***Official Hibernian v Heart of Midlothian Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

LogicalEric

Feeling quite optimistic today. This is where you expect the real characters to stand up and say "Cmon lads, it's Hibs ffs".

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pettigrewsstylist

• Hearts007

• Taffin

• Marvin

We went from a team that was winning games to a team that was quite clearly not trying and blamed it all on RN . RN has been fired out the door so we cannot blame him anymore. The players have to respond today and show some professionalism if they do that it is a start. Has SN got anything to bring to the table? We will of course find out later on today but before he can do anything the players, that have let down the club and its supporters so badly, have to show up for what is a very important game. If they don't I do not think we have moved forward . I do not expect a win but I do expect to see a change of attitude from the players... if they do try who knows what could happen?

RudiSkacel51

Read yesterday that SN was hopeful that Zander and Ginnelly would be back for today but they were still a doubt.

Any better info on this? Would definitely be a boost to have them especially Zander.

Gorgierools
Just now, RudiSkacel51 said:

Read yesterday that SN was hopeful that Zander and Ginnelly would be back for today but they were still a doubt.

Any better info on this? Would definitely be a boost to have them especially Zander.

I believe Zander has been seen training but nothing about Gino. I think there may be some mind games going on. Certainly hope Zander plays.

RudiSkacel51
1 minute ago, Gorgierools said:

I believe Zander has been seen training but nothing about Gino. I think there may be some mind games going on. Certainly hope Zander plays.

Hopefully mind games, we've seen it all before players been classed as definitely out only to appear in the starting line up.

You never know we might see Boyce and Beni starting 😅

A_A wehatethehibs

I think this is one of those derbies where a football game is going to break out.

There was a point made Naismiths interview. Paraphrasing him: “it’s about players doing stuff with the ball without overthinking it, without really thinking about what you’re doing, just coming up with it in the moment, that’s when players are at their best and can enjoy their football”

Let’s be honest about it, while true, the same can be said of players at their worst, when they make mistakes.

So it’s either going to be absolutely glorious, or an absolute disaster. It’s death or glory today. Or we will see both within the game. Certainly Naismith has shown an attackers mentality, we know he is going for glory today. 

I will be honest I have my doubts about a gap in experience in the dugouts today. Lee Johnson, yes he cannot ride the Pepsi Max but a very experienced manager is coming up against a debutant today. 

Anyway that’s just my 2p worth. It’s all about proof of the pudding now, finally. I always hate this meaningless pish you see when it’s a new manager “players have been brilliant, trainings been first class, absolutely superb, can’t wait for Saturday - etc etc etc” - every new manager ever. It’s all about game time. These Hearts players know what it takes to win derbies. Looking forward to it but nervous.

We’ve rolled the dice now we see where it lands. 

It's a derby game.

The team who wants it more will be the team who comes out on top.

It'll be messy, it'll be full of errors. 

But if we work harder, we'll make our own luck and hopefully put away the chances we are presented with.

35 minutes ago, RudiSkacel51 said:

Guy on here who knows his stuff says both are fine to play 

Ronald Villiers
7 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Definitely, seems wasted at CH unless we encourage him to go on a run when it’s on. Still not sure where he will end up playing as he gets older. 

Defo mate.

Ronald Villiers
2 hours ago, fabienleclerq said:

Sibbick is a CH, his pace comes in handy there. Him stepping out from defence is fine but he wouldn't get the same space in midfield. 

How many CM are praised for their pace? 

Good point.

Ronald Villiers
2 hours ago, TheBigO said:

To flip that, Tobys pace at CH v Youan could be invaluable (as hes shown before). That allows us to attack with more confidence than worrying we're getting done in behind (yikes!) by a long ball if we lose it in their half

Hopefully see this happen today.  FTH

Really don't know what to expect. Any result is on the cards, hoping for a change in attitude and performance to give us some hope for the next few games.

Lose and the season is ****ed.

Dennis Reynolds

Just about to board my flight and won't land until near half time. Fully expect to be at least six goals in front by then. FTH. 

Jambof3tornado
1 hour ago, section s heart said:

Re our aerial weakness from free kicks and corners. Take a leaf out of Gowzer's chat in SATF a few weeks back re discipline, being focused on not giving away silly free kicks. 

Harder to not give away silly free kicks against diving cu next Tuesdays.

Excited to see the team today.  Slightly worried they will go with the massive guys up top and go long all day.  I actually think the Ukrainian boy is a decent player but man for man we are a better team and if SN has got them up for it i expect to win.  

If we lose or draw i think the sheep will get 3rd. This game is huge

1 hour ago, Bazzas right boot said:

100%.

Sibbick should not be in midfield. 

If playing defence all the way.

Can see big upside to him in midfield. Just not at present. Maybe once Halks back/got better options.

Never know, Naisy might trust Hill. He had the materials, just looked shaky since first couple games... but then who hasn't in that period!!!!

We'll see but yeh id have Toby in defence for this one.

53 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

I think this is one of those derbies where a football game is going to break out.

There was a point made Naismiths interview. Paraphrasing him: “it’s about players doing stuff with the ball without overthinking it, without really thinking about what you’re doing, just coming up with it in the moment, that’s when players are at their best and can enjoy their football”

Let’s be honest about it, while true, the same can be said of players at their worst, when they make mistakes.

So it’s either going to be absolutely glorious, or an absolute disaster. It’s death or glory today. Or we will see both within the game. Certainly Naismith has shown an attackers mentality, we know he is going for glory today. 

I will be honest I have my doubts about a gap in experience in the dugouts today. Lee Johnson, yes he cannot ride the Pepsi Max but a very experienced manager is coming up against a debutant today. 

Anyway that’s just my 2p worth. It’s all about proof of the pudding now, finally. I always hate this meaningless pish you see when it’s a new manager “players have been brilliant, trainings been first class, absolutely superb, can’t wait for Saturday - etc etc etc” - every new manager ever. It’s all about game time. These Hearts players know what it takes to win derbies. Looking forward to it but nervous.

We’ve rolled the dice now we see where it lands. 

Great post - About where I am at.

The proof will be on the park. 

14 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Have we got 3 home games post split ?, stupid system, 🤥,

Yes I think we will, it should be given current standings:

Celtic - home

Aberdeen - home

Hibs - home

Rangers - away

St Mirren - away

Not in any particular order...

Harry Potter
1 minute ago, ELITHEDUG said:

Yes I think we will, it should be given current standings:

Celtic - home

Aberdeen - home

Hibs - home

Rangers - away

St Mirren - away

Not in any particular order...

Thankyou.

pettigrewsstylist
53 minutes ago, theshed said:

Guy on here who knows his stuff says both are fine to play 

Im using the silence to fuel my hopes here.

Control the midfield, control the game.

Naismith hopefully won't leave us out numbered there like Robbie did.

Go out and enjoy yourselves JTs 

11 hours ago, BigAlim said:

Honestly boys, it’s Hibs 

we’ve battered them with some shite teams in the past and we’ll do the same again tomorrow 

This is where I'm at. The height of their confidence going into a derby was when we weren't even allowed to play before it, limited training - and they were in full swing of a season 8 games in or something.

The result was the usual. 

Naismith needs to unleash here and let the football do the talking but at the same time it's ****ing Hibs - and we have won there more times than them.

pettigrewsstylist
26 minutes ago, savage said:

Excited to see the team today.  Slightly worried they will go with the massive guys up top and go long all day.  I actually think the Ukrainian boy is a decent player but man for man we are a better team and if SN has got them up for it i expect to win.  

If we lose or draw i think the sheep will get 3rd. This game is huge

Would expect LJ to try this having seen us defend. Curtis Main last week will just be confirmation of how to play us.

If Mackay, Shankland, Gino,Cochrane, Humphreys, Devlin and Halliday turn up tho..they are goosed 

Ronald Villiers

I'm registering on their PPV for todays match.  I read that there's a tab where you can select the away team, presumably to get our guys commentating.  Anyone know when this tab is shown?  I'm at the part where it's asking for payment details and seen nothing yet.  I don't want to listen to their commentators talking pish.

Ronald Villiers
3 hours ago, TheBigO said:

To flip that, Tobys pace at CH v Youan could be invaluable (as hes shown before). That allows us to attack with more confidence than worrying we're getting done in behind (yikes!) by a long ball if we lose it in their half

Hopefully they get done in behind as they normally do by the big maroon boaby.  Natural order!

Everything I've seen this week coming from Naisy, I'm more confident of a win than I would have been with Neilson in the dugout. I think we'll see an immediate reaction from the whole team. Today is going to be glorious. I also think Mckay will turn up today too. 

Prediction: 1-3 Hearts. 

Bunny Munro
4 minutes ago, Ronald Villiers said:

I'm registering on their PPV for todays match.  I read that there's a tab where you can select the away team, presumably to get our guys commentating.  Anyone know when this tab is shown?  I'm at the part where it's asking for payment details and seen nothing yet.  I don't want to listen to their commentators talking pish.

When you're actually watching the video.

5 minutes ago, Ronald Villiers said:

You'll get the option once you're registered and try to access the game.

Ronald Villiers
2 minutes ago, Bunny Munro said:

When you're actually watching the video.

Perfect, thanks mate. 👍

Ronald Villiers
1 minute ago, WalterEgo said:

You'll get the option once you're registered and try to access the game.

Thanks pal. 👍

18 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Im using the silence to fuel my hopes here.

He posts the team well before it’s announced so he must know something 

pettigrewsstylist

Think today is about confidence and headspace though. Biting noses and ears off wont be enough. Not sure how Kingsley has trained this week but he looked an empty shell last week and full time got to him.

Hope Devlin can show his maturing and not go radio rental.

If Mckay and Gino show application to get in behind and feed a number 9 then im confident.

Midfield, i have no idea what we are going to start with. Cant see this being a game for Kio.

Some game to have at this stage of season tbh.

They are as fragile as us, if we get noses in front and are performing they are gonna take some flack from the stands.

pettigrewsstylist
4 minutes ago, theshed said:

He posts the team well before it’s announced so he must know something 

👍

Ex member of the SaS
2 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Yes and no, We can play a bit different tho and go more direct or play an extra midfielder.We can control a lot of how we use our midfield. 

Snodgrass getting punted already shows a massive change on how we'll use our midfield 

We can't control the other team knocking cannon balls into our Box, see Ross county last night.

St mirren hitting Main last week.

All you can do is prepare to defend them and Hope your defenders win their personal aerial duels, not something I have high hopes of.

We simply lack experience and aggression. 

I can't see that being fixed until the summer. 

On the plus side, Hibs aren't a long ball side, they aren't that physical and are the perfect team for us to play against imo.

They try and play through you, are on a losing streak and it's hibs.

Perfect game for us at their gaff tbh.

It's the Curtis Main types,  v veen, Jordan White types etc that give me the fear atm as these types just bully our entire central defence.

Utterly shite tbh, but been a theme all season. 

Your first sentence is the exact opposite of what you claimed " Bob "got right by playing out from the back. Strange how all the " Bob " fans are trying to claim they were right all along.

Massive game. The players now owe it to themselves and the club to turn up. I was never a Neilson fan but if they've let standards slip then that's partly on them and they need to find them again starting today.

The big positive is SN knows them, knows what they're capable of, so if they're not giving it their all he'll know straight away. I expect we'll see maximum effort today and despite his inexperience SN will have them playing with their all.

3-1 Hearts 🙌

Edited by Taffin

Ex member of the SaS
9 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Think today is about confidence and headspace though. Biting noses and ears off wont be enough. Not sure how Kingsley has trained this week but he looked an empty shell last week and full time got to him.

Hope Devlin can show his maturing and not go radio rental.

If Mckay and Gino show application to get in behind and feed a number 9 then im confident.

Midfield, i have no idea what we are going to start with. Cant see this being a game for Kio.

Some game to have at this stage of season tbh.

They are as fragile as us, if we get noses in front and are performing they are gonna take some flack from the stands.

All the flair players who did well early on had the stuffing knocked out by slow play from defense. Hopefully a more direct attacking style will siut Kingsley and McKay and others. McKay in particular trying to get forward with no one in the box must have been so frustrating.

Can’t see anything other than a home win unfortunately. Hopefully the players turn up for once but after my recent trips to Livi, Killie, Motherwell and Aberdeen I think it will be 3-0 Hibs