Naismith, Forrest and McAvoy to end of the season ( updated/merged )

Thomaso

11 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Naisy can only piss with the cock he has tbh. The team he put out and the formation was what the majority of the moany *******s have been wanting to see for months. He played every player in what we'd regard as their "natural position". I can't see how he can shoulder any blame. That's what we have available. 

This, it all goes back to the rank rotten transfer window in January we never replaced players that had long term injuries or players that would  strengthen the squad.

We are as soft as warm chocolate

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soonbe110

• Fozzyonthefence

• Thomaso

• Pasquale for King

8 minutes ago, jambo1975 said:

Clearly showed today that despite Neilson being part of the problem the players are also not up for it. Don't think I have seen a worse performance than that in a Derby for years. Once again we need a huge clear out. 

Yep, something isn’t right with the players still, as it’s evident that there is no desire or fight, and very little or no communication between those on the park.

Best support home and away for years, and they have ****** themselves and the fans over this season.

Players body language has been mentioned a lot recently including today again. 

If the commentators and the fans can see it, then something obviously isn’t right.

15 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Was hoping for more of a new manager bounce and a higher tempo, but he was never going to be able to wave a magic wand.
Ive recently backed the players up until today, 2nd best in a derby just isn’t acceptable. 

I'm sure Naisy said to them it all week in training, before the game and at half time but he can't physically do it for them when the whistle goes. It's like they're waiting on someone to take responsibility and set the tempo. The only player that actually tried to do it was McKay tbf to him, he was well up for it and no one else was on the same wavelength. 

We're missing leaders. Where's our winners? Remember Roy Keane s performance v Juve in the Semi Final of the CL, where he literally was like "we're doing this", that's what we needed, someone to ****ing boss it on the park and bring everyone to that standard. It's a mentality thing. 

gorgierulesapply88
4 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

I'm sure Naisy said to them it all week in training, before the game and at half time but he can't physically do it for them when the whistle goes. It's like they're waiting on someone to take responsibility and set the tempo. The only player that actually tried to do it was McKay tbf to him, he was well up for it and no one else was on the same wavelength. 

We're missing leaders. Where's our winners? Remember Roy Keane s performance v Juve in the Semi Final of the CL, where he literally was like "we're doing this", that's what we needed, someone to ****ing boss it on the park and bring everyone to that standard. It's a mentality thing. 

Sadly our only leader in a starting 11, has been told he's not getting another minute this season.

Big John Colquhoun
1 hour ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

I’ve not seen these 2 good left backs we have?  

Kingsley Cochrane.

3 minutes ago, gorgierulesapply88 said:

Sadly our only leader in a starting 11, has been told he's not getting another minute this season.

Who? Snoddy? Cannae be the leader if no one follows you mate. 

Steven Naismith will one day i believe be a successful coach

unfortunately at this time I don’t think it’s going to be at Hearts

its too big for a rookie coach at this time, the current group of non triers will spit out an inexperienced coach, we need to find out who the bad influence in the dressing room are, and get rid, no matter who.

pettigrewsstylist
23 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Theyre not part of the puzzle.

5 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Naisy can only piss with the cock he has tbh. The team he put out and the formation was what the majority of the moany *******s have been wanting to see for months. He played every player in what we'd regard as their "natural position". I can't see how he can shoulder any blame. That's what we have available. 

This.

He's a 36 y/o ex footballer in his first job as head coach.

Not is fault........he's not a tactical genius.

11 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Was hoping for more of a new manager bounce and a higher tempo, but he was never going to be able to wave a magic wand.
Ive recently backed the players up until today, 2nd best in a derby just isn’t acceptable. 

We can only hope that he went with experience and familiarity for this game and that he’s now sitting with a blank sheet of paper and a bunch of his own ideas.

That was a Neilson team playing the Neilson way with Neilson caution and the same outcome we’ve seen for weeks. It was nowhere near good enough.

One more chance to get a recovery going or the season is over and we’re looking at 5th/6th.

Then a massive rebuild in the summer yet again. We’ve maybe got 7-8 players in the squad regularly but not always worth their place. It’s probably 2-3 windows to get it turned over and Savage needs to be at the top of his game with the biggest budget that can be mustered (some players will need to be paid off to get them out, some of whom we previously thought were worth a bob or two)

Plus we’ll need a top notch head coach appointed.

Edited by JimmyCant

Naismith would've been more effective had he been on the pitch yesterday.

Got a bad feeling he's not going to be able to do anything about the attitudes of the players and it'll be a "back to the drawing board summer"

August Landmesser
12 hours ago, Cruyff said:

yesterday was probably very informative for him. I would expect(hope?) to see a good few changes in personnel for the County game. Maybe even some youngsters keen to impress.

Stop their wages if they are not doing their job.(The players) In fact sack them on the spot. They're not exactly assets ATM.

5 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

yesterday was probably very informative for him. I would expect(hope?) to see a good few changes in personnel for the County game. Maybe even some youngsters keen to impress.

Get Sibbick and Rowles tae feck. Why folk think Sibbick has something is beyond me. The goal, his halfhearted passing, his attempts at clearing the ball, his ability in the air and his habit of watching the opposition win the second ball is plain to see. One God awful football player.

Edited by ri Alban

MarkDevriesScores4

Naismith is only doing the job until the board find a new manager. He has zero chance of getting the job long term. McKinley was quite clear that the club is looking for someone with experience. Naismith and crew are here to manage the losses till the end of the season and that’s it. 

30 minutes ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

Naismith is only doing the job until the board find a new manager. He has zero chance of getting the job long term. McKinley was quite clear that the club is looking for someone with experience. Naismith and crew are here to manage the losses till the end of the season and that’s it. 

My only gripe with it is that unless we’ve already lined someone up that’s not available until after the end of the season (like a Wilder for example) then why not just say they are interim managers without saying to the end of the season when we could appoint someone who is out of work right away. 

MarkDevriesScores4
2 minutes ago, Ribble said:

My only gripe with it is that unless we’ve already lined someone up that’s not available until after the end of the season (like a Wilder for example) then why not just say they are interim managers without saying to the end of the season when we could appoint someone who is out of work right away. 

Hearts are never prompt at making management appointments. It’s a saga every time. The board want months to pick someone. Just how they work. Wouldn’t surprise me if the position wasn’t appointed until half way through preseason 

Big John Colquhoun

That’s what I mean they are not good enough.

Oh I see, apologies. Well, they’ve had indifferent seasons, true but they have shown previously they’re good players in the SPL. If you compare them to our right side with Smith and Atkinson it’s a world away. Right back needs strengthening big time - squad needs more balance.

GorgieFifeLife
43 minutes ago, Big John Colquhoun said:

Oh I see, apologies. Well, they’ve had indifferent seasons, true but they have shown previously they’re good players in the SPL. If you compare them to our right side with Smith and Atkinson it’s a world away. Right back needs strengthening big time - squad needs more balance.

Yeah right side is more of a priority.  Both these players have shown to be decent in the past especially Kingsley but have been bad for a while now.  Once again we are facing a massive rebuild.

2 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

We can only hope that he went with experience and familiarity for this game and that he’s now sitting with a blank sheet of paper and a bunch of his own ideas.

That was a Neilson team playing the Neilson way with Neilson caution and the same outcome we’ve seen for weeks. It was nowhere near good enough.

One more chance to get a recovery going or the season is over and we’re looking at 5th/6th.

Then a massive rebuild in the summer yet again. We’ve maybe got 7-8 players in the squad regularly but not always worth their place. It’s probably 2-3 windows to get it turned over and Savage needs to be at the top of his game with the biggest budget that can be mustered (some players will need to be paid off to get them out, some of whom we previously thought were worth a bob or two)

Plus we’ll need a top notch head coach appointed.

Yes, hopefully he was giving the guys that started yesterday one last chance to turn it around.  Lots of changes next week hopefully. Nothing to lose now really by going for it. 

Big John Colquhoun

Yeah right side is more of a priority.  Both these players have shown to be decent in the past especially Kingsley but have been bad for a while now.  Once again we are facing a massive rebuild.

Seems to be every season, there’s so much turnover every season it must be hard for a manager to build a settled team with continuity.