Naismith, Forrest and McAvoy to end of the season ( updated/merged )

Thomaso

Works for me anything to get this complete loser of a Manager out our club he is finished  

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soonbe110

• Fozzyonthefence

• Thomaso

• Pasquale for King

Gorgierools
1 hour ago, Thomaso said:

Played at the highest level, a winner, a fighter, takes no shit, a motivator.

And I bet he'd punch the **** out of any cowards. Get him signed. What we need right now are players with fight. The big cheers go up at Tynie when someone shows fight and goes in Drew Busby hard. When did we last see that?

1 hour ago, Badonde said:

What’s he done to prove he would be a good manager ?

Just has to be better than the existing one. Basically nothing. 

1 hour ago, Thomaso said:

Just putting it out there…

It’s an option.  Though I think today, on reflection, showed that it’s as much the players as the management team that are at fault.  Neilson gave his ‘Robbie out’ guys their way today, four at the back, McKay dropped, Shankland up front and it was even worse than it’s been.  We have either done a really dreadful job on recruitment or we have most of available squad out of form and shot of confidence. Probably a mix of all of those but three or four today certainly not worth their place in starting line up but there’s no alternatives. Even with todays poor performance a competent keeper would have seen us return with three points.  Can’t get away from worst keeping performance we have seen for a long, long time. 

Clerry Jambo

Even if Neilson got us 3rd he needs to go. There is so much evidence with performances that he isn’t taking us forward despite the backing of the board. 

5 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Even if Neilson got us 3rd he needs to go. There is so much evidence with performances that he isn’t taking us forward despite the backing of the board. 

Inclined to agree. Its really frustrating because he's finished 3rd with us multiple times which successive managers have failed to do. Its no easy task, and its not take for granted where we are, but we're not even doing the basics right. We have CB's that don't defend well, wingers that can't beat a man and midfielders that can barely pass a ball. It begs questions about what is actually being worked on in training. We have 60% possession most weeks, yet can't seem to do anything with it. Why? Its pathetic. Tactics are out of step with the ability of the team IMO and we need to go back to basics and outwork opponents. 

Edited by OTT

1 minute ago, Weakened Offender said:

SN has done ZIP to deserve this utter shitehawk of a thread. 

Neither had Barry Robson at Aberdeen

1 hour ago, liam11 said:

Someone who could hopefully command respect. Doesn’t have to be a tactical genius, just needs to get these players motivated to play for him.

To the end of the season, I don’t even see it as a risk, because in my mind we’ve already lost third with Robbie

Just see what Aberdeen  have done in the last few months ! Hearts need change and need it now ! 

15 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

It’s an option.  Though I think today, on reflection, showed that it’s as much the players as the management team that are at fault.  Neilson gave his ‘Robbie out’ guys their way today, four at the back, McKay dropped, Shankland up front and it was even worse than it’s been.  We have either done a really dreadful job on recruitment or we have most of available squad out of form and shot of confidence. Probably a mix of all of those but three or four today certainly not worth their place in starting line up but there’s no alternatives. Even with todays poor performance a competent keeper would have seen us return with three points.  Can’t get away from worst keeping performance we have seen for a long, long time. 

Neilson has the final say on recruitment so we keep getting told. If that’s an issue, he is culpable.

He needed to change 2 things in tandem and not just cos the fans demanded it but because his job is hanging by a thread. 1 was change the system which was a no brainer and required only the use of a rubber and a pencil. The 2nd thing to change, and he had 2 weeks to work on it, was the motivation and attitude of the players, the focus of the tactics and the tempo we play at. He fixed none of that. Now maybe it’s just players not listening or not respecting or not understanding or not agreeing. maybe it’s players just not suited to what Neilson is imposing strategy wise. Maybe the players just aren’t good enough, but whatever angle you take it from, it’s all traceable back to him IMO and he has to go and go now whilst we still have a chance of getting 3rd over the line. 

A caretaker can maybe stick an Elastoplast on the bleeding open wound and get it over the line. I seriously doubt that Neilson can or will.

And even you can’t surely pretend that the sole reason we got beat was 2 goalkeeping errors

Edited by JimmyCant

Auld Reekin'
39 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

An inevitable, piss easy, Budge-laden, don’t rock the boat appointment at some stage.

She’d probably reappoint Levein given half a chance. 

She definitely would if she thought she could get away with doing so.

I'd be OK with Naismith for the remainder of the season, however, and would prefer that to Neilson lingering on.

Auld Reekin'
3 minutes ago, jonesy said:

I’d take this lad TBF 

image.png.88a5c4794a711239b0825e72272b8b40.png

You're just a Daydream Believer.

2 minutes ago, Auld Reekin' said:

She definitely would if she thought she could get away with doing so.

I'd be OK with Naismith for the remainder of the season, however, and would prefer that to Neilson lingering on.

Agreed.

And if he does well between now and the end of the season then perhaps explore the possibility of making it permanent. 

Have my doubts about him though.

Robbo-Jambo
16 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

This, 100 per cent.

He gets third for us ? Probably another contract extension. 😏

12 minutes ago, Auld Reekin' said:

You're just a Daydream Believer.

Michael Nesmith v Steven Naismith?

FIGHT!!!

As per Harry Hill ...

Edited by Wee Mikey

It would be easier to sack him if we hadn't given him a new bumper contact for no reason.

Because we have, seems unlikely we will pay him off.

51 minutes ago, tntjambo said:

Works for me anything to get this complete loser of a Manager out our club he is finished  

No way is he finished............he's hardly even started!

I'm sick of having to write off away games. Games against the bottom 6, home or away are entirely winnable and its ****ing offensive we piss points away against them. Especially with momentum now behind Aberdeen. 

3rd is completely slipping away IMO and it will be an undeserved miracle if we somehow finish 3rd. 

It’s a yes for me. One inexperienced, overconfident idiot surrounded by yes men and inexperienced coaches leaves hearts 

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
1 hour ago, Weakened Offender said:

triggered :(

5 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

Frankie Mcevoy ?

Thats not a bad shout for a temp role alongside Naismith to get us to the end of the season. 

RustyRightPeg
37 minutes ago, OTT said:

I'm sick of having to write off away games. Games against the bottom 6, home or away are entirely winnable and its ****ing offensive we piss points away against them. Especially with momentum now behind Aberdeen. 

3rd is completely slipping away IMO and it will be an undeserved miracle if we somehow finish 3rd. 

That's well put.

Fozzyonthefence
1 hour ago, Henroddy said:

Isn't he currently in charge of the B team?

I believe so.  He’s also currently a coach with a national team who just pumped Spain and up to pot A in the Nations league, so he must be quite highly thought of.   

2 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

I believe so.  He’s also currently a coach with a national team who just pumped Spain and up to pot A in the Nations league, so he must be quite highly thought of.   

Yep. We have an international team coach overseeing some kids that probably won't see the first team. WTF. 

3 hours ago, Badonde said:

What’s he done to prove he would be a good manager ?

We've been crap since he left the 1st team coaching staff

6 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Coaching is not the same as a manager. Austin Mcphee is a coach with Scotland, maybe we should try him out

Happy with Naismith as assistant.

But it would be good to get someone with experience in. Someone who will excite the fans. Someone who is sitting in Inverness just waiting for the call.

Someone who never got a proper shot first time round.

:sadrobbo:

2 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

Happy with Naismith as assistant.

But it would be good to get someone with experience in. Someone who will excite the fans. Someone who is sitting in Inverness just waiting for the call.

Someone who never got a proper shot first time round.

:sadrobbo:

Absolutely no way would I want Robbo hounded out of the club by those with the patience of a goldfish 

and make no mistake there would be those screaming for the great man’s head in a matter of months 

15 minutes ago, OTT said:

Thats not a bad shout for a temp role alongside Naismith to get us to the end of the season. 

A name passed to me from someone I’d listen to, and not prone to random rash statements

7 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

A name passed to me from someone I’d listen to, and not prone to random rash statements

Thats interesting, cogs already in movement then?

Fozzyonthefence
1 hour ago, Weakened Offender said:

Maybe, maybe not.  Neilson certainly has though. 

Aberdeen and Motherwell not doing too badly for sacking their managers with nobody lined up though.  The bounce they have had would easily see us over the line for 3rd.  A gamble on SN?  Of course it is but could be a bigger gamble to keep a failing manager with a team that don’t look like they are playing for him.  This is Aberdeen and Goodwin all over again. 

5 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Maybe, maybe not.  Neilson certainly has though. 

Aberdeen and Motherwell not doing too badly for sacking their managers with nobody lined up though.  The bounce they have had would easily see us over the line for 3rd.  A gamble on SN?  Of course it is but could be a bigger gamble to keep a failing manager with a team that don’t look like they are playing for him.  This is Aberdeen and Goodwin all over again. 

Aberdeen and Motherwell promoted existing first team coaches who have experience and respect of the squad.

Naismith has neither 

Fozzyonthefence
48 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Coaching is not the same as a manager. Austin Mcphee is a coach with Scotland, maybe we should try him out

Most managers start off as coaches don’t they?  They have to get their coaching badges before they become a manager.  So if it was down to you there would never be any new managers, just the constant merry go round of Steve Bruce, Sam Allardyce, Roy Hodgson, Neil Warnock, etc?

We’ve tried McPhee.  Like Cathro, he’s not a man manager.  

You seem to be basing SN’s managerial credentials on how he struggled as a player when he was basically finished due to injury.  Not really relevant. 

Robbo was the first name in my head but as above, I'd hate to see the support turn against him....TBF had exactly the same fear last time 

• davemclaren changed the title to Naismith, Forrest and McAvoy to end of the season ( updated/merged )