***Official Hibernian v Heart of Midlothian Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

27 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Robbie was always a very dapper figure on the touchline until his recent shaved had look, which I didn't like.  His change of style coincided with out drop in form, I wonder if the two are connected.

Naismith will be a tracksuit manager I hope. 

I think he done what a lot of bald guys do and shaved it quite short but not short enough. Number 1 or 2 or shorter is what you need and not a half way effort.  I much prefer our managers to be smart, not necessarily a suit but tracksuits should be for training during the week and not match days. 

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pettigrewsstylist

• Hearts007

• Taffin

• Marvin

We will see tomorrow if we get a new manager bounce but there's no doubt that the events of this week has lifted the mood if KB is a guide.  Pray that we get a result but in some respects the shape of the team and the efforts of the players will be a big focus.  Our travelling support deserve so so much more than they have had to endure recently. 

A_A wehatethehibs
38 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I much prefer our managers to be smart, not necessarily a suit but tracksuits should be for training during the week and not match days. 

Suit or tracksuit… Why not both?

931D9319-39B1-4C26-AA87-5B82E9ECF535.thumb.jpeg.17c1094c309e3a1e5a874036158474e2.jpeg

4 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Suit or tracksuit… Why not both?

931D9319-39B1-4C26-AA87-5B82E9ECF535.thumb.jpeg.17c1094c309e3a1e5a874036158474e2.jpeg

😂 got to love mcglynn. Just a proper football guy. 

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, Gorgierools said:

We're still in different leagues mate,just playing in the same one☺️

Post of the year so far 👍🏽👏🏾💪🏿.

1 hour ago, upgotheheads said:

Robbie was always a very dapper figure on the touchline until his recent shaved had look, which I didn't like.  His change of style coincided with out drop in form, I wonder if the two are connected.

His shaved head look was down to the fact that he was getting a hair transplant done as far as the rumours go that is.

The one I heard suggests that he nipped over to Turkey to have it done. I have absolutely no evidence to back this up other than a rumour I heard.

Pasquale for King
40 minutes ago, RobboM said:

image.png.fc850acb0a6770452e297cbe97485c7a.png

Tha Hibs, Hibs a’ tuiteam às a chèile, a-rithist 🙂

Brilliant 👍🏽👏🏾😆

Pasquale for King

Hopefully a good victory tomorrow will see a modicum of unity on here, every other thread just now seems to be folk arguing with each other. I get the irony of me saying that 🤪🤦🏽

Luckies1874

24 hours to go. Couple of mood setters :jjyay:

One for the oldies first

Goals v the vermin

ManxandCapeTownJambo

Fear set in big time for me as it always does when we head down to Leith

Just the worst feeling losing to that lot plus so much at stake tomorrow as defeat spells the end of the season and the implosion/defeatism will be back big style 

It’s a big ask to win away after recent dire performances even with Stevie in charge now but trying to be optimistic 

They have been abysmal recent as well so fingers crossed

Still worry about the defence and midfield but if Shanks and Humps carry on scoring against them we can do it

Naisy has an easy team talk for tom 

He just needs to tell the players to take out every bit of frustration, hurt and anger they have been feeling recently out on these rats tomorrow 

At them from the very 1st minute. Zero leniency.

Forever in our shadow mutants. 

HHGH 

27 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

One for the oldies first

Goals v the vermin

when the police weren't scared to go into the crowds

Jack Torrance
3 hours ago, GinRummy said:

I think he done what a lot of bald guys do and shaved it quite short but not short enough. Number 1 or 2 or shorter is what you need and not a half way effort.  I much prefer our managers to be smart, not necessarily a suit but tracksuits should be for training during the week and not match days. 

Needs to go full Collina. None of this namby pamby shite ...

:greggy::facepalm:

Jack Torrance
34 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

One for the oldies first

Goals v the vermin

That 3-0 game at Tannadice was my all time favourite away match. What a day.

JudyJudyJudy
4 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

Yes touch of Samson really ? 

Gorgie_Rules
1 hour ago, The White Cockade said:

Fear set in big time for me as it always does when we head down to Leith

Just the worst feeling losing to that lot plus so much at stake tomorrow as defeat spells the end of the season and the implosion/defeatism will be back big style 

It’s a big ask to win away after recent dire performances even with Stevie in charge now but trying to be optimistic 

They have been abysmal recent as well so fingers crossed

Still worry about the defence and midfield but if Shanks and Humps carry on scoring against them we can do it

Don’t want to sound uber positive but if Aberdeen fail to win tonight the season isn’t over. Losing to hibs would be a total nightmare, however next week Aberdeen have Rangers whilst we are at home to Ross County.

Aberdeen not winning tonight means there is a good chance we will go into the split ahead of them regardless of the score at Easter Road tomorrow.

Conversely the boost a win tomorrow would give us after getting rid of Neilson could be a massive towards us getting 3rd. It will be gutting if we give up that opportunity.

ManxandCapeTownJambo
1 minute ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

Don’t want to sound uber positive but if Aberdeen fail to win tonight the season isn’t over. Losing to hibs would be a total nightmare, however next week Aberdeen have Rangers whilst we are at home to Ross County.

Aberdeen not winning tonight means there is a good chance we will go into the split ahead of them regardless of the score at Easter Road tomorrow.

Conversely the boost a win tomorrow would give us after getting rid of Neilson could be a massive towards us getting 3rd. It will be gutting if we give up that opportunity.

👍

2 hours ago, Luckies1874 said:

One for the oldies first

Goals v the vermin

:sweeet:

Rocky jamboa

It will be interesting to see Naismiths first line up. I'm thinking he'll go 4231. Might even see one of the young lads get a start, like Pollock, or at worst, coming on at some point. 

14 minutes ago, Rocky jamboa said:

It will be interesting to see Naismiths first line up. I'm thinking he'll go 4231. Might even see one of the young lads get a start, like Pollock, or at worst, coming on at some point. 

I think it will be 4-3-3 so more or less what you said. I also reckon we will see youngsters on the bench every week but not starting until they shine after being subbed on. 

LauderJambo
1 hour ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

I reckon 4 wins will be enough, as long as that includes beating Aberdeen.  Hibs, Ross Co, Aberdeen and 1 more. OF will probably beat everyone.  

Just seen that Hibs TV are offering 'Hearts TV' option on their PPV. Presume that's the Hearts TV boys doing an alternative commentary?

3 hours ago, Hearts1975 said:

Naisy has an easy team talk for tom 

He just needs to tell the players to take out every bit of frustration, hurt and anger they have been feeling recently out on these rats tomorrow 

At them from the very 1st minute. Zero leniency.

Forever in our shadow mutants. 

HHGH 

This 10000000%

7 minutes ago, WalterEgo said:

Just seen that Hibs TV are offering 'Hearts TV' option on their PPV. Presume that's the Hearts TV boys doing an alternative commentary?

Thank ****, didn’t fancy listening to the Hibs commentators crying after our 4th went in 

Disser Pointon
2 minutes ago, basscom said:

Thank ****, didn’t fancy listening to the Hibs commentators crying after our 4th went in 

Personally, I would find that delightful! 😍

pettigrewsstylist
3 hours ago, Luckies1874 said:

One for the oldies first

Goals v the vermin

Great watch. Great tonic. Lets get it done. FTH.

3 minutes ago, maroon said:

Anyone recommend a pub pre match tomorrow that’ll be open early. Middletons looking like only Option atm 

Depends how deep into leith you want to go. If it was me I’d head to strattys early then head to the artisan for 11. The early shops in leith are grim. 

Ricardo Quaresma

On 12/04/2023 at 12:55, julienbrellier said:

It's a 4-2-3-1 formation I'd go with, with Humphrys behind Shankland.                         

Clark

Atkinson                      Rowles             Sibbick             Cochrane

Halliday           Devlin

Ginelly                                  Humphrys                       McKay

Shankland

Happy with this shape, although the central pairings are reversed, possibly Humphrys / Shankland too; is this deliberate?

Ricardo Quaresma
On 12/04/2023 at 13:54, Armageddon said:

For far too long the starting XI would be announced and nobody could ever name their positions, and I bet the starting XI felt the same.

Robbie thought he was playing Subbuteo and could flick players from anywhere.  I feel like a huge weight has been lifted and we can breathe again. 

It was awful; it's like he read all the formations on the match thread and ensured he did something different; nobody ever predicted the formation / starting line-up

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Bret the Hitman Hearts said:

Anywhere showing the match in Gorgie? Ken it's not on TV but there's a stream.

Polwarth Tavern 

Ricardo Quaresma
On 13/04/2023 at 07:04, Pete Elliott said:

I wonder if we’ll throw a curveball and go with a Cochrane or Atkinson as part of a midfield three, simply to give us the legs to harry and press. It’s worked well in the past with a slightly younger Smith.

Well, Sibbick has also played there, originally when he came here on loan, then again the other week; people swear he's not a midfielder; he's not CB either, by the same logic, but he's proficient at both; he's also played RB / RWB, at livi in 1st round of fixtures; probably the only team member to play well that day too

Who does that remind you of? CP, a good utility player

Kingsley would be ideal as LDM for a few reasons; I suggested this weeks ago and another poster started a thread about it too

It fixes the problem of who to play Vs him & Cochrane, it's less stressful on his hamstring; it's less distance for him to cover to set up a long shot / drive at goal and he covers Beni in his absence; it is so ideal it's worth a go for sure; RP did well doing this when asked, for the wee team; Kingsley has much more brains than that douchebag 😆

Hopefully that's why SN has Sibbick / Kingsley & Hill / Rowles training in pairs; both these are CB pairing and Sibbick / Kingsley are also potentially a CDM pairing; great solution (potentially) to the DM crisis, using what we've got available

On 13/04/2023 at 08:06, fabienleclerq said:

Hearts fans "neilsoon puts square pegs in round holes"

Hearts fans "play sibbick in CM"

On 13/04/2023 at 08:21, Chimp said:

Yep! 🤦‍♂️ He's a defender. 70 mins playing there against Rangers a few years ago doesn't mean that's his position.

^^^^ see above

-

Edited by Ricardo Quaresma
typo, more added too

9 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Well, Sibbick has also played there, originally when he came here on loan, then again the other week; people swear he's not a midfielder; he's not CB either, by the same logic, but he's proficient at both; he's also played RB / RWB, at livi in 1st round of fixtures; probably the only team member to play well that day too

-

We need energy in midfield.  Other than Devlin our midfielders are slow to react and lack pace. Toby immediately fixes that. We’ve played players out of position far too often this season but Sibbick was a midfielder before he was a centre back. No brainer for me. 

Rick Sanchez

So if we don't like the 3 at the back and we (IMO) need to bail out Rowles in the air, what's our best centre back pairing? 

What do people with of Kingsley and Rowles, two leftys together? Played together during that first half v Zurich.

8 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

So if we don't like the 3 at the back and we (IMO) need to bail out Rowles in the air, what's our best centre back pairing? 

What do people with of Kingsley and Rowles, two leftys together? Played together during that first half v Zurich.

I don’t think we have an obvious centre back pairing so Kingsley and Rowles as good a pairing as any tbh. I do think Hill is suffering some sort of confidence issues but he showed early signs he could be decent. 

Watt-Zeefuik
10 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

I still say we need a true DM sitting in front of a back 4 because we don't have a box enforcer like Halkett. I don't care if that's Sibbick or Smith or Haring or even Kio if he can get the job done.

Barring that I'd take a back 3. I know it's not popular on here but we went back 4 the last two games of Robbie's tenure and it solved nothing.

Jambos_1874

Absolutely buzzing for this now. We should go there with zero fear. Let's win it and renew our bid for third place. Also, come on Ross County!!!!

awadooningorgie2
5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I don’t think we have an obvious centre back pairing so Kingsley and Rowles as good a pairing as any tbh. I do think Hill is suffering some sort of confidence issues but he showed early signs he could be decent. 

I remember Sibbick was an absolute pest to the Rangers players in that game. Exactly what we have been missing, strange the complete move away from that position.

3 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

I still say we need a true DM sitting in front of a back 4 because we don't have a box enforcer like Halkett. I don't care if that's Sibbick or Smith or Haring or even Kio if he can get the job done.

Barring that I'd take a back 3. I know it's not popular on here but we went back 4 the last two games of Robbie's tenure and it solved nothing.

I’m not totally against a back three. The issue is the wing backs were too deep and left the midfield pairing outnumbered  too often. If we played a defensive mid in front of the defence it could work but Haring won’t be ready yet and I don’t see Kio in that role so that leaves Devin or Halliday. Halliday is a really poor player who has occasional good games and who do you then play in front of Devlin. It’s tricky. 

2 minutes ago, awadooningorgie2 said:

I remember Sibbick was an absolute pest to the Rangers players in that game. Exactly what we have been missing, strange the complete move away from that position.

He played full back at Barnsley as well as centre mid then was converted to centre half. I think he just wanted to establish himself in a position. I think he could make a good centre back but needs just for us just now and he’d be in midfield tomorrow for me.