Naismith, Forrest and McAvoy to end of the season ( updated/merged )

Thomaso

2 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Naismith was sidelined into that job from the first team back up team because he let his voice be heard and Neilson and Jig didn’t like what they were hearing. Simple as that.

Sure. 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soonbe110

• Fozzyonthefence

• Thomaso

• Pasquale for King

I'm not convinced with Naismith to be honest.

As much as it pains me to say it we may as well stick with Robbie for the next three games and see if he can turn things around.

Just now, jambopilms said:

Sure. 

Glad you agree 👍

3 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

3 SPL league medals

2 Scottish Cup medals

3 League Cup medals

Might as well get Kris Boyd in that case. Born winner 

Fozzyonthefence
6 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

They didn't respect him when he was club captain. Being a moaning faced dick whilst playing like Snodgrass doesn't motivate anyone.

Mind when we couldn’t win a game when Naismith wasn’t in the team?  I do.  Then injury and time caught up with him.  But when he first came he was an inspiration to the team.  Something Robbie clearly isn’t to this set of players.  It’s a gamble, ot course it is.  But we’re sleep walking our way to missing out on Europe at the moment. 

23 minutes ago, Badonde said:

What’s he done to prove he would be a good manager ?

What had Barry Robson?

FWIW @Thomaso I'd support that. Robbie isn't getting the best out of these players, he seems to be prioritising a system the players can't execute properly and that to me is enough. A good manager realises the limitations of his squad and works around it. What we're seeing is just doing the same thing week to week and expecting different results. Its madness. 

Get Naismith in to the end of the season, try and save 3rd and then build up his coaching team in the summer. 

Luckies1874

Speak to JJ tonight and have him come in to unite everyone. Have Naismith do the day to day training work and have JJ oversee and lead for the next 7-8 weeks. Take stock in June and make an ambitious and fresh appointment once they've secured 3rd. We need a bounce and a positive atmosphere by next Saturday at Tynecastle. Neilson being there is simply divisive. Get him to ****.

glynnlondon
8 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

It's 8 games . Pep won't be available til June.

We've already got the paisley pep why would we want another one of those

1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Mind when we couldn’t win a game when Naismith wasn’t in the team?  I do.  Then injury and time caught up with him.  But when he first came he was an inspiration to the team.  Something Robbie clearly isn’t to this set of players.  It’s a gamble, ot course it is.  But we’re sleep walking our way to missing out on Europe at the moment. 

When he first came in he was still a quality player, folk forget he spent many months injured only to get fit for Scotland to then be injured again and repeat.

He then spent the next two season being a passenger and captain of the worst Hearts team for years.

27 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

It has to happen. Give Stevie a go and if it doesn't work out then we bring someone in. At least it gives us time to look for a replacement. 

Neilson is going nowhere. This Board led by Budge will not dispense with him. Simply not going to happen. 

4 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Sure. 

Why else would you remove a Scotland international coach from your match day bench team ?

Walter Bishop
30 minutes ago, Badonde said:

What’s he done to prove he would be a good manager ?

Nothing that’s why it would be interim. 

what had Barry Robson done? 🤔

5 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Might as well get Kris Boyd in that case. Born winner 

Stupid comment

Can't help but feel this is based on the Terry Butcher logic of shouty, aggressive player ergo good manager.

That said, Steve Clarke seems to rate him.

4 minutes ago, Carter said:

Neilson is going nowhere. This Board led by Budge will not dispense with him. Simply not going to happen. 

She has one vote. FOH reps have 3 votes. This assumes of course that the FOH members are more inclined to vote in line with what the majority of FOH members would want. I’m also assuming of course that the vast majority of that membership want a change.

Edited by JimmyCant

Fozzyonthefence
2 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

When he first came in he was still a quality player, folk forget he spent many months injured only to get fit for Scotland to then be injured again and repeat.

He then spent the next two season being a passenger and captain of the worst Hearts team for years.

He was injured most of the time and was obvious he was finished every time he tried a comeback.  But he showed leadership on the park - we have none now. 

2 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Why else would you remove a Scotland international coach from your match day bench team ?

He was never part of the bench team to be removed ? 

Scotland are doing well but you think that because of Naismith? 

2 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Stupid comment

Is it? Same reason folk are telling me he was is a born winner, hundreds of ex ranger players with winner medals.

2 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

He was injured most of the time and was obvious he was finished every time he tried a comeback.  But he showed leadership on the park - we have none now. 

Did he ? Same leadership as Snodgrass is showing now

3 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

He was never part of the bench team to be removed ? 

Scotland are doing well but you think that because of Naismith? 

I think you’ll find he was, for the first few months after he was appointed to the coaching set up

5 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

She has one vote. FOH reps have 3 votes. This assumes of course that the FOH members are more inclined to vote in line with what the majority of FOH members would want. I’m also assuming of course that the vast majority of that membership want a change.

Budge doesn't give a **** what the fans think. 

1 minute ago, jambopilms said:

Did he ? Same leadership as Snodgrass is showing now

What’s Snodgrass got to do with Naismiths suitability as a caretaker head coach ?

Just now, Carter said:

Budge doesn't give a **** what the fans think. 

Yes we know that, or Neilson wouldn’t have been appointed, but she doesn’t have a majority share anymore. She has one vote 

25 minutes ago, Badonde said:

The players were on holiday after the Aberdeen game… shankland was in Spain and halliday in Dubai.  I’m not sure any talks actually took place.  We’re soft on and off the pitch by the sounds of it

Look at what Ten Hag done after the shambles of the Liverpool game.Thats management not aye **** off on a jolly and come back and everything will be alright.

Just now, Djm1874 said:

JJ and BB to the end of the season. just give the place a lift. Naismith could also be part of it.

Nut. Not JJ for me. He’s not in the best of health and putting him under that kind of pressure would be a big NO. He’s a bigger dinosaur than Levein as well.

3 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

I think you’ll find he was, for the first few months after he was appointed to the coaching set up

He definitely was. My take is that his current position within Hearts is to give him experience of making decisions, learning on the job, and so-on. Combine that with Scotland coaching experience and it's not any sort of stretch of the imagination that that was/is seen as a pathway to future 1st team management post-Robbie.

bean counter

If we finish 3rd again and make group stages in Europe I think he stays

If we finish 4th and don't make group stages in Europe I think we need a change

11 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Yes we know that, or Neilson wouldn’t have been appointed, but she doesn’t have a majority share anymore. She has one vote 

Her influence runs deeper than that.

Fozzyonthefence
7 minutes ago, Henroddy said:

Regarding Naismith some on here are confusing great player with great manager/coach.

Nobody knows yet.  Same as with any new manager before his first post.  But he showed good attributes as a leader when playing.  We look completely rudderless at the moment.  

13 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

What’s Snodgrass got to do with Naismiths suitability as a caretaker head coach ?

What evidence of leadership has Naismith shown? The same as Snodgrass, pointing and shouting whilst playing worse than those around him

Fozzyonthefence
Just now, jambopilms said:

What evidence of leadership has Naismith shown? The same as Snodgrass, pointing and shouting whilst playing worse than those around him

What did he do - pump your mrs or shite in your kettle?

A blind man could have seen the influence Naismith had on his team mates.  

On the other hand, what leadership qualities does Neilson show?  Never his fault, always the players, the pitch, the weather or the ref.  A leader he certainly is not.  Listen to his interview ffs - imagine that trying to motivate a team struggling for form.

Fozzyonthefence
2 minutes ago, Hunky Dory said:

If anything, it was the rest of the team that let Naismith down.

573659924_Screenshot2022-07-05093720.png.026c103ad945c9c4474d296af914e226.png

Oops, Jambopilms having a bit of a mare with this one!

Naisy in until end of season then summer to sort out new manager 

Send Neilson on sabbatical leave to Turkey to sort his bald napper out, even pay for it 

Nobody wanted him back 

He's taken this team as far as he can 

Thanks for your efforts Robbie now there's the door 

Footballfirst

When I first saw Naismith training with the first team, he was brilliant at talking the youngsters through the game and I thought that he would make a good coach when he gave up the playing side.

I've been a bit disappointed with him as B Team coach.  He's very vocal, but not always constructively. I also think that he focuses on shape and organisation to the detriment of trying to win games by dominating the opposition, e.g. happy to keep passing the ball across the back slow the game down and play the percentage pass.  Today's B team performance was probably an exception to that as they played at a higher tempo, although that might have been more to do with their previous performance with Frankie McAvoy in charge.

I'm not convinced that we would see much change in the current style of play if Naismith was to get the gig atm.

35 minutes ago, tazhearts said:

I'm not convinced with Naismith to be honest.

As much as it pains me to say it we may as well stick with Robbie for the next three games and see if he can turn things around.

It could be all over at the end of those 3 games given we don't participate post split. 

2 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

What did he do - pump your mrs or shite in your kettle?

A blind man could have seen the influence Naismith had on his team mates.  

On the other hand, what leadership qualities does Neilson show?  Never his fault, always the players, the pitch, the weather or the ref.  A leader he certainly is not.  Listen to his interview ffs - imagine that trying to motivate a team struggling for form.

I saw the influence he had on the team whilst captain of the team bottom of the league. Nil.

Totally agree with Nielson having no motivation skills.

2 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

When I first saw Naismith training with the first team, he was brilliant at talking the youngsters through the game and I thought that he would make a good coach when he gave up the playing side.

I've been a bit disappointed with him as B Team coach.  He's very vocal, but not always constructively. I also think that he focuses on shape and organisation to the detriment of trying to win games by dominating the opposition, e.g. happy to keep passing the ball across the back slow the game down and play the percentage pass.  Today's B team performance was probably an exception to that as they played at a higher tempo, although that might have been more to do with their previous performance with Frankie McAvoy in charge.

I'm not convinced that we would see much change in the current style of play if Naismith was to get the gig atm.

Somebody who talks with a bit of knowledge to back up an opinion.

Fozzyonthefence
1 minute ago, jambopilms said:

I saw the influence he had on the team whilst captain of the team bottom of the league. Nil.

Totally agree with Nielson having no motivation skills.

And presumably you saw the influence he had on the team when he was fit?  63.2% win rate with him in the team and 15.8% without him.  But you’re choosing to ignore that for some reason. 

the real mackay
58 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Folk have lost it suggesting Niasmith. Total imposter and would be yet another jobs for the boys appointment, why not get Berra and Snodgrass to help him out while we are at it.

Doesn't deserve the respect he gets on here and the squad certainly wouldn't respect him.

Sorry I really don’t get that. Naismith was a leader on the park and when we lost him from the team our form dropped off a cliff.

He is now involved, and obviously respected , in the most successful Scotland team we have had for a long time. To call him an imposter is out if order. I would give him a try and see how it goes until the end of season. My hope would be that he turns out to be similar to

wee Doddie in the 80s. I don’t think for one minute Naismith would put up with some of the performances we are enduring at present.

Just now, Fozzyonthefence said:

And presumably you saw the influence he had on the team when he was fit?  63.2% win rate with him in the team and 15.8% without him.  But you’re choosing to ignore that for some reason. 

I doubt we had that win rate in the relegated season.

Totally agree he was a good player in his first season or two, when he actually played. BUT the influence was because he was a good player not because he was a good leader, born winner etc 

No evidence of being a leader motivator etc because if he was anything near what folk are making out we wouldn't have been getting pumped every week by shite teams.

LochcarronJambo
56 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

I'm saying he didnt motivate the team when he was club captain. 

Disagree

6 minutes ago, Hunky Dory said:

He'll conveniently ignore it of course. Naismith was massively influential for most of his time at hearts, before injuries took their toll.

Massively influential as a good player not a leader and motivator

29 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Nobody knows yet.  Same as with any new manager before his first post.  But he showed good attributes as a leader when playing.  We look completely rudderless at the moment.  

Isn't he currently in charge of the B team?

Dusk_Till_Dawn

An inevitable, piss easy, Budge-laden, don’t rock the boat appointment at some stage.

She’d probably reappoint Levein given half a chance. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Naismith, Forrest and McAvoy to end of the season ( updated/merged )