**** Heart Of Midlothian V St Mirren OFFICIAL MATCH THREAD ****

Masonic

13 hours ago, Italian Lambretta said:

As usual I’ll turn up at Tynie with optimism. This will soon subside when Neilsons plan A doesn’t work and I’ll probably go to pub at half time.

If your usual had been NOT to go to pub at half time, you'd know we've done pretty well at Tynecastle this season.

If 'as usual' is on offer this Saturday I'll take it. A bit worried if Clark's out though.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pettigrewsstylist

• Pasquale for King

• Clark Griswold

• Naisys Tackle

Japan Jambo
16 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Apart from the OF we haven't lost in the league to anyone at home this season iirc.  If we lose this one it will be a big message. 

Too many messages already - the writing is on the wall, unfortunately the board remains illiterate. 🤷‍♂️

TyphoonJambo

I will miss it as I having root canal work done. Don't need it and haven't even booked it yet but I'm sure it'll be more enjoyable than anything Robbie turns out. Bloody charlatan.

TyphoonJambo
4 minutes ago, J80MBO said:

Thoughts on Connor Smith being better option than snodgrass, kio, and grant.

Pollock too.

I'm sure I heard Pollock is injured, could be wrong. Otherwise, yes agreed, i'd give him a chance.

TyphoonJambo
14 minutes ago, 4marsbars said:

If your usual had been NOT to go to pub at half time, you'd know we've done pretty well at Tynecastle this season.

If 'as usual' is on offer this Saturday I'll take it. A bit worried if Clark's out though.

Clark went of with a "badly bruised ego" they can recover quickly from this.

Tommy Brown
49 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Neilson out or 5th place incoming. 

Looking at post split fixtures, it's feasible for us to be 7th.

That is not requiring out of ordinary results.

18 hours ago, Masonic said:

robbie will persist with the same tactics and style lets hope we can scrape a victory as this current run of form is no good at all looks like clark might be out as well so we may need to rely on stewart again its like de ja vu

Have you started a match thread that we have won yet ? That’s The last three ………… any chance some one else can do it instead 

Just now, Tommy Brown said:

Looking at post split fixtures, it's feasible for us to be 7th.

That is not requiring out of ordinary results.

You think we won't make the split?

I have a strong feeling that's not what you mean, in which case, your "7th" calculation is entirely bogus.

Tommy Brown
Just now, 4marsbars said:

You think we won't make the split?

I have a strong feeling that's not what you mean, in which case, your "7th" calculation is entirely bogus.

Explain.

I have said it is possible for us to be 7th at game 33.

Check it out for yourself.

Tynecastle is the comfort zone for the players and manager.  It’s a good thing because it’s important you are strong at home and it gives you the basis to push at the right end of the table, but it shouldn’t mask the wider problems.  

A win next week again takes the pressure off Neilson and the board(from making a decision) but the situation is slowly becoming, “papering over the cracks”.  

However, St Mirren may fancy it next week and will be out the traps early to test how fragile we are. Then we’ll see if our home comforts benefit us.  

pettigrewsstylist
17 hours ago, glynnlondon said:

Yep tho I'm not hopeful after the split could  be a shambles I think we could be in freefall

Hibs and Aberdeen at home. We couldnt have asked for more. No complaints tbh. Totally in our hands.

pettigrewsstylist
17 hours ago, brawlad74 said:

Absolutely Must win game

Agreed,first time i have used that phrase this season. We need these home points to retain  control of 3rd in our own hands IMO.

Fire_At_The_Disco

The last time St Mirren came to Tynie (The Friday night game) we were rotten and were very lucky to scrape a 1-0. Something similar this week will require a shitload of belief …..I fear we don’t have any. 

NextGenerationJambo
1 hour ago, J80MBO said:

Pollock too.

They certainly can't be much worse. You know you could at least expect 100% from them.

If we make top six, and get the OF at home, that will be 2 losses and 2 away losses. Might sneak 3 points if the 5th game is at home

pettigrewsstylist
1 hour ago, J80MBO said:

Pollock too.

He runs at folk and tries to go past them, not fit for purpose.

pettigrewsstylist
9 minutes ago, Fire_At_The_Disco said:

The last time St Mirren came to Tynie (The Friday night game) we were rotten and were very lucky to scrape a 1-0. Something similar this week will require a shitload of belief …..I fear we don’t have any. 

Seem to recall we fluked a point a few days earlier away. The fact we struggled so badly, at home, only a few days later ......tactical masterclass.

Saved by a single moment of genius. 

1 hour ago, Tommy Brown said:

Explain.

I have said it is possible for us to be 7th at game 33.

Check it out for yourself.

The part of your post that puzzled me was when you factored the post-split fixtures into your calculations. 

I think you meant pre-split. Yes, you're right. Hearts fans know never to take anything for granted. 

Since the players appear to have chucked it. 

Can we play players that actually want to play for Hearts and not have a wee hissy fit 

LochcarronJambo

A real tricky fixture for us this season, now this Saturday’s seems even trickier……

Tommy Brown
18 minutes ago, 4marsbars said:

The part of your post that puzzled me was when you factored the post-split fixtures into your calculations. 

I think you meant pre-split. Yes, you're right. Hearts fans know never to take anything for granted. 

:facepalm:  my bad.  Pre-split:lol:

Gorgie_Rules

Neilson has done enough in his time at Hearts to deserve St Mirren (H), Hibs (A), Ross County (H).

As frustrating as it is, our form shows we are night and day home and away.

The derby may well take away the issue of our soft approach away from home, and a win against St Mirren could make a significant difference to the mentality of the players and the fans.

Anything short of 7 points from the next 3 and Neilson will be in serious trouble IMO.

38 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Tynecastle is the comfort zone for the players and manager.  It’s a good thing because it’s important you are strong at home and it gives you the basis to push at the right end of the table, but it shouldn’t mask the wider problems.  

A win next week again takes the pressure off Neilson and the board(from making a decision) but the situation is slowly becoming, “papering over the cracks”.  

However, St Mirren may fancy it next week and will be out the traps early to test how fragile we are. Then we’ll see if our home comforts benefit us.  

Absolutely, there is nothing to suggest week on week we're improving and getting better at playing 'Robbies way', I'd say if anything the opposite is true. I don't see Robbie conceding that his approach isn't working and will just plough on until he's sacked. 

I think once the season is over, even if we get 3rd there is a need for the board/savage to have a discussion because flatly, its not acceptable. The players aren't performing and if they're not responding to the manager/coaching team then change is required. I don't see our away form suddenly improving next season, so it really doesn't leave much else to do IMO. 

3 hours ago, Debut 4 said:

Equally Tynecastle can be an absolutely horrible place if you’re not performing to ‘expected’ levels. It’s not for the faint hearted and St Mirren will look to exploit this. They will know that an early goal for them will put this Hearts side into a flat spin. We don’t need shrinking violets come Saturday.

Selkirkhmfc1874

Hopefully Cammy Devlin back for this game because he'll certainly give us energy in the middle of the park 

34 minutes ago, ShedBoy said:

Equally Tynecastle can be an absolutely horrible place if you’re not performing to ‘expected’ levels. It’s not for the faint hearted and St Mirren will look to exploit this. They will know that an early goal for them will put this Hearts side into a flat spin. We don’t need shrinking violets come Saturday.

True.  Real test of everyone’s character now.  

1 hour ago, OTT said:

Absolutely, there is nothing to suggest week on week we're improving and getting better at playing 'Robbies way', I'd say if anything the opposite is true. I don't see Robbie conceding that his approach isn't working and will just plough on until he's sacked. 

I think once the season is over, even if we get 3rd there is a need for the board/savage to have a discussion because flatly, it’s not acceptable. The players aren't performing and if they're not responding to the manager/coaching team then change is required. I don't see our away form suddenly improving next season, so it really doesn't leave much else to do IMO. 

Spot on. 

Be nice if the players didn't hide.

Showed for the ball.

Moved off the ball and didn't give the opposition an easy shift.

Bullied instead of being bullied.

3-1 Hearts.

On 01/04/2023 at 16:51, Masonic said:

robbie will persist with the same tactics and style lets hope we can scrape a victory as this current run of form is no good at all looks like clark might be out as well so we may need to rely on stewart again its like de ja vu

Let's hope we win convincingly however with the contrast in form with both teams it's a difficult one to predict, as it stands I'll take a 1-0 right now.

One thing St Mirren will do is work hard and press us. We weren't particularly good at countering this when we had a bit of form. A massive turn around needed to get something from this.

Guaranteed we will have more possession but they will have more shots on goal. Is there anyway to bet on that ? Would have made a fortune this season.

LochcarronJambo
4 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Hopefully Cammy Devlin back for this game because he'll certainly give us energy in the middle of the park 

Yes atleast he has desire whatever the tactics, he has plenty shortcomings but gives 100% 

LochcarronJambo

What I would give to have Beni back early…..Kio & Grant are not good enough IMHO & Snodgrass has been poor, albeit with no help…. St Mirren are well organised & will be a real difficult game if we start as badly as we have been doing

We need an early goal. Last thing we need is unrest in the stands. Hope to god we get one early and it settles the players. I’d hate to think what it will be like if we go behind or lose. 
We need Devlin back and get Cochrane at left back for Kingsley 

Batistuta87

Must win game. Goalkeeping situation is a concern if Zander isn't fit because I really don't rate Stewart at all despite him having a save in for save of the season. 

I hate the phrase because every game is a must win - but this really is a game we absolutely need to win. 

It looks to me that players will be going into this game with zero confidence, we scraped a 1-0 at home against them when they seem to have more confidence.

It’s feckin worry like.

10 hours ago, graygo said:

Off topic a bit but I'm away to France next week so fortunately can't make the game. I've not got time to get my season ticket over to my son so he can use it for a mate. Has anyone ever scanned a copy of their season ticket at the turnstiles?

Yes. Done it often  with no problems.

LochcarronJambo
41 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

We need an early goal. Last thing we need is unrest in the stands. Hope to god we get one early and it settles the players. I’d hate to think what it will be like if we go behind or lose. 
We need Devlin back and get Cochrane at left back for Kingsley 

What gets me Is we got early goal yesterday &didnt settle the players

14 minutes ago, LochcarronJambo said:

What gets me Is we got early goal yesterday &didnt settle the players

Very true

I fear the atmosphere on Saturday will be very edgy and the fans will start the booing early doors if we are playing shite.

St Mirren get an early goal the place will turn poisonous.

6 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

I fear the atmosphere on Saturday will be very edgy and the fans will start the booing early doors if we are playing shite.

Good point mate it will be even worse if Aberdeen are winning.

Watt-Zeefuik

The "must win" game that Robbie's harshest critics have always talked about has finally actually arrived. If we don't win, the time has come, much as it gives me no joy to say.

Watt-Zeefuik
1 hour ago, Batistuta87 said:

Must win game. Goalkeeping situation is a concern if Zander isn't fit because I really don't rate Stewart at all despite him having a save in for save of the season. 

I hate the phrase because every game is a must win - but this really is a game we absolutely need to win. 

Heh, didn't read this before I posted my take, but yes. We are actually at a must win game for once.

Rick Sanchez
9 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

It feels almost inevitable to me. I'll no doubt just shake my head with my hand on chin.

Batistuta87
20 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

Heh, didn't read this before I posted my take, but yes. We are actually at a must win game for once.

Yeah... 

Can only imagine the noise inside Tynecastle if we don't win.