Naismith, Forrest and McAvoy to end of the season ( updated/merged )

Thomaso

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soonbe110

• Fozzyonthefence

• Thomaso

• Pasquale for King

A_A wehatethehibs

It’s about rolling the dice. Could end up another mcphee situation and does nothing to change anything, but at least we tried.

Scott980612
1 hour ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

It’s about rolling the dice. Could end up another mcphee situation and does nothing to change anything, but at least we tried.

This in a nutshell 

Do nothing - we fail.  

the evidence is there - Neilson can it stop the rot - times up 

Roll the dice with Naismith it could give us a chance ,  

Don’t think any hearts fan expects Naismith to be a miracle worker or a managerial mastermind 

It’s a case of fresh set of eyes of things and stop the toxicity that currently running thru the club on & off the park  

Naismith in for Easter road - come on 

Motherwell and Aberdeen recently got shot of their managers after woeful form, put in temp replacements similar to what Naismith would be, and the difference has been immediate and immense.

While it does not guarantee anything at Hearts, it cannot be any worse. 

indianajones

I dont think he is the man for the job but get him in until the end of the season right now. 

****ing sick of it. 

2 minutes ago, indianajones said:

I dont think he is the man for the job but get him in until the end of the season right now. 

****ing sick of it. 

This is were I am at and I reckon a good chunk of the support 

RN has stolen someone’s one liner “ I don’t know . I’m making this up as I go “ unfortunately for us one is out of a movie line , RN’s is from real life 

15 minutes ago, liam11 said:

Motherwell and Aberdeen recently got shot of their managers after woeful form, put in temp replacements similar to what Naismith would be, and the difference has been immediate and immense.

It would be interesting to see if players such as Kio, Grant etc can actually play football or if they are just crap signings.

Kirky Jambo

I’d agree with those saying Naismith doesn’t have the credentials to be a serious contender for a permanent appointment, and it would be depressing if our board was seriously considering it.

But we badly and urgently need a boost of some sort and one thing Naismith was always very good at was pointing the finger at others which might even be what we need. 

If any of our players come out and say anything in the press this week they should be dropped. Just keep the head down and screw the nut ffs.

Naismith could be a good motivator and will command respect because of his playing career. 

I wouldn't have a problem with him getting the job until the summer and then reviewing things again after that.

spirt of 98

Naismith has my vote.

Robbie not going to turn this round.

A very wise man once told me if you do what you always did you’ll get what you always got. 

Robbie will continue on his path as he believes he’s right. His biggest failing is not having the vision to change it up when it’s not working. 

Fozzyonthefence
9 hours ago, Kirky Jambo said:

I’d agree with those saying Naismith doesn’t have the credentials to be a serious contender for a permanent appointment, and it would be depressing if our board was seriously considering it.

But we badly and urgently need a boost of some sort and one thing Naismith was always very good at was pointing the finger at others which might even be what we need. 

If any of our players come out and say anything in the press this week they should be dropped. Just keep the head down and screw the nut ffs.

Not really disagreeing with you (and definitely agree with Naismith for interim role before Hibs game) but what credentials did Neilson have when he got appointed first time?

2 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Not really disagreeing with you (and definitely agree with Naismith for interim role before Hibs game) but what credentials did Neilson have when he got appointed first time?

He was Levein’s pet boy!

As things stand, we could play Spartans and lose. I don't think we can buy a win right now. 

I don't see us beating Hibs, so the question for the board is could Naismith re-energise the team ? I think he possibly could. Johnson will be preparing for our slow lethargic play and aware of the lack of confidence etc. Perhaps making the change is the throw of the dice we need to win 3rd. 

Alternatively, Neilson continues on and we pray there is a reaction. 

On 05/04/2023 at 13:16, Thunder and Lightning said:

Agreed, awful patter used by a select deranged few.

The “Bob” thing was started by our would be JKB comedian - absolutely shit  patter!

7 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Exactly.

11 hours ago, liam11 said:

Both acted immediately after poor results. Here we are the day after a team selection and performance like that and silence......he's going nowhere. I fear for him and his ability to turn this around but I'm praying the similarity of the Aberdeen decline doesn't have an identical ending. 

I have no idea if Naismith is any good or not, but sure I read on here that the B team play the same style of football as the first team. If that’s true, I’m not sure I want more of the same.

Let's see how it goes with Naisy. He's played at the top level, a top pro in his day. Someone the players should respect. 

7 hours ago, amadjambo said:

I have no idea if Naismith is any good or not, but sure I read on here that the B team play the same style of football as the first team. If that’s true, I’m not sure I want more of the same.

Not true. I’ve watched the young team play on a few occasions and they try to play positive football on the front foot!

Getintaethem

I thought that the B team play the same formation as the first team, to allow players to learn the system.  It’s probably not Naismith’s way of playing, but if the new manager alters the first team tactics, the B team will probably adjust to suit

55 minutes ago, Getintaethem said:

I thought that the B team play the same formation as the first team, to allow players to learn the system.  It’s probably not Naismith’s way of playing, but if the new manager alters the first team tactics, the B team will probably adjust to suit

That was all the grand plan spouted by Levein. It fell apart in a matter of months at the Academy.

girvanjambo

Naismith in before the derby - hopefully have similar impact as Robson at Aberdeen. Set the players up in a reasonable formation and who knows what may happen. 

Weakened Offender
On 02/04/2023 at 22:21, Shooter McGavin said:

Think people are looking towards Naismith in the hope we’d get a bounce like Barry Robson at Aberdeen, rather than actual merit.

The Hearts B team are currently 12th in the lowland league.

Sssshhhhh, don't post sensible stuff on here. 

1 minute ago, ramrod said:

Ah looks like the obv choice to assist Naismith 

Yeah, I mean its 6 and half a dozen, but I'd have probably given the top job to McAvoy with Naismith assisting. 

On 02/04/2023 at 22:21, Shooter McGavin said:

Think people are looking towards Naismith in the hope we’d get a bounce like Barry Robson at Aberdeen, rather than actual merit.

The Hearts B team are currently 12th in the lowland league.

Having watched the B team on a few occasions they are down in 12th due to the lack of quality in our academy rather that Naismith’s coaching.

The fact is Neilson has to go, he had lost the plot totally and the team have stopped playing for him!

We need to bring in an interim coach and Naismith is the obvious choice at the Club. Personally I think we will get a bit of bounce now Robbie has gone both on the park and on the terracing.

Edited by Thomaso

2 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Head of our academy 

Yeah just read that above, looks the ideal person to get us organised and evaluate the squad, is it confirmed or just a suggestion. 

Like the look of him and Naismith  till the end of the season and beyond if we nuck 3rd spot 

Tokyo Drifter
On 01/04/2023 at 17:28, Thomaso said:

Just putting it out there…

I honetly don't think we have any choice.

Toxteth O'Grady

There is only one person on the books who has managed the first team and has a great record of beating our next opponents.

Lockie til the end of the season would do for me.

3 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Having watched the B team on a few occasions they are down in 12th due to the lack of quality in our academy rather that Naismith’s coaching.

The fact is Neilson has to go, he had lost the plot totally and the team have stopped playing for him!

We need to bring in an interim coach and Naismith is the obvious choice at the Club. Personally I think we will get a bit of bounce now Robbie has gone both on the park and on the terracing.

It's pretty difficult to see why it could've gone so badly wrong for Robbie. Great backing from the Board. Window shut and allowed funds to being in Clark and Snodgrass isn't a bad place to be as a manager at this level. In the cold light of day he's going to require some introspection to get to the bottom of this one I reckon. 

Collapse has been alarming. 

Watt-Zeefuik

The last time we promoted our youth coach to the first team it turned out very well. I'm all in favor of doing it again.

Watt-Zeefuik
3 minutes ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

There is only one person on the books who has managed the first team and has a great record of beating our next opponents.

I'm in favor of this if we can get Hibs to bring back Terry Butcher for the game.

2 minutes ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

And "been there done things" as assist?

As asked above (but not yet answered)...does Naismith have all his coaching badges....if not then someone will need to be in there with him.

Weakened Offender
2 minutes ago, Hearts007 said:

Bound to be Naismith at least till end of season

Why? In all seriousness, why would Hearts sack Robbie and appoint Naismith until the end of the season? What is the logic here? 

Just now, Weakened Offender said:

Why? In all seriousness, why would Hearts sack Robbie and appoint Naismith until the end of the season? What is the logic here? 

Unless they have someone lined up to step right in?

1 minute ago, Carter said:

It's pretty difficult to see why it could've gone so badly wrong for Robbie. Great backing from the Board. Window shut and allowed funds to being in Clark and Snodgrass isn't a bad place to be as a manager at this level. In the cold light of day he's going to require some introspection to get to the bottom of this one I reckon. 

Collapse has been alarming. 

The honest answer is that the good results masked some pretty poor performances. Wins were dug out by a combination of individual brilliance, luck and the opposition fluffing their chances.

Whisper it but Hibs played us off the park in the second half of both our latest 3-0 wins with our late goals glossing over our 90 minute performances!

Mention that and you’re branded a Hibee or you get the “I don’t give a feck if we win” macho comment.

But if we are honest these poor performances were always going to bite back at us sometime and here we are in total collapse!

Removing Neilson is the first step to arresting that collapse and hopefully the players will respond to the more aggressive and positive coaching of the interim coach/Naismith.

Certainly I feel the fans will pitch up at ER in a more positive mood now that Neilson has gone.

• davemclaren changed the title to Naismith, Forrest and McAvoy to end of the season ( updated/merged )