should he have scored above an 8.

pettigrewsstylist
12 minutes ago, been here before said:

Only if you believe any random shite dreamed up by folk with too much time on their hands based on not a lot of information garnered from ill foundrd theories plucked from the internet and presented as fact.

Such as your own post.

👍👍

hmfc_liam06
1 minute ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Definitely. And it wasn’t even saying he was shite or anything. It was scoring him a 5 or 6 on a game day and people were undeservingly scoring him 9’s and 10’s. Not one game he played for us should he have scored above an 8.

Comments like "he never loses the ball" etc :rofl:

45 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Exactly as I heard it mate.  Your sentence here is almost verbatim what I was told and no more.

What I read from it is there were players feeling they were being hung out to dry playing alongside him and then being blamed for our shortcomings.  Dev, Grant, Kio.  Even our fullbacks and defenders get a raw deal.

2nd goal against Aberdeen, look how easily that cross came into our box - have 2 or 3 dynamic midfielders, that doesn't happen.  It just doesn't - they'd need to work harder to get that ball in.  Same agaist Killie where the lad Armstrong was just swinging the ball in whenever he wanted.  We don't see training, so who knows what was happening there, but if I'm playing week after week needing to do 2 mens job and then being dragged over the coals for "failing", I'd be miffed, especially if my man short was dictating the bloody manager.

BackOfTheNet
Just now, hmfc_liam06 said:

Comments like "he never loses the ball" etc :rofl:

Just folk blinded. We have plenty in the support that do it both ways. If they don’t like a player, nothing they do will be good enough. If they like a player, nothing they do badly will ever be seen as their fault.

20 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

As I've said, it was not only Hearts fans highlighting his excellent performances, but every pundit and journalist. At one point he was tipped as the best January signing in the SPFL. This doesn't happen based on a few 'good' performances.

I'm not arguing that in the long run we maybe relied on him too much and built our style of play around his qualities, that's all true, but it's just a matter of fact that he was excellent for a large spell with us. Recently, he hasn't been very good, but either has anyone else. That's just what happens.

11 hours ago, WageThief said:

All of it happened but in a different order.  Snodgrass had Robbie eating out the palm of his hand and everyone was raging, so Cochrane punched him with the palm of his hand, Snodgrass then shat it and got himself a bouncer but Cochrane still scared him at training by threatening to punch him again (and shag his bird), so Snodgrass went to the board about Robbie and training, but then Snodgrass inadvertently shagged Cochrane's bird, so he tried to make it up to him by going mad at Neilson about tactics and all the players agreed with him.  So McKinley sacked Neilson and told the squad that Joe Savage was the father of McKenzie Kirk and that Savage had been shagging Andy Kirk's wife for around two decades.  

That's BS, there is no way Cochrane would punch anyone.

Just now, saxondale said:

As I've said, it was not only Hearts fans highlighting his excellent performances, but every pundit and journalist. At one point he was tipped as the best January signing in the SPFL. This doesn't happen based on a few 'good' performances.

I'm not arguing that in the long run we maybe relied on him too much and built our style of play around his qualities, that's all true, but it's just a matter of fact that he was excellent for a large spell with us. Recently, he hasn't been very good, but either has anyone else. That's just what happens.

Snodgrass had an excellent start to his Hearts career, then teams sussed him and our tactics out and he was crowded out of games.  He no longer had the pace to deal with it and it all went to crap from then.