Devlin.

Halliday.

Humphrys. 

Shankland.

Ginnelly. 

Forrest at RB?

1 minute ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Right wing back aye 

You think he’ll revert back to a 3? Despite the result on Saturday, I think we are more balanced with a 4. Interesting to see how we set up.

Also, I said pre Killie, it would be good to see Snodgrass in his actual position of a 10, where I think his ability will be utilised far better.

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 minute ago, MattyK82 said:

You think he’ll revert back to a 3? Despite the result on Saturday, I think we are more balanced with a 4. Interesting to see how we set up.

Also, I said pre Killie, it would be good to see Snodgrass in his actual position of a 10, where I think his ability will be utilised far better.

I think he probably will but who knows ! Smith and Snodgrass slower than week in the jail 

Getintaethem

Reading this thread, it’s like a lot of fans have chucked it already.  St Mirren will probably look to keep it tight early and get the home fans turning on their own.  

The players need to come out fighting, but the fans need to do their bit too.  Turning on the players is the last thing they need just now.

1 minute ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

I think he probably will but who knows ! Smith and Snodgrass slower than week in the jail 

Smith is not and never will be a RWB! Crazy by Robbie continuing to play him there 🤯

Snodgrass has never had pace but in the role of a 10, where he’s played his entire career, he wouldn’t really need it. His eye for a pass and a shot (if he lost the shot shyness) could be very useful. The likes of Gino or Humphrey’s could be his legs, making runs in behind, and he could slide in Shanks too! 

3 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Both Teams To Score. 

Ah, apologies (hadn’t seen that one before!)

Edited by MattyK82

Pasquale for King
11 minutes ago, Skacelsid said:

Clark(if fit)

Atkinson, Hill, Rowles, Cochrane 

Sibbick, Devlin

Gino, Humphrys, McKay

Shanks

Like the look of that, plenty of pace in there. 

442 diamond 

Goalkeeper

Smith Sibbick Rowles Cochrane 

Kio

Grant              Haliday

Snodric

Humphrys Shankland 

Good strength in attack to break their line. 

1 minute ago, Armageddon said:

0-3.  

They’ll score in the first 10 minutes.

Usual pish.

In fairness to this team, the usual is beating pretty much everyone in the league expect the OF at home (Excluding those games - P11, W10, D1). 

Saturday at home, in front of a full house will tell us a lot about the character of this team. Not a place for shrinking violets. 

Horatio Caine
1 hour ago, Getintaethem said:

Reading this thread, it’s like a lot of fans have chucked it already.  St Mirren will probably look to keep it tight early and get the home fans turning on their own.  

The players need to come out fighting, but the fans need to do their bit too.  Turning on the players is the last thing they need just now.

Well said.

Don't know what the score will be but it guarantee that they look more up for it, more organised and have more shots on goal than us.

On 02/04/2023 at 10:40, TypoonJambo said:

I'm sure I heard Pollock is injured, could be wrong. Otherwise, yes agreed, i'd give him a chance.

Maybe, must have happened at the weekend in B team match. 

On 02/04/2023 at 10:52, Tommy Brown said:

Looking at post split fixtures, it's feasible for us to be 7th.

That is not requiring out of ordinary results.

For us to lose last five matches pre-split would be out of the ordinary. That’s what needs to happen for us to finish 7th 

As well as that happening In reality it needs St.Mirren to get something at Ibrox and Livingston to probably win all of their remaining games, two of which are away from home 

Much more chance of Hibs finishing 7th than us. 

Tommy Brown
12 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

For us to lose last five matches pre-split would be out of the ordinary. That’s what needs to happen for us to finish 7th 

As well as that happening In reality it needs St.Mirren to get something at Ibrox and Livingston to probably win all of their remaining games, two of which are away from home 

Much more chance of Hibs finishing 7th than us. 

No it doesn't

Hearts 45  StM, Hibs & RC

Aberdeen  Killie, RC & Rangers (47-50)

St Mirren beat us and Killie (47)

Hibs beat us, DU & St J (45-49)

Livi Mwell St J &  DU (45-48)

Edited by Tommy Brown

KyleLafferty

Really really hope the fans don’t turn on the team during the game. After the game fair enough if we get a poor result. But for 90 minutes they will need encouragement 

4 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

Really really hope the fans don’t turn on the team during the game. After the game fair enough if we get a poor result. But for 90 minutes they will need encouragement 

Only need to see they care to get my support. 

6 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

No it doesn't

Hearts 45  StM, Hibs & RC

Aberdeen  Killie, RC & Rangers (47-50)

St Mirren beat us and Killie (47)

Hibs beat us, DU & St J (45-49)

Livi Mwell St J &  DU (45-48)

As I said us losing last five would be out of the ordinary. As would us losing at home to both Ross County and St.Mirren. We are unbeaten in the league game at home this season against non-OF teams. As I also said Hibs lose last three and it’s 40 and 7th at best.  More likely they win one, draw one and lose one for 44. 

On 02/04/2023 at 13:28, OTT said:

Absolutely, there is nothing to suggest week on week we're improving and getting better at playing 'Robbies way', I'd say if anything the opposite is true. I don't see Robbie conceding that his approach isn't working and will just plough on until he's sacked. 

I think once the season is over, even if we get 3rd there is a need for the board/savage to have a discussion because flatly, its not acceptable. The players aren't performing and if they're not responding to the manager/coaching team then change is required. I don't see our away form suddenly improving next season, so it really doesn't leave much else to do IMO. 

Nearly half the squad will probably  be gone in the summer so it’s going to be a completely different dressing room dynamic whoever is in charge. 

22 hours ago, Led Tasso said:

The "must win" game that Robbie's harshest critics have always talked about has finally actually arrived. If we don't win, the time has come, much as it gives me no joy to say.

Thought that was every game against the wee team? Or is that next weeks must win game? 

Tommy Brown
14 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

As I said us losing last five would be out of the ordinary. As would us losing at home to both Ross County and St.Mirren. We are unbeaten in the league game at home this season against non-OF teams. As I also said Hibs lose last three and it’s 40 and 7th at best.  More likely they win one, draw one and lose one for 44. 

What I think (hope, other than hoping we get 9 pts)

Hearts 48-50

Aberdeen 4 - 48

St M 4 -45

Hibs 4 -45

Llivi 3 -42

Avoiding defeats in next 2 is imperative.

Really need 7-9 points (52-54)

The thought of both keepers out is another major worry on top of our form.

Edited by Tommy Brown

Gorgie_Rules
3 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Stewart 

Sibbick Rowles Kingsley

M.Smith Devlin Grant Cochrane 

Gino                  McKay

Shankland 

Btts 

Thats the team i’d go with. I think Devlin can give us the fresh energy we need. It’s the type of game that suits McKay (frustratingly).

Would also be in favour if Kinglsey out for a back 4 and play Snodgrass.

Gordon_1874

St Mirren have beaten us once in their last 20 visits to tynecastle, we've won 15 of those games. Anything other than 3 points would be a total disaster.

This is a massive game on Saturday now and nothing but 3 points will do. I’m confident in our home form. In the last ten, we’re third in the league (Form table). 

It’s our away form that’s mostly causing the issues, we’re currently 10th in that table (in the last ten). 9 wins away in two seasons is embarrassing for a club like us.

If we don’t turn up on Saturday, the atmosphere will quickly turn toxic.

24 minutes ago, Gordon_1874 said:

St Mirren have beaten us once in their last 20 visits to tynecastle, we've won 15 of those games. Anything other than 3 points would be a total disaster.

They'll be looking for another 3 points. 

I'll be getting blootered as normal then spend 90 minutes moaning and groaning.

Thats what football is all about 👍

mellors1874

Missing this one through illness.

Don't know if that's a good thing or not sure will find out quick enough with my two boys going.

3 hours ago, HMFC01 said:

442 diamond 

Goalkeeper

Smith Sibbick Rowles Cochrane 

Kio

Grant              Haliday

Snodric

Humphrys Shankland 

Good strength in attack to break their line. 

Like this.

Four at the back and a diamond in the middle, two up front. Win the midfield battle for a change.

Maybe replace Kio with Devlin, Smith with Atkinson.

The full backs can push on if the opportunity is there.

3 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Nearly half the squad will probably  be gone in the summer so it’s going to be a completely different dressing room dynamic whoever is in charge. 

Can you guess at the half who will be going ? 12-13 players going ? Many of whom will have fairly lucrative contracts I guess ?

7 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

Can you guess at the half who will be going ? 12-13 players going ? Many of whom will have fairly lucrative contracts I guess ?

Just for starters - a keeper, Atkinson, Smith, Hill, Kio, Grant, Haring, Humphrys, Kuol, Snodgrass 

11 hours ago, KyleLafferty said:

If the team show fight, skill and courage, the fans will back them, if they start fannying about at the back it will get toxic pretty quickly, this team hasn’t the spirit to give the crowd the big GIRUY. I really, really hope I’m wrong.😞

37 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Just for starters - a keeper, Atkinson, Smith, Hill, Kio, Grant, Haring, Humphrys, Kuol, Snodgrass 

Kio and Grant won’t be going. Atkinson possibly not either so that’s 6 going which is reasonable turnover 

Bazzas right boot

Hopefully the team shows more spirit and fight than many are showing  on this forum, many have chucked the game and 3rd place already!

Need to win this.

If we can defend properly,  I think we'll win this by 2 goals, maybe 2-0 or 3-1.

Chuck in goals like v Killie and the crowd will turn and we will struggle.

Get this show back on the road and set us up for ER!

I'd drop Snodgrass and play Devlin, Kio and Grant in the middle with 4 at the back.

Bazzas right boot
49 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Gino likey as well.