• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pettigrewsstylist

• Pasquale for King

• Clark Griswold

• Naisys Tackle

Ricardo Quaresma
4 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Ffs, what a load of shite!  We did get smashed in Europe anyway!   It’s what  - an extra 4 games if you actually win the thing?  Out of 50 odd games.  Do you go shitting yourself every game we play in case we get players injured?  What about St Mirren - should we worry about playing certain players in case they get injured before the derby? 

Injuries are part and parcel of football. Every club gets them.  You just need to deal with them better than we do. 

What a load of shite; we'd have gotten absolutely obliterated in Europe and it would have damaged confidence a lot more

I was very concerned about injuries at that time as our squad was disjointed as F, trying to play important games with a ramshackle set of options after failing to get a CB and RB; we are still f'd with injuries

I'm not scared of St liedoon, especially before a ball is kicked and it is now the business end of the season, we've just lost 2 away games where a full squad to choose from would have got points; a draw at pittodrie would have been nice

We've got a handful of games left, but you'd rather another 4 cruciates and no hope of 3rd for a poxy league cup?

We've got to make hay while the sun shines, we don't know how long Euro GS are going to be available, but you want to risk giving 3rd to the sheep or the shite?

What if we lost Shankland, Gino & Humphrys pursuing a LC worth £500K?

No LC, No 3rd, No Europe, No £5M for Europe and sheep or shite get it, all the while all the shit teams below us now pointing and laughing?

**** the LC, until we have the resources for that & Europe & the league

Ricardo Quaresma
52 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Clark/Stewart

Smith

Hill

Rowles

Cochrane

Sibbick

Devlin

Ginnelly

Snodgrass

Humphrys

Shankland

I would be content, with the intent, of that line-up

Clark/Stewart

Smith 

Hill/Sibbick

Rowles

Cochrane

Devlin

Sibbick/Haring

Halliday

Ginelly

Shankland

McKay

1 hour ago, GBJambo said:

We need to win the midfield battle or we will lose . 

Those 2 players will fight and will more than likely win the battle which is more than be said for the usual shirkers 

Doesn't matter who plays or what system and formation is, if the general attitude is shit, nobody wants the ball, nobody moves into space, don't even attempt to win the ball back etc.

Gorgierools
1 minute ago, jambopilms said:

Doesn't matter who plays or what system and formation is, if the general attitude is shit, nobody wants the ball, nobody moves into space, don't even attempt to win the ball back etc.

That's so bloody evident when we get a throw in. No one shows so it goes backwards.

Gorgierools
1 minute ago, 19/05/2012 said:

Clark 

Atkinson Sibbick Rowles Cochrane

Devlin Halliday

Forrest McKay

Shankland Humphrys

McKay no chance. We need fight, aggression and someone who plain gives a flying **** about hmfc. I'd play pollard behind the front 3 before that blue booted charlatan. Until he shows some desire he she shouldn't be anywhere near first pick.

Robbo-Jambo
7 minutes ago, Gorgierools said:

McKay no chance. We need fight, aggression and someone who plain gives a flying **** about hmfc. I'd play pollard behind the front 3 before that blue booted charlatan. Until he shows some desire he she shouldn't be anywhere near first pick.

Eric ?? 🙄

48 minutes ago, Gorgierools said:

i wouldnt play Mckay away from home but at home against the lesser sides he has been ok

Stewart/ Clark

Smith Hill Rowles Cochrane

Sibbick Devlin

Grant

Kuol Shankland McKay

Kuol has barely had a look in, and I think he could offer some dangerous pace. He's a good player, and I think deserves a chance. If he pulls an Oda at Livi, we can always pull him off at half time. But I think he could genuinely surprise us. Lightening quick and good on the ball. There is a reason he's in the Aussie national team and Newcastle bought him. 

Captain Holt

Clark* (stewart if not available)

Smith    Neilson      Rowles   Cochrane 

Sibbick      Halliday

Gino                                       Kuol

Shankland  Humphrys

(if devlin available he takes neilsons place and swaps with sibbick)

19 minutes ago, 19/05/2012 said:

i wouldnt play Mckay away from home but at home against the lesser sides he has been ok

my thinking as well, but Forrest is overdue a chance at home I think

Nothing but a win will do , lots of debates on the starting line up. For me ,who ever pulls on the jersey and is in the starting 11 needs to perform to their best . 

3 minutes ago, fila said:

Nothing but a win will do , lots of debates on the starting line up. For me ,who ever pulls on the jersey and is in the starting 11 needs to perform to their best . 

100% mate.

2 hours ago, Gorgierools said:

That's so bloody evident when we get a throw in. No one shows so it goes backwards.

If you ever watch McKay when there's a throw-in, he moves closer to the defender so the ball doesn't go to him.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Lovecraft said:

I think Humps will start.

I hope all the quick players start where possible to get after them and get a lead because a slow team and start really wont help the atmosphere. 

The White Cockade
4 hours ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Eric ?? 🙄

Yes in a front 3 with Mr Wilks and Amos Brearley

2 hours ago, Yoda said:

If you ever watch McKay when there's a throw-in, he moves closer to the defender so the ball doesn't go to him.

The ball being thrown backwards has been happening for the last 3 seasons either wing even when we're well inside the opposition half and is extremely irritating but to try and blame McKay is nonsense I suspect it's something that's encouraged by the head coach.If you look at the thrower their 1st thought is usually backwards 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, The White Cockade said:

Yes in a front 3 with Mr Wilks and Amos Brearley

Surely that would be the midfield, a quicker 3 than usual. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Nik5122 said:

The ball being thrown backwards has been happening for the last 3 seasons either wing even when we're well inside the opposition half and is extremely irritating but to try and blame McKay is nonsense I suspect it's something that's encouraged by the head coach.If you look at the thrower their 1st thought is usually backwards 

Lets face it the team has done that a lot longer than 3 years, Smith has mostly passed and thrown the ball backwards in his time here. 

No Idle Talk

It's hard to overstate how big a game this is for us. We NEED a win. 

Fairly or unfairly, it's a bit of a no win situation for the manager. If we win the concerns over our away form will remain. If we lose he is really going to start hearing it from the fans. 

One step at a time. Three points and a show of commitment please Hearts. 

15 hours ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Clark/Stewart

Smith

Hill

Rowles

Cochrane

Sibbick

Devlin

Ginnelly

Snodgrass

Humphrys

Shankland

I think this is the right shape and 100% agree Sibbick and Devlin sitting in front. 

12 hours ago, Lovecraft said:

I think Humps will start.

Yep, more I think about it I think so too and I'd actually agree.  Let's get the guys on the park who try to make things happen. Shape way less important in a way.  So a front 3 of Shanks, Gino and Humps, all staying pretty high, pulling them wide when needed and just in very simple terms causing them bother I think is the way to go.

WHat is behind that?  You could actually think the 343 is the way to go, so none of the front 3 are needing to start overly wide and can interact with the wingbacks rather than be the wide outball.

But then we have the usual giving up the midfield issue - so the above only works if we somewhat miss out the midfield but hitting the front three into chests or down channels.  We won't do that I don't think

So its a 433 imo.  I'd go Cochrane at LB.  I'd go Cam in midfield and possibly Halliday (first time he's EVER been in my starting XI I think!).  The other one in CM, probably Snoddy but not to sit deep.

Finally, while I type, the other one is 4231/4213 with Cam and Halliday at CM, Snods ahead and the three forwards mentioned.

Ex member of the SaS

I agree this is a must win or Robbie goes. Having said that, I can take a loss ( generally ) as long as the team shows some sort of commitment and desire. Teams will lose games that obvious, but OUR team losing with no fight or effort is just not good enough. Get stuck in and score a barrow load and make a statement of intent.

If available, I'd like to see Humphries, Devlin and Halliday start. What they lack in other areas, they at least have attitude. Back to basics for me, have to compete first.

Robbie is under particular pressure for the next three games. I didn't expect anything from the away fixtures but winning at home and derbies has become the norm.

Ricardo Quaresma

I think an important facet of this run-in, unlike last year when we attained 3rd early, is that the players we should be using should be the players that wrapped up 3rd last year

All of the recent line-ups suggested don't have Grant or Kio; I think there's good reason for that; they are still apprentices in this league; both of them have had slow starts due to injuries, suspensions, visa applications, but have been good in most games from the bench

9 minutes ago, Flimsy said:

If available, I'd like to see Humphries, Devlin and Halliday start. What they lack in other areas, they at least have attitude. Back to basics for me, have to compete first.

Robbie is under particular pressure for the next three games. I didn't expect anything from the away fixtures but winning at home and derbies has become the norm.

“Win their personal battles”. Think these three are fully focussed on that. 

LochcarronJambo
6 minutes ago, Flimsy said:

I agree, tho Humphrys did look a bit within himself when he came on against Kilmarnock, I put that down to the malaise around him, Devlin will give much needed bite (hope he is fit) & I know Halliday has limitations but he gives 100% when he is playing & I would rather that than the ‘more gifted’ giving much less effort & desire & if possible would like to see Kuol given  a start 

Worthing Jambo
15 minutes ago, Flimsy said:

It will be interesting to see if any of them start, based on Mark Donaldson’s comments on SATF.

Fingers crossed the rain stays off!

TorinoJambo
8 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Surely that would be the midfield, a quicker 3 than usual. 

What? No Seth Armstrong? Everybody oot!!!!

17 minutes ago, Worthing Jambo said:

It will be interesting to see if any of them start, based on Mark Donaldson’s comments on SATF.

It was a worrying comment about a few players having a stinking attitude in training.

18 hours ago, Luckies1874 said:

Interesting timing for this comment on the hospitality info for Saturday......pre-empting some vitriol if things go tits up!  :kirk:

"Also, just a polite reminder, We ask that all supporters using our hospitality areas respect our values and policies and do not engage in the use of foul or abusive language, we want everyone to enjoy themselves. Regrettably if this behaviour occurs , we are likely to ask those involved to leave the suite and they will face further sanctions in accordance with our unacceptable conduct policy".

In vino veritas. Ten of us in the European Lounge on Saturday looking forward to the day the game less so. I want Nielson gone but hoping for a win   I'd only give us a 50-50 chance of us winning. I'm usually a glass half full guy but the displays in Europe , versus the Old Firm , cup games and pretty much every away game outside Edinburgh have been confidence sapping.

Worthing Jambo
11 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

It was a worrying comment about a few players having a stinking attitude in training.

Very strange, as at the beginning of the year the group gave the impression of being close knit and motivated 🤷‍♂️

11 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

I wonder if not having Craig, Halks, Boycie on the training pitch and in and around them every day doesn't help.  We'd built a really good core of pros who are types to demand the best and a good squad needs this imo.

Not blaming yet more on injuries, really not, but wonder if standards can slip a little when these guys aren't in the middle of it every day.  It's actually easy to ignore your manager or coach if you're a little dick, but it's harder to ignore your peers.

Just a thought and hopefully something that's being talked about above the proportion of any actual issue.

6 minutes ago, Worthing Jambo said:

Very strange, as at the beginning of the year the group gave the impression of being close knit and motivated 🤷‍♂️

Aye, agreed......But when your manager doesnae take accountability, and keeps pointing fingers it's no wonder the unity has gone out the team.........Impossible for Neilson to paper over the cracks now.......Time to go........Wake up Budge, McKinlay & co........ 

AC Mallin_51

I think snoddy needs to sit this one out. Becoming a liability and Gogic had his number both games in January. Hopefully devlin is fit 

Worthing Jambo
1 minute ago, Hashimoto said:

Aye, agreed......But when your manager doesnae take accountability, and keeps pointing fingers it's no wonder the unity has gone out the team.........Impossible for Neilson to paper over the cracks now.......Time to go........Wake up Budge, McKinlay & co........ 

I’m not defending Neilson but what has changed since then?

Pasquale for King
27 minutes ago, TorinoJambo said:

What? No Seth Armstrong? Everybody oot!!!!

On the bench, need Amos anchoring the midfield moaning and pointing.

Pasquale for King
Just now, Worthing Jambo said:

For me when he ****ed up the selection for the Rangers game, threw a teenager to the wolves, then blamed the players for not following his flawed tactics without taking any of the blame.

We haven’t played well at since, apart from a victory against St Johnstone who cant seem to play against the 343. 

1 minute ago, Worthing Jambo said:

Plenty by all accounts.......Split camp (them and us), Neilson's poor media after games, team not understanding, or buying into tactics. managers seemingly having his favourites, undroppable players........As much as we can all speculate.......The one thing that is undeniable is that the issues are being played out in front of us on Saturday afternoon's 

10 minutes ago, AC Mallin_51 said:

I think snoddy needs to sit this one out. Becoming a liability and Gogic had his number both games in January. Hopefully devlin is fit 

If he is going to play CM, agreed. He’s far too slow and doesn’t have the engine for there.

If he’s played in his natural position of a 10, play him - madness Robbie hasn’t tried him there. His passing for the likes of Shanks or Gino could be very useful.

Worthing Jambo
5 minutes ago, Hashimoto said:

Plenty by all accounts.......Split camp (them and us), Neilson's poor media after games, team not understanding, or buying into tactics. managers seemingly having his favourites, undroppable players........As much as we can all speculate.......The one thing that is undeniable is that the issues are being played out in front of us on Saturday afternoon's 

There will be people out there that could confirm or deny all this but unfortunately they never want to put their head above the parapet.

Maybe they don’t see the point?

Worthing Jambo
11 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

For me when he ****ed up the selection for the Rangers game, threw a teenager to the wolves, then blamed the players for not following his flawed tactics without taking any of the blame.

We haven’t played well at since, apart from a victory against St Johnstone who cant seem to play against the 343. 

Fair enough.

Something is certainly not right!

57 minutes ago, Worthing Jambo said:

Be surprised if Halliday is one of those Donaldson was referring too. Hasn't had much game time so you never know. Would be surprisingly poor if the case though. Always felt his attitude was bang on.