Naismith, Forrest and McAvoy to end of the season ( updated/merged )

Thomaso

8 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

It is simple and lazy just to look at the table.  What it doesn’t show is that, unlike his colleague in charge of the A team,  Naismith had taken over a group of boys in a men’s league and has vastly improved them over the course of the season - they took only 11 points from the first 15 games but taken 30 points from the last 16 which is almost title challenging stats.  Suggests to me that he is getting his message across and these boys are responding well. 

You can continue to scoff all you like and you probably will but the fact is there is a very large poll (compared to normal poll standards) and almost 90% of Hearts fans want Robbie out compared to around 6% (which no doubt also contains the Hibs interlopers) who want him to stay.  Probably the same 6% who had their heads in the sand and backed Levein to the bitter end.  You’ll soon be on your own, along with the Hearts board who will no doubt act too late again. 

Of this there is absolutely no earthly doubt.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soonbe110

• Fozzyonthefence

• Thomaso

• Pasquale for King

1 hour ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

It is simple and lazy just to look at the table.  What it doesn’t show is that, unlike his colleague in charge of the A team,  Naismith had taken over a group of boys in a men’s league and has vastly improved them over the course of the season - they took only 11 points from the first 15 games but taken 30 points from the last 16 which is almost title challenging stats.  Suggests to me that he is getting his message across and these boys are responding well. 

You can continue to scoff all you like and you probably will but the fact is there is a very large poll (compared to normal poll standards) and almost 90% of Hearts fans want Robbie out compared to around 6% (which no doubt also contains the Hibs interlopers) who want him to stay.  Probably the same 6% who had their heads in the sand and backed Levein to the bitter end.  You’ll soon be on your own, along with the Hearts board who will no doubt act too late again. 

So, its no longer about getting that "next level" manager in, its just get anybody else in regardless and forget about third?

Thanks for clearing that up.

17 hours ago, bawheed said:

Great sensible post think most Hearts supporters would take all most anyone other than RN now.

But going no where under AB.

Only we're not under AB any more. 

We've got a CEO and a Sporting director as well as a board containing FOH reps, plenty of people to overrule any decision they don't agree with. 

Whatever decision regarding the manager it's a collective decision and collective responsibility. 

Fozzyonthefence
6 hours ago, frankblack said:

So, its no longer about getting that "next level" manager in, its just get anybody else in regardless and forget about third?

Thanks for clearing that up.

I never mentioned “next level” so please don’t try to derail it by quoting me on something I never said.  I notice that you were very quiet on the upturn in form of the B team under Naismith.  Was that disappointing for you?  One less stick to beat him with I suppose. 

My opinion is that we’re forgetting about third if we keep a failing manager who quite possibly has also lost the dressing room.  

50 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

I never mentioned “next level” so please don’t try to derail it by quoting me on something I never said.  I notice that you were very quiet on the upturn in form of the B team under Naismith.  Was that disappointing for you?  One less stick to beat him with I suppose. 

Upturn to get 12th in an amateur league using professional players against plumbers isn't helping your case.

50 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

My opinion is that we’re forgetting about third if we keep a failing manager who quite possibly has also lost the dressing room.  

If you change manager now then third is down the shitter.

Edited by frankblack

32 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Upturn to get 12th in an amateur league using professional players against plumbers isn't helping your case.

If we keep him sixth place is looking likely. 💯 

33 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

If we keep him sixth place is looking likely. 💯 

You'd be loving that.

How long would you give the next guy before you shite the bed and start calling for his head? 

1 minute ago, frankblack said:

You'd be loving that.

How long would you give the next guy before you shite the bed and start calling for his head? 

If he loses 5 of his first 6 games but you know that's never going to happen 😴 

50 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

If he loses 5 of his first 6 games but you know that's never going to happen 😴 

You think a replacement at this stage will guarantee third. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

6 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Guarantee some effort, third already gone. :jj_facepalm:

13 minutes ago, frankblack said:

I'd imagine our best chance of 3rd is to stick rather than twist. Things could get ugly quickly though. If we lose on Saturday and the derby it'll be hard to survive, even with this Board. 

Management and players have made a complete mess of this situation. Performances far predate the bad results. 

Edited by Carter

Fozzyonthefence
2 hours ago, frankblack said:

Professionals?  They’re boys who he didn’t sign and most of them likely won’t make it as professionals.  

Down the shitter if we keep Neilson anyway.  You’ve never heard of a new manager bounce?  Motherwell and Aberdeen got it immediately so why can’t Hearts with better players than them?  At least the interlopers are on the same page as you I suppose, neatly all Hearts fans want him gone. 

Fozzyonthefence
1 hour ago, frankblack said:

You'd be loving that.

Being proactive and taking a gamble on a new manager would be brave not shitting the bed.  Shitting the bed and pishing your pants is worrying yourself that nobody can possibly do a better job than a limited manager like Robbie.  It’s plain bonkers.  

periodictabledancer

You think RN staying will guarantee third ?

54 minutes ago, periodictabledancer said:

You think RN staying will guarantee third ?

If he goes we definitely aren't getting third.

Fozzyonthefence
2 minutes ago, frankblack said:

You don’t know that, it’s purely your opinion (one out of touch with the vast majority of Hearts fans).  In fact its a quite ridiculous statement to make to suggest another manager can’t come in and win 3 or 4 of our last 8 games in this shitty league.  Stuart Kettlewell and Barry Robson are doing better than that ffs!  

Anyway, we will never find out. 

7 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

You don’t know that, it’s purely your opinion (one out of touch with the vast majority of Hearts fans).  In fact its a quite ridiculous statement to make to suggest another manager can’t come in and win 3 or 4 of our last 8 games in this shitty league.  Stuart Kettlewell and Barry Robson are doing better than that ffs!  

Anyway, we will never find out. 

Most educated people would agree with me.  

Your post is straw clutching at its very best.  For every caretaker that succeeds there are three or four that make things worse.  Stevie Hammell, McPhee, Gary Locke, etc.

Naisys Tackle
2 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Your post is straw clutching at its very best.  For every caretaker that succeeds there are three or four that make things worse.  Stevie Hammell, McPhee, Gary Locke, etc.

Stevie Hammell done well as caretaker that's why he got the job full time.  Lockey wasn't caretaker either.  

Not need to be so patronising either if your examples are ****ing crap. 

Bazzas right boot
21 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Folk keep mentioning cl as some kind of example,  why?

When he left we got worse and ended up adrift at the bottom of the league and then got demoted. 

Sacking cl never worked out,  especially with the timing and his replacement. 

Allowing  Bob to leave the first time never worked out.

We are also 3rd, not 11th.

If Naismith doesn't get us 3rd do we punt him too?

It's almost like some need a crisis and change just right keep it Interesting. 

Edited by Bazzas right boot

3 hours ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Stevie Hammell done well as caretaker that's why he got the job full time.  Lockey wasn't caretaker either.  

Not need to be so patronising either if your examples are ****ing crap. 

I don't remember most caretakers because they don't tend to last long in the public eye.

As for examples, the previous poster selects two who have had a little short-term success in clubs.  Other examples where that happens often fall away after a new manager bounce.  Solskjaer anyone, and Hammell?

Your choice is either change manager and forget third or stick it out in case Neilson turns it around and seals third.

Naisys Tackle
1 minute ago, frankblack said:

I don't remember most caretakers because they don't tend to last long in the public eye.

As for examples, the previous poster selects two who have had a little short-term success in clubs.  Other examples where that happens often fall away after a new manager bounce.  Solskjaer anyone, and Hammell?

Your choice is either change manager and forget third or stick it out in case Neilson turns it around and seals third.

So you ripped another poster with out actually checking or remembering? 

The caretaker in this instance would be around for short term success ie finish 3rd.  

Why would we forget 3rd?  Just an excuse now to keep him Franko. 

11 hours ago, frankblack said:

Why's that?

He's appears to have lost the dressing room and we have been on a terrible slump,  showing no signs of improvement whatsoever. Interested to know what makes you so sure that we definitely don't get third without him bearing this in mind.

Fozzyonthefence
3 hours ago, frankblack said:

Really?  Have you checked to see how many of the 85% that disagree with you  are educated or not it or are you just making stuff up to try and give credibility to you and a few vermin interlopers that want him to stay?  A huge majority of Hearts fans want him away, you’re the one clutching at straws.  

Fozzyonthefence
22 minutes ago, Chimp said:

Why's that?

He's appears to have lost the dressing room and we have been on a terrible slump,  showing no signs of improvement whatsoever. Interested to know what makes you so sure that we definitely don't get third without him bearing this in mind.

Starting to look like that, even some of the staunchest from the Neilson Defence League coming to that conclusion.  The remaining ones will have to be doing double shifts on Saturday night if we lose and no doubt some more new accounts appearing with the same aggressive writing styles. 😙 

The results can be turned around but I don’t think the dressing room can be if that is indeed the case and I don’t see Robbie recovering from this.  The writing is on the wall as well as the plaza. 

1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Starting to look like that, even some of the staunchest from the Neilson Defence League coming to that conclusion.  The remaining ones will have to be doing double shifts on Saturday night if we lose and no doubt some more new accounts appearing with the same aggressive writing styles. 😙 

The results can be turned around but I don’t think the dressing room can be if that is indeed the case and I don’t see Robbie recovering from this.  The writing is on the wall as well as the plaza. 

Yep I have to agree, there's no way back this time. He might buy himself a bit of extra time if we do somehow scrape to 3rd but for the majority now his days at Hearts are done. The support is far too divided so it's only going to cause problems in future. We need a support that's fully behind the manager for us to thrive.

Fozzyonthefence
40 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Solskjaer is a terrible example to use to back your argument up since he provided exactly the kind of new manager bounce that would guarantee us third.  As have the most recent two examples in our own league.  And remember,  we’re only talking short term (8 games).  That would give us plenty time to source a new permanent manager for next season. 

Your last paragraph is so ridiculous it suggests you can only be a close friend or family member to be honest.  Clearly both scenarios can lead to third but most Hearts fans think it is more likely without Robbie, based on the evidence in front of their own eyes and the noise coming from the players.  

28 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Solskjaer is a terrible example to use to back your argument up since he provided exactly the kind of new manager bounce that would guarantee us third.  As have the most recent two examples in our own league.  And remember,  we’re only talking short term (8 games).  That would give us plenty time to source a new permanent manager for next season. 

Your last paragraph is so ridiculous it suggests you can only be a close friend or family member to be honest.  Clearly both scenarios can lead to third but most Hearts fans think it is more likely without Robbie, based on the evidence in front of their own eyes and the noise coming from the players.  

:rofl:

To summarise:

You want to take a wild punt that someone with no experience will come in, hit the ground running, and seal third with 8 games.

Fozzyonthefence
3 minutes ago, frankblack said:

To summarise:

You want to take a wild punt that someone with no experience will come in, hit the ground running, and seal third with 8 games.

To summarise, you just glossed over the shite that I pulled you up for in your last post. 

If we could get a good permanent manager in now,  I’d go for that but that seems unlikely so yes, I’d happily have Naismith in the dugout on Saturday.  To be honest, anyone that doesn’t think Kuol and McKay in central midfield against Rangers (or any team for that matter) is a good idea would probably be an upgrade.  I wouldn’t expect an amateur manager or even my 14 year old FIFA Manager to come out with that joke.  Robbie made himself a laughing stock that night and I can’t see him recovering. 

Out of interest, when did you want Levein gone?

Fozzyonthefence
5 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

explain please

I’m sure he would have also thought Aberdeen “definitely” wouldn’t get 3rd or 4th when they appointed an interim manager with no experience in Robson.  I mean that was bound to fail wasn’t it because new managers are never, ever any good in their first post?  Even a limited manager like Robbie made a good first of it in his first job.  There’s no guarantees it would work with us of course, there never are with managerial appointments (how many of us thought Goodwin, who appeared to be a safe pair of hands, would flop so badly at Aberdeen?).

6 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Folk keep mentioning cl as some kind of example,  why?

When he left we got worse and ended up adrift at the bottom of the league and then got demoted. 

Sacking cl never worked out,  especially with the timing and his replacement. 

Allowing  Bob to leave the first time never worked out.

We are also 3rd, not 11th.

If Naismith doesn't get us 3rd do we punt him too?

It's almost like some need a crisis and change just right keep it Interesting. 

:facepalm: One of the main reasons replacing CL never worked out is it took us so long to actually do it that the decline was so terminal that it couldn’t be turned around.

I’d hate to see what your strategy would be like in a war scenario. “Ach we’ll just see what happens cos if I act now it might make things worse” meanwhile cities are being destroyed :lol:

Batistuta87

This is reminding me of the  "Give it Giggseh til enda the season" guy.

Don't think Naismith would be the answer at this stage. Just a gut feeling. 

Edited by Batistuta87

Bazzas right boot
30 minutes ago, The Tackle said:

:facepalm: One of the main reasons replacing CL never worked out is it took us so long to actually do it that the decline was so terminal that it couldn’t be turned around.

I’d hate to see what your strategy would be like in a war scenario. “Ach we’ll just see what happens cos if I act now it might make things worse” meanwhile cities are being destroyed :lol:

I'd hate to see your like as chief.

After winning more battles than you lost and making steady progress-You'd lose a battle, execute everyone  in command and then 6 months later  wonder why things never got better and you lost the war.

All the time filling yer pants after every set back while screaming at the troops " believe "  over and over.

29 minutes ago, The Tackle said:

Why don't we all just sit on our hands and shut our mouths after all RN told us he would have a meeting,sort it out and bring more energy to the team after the Aberdeen game,that seemed to have worked a treat against a team that had been ripped apart by Inverness 2 or 3 weeks ago.

3 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Out of interest, when did you want Levein gone?

The diehards would probably love it if he was still here.

It would be a question of him just needing one more window to get us near the top of the league.

League 1, that is.

2 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

I'd hate to see your like as chief.

After winning more battles than you lost and making steady progress-You'd lose a battle, execute everyone  in command and then 6 months later  wonder why things never got better and you lost the war.

All the time filling yer pants after every set back while screaming at the troops " believe "  over and over.

3 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

This is reminding me of the  "Give it Giggseh til enda the season" guy.

Don't think Naismith would be the answer at this stage. Just a gut feeling. 

12th place with the B Team hardly suggests he will get us to third.

Some have difficulty recalling how well things went with caretakers like McPhee.  A new manager bounce is often a freefall belly-flop.

Batistuta87

Some have difficulty recalling how well things went with caretakers like McPhee.  A new manager bounce is often a freefall belly-flop.

Yeah agree mate. I'm very unhappy with Robbie right now but think we stand a better chance of third by sticking with him than sacking him and appointing SN. 

Fozzyonthefence

That maybe depends if that B team is over performing or under performing.  And don’t come back with the “they’re professionals against amateurs” crap - they’re just boys playing against men (which you refuse to acknowledge) and the 2nd half of the season they’ve improved a hell of a lot (which you also refuse to acknowledge) so much so that their ppg during that period over the whole season would be just about up there challenging for the title  with Rangers and Celtic who you’d expect to have the best crop of youngsters (and I believe are older than ours).

Personally, I find it encouraging how Naismith has turned around the fortunes of the B team - I’m not really sure why you’re not willing to give an ounce of credit to a very good former player of ours.  

I’m well aware there are no guarantees in any new appointment just like there are no guarantees with keeping faith in a manager and ultimately nearly all managers reach a ceiling / start failing.  I think we’ve reached that ceiling with Robbie and have no confidence in his ability to turn things / a dressing room around.  

You’ve got your opinion and I’ve got mine - neither of us is going to change the other’s opinion.  But to try passing your opinion as fact / “definitely” won’t get 3rd is just subjective nonsense - you don’t know what will happen and neither do I.  What great things had Barry Robson done to justify him getting the gig at Aberdeen?  I bet a lot of their fans were a bit apprehensive about that appointment.   He’s completely transformed a group of players that weren’t trying a leg for Goodwin (sound familiar?).

Tommy Brown
1 hour ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

That maybe depends if that B team is over performing or under performing.  And don’t come back with the “they’re professionals against amateurs” crap - they’re just boys playing against men (which you refuse to acknowledge) and the 2nd half of the season they’ve improved a hell of a lot (which you also refuse to acknowledge) so much so that their ppg during that period over the whole season would be just about up there challenging for the title  with Rangers and Celtic who you’d expect to have the best crop of youngsters (and I believe are older than ours).

Personally, I find it encouraging how Naismith has turned around the fortunes of the B team - I’m not really sure why you’re not willing to give an ounce of credit to a very good former player of ours.  

I’m well aware there are no guarantees in any new appointment just like there are no guarantees with keeping faith in a manager and ultimately nearly all managers reach a ceiling / start failing.  I think we’ve reached that ceiling with Robbie and have no confidence in his ability to turn things / a dressing room around.  

You’ve got your opinion and I’ve got mine - neither of us is going to change the other’s opinion.  But to try passing your opinion as fact / “definitely” won’t get 3rd is just subjective nonsense - you don’t know what will happen and neither do I.  What great things had Barry Robson done to justify him getting the gig at Aberdeen?  I bet a lot of their fans were a bit apprehensive about that appointment.   He’s completely transformed a group of players that weren’t trying a leg for Goodwin (sound familiar?).

Spot on Fozzy

12 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Correct.

The reason for this is because is because he's so staunch in his defence of Neilson that giving Naismith credit would almost show a lack of loyalty and would mean acknowledging that he could possibly be a better option.

The Neilson Defence League want you to believe that there is nobody out there better than him, we cannot do better and should be grateful for what we've got - and that replacing him with one of our highly rated coaches would be ridiculous. I agree it's very odd to be going out your way to put our coach down and find faults even though he seems to be doing quite well, bearing in mind he hasn't signed a single one of these boys and they are playing against good sides with a lot of ex pros and experienced guys in there.

Thunder and Lightning
3 hours ago, Chimp said:

Correct.

The reason for this is because is because he's so staunch in his defence of Neilson that giving Naismith credit would almost show a lack of loyalty and would mean acknowledging that he could possibly be a better option.

The Neilson Defence League want you to believe that there is nobody out there better than him, we cannot do better and should be grateful for what we've got - and that replacing him with one of our highly rated coaches would be ridiculous. I agree it's very odd to be going out your way to put our coach down and find faults even though he seems to be doing quite well, bearing in mind he hasn't signed a single one of these boys and they are playing against good sides with a lot of ex pros and experienced guys in there.

I thought it was Bob Defence League?  Are there numerous factions now? :) 

Each more crackpot than the last...

14 minutes ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

I thought it was Bob Defence League?  Are there numerous factions now? :) 

Each more crackpot than the last...

Seen both. Calling him Bob makes me cringe though so can't bring myself to use it haha

Thunder and Lightning
1 minute ago, Chimp said:

Seen both. Calling him Bob makes me cringe though so can't bring myself to use it haha

Agreed, awful patter used by a select deranged few.

On 03/04/2023 at 21:02, frankblack said:

You'd be loving that.

Looking like 6th now.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

5 0 win today.

It is going to be him, not if when, is now the best time for him, maybe Kettlewell and Robson came in with nothing to lose and gained a response immediately 

• davemclaren changed the title to Naismith, Forrest and McAvoy to end of the season ( updated/merged )