**** Heart Of Midlothian V St Mirren OFFICIAL MATCH THREAD ****

Masonic

robbie will persist with the same tactics and style lets hope we can scrape a victory as this current run of form is no good at all looks like clark might be out as well so we may need to rely on stewart again its like de ja vu

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pettigrewsstylist

• Pasquale for King

• Clark Griswold

• Naisys Tackle

davemclaren

Apart from the OF we haven't lost in the league to anyone at home this season iirc.  If we lose this one it will be a big message. 

glynnlondon
Just now, davemclaren said:

Apart from the OF we haven't lost in the league to anyone at home this season iirc.  If we lose this one it will be a big message. 

Yep tho I'm not hopeful after the split could  be a shambles I think we could be in freefall

Thunder and Lightning

Maybe Robbie can call another emergency meeting. Worked so well after the Aberdeen game. 

Scott Leitch
2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

So you want to give him another week and then act if we lose? Isn't this the same issue we had with Levein and Cathro to a certain extent? The problem is clear as day so why wait until it gets worse. Baffling. 

If he's still here then he needs to go back to basics. 

I hope he's sacked this evening.

Scott Leitch
Just now, Mirror said:

Back to some shite like MK Dons would be better. 

Can see us stuttering to a win in this one. Home advantage is clearly massive for us, we cannot hack away performances at all.

Robbie doesn’t deserve to be in charge though. The atmosphere will be poisonous

davemclaren
1 hour ago, Scott Leitch said:

So you want to give him another week and then act if we lose? Isn't this the same issue we had with Levein and Cathro to a certain extent? The problem is clear as day so why wait until it gets worse. Baffling. 

Problems don't always get worse in football - even at Hearts. I never said 'act if we lose' either. I might move to 'unsure'. 😎

Good news I'm in hospitality next week, bad news we don't win when I'm in hospitality ( last time in hospitality we drew against Dundee). 

It might be for the best if the fans just face away from the pitch from the start.........keep the blood pressure under control at least. There's no way that chicken hearted shower of shit are going to be coached in the next week to suddenly be fit/ pro-active/ forward thinking/ attack minded/ defenders/ passers or even basically aware! They are going through some kind of motions, picking up their wages while seeming to have started packing for their holidays! There is nothing suggesting there is any pride left in that team! Meanwhile Budge and co will sit on their thumbs, enjoying the 'free' hospitality as usual!

14 minutes ago, hmfc1984 said:

Think that was the case for the last four games 😟

Shame nobody told Robbie or the players 😭

billybalfour

If we can't rely on Neilson motivating the team let's hope the players have enough pride to get us a win.That was shameful today so even if they aren't playing for the manager let's hope they have it in them to show up at home.Sibbick and Shankland apart the rest were a disgrace.They really owe us one after that.We are still sitting 3rd so still have it to throw away.

I don't think there will be a managerial change in the next 7 days so let's hope the fear they will have about the reaction from the fans if they perform like that at home is enough.

Robbo-Jambo
2 hours ago, Mirror said:

He is going nowhere.

Nobody wants him here, that is obvious.

The board don't care though.

They handed those three muppets new three year contracts.

They won't want to pay out by sacking them, simple as that.

They don't give a **** what the fans think or want.

Italian Lambretta

As usual I’ll turn up at Tynie with optimism. This will soon subside when Neilsons plan A doesn’t work and I’ll probably go to pub at half time.

Disappointing result versus Killie.   Great goal from Shankland, poor goalkeeping from Clark.   Not enough from the rest to get back in the game.   Not unexpected with Killies home form and our away form.   It was always a tough match. 

If we don't bounce back versus St Mirren my moods most likely going to change about the whole setup.   If we can't perform away we must do the business at home.   

No idea what the team will be.   Running low on keepers it seems.   

God knows what Robbie will do for this game.

Hope Devlin is back for his energy. 

Grant Devlin Harring (better than Kio if fit) in midfield. 

A right winger at centre forward. Our best centre forward in 30 years wasted in the no. 10 position. 

A right winger played on the left. 

A host of pish midfielders played. 

84 year old Smith huffing away. 

A comfortable win for st midden with Neilson, jig and the other doughnut clueless yet again. 

Can’t wait. 

We will win by a couple of goals without playing well, as its at home. We have done this all season. Never once have i come away from a home win this year thinking we've played well. Just that we have better players. And once again cracks will be papered over.

Naisys Tackle

2-1 us.  Penalty or red card in our favor. 

Lose and there's no hope we are ending the season 3rd.  None.

LauderJambo

No confidence, no direction, no fight…St Mirren have all of these at the moment so…sadly I reckon we’ll lose. 
3rd place isn’t going to happen this season. 

St mirren not the best footballing side but they seem to have a fighting spirit, we're toothless and disorganised so I would think that it'll be another loss I'm afraid.

Our management have stuck by their failing model despite so many warning signs which now has us as underdogs against all. But change they must, our players are now shot on confidence for even the most basic tasks.

Clark

Atkinson Hill Rowles Cochrane

Devlin Sibbick

Gino Humphrys Forrest

Shanks

4-2-3-1 get on the front foot, no more "invite the press" crap. Let's have our players as the aggressors.

This is now massive/must win. That has to be the focus for now. Whether 3rd or not big changes are needed, management, coaches, coaching model and we now have a lot of players who need to be moved on, and they won't now be in great demand.

Whether the fans agree or disagree he’s not going to be sacked before Saturday. We have to win this game and somehow get over the line for 3rd. If he loses he should go. We are a point ahead of a team who already sacked their manager. 

Ex member of the SaS

My fear is if Robbie is still in charge and we lose a goal, the crowd will go ape sh!t and the player's heads will drop. we can't afford to be Mr nice guy and the board have some serious work to do, or it will be their heads on the block.

The same mistakes were made with Levein and even though Budge is no longer head honcho she has a big say in keeping her favourite manager.

We need the board to man up and forget the pally pally stuff and act. 

alicante jambo

I think we will win. I think we will win all home games bar against the old firm but feck me we have been murder for ages now just got lucky in a few games but that luck is running out. Not expecting the players or robbie to do any more or less next week i just think we will win cause its at home.

Ex member of the SaS

It is a sad reflection that we have the third best squad in the league and we as fans are afraid of St Midden. After the Aberdeen game we expected a bounce that Robbie and his defensive minded coaches could not achieve. When this happens only a new manager bounce will save the season, wait any longer and it will be too late.

Edited by Ex member of the SaS

We expect a big reaction from the team and management, will we get it? We all know the answer to this question, don’t we.🤔😒

Fozzyonthefence
15 hours ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

Maybe Robbie can call another emergency meeting. Worked so well after the Aberdeen game. 

This is the thing for me.  No reaction from the Celtic cup game to the Aberdeen game and then no reaction from that to the Killie game.  And if you go back to Brora what was the reaction from the players to that in the next game against QOTS?  2-0 down in the first 20 minutes and lost the game.  You hear his interviews and you just can’t imagine him getting that team motivated. 

alicante jambo
1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

This is the thing for me.  No reaction from the Celtic cup game to the Aberdeen game and then no reaction from that to the Killie game.  And if you go back to Brora what was the reaction from the players to that in the next game against QOTS?  2-0 down in the first 20 minutes and lost the game.  You hear his interviews and you just can’t imagine him getting that team motivated. 

You forgot the motherwell game. Was as bad as any mentioned tbh.

Fozzyonthefence
1 hour ago, karipidis said:

Whether the fans agree or disagree he’s not going to be sacked before Saturday. We have to win this game and somehow get over the line for 3rd. If he loses he should go. We are a point ahead of a team who already sacked their manager. 

This is where I’m at, although I’ve got my doubts he would get sacked if we lose, especially if still 3rd. To be honest I’d happily see him leave today but I know it won’t happen.  I think we have more chance of 3rd if he goes but it’s possible he could still get enough out of the home form to stumble over the line.  We ain’t winning another away game if he stays. 

He lost a lost of credit built up with that crazy team selection at home to Rangers and I can’t help wondering if that has been a final straw for some of the players too.  They really look like they’ve chucked it.

Fozzyonthefence
4 minutes ago, alicante jambo said:

You forgot the motherwell game. Was as bad as any mentioned tbh.

No I didn’t forget the Motherwell game and yes it was pathetic too.  But we bounced back with a 3-0 win v St Johnstone, albeit it flattered us and wasn’t a good performance (we seem to be good at not playing well and winning 3-0, or at least we were until recently).  The other games I mentioned there was no bounce back and probably a lot to do with them being followed by away games which we can’t seem to manage. 

gordiegords

We have been waiting for a reaction for weeks now and we aren’t getting it, I think we will win but it’ll probably be an quality individual goal/moment, we won’t dominate and control the game and will have a few scares as per usual nowadays.

grim

Off topic a bit but I'm away to France next week so fortunately can't make the game. I've not got time to get my season ticket over to my son so he can use it for a mate. Has anyone ever scanned a copy of their season ticket at the turnstiles?

alicante jambo
5 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

No I didn’t forget the Motherwell game and yes it was pathetic too.  But we bounced back with a 3-0 win v St Johnstone, albeit it flattered us and wasn’t a good performance (we seem to be good at not playing well and winning 3-0, or at least we were until recently).  The other games I mentioned there was no bounce back and probably a lot to do with them being followed by away games which we can’t seem to manage. 

Fair enough fozzy

You know the apathy that happened under Levein we are rapidly heading that way under Neilson.......I will be there on Sat hoping for a win but really I am getting to the stage where a defeat would not surprise me......It's all very depressing....😡