Snodgrass

gorgierulesapply88

alicante jambo
34 minutes ago, DS98 said:

I’’d bet money on him playing a big part on Saturday. Suddenly our midfield options look thin to say the least. Devlin is a shoe-in and if big Pete is fit enough for 60 he will play. 

Any other option paired with Devlin give me the fear. 

He can play any part long as we win and beat these tramps mate. Huge game for a lot of our players.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BackOfTheNet

• Naisys Tackle

• GinRummy

• Sooks

Pasquale for King
9 minutes ago, jambo mark said:

Something doesn’t quite add up here. I have no inside knowledge and don’t doubt any in the knowers …

If snodgrass was such a negative influence and undermining Neilson, why wouldn’t Neilson have just binned him rather than persisting with him when we could all see he was awful? Robbie was many things, but I wouldn’t have thought he was weak and bowed to a one players pressure. Especially with like the likes of Gordon/Halkett/Boyce/shankland/Kingsley being senior figures in and about the changing room. 

Was it that snodgrass was too pally with Robbie and McCulloch and the players turned on snodgrass/Neilson after becoming fed up with him being first choice regardless of performance?

I think the last part is probably closer to the truth, he seemed to berate players who weren’t adhering to the manager’s tactics. 

5 minutes ago, Coco said:

Both times it started to go wrong by signing gash midfielders.  First time Kitchen, Cowie and Anderson.  Second time Grant, Kio and Snodgrass 

Cowie was not bad and played his part with us. 

Grant is also not bad and plays his part when played in his correct position. 

agree about the others 

2 hours ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

One wee whiff  of a rumour and its do one ya snide.🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Guy was great for us initially and had whole of Scottish fitbaw purring watching him, including plenty inside tynie.

Revisionist masterclass.

Exactly

CloustonHMFC
11 minutes ago, jambo mark said:

Something doesn’t quite add up here. I have no inside knowledge and don’t doubt any in the knowers …

If snodgrass was such a negative influence and undermining Neilson, why wouldn’t Neilson have just binned him rather than persisting with him when we could all see he was awful? Robbie was many things, but I wouldn’t have thought he was weak and bowed to a one players pressure. Especially with like the likes of Gordon/Halkett/Boyce/shankland/Kingsley being senior figures in and about the changing room. 

Was it that snodgrass was too pally with Robbie and McCulloch and the players turned on snodgrass/Neilson after becoming fed up with him being first choice regardless of performance?

Piecing all little bits together this sound close to what I believe went on. Couple of the senior players and couple of the others (Cochrane, Ginnelly et all) took it badly when they were getting it tight for poor performances from Snodgrass when he’s been utter pony himself. 

The Goalscoring Knee
22 minutes ago, joondalupjambo said:

Having a heart to heart with Naismith.  All in all he probably feels he had enough and club not bothered if he goes.  Best to part waves now. 

That's one way of getting us to the Promised Land of third place, I guess 😉.  

1 minute ago, The Goalscoring Knee said:

That's one way of getting us to the Promised Land of third place, I guess 😉.  

😂 I sea what you did there 😉

davemclaren
Just now, jambopilms said:

Haring looked as mobile as Smith did at the end of last season. Nowhere near ready for a start.

Only 7 games left in the season, all crucial.  Not sure we can afford to give him much game time to get fit. 

Luckies1874
Just now, jambopilms said:

Haring looked as mobile as Smith did at the end of last season. Nowhere near ready for a start.

Snodgrass is out anyway regardless of whether these rumours are correct. No Haring, Smith or Halliday on Saturday either please. Hope Naismith goes with guys who can at least run about, have a semblance of athleticism and can put a shift in.

joondalupjambo
1 minute ago, The Goalscoring Knee said:

That's one way of getting us to the Promised Land of third place, I guess 😉

👍😄

3 minutes ago, Kev1998 said:

And the different option gnasher is pass forward.smith is finished as a player ,a blind man could see that .him , haring And Snodgrass will hopefully be emptied at seasons end  no legs . 

Smith has been a fantastic servant for Hearts. I agree he is at the end of his career. But even on Saturday he was offering far more in an attacking sense than Kingsley on the other side. Snodgrass was screaming at him for playing forward passes, to Forrest and in to Shankland's feet. Snodgrass has wanted all possession going through him which has slowed everything down and made us far too easy to play against. Delighted he's gone. Hope to see a new right back next season because Atkinson is not the answer.

Absolute Scenes
Just now, Luckies1874 said:

Snodgrass is out anyway regardless of whether these rumours are correct. No Haring, Smith or Halliday on Saturday either please. Hope Naismith goes with guys who can at least run about, have a semblance of athleticism and can put a shift in.

Imagine he puts pollock in for his first senior start in the league!

to be fair to young pollock I think he’d thrive there

1 hour ago, Thomaso said:

It was a stupid sliding tackle when you are already on a yellow! He should have known better!

Respectfully disagree.  If you can’t make a perfectly legal tackle when on a yellow, the coach might as well sub you off when you get your first yellow. That tackle was not even remotely close to a yellow ffs!  He got ball, all ball ,then that ballet dancer tripped over him. 

Snodgrass may have his faults but he has my support regarding that sending off. 

Edited by Canscot

13 minutes ago, saxondale said:

Let's pretend that Snodgrass wasn't excellent then when he first came in...

For about 5 games. Nobody is pretending anything, he's an over the hill player with no pace who once was a very good player and managed a handful of good games for us too.

Caviar? Rolls Royce? Comparisons to Modric? 😂😂

Edited by Taffin

Just now, Canscot said:

Bullshit. If you can’t make a perfectly legal tackle when on a yellow, the coach might as well sub you off when you get your first yellow. That tackle was not even remotely close to a yellow ffs!  He got ball, all ball ,then that ballet dancer tripped over him. 

Bully for you! 👍

Luckies1874
3 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Think he might be involved but big ask to start him especially given how the rest of them have been playing. Said elsewhere and appreciate it won't be everyone's cup of tea but I'd play Sibbick in central midfield on Saturday. Has a presence, has the energy and athleticism to run for 90 minutes (exhibit A the goal in the last minute down there in January) and I don't see how he could possibly be worse than what we've been seeing in recent weeks. Devlin and Grant beside him. I'd be surprised if Shankland and Humphrys don't start up top so it leaves a spot for McKay or Kuol (maybe he will be the X factor Naismith goes for) or Ginnelly depending on what is going on with him. 

2 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

2 yellows. 

For a sending off, after a second yellow in one game, the suspension period is one match. For a so-called professional foul, a player will also receive a one-match ban. If the foul in question is dissent, it will normally be a two-match ban.

By The Light..
2 minutes ago, Canscot said:

Respectfully disagree.  If you can’t make a perfectly legal tackle when on a yellow, the coach might as well sub you off when you get your first yellow. That tackle was not even remotely close to a yellow ffs!  He got ball, all ball ,then that ballet dancer tripped over him. 

Well said.

From my seat in Section G couldn't see it so accepted the "he did that deliberately" to get sent off chat. We didn't play any worse without him and weren't going to score with or without him.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Kitchen was a good player for Neilson, he knew how to play him and when.

Cathro however, had no clue with Kitchen. 

1 minute ago, Newton51 said:

For a sending off, after a second yellow in one game, the suspension period is one match. For a so-called professional foul, a player will also receive a one-match ban. If the foul in question is dissent, it will normally be a two-match ban.

Fair enough 👌 

Naisys Tackle
25 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I’d rather have Haring in the midfield than Snodgrass. Any game. Not sure why anyone would debate that. Same way I’d rather Snodgrass in an advance position ahead of Haring.

You haven't seen Haring play competitively for more than 5 mins in months and even before then he couldn't get a game. 

The pile on re Snodgrass has been completely ott.  Just remember he will have cost a fraction of what Kio and Grant have cost us.  

john thomas
17 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

Smith has been a fantastic servant for Hearts. I agree he is at the end of his career. But even on Saturday he was offering far more in an attacking sense than Kingsley on the other side. Snodgrass was screaming at him for playing forward passes, to Forrest and in to Shankland's feet. Snodgrass has wanted all possession going through him which has slowed everything down and made us far too easy to play against. Delighted he's gone. Hope to see a new right back next season because Atkinson is not the answer.

Agree Smith is nearing the end of his career but the constant 'no legs' just isn't true.

8 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Kitchen was a good player for Neilson, he knew how to play him and when.

True up to a point but, when grilled, Neilson panned him. Kitchen responded in the press with some half baked story, essentially saying it was the pot calling the kettle black.

fabienleclerq
47 minutes ago, joondalupjambo said:

No pre season.  Too many games.  Playing in wrong position.  Having to play on shockingly bad plastic pitches.  Having to deal with terrible referees.  Final straw the fair tackle on Saturday and being sent off.  Having a heart to heart with Naismith.  All in all he probably feels he had enough and club not bothered if he goes.  Best to part waves now.  

I reckon Moses was more mobile at least.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, JayTeeJnr said:

True up to a point but, when grilled, Neilson panned him. Kitchen responded in the press with some half baked story, essentially saying it was the pot calling the kettle black.

Kind of player useful on the road but pointless against like of Hamilton at home 

Pete Elliott
26 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

Halliday is the only central midfielder we have that provides a goal threat. Nothing wrong with his engine or mobility that I’ve noticed either.

17 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

Think he might be involved but big ask to start him especially given how the rest of them have been playing. Said elsewhere and appreciate it won't be everyone's cup of tea but I'd play Sibbick in central midfield on Saturday. Has a presence, has the energy and athleticism to run for 90 minutes (exhibit A the goal in the last minute down there in January) and I don't see how he could possibly be worse than what we've been seeing in recent weeks. Devlin and Grant beside him. I'd be surprised if Shankland and Humphrys don't start up top so it leaves a spot for McKay or Kuol (maybe he will be the X factor Naismith goes for) or Ginnelly depending on what is going on with him. 

Sibbick in midfield is a good shout but we badly

need him at centre back instead of Hill.

Just now, Dick Dastardly said:

Strange, i don't have permission to view it. Never mind, like you said, i can read all about it in the morning. 

You could be "a source close to the club" :whistling:

BackOfTheNet
9 minutes ago, Naisys Tackle said:

You haven't seen Haring play competitively for more than 5 mins in months and even before then he couldn't get a game. 

The pile on re Snodgrass has been completely ott.  Just remember he will have cost a fraction of what Kio and Grant have cost us.  

I have seen Haring, thank you very much. He’s been a shadow of himself, but Snodgrass has been worse than useless since St. Mirren away when he was easily figured out. And quite frankly, he’s been mediocre through his entire time, even when some were waxing lyrical. I’ve been consistent with this on almost every match day thread or others. So this isn’t a reaction to the rumours.

Dick Dastardly
1 minute ago, merrymac said:

You could be "a source close to the club" :whistling:

How do i change my user name? 😂😂

1 minute ago, Dick Dastardly said:

How do i change my user name? 😂😂

Reckon its spot on 😄

Naisys Tackle
2 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I have seen Haring, thank you very much. He’s been a shadow of himself, but Snodgrass has been worse than useless since St. Mirren away when he was easily figured out. And quite frankly, he’s been mediocre through his entire time, even when some were waxing lyrical. I’ve been consistent with this on almost every match day thread or others. So this isn’t a reaction to the rumours.

When has Haring shown he's better than Snodgrass recently?    No he hasn't.  I'll agree to differ mate.  Not worth falling out. 

Naisys Tackle
1 minute ago, Newton51 said:

Aye he was setting up the pipe bombs in Northern Ireland for Joe Biden.   The *******. 

LogicalEric

Disappointed as thought he was superb when he first came in. Think the problem is he ended up becoming our one and only tactical focal point, as such we became predictable and one paced. 

If players are bothered about being called out it says more about the lack of bottle we have in the squad overall. Notice that only Snodgrass, Halkett and Zander are in any way vocal.

1 hour ago, gorgierulesapply88 said:

Haring is NOT good enough, and definately would rather Snodgrass with only a right leg than him!

Nonsense. A fit Haring has been a tremendous player for us. 

Luckies1874
13 minutes ago, Pete Elliott said:

Halliday is the only central midfielder we have that provides a goal threat. Nothing wrong with his engine or mobility that I’ve noticed either.

Sibbick in midfield is a good shout but we badly

need him at centre back instead of Hill.

First comment is fair yep. I don't think he is at all mobile though and is ponderous like many others in possession. He would be the one of the four I mentioned I would be least surprised to see in the team though. 

It's a difficult one re Sibbick, I just think we have less options in midfield than at the back and I like his presence in there when considering the alternatives. 

Edited by Luckies1874

40 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

That's what I want to see. Energy and home grown players being bled in. Look at Robson at Aberdeen and what he has done. Pollock looked just as good and better at times as all the other players in the middle. 

35 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Cathro also never knew where the bathroom, living room and bedrooms where.

A_A wehatethehibs
4 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Yep. You look at the full picture of Haring at Hearts, and the full picture of Snodgrass. Who’s been the better midfielder for us? Peter Haring absolutely no question about that. Only question is fitness but he has been training a month now so hopefully with each day he’s getting closer to match fit. Steven Naismith knows as well as anyone just how good a player a fit Peter Haring can be. 

44 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

Snodgrass was screaming at smith for playing forward passes? Gnasher lie down son, I can count on one hand the amount of forward passes he's played all season.mind.when he hangs up his boots he'll likely be a hearts legend on here.there are very few hearts legends,and smith,robbie etc are about 2000 on the list.

gorgierulesapply88
12 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Operative word, has been.

1 minute ago, Kev1998 said:

Snodgrass was screaming at smith for playing forward passes? Gnasher lie down son, I can count on one hand the amount of forward passes he's played all season.mind.when he hangs up his boots he'll likely be a hearts legend on here.there are very few hearts legends,and smith,robbie etc are about 2000 on the list.

I don't know you and don't like your tone. Feel free to watch the game back. 

• Selkirkhmfc1874 changed the title to Bellend picture of the day