***Official Hibernian v Heart of Midlothian Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

1 minute ago, 19/05/2012 said:

Can’t see anything other than a home win unfortunately. Hopefully the players turn up for once but after my recent trips to Livi, Killie, Motherwell and Aberdeen I think it will be 3-0 Hibs 

That's the spirit 😁

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pettigrewsstylist

• Hearts007

• Taffin

• Marvin

pettigrewsstylist
5 minutes ago, 19/05/2012 said:

Can’t see anything other than a home win unfortunately. Hopefully the players turn up for once but after my recent trips to Livi, Killie, Motherwell and Aberdeen I think it will be 3-0 Hibs 

Oh lordy. Cant contemplate that. Not impossible tho. By about 1pm we should know.

6 minutes ago, jamb-oz said:

That's the spirit 😁

Can’t remember wanting to go to a game less but can’t help myself so heres hoping we see a reaction

Just now, 19/05/2012 said:

Can’t remember wanting to go to a game less but can’t help myself so heres hoping we see a reaction

It's only hibs, we'll be fine 👍

40 minutes ago, Ronald Villiers said:

Hopefully they get done in behind as they normally do by the big maroon boaby.  Natural order!

Woohoo!!

2 hours ago, section s heart said:

Re our aerial weakness from free kicks and corners. Take a leaf out of Gowzer's chat in SATF a few weeks back re discipline, being focused on not giving away silly free kicks. 

We have lost a few  goals recently from free kicks because of the ridiculous high line we take, if the ball is delivered to the penalty spot area we are in trouble, it is easier to defend facing the ball than running towards your own goal IMO. I do realise the high line has become fashionable for better teams than us, supposedly to keep attackers further from goal and headed goals unlikely. But defenders need to know how to use it, the high line on its own is a hazardous tactic and easy exploited.

Skivingatwork

If the players turn up then we win the game. We’re a far better team than they are as we’ve shown already this season.

If Neilson/Snodgrass were the problem then we should see a vast improvement today. Need to start quickly though as they’ll come out the traps with their typical headless chicken display for the first 15 minutes.

pettigrewsstylist
21 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

All the flair players who did well early on had the stuffing knocked out by slow play from defense. Hopefully a more direct attacking style will siut Kingsley and McKay and others. McKay in particular trying to get forward with no one in the box must have been so frustrating.

Totally agree, just have to hope this weeks changes have had enough time for them to regain their step.

Bazzas right boot
22 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Your first sentence is the exact opposite of what you claimed " Bob "got right by playing out from the back. Strange how all the " Bob " fans are trying to claim they were right all along.

I 100% want us to play out from the back as a strategy,  but our form has dropped of a cliff and we need to change something until we get better players.

Next Season with Beni, Boyce and a few transfers it's 100% the way to go.

Right now it isn't, our players aren't good enough.

No claims and it's not strange.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, TheBigO said:

Can see big upside to him in midfield. Just not at present. Maybe once Halks back/got better options.

Never know, Naisy might trust Hill. He had the materials, just looked shaky since first couple games... but then who hasn't in that period!!!!

We'll see but yeh id have Toby in defence for this one.

No upside for me in midfield at all tbh.

He's never a midfielder. 

pettigrewsstylist
7 minutes ago, Skacelsid said:

We have lost a few  goals recently from free kicks because of the ridiculous high line we take, if the ball is delivered to the penalty spot area we are in trouble, it is easier to defend facing the ball than running towards your own goal IMO. I do realise the high line has become fashionable for better teams than us, supposedly to keep attackers further from goal and headed goals unlikely. But defenders need to know how to use it, the high line on its own is a hazardous tactic and easy exploited.

Looked to me, who knows zip,  like we have tried to implement a zonal defence from setplays, which despite its repeated failure, we have perservered with.

Wonder if we might go man for man at setplays now and try to get thro next few games. It seems much simpler and we are out of time.

Luckies1874
5 hours ago, Bull's-eye said:

Only read the last page and  it all feels very "Stendal" !!!!

Hope Naisy doesn't go down that particular path. 

I'd take this. Probably our best performance at Easter Road in a number of years

11 minutes ago, 19/05/2012 said:

If it in any way helps your equilibrium then digest this:-

The last time H1b5 beat us at Albion Place Stadium was 9th of March 2018.

Since then their poor supporters have turned up 6, yes SIX, times without witnessing a victory.

We, on the other hand, have watched 3 wins and 3 draws (or at least I have 😎).

That's an unbeaten run of 6 at their gaff.

We are currently on an unbeaten run of 8 versus them home & away.

They are sick to death of us.

❤️❤️G❤️

Independence
1 minute ago, Wee Mikey said:

Since then their poor supporters have turned up 6, yes SIX, times without witnessing a victory.

❤️❤️G❤️

Yaaaaaasssssss! It’s H1b5, we always beat them!!!!! FTH HHGH

Luckies1874
3 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

❤️❤️G❤️

Its 9 unbeaten mate (6 wins and 3 draws).

Pasquale for King
12 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

I'd take this. Probably our best performance at Easter Road in a number of years

Hope we dont go down that road eh? Stendel, one game one win 👏🏾

Edited by Pasquale for King

5 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

❤️❤️G❤️

Actually 9 unbeaten - I would very much like to extend this today 😎🇱🇻

2 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

Its 9 unbeaten mate (6 wins and 3 draws).

Just now, MattyK82 said:

Actually 9 unbeaten - I would very much like to extend this today 😎🇱🇻

Oops!!! Thanks, guys.

In that case even better.

Let's get into double figures, with another win on the record.

That would be just the tonic and a sickener for the relegation party mob.

❤️❤️G❤️

CloustonHMFC

No idea how today is going to go but it’s our biggest game of the season. A win is an absolute must if we still want to aim for 3rd. Any kind of dropped points and 3rd is out of the question. 

Pasquale for King
4 hours ago, fabienleclerq said:

Sibbick is a CH, his pace comes in handy there. Him stepping out from defence is fine but he wouldn't get the same space in midfield. 

How many CM are praised for their pace? 

Your last sentence is an extremely good point 👍🏽
Just feel we need a quicker player in there as a DM if we are going to press. 

38 minutes ago, 19/05/2012 said:

Aye cos Hibs are flying right enough. 

Feel more nervous for the lineup being released than the game for some reason. Imagine he plays 3 at back with 2 wingbacks 🤣

Luckies1874
Just now, CloustonHMFC said:

No idea how today is going to go but it’s our biggest game of the season. A win is an absolute must if we still want to aim for 3rd. Any kind of dropped points and 3rd is out of the question. 

Yes it would be brilliant but we don't need to win today given the fixtures next weekend and Aberdeen to come at home. However confidence wise we need to take something from it and see a vastly improved performance. 

Looking forward to this now, team selection will be interesting and may show who was in on merit and who was a favourite. 

New manager bounce-back. 3-1 defeat of Hibs with 2 of their players sent off and Naismith sent off at full-time for giving the GIRUY to the Hibs bench.

CloustonHMFC
Just now, JimmyCant said:

Kuol starts. Boyce on the bench . Ginelly not in squad

If this comes to fruition I will be  shocked. 

Edited by CloustonHMFC

Batistuta87
2 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Kuol starts. Boyce on the bench . Ginelly not in squad

Oaft 🤞🏻

Nervous today. After Aberdeen winning last night we need to win too. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Coin flip for today IMO

Funnily enough I just asked on another thread  how close Boyce was to a return. The club have kept that quiet if he is fit enough for the bench…

we could literally drop down to 5th today without a win... hibs are on the exact same run in  the league, theyve lost their last 4 in form table so that doeant go into it. as fragile as us as it seems. Common the jambos

RudiSkacelsLeftPeg
25 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Hope we dont go down that road eh? Stendel, one game one win 👏🏾

Thought he beat Rangers twice. 

RudiSkacelsLeftPeg
32 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

❤️❤️G❤️

Unbeaten run is 9 son.

19 minutes ago, redjambo said:

New manager bounce-back. 3-1 defeat of Hibs with 2 of their players sent off and Naismith sent off at full-time for giving the GIRUY to the Hibs bench.

:yas:

way out west jambo

SN gets it. He’ll have them fired up beyond belief. Anyone caught not putting in everything they have today won’t be here next season simple as that. We’ll find out more about our squad than you would expect today. There’s no excuses now.

Folk on here looking for players coming back from injury  are quite right to be positive - but Boyce ? Short memories, as for many months before he got his injury he was very much off form (compared to what we came to expect of him) FFFHibs have taken the initiative (partially handed to them with our own tactics) at the start of the last few derbies so it will be interesting to see if we actually go at them from the start. If so - expect fireworks (could do with my namesake playing to get it right up them within the first five minutes - couple of players put into the crowd) 

1 minute ago, way out west jambo said:

SN gets it. He’ll have them fired up beyond belief. Anyone caught not putting in everything they have today won’t be here next season simple as that. We’ll find out more about our squad than you would expect today. There’s no excuses now.

Perfectly put