***Official Hibernian v Heart of Midlothian Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

29 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

I like this except playing McKay centrally. I think he does more on the wing.

I know you're going for legs but I'd still rather have Halliday where you have Grant and push Jorge up to the top of the midfield. The nice thing about having Dev in there is that you don't want for energy no matter whom he's partnered with.

I've been leaning towards the diamond mid myself recently, particularly because it gives space for Sibbick to go in there and shore up the defence without giving him back line responsibilities.

Not McKay. Maybe off the bench.....maybe. 

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pettigrewsstylist

• Hearts007

• Taffin

• Marvin

Luckies1874
42 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

I like this except playing McKay centrally. I think he does more on the wing.

I know you're going for legs but I'd still rather have Halliday where you have Grant and push Jorge up to the top of the midfield. The nice thing about having Dev in there is that you don't want for energy no matter whom he's partnered with.

I've been leaning towards the diamond mid myself recently, particularly because it gives space for Sibbick to go in there and shore up the defence without giving him back line responsibilities.

That was a consideration - have Halliday with Devlin and Sibbick sitting and then use Grant instead of McKay. I just on balance felt we needed the possibility that McKay would lift his game and create for us. It is so difficult to guess what Naismith will do.

Heard from someone today that he was definitely working on back 4's and the pairings were Hill with Rowles and Sibbick with Kingsley so it seems very unlikely he is i) going to play a 3 ii) play Sibbick anywhere but at the back. I also suspect Smith will start at RB. I'm very much looking forward to 11.30 and seeing the side! 

Edited by Luckies1874

Watt-Zeefuik
3 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

That was a consideration - have Halliday with Devlin and Sibbick sitting and then use Grant instead of McKay. I just on balance felt we needed the possibility that McKay would lift his game and create for us. It is so difficult too guess what Naismith will do.

Heard from someone today that he was definitely working on back 4's and the pairing were Hill with Rowles and Sibbick with Kingsley so it seems very unlikely he is i) going to play a 3 ii) play Sibbick anywhere but at the back. I also suspect Smith will start at RB. I'm very much looking forward to 11.30 and seeing the side! 

Interesting. If we start Smith at RB, I can't see us doing the diamond mid. I love uncle Mike but he's not going to be bombing forward to provide width.

Maybe we get the 4-3-3 so many on here have wanted . . .

Aussie Jambo

Did anyone see Gino in Naisy interview? I watched the training a few times but didn’t see him. Also anyone else notice Cochrane putting his hand to his face in training? 🤷‍♂️ Hope they are both back playing this weekend. 

Humphrys, Shankland and Ginelly to run these tramps ragged please then Kuoll to come on and give them it dry to finish it off. 
cannae wait to get down there and thump them - again

2 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Humphrys, Shankland and Ginelly to run these tramps ragged please then Kuoll to come on and give them it dry to finish it off. 
cannae wait to get down there and thump them - again

:glorious:

Wee Lee blethering about the SAS now 🤣🤣🤣🤣. Enjoy reading his latest pish. Here it is ………

Hibs boss Lee Johnson has compared losing a football match to post-traumatic stress and revealed he has worked with the SAS in the past to solve it. 

The Easter Road gaffer has been frustrated by his team in recent weeks with four defeats on the bounce after a good run of form that saw them shoot up the table and potentially challenge for third place. With an Edinburgh derby to come this weekend, Johnson is hoping to end that run of defeats and get a win on the board to try and chase down Aberdeen and Hearts who are both ahead of them. 

Of those three clubs, Johnson is the only manager who remains in the job from the start of the season with Jim Goodwin and Robbie Neilson both replaced by interims in Barry Robson and Steven Naismith. Hibs fans have been critical of Johnson too but the club have stuck by him so far.

And he's hoping that he can use some lessons from the SAS to get rid of the stress of losing the Dundee United game and try and kick start his club's season ahead of the split. 

He said: “I have worked with the SAS in the past. A bad loss almost becomes like a post-traumatic stress that you need to go through.

“It’s not life or death, obviously, like it would be in the military, but you feel it to that level. It is the same chemical reaction. You just come out of it quicker.

“So a lot of my work in the past was about getting through that process quicker because you almost need to go into a dark place and [then] reinvent yourself in a week moving forward - and to feel what everyone else is feeling.
“I think that is one of the things that the great managers can do really well. They manage to take a breath, they step out every week and do their best, but are also humble enough to take it for everyone else and let them flourish.”

Edited by 1971fozzy

21 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Wee Lee blethering about the SAS now 🤣🤣🤣🤣. Enjoy reading his latest pish. Here it is ………

Hibs boss Lee Johnson has compared losing a football match to post-traumatic stress and revealed he has worked with the SAS in the past to solve it. 

The Easter Road gaffer has been frustrated by his team in recent weeks with four defeats on the bounce after a good run of form that saw them shoot up the table and potentially challenge for third place. With an Edinburgh derby to come this weekend, Johnson is hoping to end that run of defeats and get a win on the board to try and chase down Aberdeen and Hearts who are both ahead of them. 

Of those three clubs, Johnson is the only manager who remains in the job from the start of the season with Jim Goodwin and Robbie Neilson both replaced by interims in Barry Robson and Steven Naismith. Hibs fans have been critical of Johnson too but the club have stuck by him so far.

And he's hoping that he can use some lessons from the SAS to get rid of the stress of losing the Dundee United game and try and kick start his club's season ahead of the split. 

He said: “I have worked with the SAS in the past. A bad loss almost becomes like a post-traumatic stress that you need to go through.

“It’s not life or death, obviously, like it would be in the military, but you feel it to that level. It is the same chemical reaction. You just come out of it quicker.

“So a lot of my work in the past was about getting through that process quicker because you almost need to go into a dark place and [then] reinvent yourself in a week moving forward - and to feel what everyone else is feeling.
“I think that is one of the things that the great managers can do really well. They manage to take a breath, they step out every week and do their best, but are also humble enough to take it for everyone else and let them flourish.”

Never mind losing 2-1 against DU.   What about two 3-0 defeats versus Edinburghs finest football club. 

I suggest they stay in their darkest place and don't come out until it's over. 

Lee, Lee, Lee...:tlj:

It's just a game.   Couple of beers and some music is sufficient. 

I'm really hoping for a clean sheet this weekend. :buttkick:

Shutting the hobos out for the season would be sublime.  

9 hours ago, GinRummy said:

The more I think about it, the only option he has if he wants energy in midfield is Sibbick and Devlin. 

This with bells on!

4-4-1-1

Zander

Natty

Sibbick

Rowles

Kingsley

Forrest

Grant

Devlin

Cochrane

Humps

Shanks

Forrest & Cochrane up and down the park for 90 mins

2-0 Humps & Shanks.

🇱🇻😃🇱🇻

John Findlay
3 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

I'm really hoping for a clean sheet this weekend. :buttkick:

Shutting the hobos out for the season would be sublime.  

The first league game was 1-1

Pete Elliott

I wonder if we’ll throw a curveball and go with a Cochrane or Atkinson as part of a midfield three, simply to give us the legs to harry and press. It’s worked well in the past with a slightly younger Smith.

MR INCREDIBLE

Zander

Smith.  Hill.   Rowles  Cochrane    
  Grant.   Sibbick.  Devlin

Humphries. Shanks. McKay

Job done 🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

Gorgierools
4 minutes ago, MR INCREDIBLE said:

Zander

Smith.  Hill.   Rowles  Cochrane    
  Grant.   Sibbick.  Devlin

Humphries. Shanks. McKay

Job done 🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

Grant isn't a winger so we'd have noth down our right

bringonthesevco

Clark

smith

sibbick

rowles

kingsley

devlin

haring/Halliday

ginnelly/Kuol

grant

humphrys

shanks

6 hours ago, HMFC01 said:

Never mind losing 2-1 against DU.   What about two 3-0 defeats versus Edinburghs finest football club. 

I suggest they stay in their darkest place and don't come out until it's over. 

Lee, Lee, Lee...:tlj:

It's just a game.   Couple of beers and some music is sufficient. 

The SAS 😂😂😂 WTAF does he Toke up on?:jiggy:

fabienleclerq

Hearts fans "neilsoon puts square pegs in round holes"

Hearts fans "play sibbick in CM"

12 hours ago, mr fox said:

In what sense cause I think your smoking drugs here. 

Already explained, just scroll up. So I'm smoking drugs because I believe Halliday would currently do a better job than Peter Haring. Ok 👍

Just now, Chimp said:

Already explained, just scroll up. So I'm smoking drugs because I believe Halliday would currently do a better job than Peter Haring. Ok 👍

I agree, I think Halliday would revel against hibs. He loves it. Haring looked a bit lost last week.

11 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

Yep! 🤦‍♂️ He's a defender. 70 mins playing there against Rangers a few years ago doesn't mean that's his position.

2 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

I agree, I think Halliday would revel against hibs. He loves it. Haring looked a bit lost last week.

He does, and enjoys a goal or 2 against them 😏

No Idle Talk

It may be a small thing and mean nothing at all but I watched Steven Naismith's interview on Hearts TV and it showed a few clips from training this week. The players were laughing and appeared to be having a good time together doing the drills they were doing. Given all the rumours that have been going around lately, that was encouraging to see. 

Hopefully the boys will come out on Saturday with more unity and team spirit about them. If we can get that back then we have a great chance of getting the three points we need on Saturday. 

Will be interesting to see if any regular players drop out of the side. Might give an indication of whether Neilson had any other favourites like Snodgrass. Either way I'm looking forward to seeing which team he puts on on Saturday.

Would like to see Kuol given a start, his blinding pace would cause them problems. Surely would offer more than Forrest.

7 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

He is going to think he lives in the black hole of Calcutta after Saturday.

Step up from Leith I suppose.

So gang, I've found out I'm on the Likely Lads scenario this Saturday.  Had booked myself in for a fun family day out to end Easter break and had forgotten about it/not realised the clash!! So I'll be avoiding score and watching it "live" on Alba at 6....

However, I don't want to be off JKB all day (I'm with my family, I'll need entertainment), so would you all mind not mentioning the game, score etc on here until about 8pm Saturday evening.

Thanks in advance

TBO x

Some absolutely must starts:

Devlin

Sibbick

Shankland

Cochrane

If you’re looking for guaranteed energy and commitment they’re your men. 

10 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

Time to get those camo nets & ad boards back out #LJGAWA

I'd start with

Clark

Smith

Sibbick

Rowles

Cochrane

Halliday

Devlin

Gino (if fit)

Grant

Kuol

Shankland

The pace of Kuol & Gino cutting in from the wings could cause them big issues, they can be turned pretty quickly as we saw in the last 2 derbys. Humphreys on in the 2nd half to cause them issues as they tire. Halliday & Devlin as a pairing will relish the battle.

Pasquale for King
4 hours ago, Pete Elliott said:

I wonder if we’ll throw a curveball and go with a Cochrane or Atkinson as part of a midfield three, simply to give us the legs to harry and press. It’s worked well in the past with a slightly younger Smith.

I was thinking last night about the older version of Smith there, worked well in the past as you say. 

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, fabienleclerq said:

At least he has played there before, unlike Kuol/Snodgrass/McKay/Shankland/Cochrane/Kingsley etc etc. 

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, Chimp said:

Yep! 🤦‍♂️ He's a defender. 70 mins playing there against Rangers a few years ago doesn't mean that's his position.

He showed he can play well there though. I’m still not entirely sure what his best position is or where he will end up, his energy and pace could well be used elsewhere. Definitely quicker than Haring and Halliday 😜

Feeling more optimistic the closer we get to the game. However make no mistake, we need to be at it from the first whistle and have a real go at them. They are not the greatest at the back so lets have a real drive at them early doors. If the players have anything about them they will be absolutely bursting at the seams to get tore in about it on Saturday for some redemption of the last few weeks. I don't believe we are as poor as we have seen these last few games, however we need to get out on the pitch and do our talking there. Naismith was a fantastic leader on the park when he was playing, I have no doubt he will have the team fired up for this one on Saturday. 4,000 Jambos should be enough to spur the players on alone. 

3 hours ago, jamboozy said:

The SAS 😂😂😂 WTAF does he Toke up on?:jiggy:

I think he means the Scottish Ambulance Service’. Commonly referred to in Scotland as the SAS…..🙄

Horatio Caine
2 hours ago, TheBigO said:

So gang, I've found out I'm on the Likely Lads scenario this Saturday.  Had booked myself in for a fun family day out to end Easter break and had forgotten about it/not realised the clash!! So I'll be avoiding score and watching it "live" on Alba at 6....

However, I don't want to be off JKB all day (I'm with my family, I'll need entertainment), so would you all mind not mentioning the game, score etc on here until about 8pm Saturday evening.

Thanks in advance

TBO x

That'll go well...

Cameronstheman

We can do it,, Lets face it.. Motherwell did recently

Just attack attack from the off for me please

2-1 Hearts 

FTH

Thanks in advance

TBO x

Stay off JKB. You know it makes sense.

Dinnae look at yer phone as scores etc. tend to pop up. Keep the radio OFF.

Simply enjoy a family day oot and then sit back and watch out for me giving you a BIG twirly (hopefully 4) from the back of South Upper.

Shankland x 3 + a last minute Humphrys screamer.

❤️❤️G❤️

4 hours ago, No Idle Talk said:

It may be a small thing and mean nothing at all but I watched Steven Naismith's interview on Hearts TV and it showed a few clips from training this week. The players were laughing and appeared to be having a good time together doing the drills they were doing. Given all the rumours that have been going around lately, that was encouraging to see. 

Hopefully the boys will come out on Saturday with more unity and team spirit about them. If we can get that back then we have a great chance of getting the three points we need on Saturday. 

I like a sensible post, so I do. 👍

Disser Pointon

Thanks in advance

TBO x

Nah, I'm going to text you from the pub in Benalmadena cuz. 🤣

2 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Stay off JKB. You know it makes sense.

Dinnae look at yer phone as scores etc. tend to pop up. Keep the radio OFF.

Simply enjoy a family day oot and then sit back and watch out for me giving you a BIG twirly (hopefully 4) from the back of South Upper.

Shankland x 3 + a last minute Humphrys screamer.

❤️❤️G❤️

Not my first rodeo sir!  I shall look out for you when that 4th goes in!

8 minutes ago, Disser Pointon said:

Nah, I'm going to text you from the pub in Benalmadena cuz. 🤣

Reckon phone will be left in hoose!  Benalmadena though, eh.  Didn't he used to play on the wing for us in the 90s?