***Kilmarnock V Heart Of Midlothian Official Match Thread***

Masonic

6 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

Id be more annoyed that Atkinson was taken away for nearly a week and got zero minutes. That’s not on for friendlies IMO. Use him or leave him with us.

to sit and get zero minutes for us ??  

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Pasquale for King

• pettigrewsstylist

• Bazzas right boot

We are better than Kilmarnock but they will be desperate for a win with Dundee Utd and Ross C against the uglies this weekend and it's a great chance for them to pull away from them, we need to be up for the fight regardless of the team selection.....

Come on Hearts we need a win.

3ECE2F2F-5EA9-4CC0-BAE4-D5A38CED90B4.gif

2 minutes ago, jonesy said:

I thought he was far from the worst midfielder at Pittodrie and was surprised to see him taken off.

Thanks to that joke of a ground, I was, however, closer to the fecking beach than the pitch, so could have missed his errors

Think it was that he along with a few others didn't actually do anything, but he just doesn't appear to be very good at football.

Does anyone know if it's e-tickets for tomorrow, or if there will be options to pick up tickets from Kilmarnock or pay at the gate? I'd decided I wasn't going but I'm now tempted.....

Go for it 1308
9 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Do you really?  We’re talking about a guy that thought Kuol and McKay in centre midfield was a good idea against Rangers.  Playing Halliday and Snodrass in the middle would be Pep like genius in comparison to that brainfart. 

Plus he’s played them there before hasn’t he?  So if he’s already stupid enough to have done this before why wouldn’t he do it again?  After all he keeps sending his teams out to away games with a system that isn’t working.  He doesn’t learn from his mistakes. 

Nailed it mate👌 .....are you reading this 'Bob's right boot'?

Ex member of the SaS

Just reading back some posts about Devlin missing games due to concussion, surely it is unwise to fly with concussion, no?

16 hours ago, Rockwell said:

I don't know as not a medical expert by any stretch of the   imagination. but if Devlin has concussion is it wise to sit on a pressurised aircraft for the best part of 24hrs

Just finished typing this and looked up at the screen to see your post! 

16 hours ago, Gorgierools said:

concussion is a minor traumatic brain injury that usually resolves within 10 days. In such cases, flying is usually safe. However, if symptoms persist or worsen, or if there is a skull fracture or brain bleeding, flying should be avoided because it may result in a hemorrhagic stroke or brain cell death.

1 minute ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Just reading back some posts about Devlin missing games due to concussion, surely it is unwise to fly with concussion, no?

Just finished typing this and looked up at the screen to see your post! 

you missed a post about it

upgotheheads
1 hour ago, B4 Part B said:

Does anyone know if it's e-tickets for tomorrow, or if there will be options to pick up tickets from Kilmarnock or pay at the gate? I'd decided I wasn't going but I'm now tempted.....

I have been told by Killie that there will no cash gate. However, it might be worth going to the ticket office because we must have returned quite a few and surely they would not be so daft as to turn away cash paying customers. You could always do what I have done on several occasions- buy a ticket for the home end, find a quiet spot, (there's likely to be a few) and sit quiet. The likelihood is that you won't have much to cheer about anyway.

Edited by upgotheheads

1 hour ago, gar jambo said:

No Excuses a draw no good!  play shankland up top Attack Attack Bob from the start ! 

Attacking Bob from the start ? I usually wait at least 20 minutes or until we’re one down, but I’m in 😂 

lost in space

We will win tomorrow.  We will put in a fighting performance and attack.

Because -

Surely the DoF or Chairperson has "spoken" to Neilson about away performances

Surely even Neilsons lickspittle coaches have grown a pair and had a word

Surely the players have told Neilson "it is not working"

Surely Shankland has told Neilson he has to play as a striker to help his International career

Surely even Neilson must be aware of the mood of many of the fans

Surely even Neilson must be aware of the lack of points won away from home

Surely even Neilson is aware of the stats that show possession does not equal goals

Surely even Neilson is aware that we need to play further up the park

Surely even Neilson must have worked out that we have a better chance of winning if we play ONLY 4 at the back

Surely even Neilson has discovered that he is allowed to make substitutions before the 65th minute

Surely even Neilson has come to the conclusion that McKay should not start away from home

Surely even Neilson must be aware that we need to pass the ball forward in order to progress.

Neilson has had 2 weeks to think about it.  He HAS to make changes and NEEDS a different mindset from the players.  He would have to be a complete April Fool to continue with the team/formation/attitude/mistakes/lack of responsibility.

He may be arrogant and think he is always right - but I dont think he is that stupid - and think we are in for a new approach tomorrow.

HOORAY!!!!

1 hour ago, gar jambo said:

No Excuses a draw no good!  play shankland up top Attack Attack Bob from the start ! 

Aye…but we cannae expect tae win.

Poor record there blah blah blah….. it’s not anyones fault at Hearts if we get beaten tomorrow etc…. ::troll::

But what’s deemed a poor record?

Hearts have won nearly as many times as Killie at Rugby Park in the last 30 years.  

19-18 to Kilmarnock since the early 90s.  

Should Killie be a team with far less victories on their own patch against us?  Probably, but they’ve had some decent sides in the past though. It’s when you lose to struggling sides away from home that grates.  

sandylejambo

Lets hope Lost In Space is correct, if not then he should be told to drive straight to Paisley and pick his personals up on Monday morning.

17 minutes ago, lost in space said:

We will win tomorrow.  We will put in a fighting performance and attack.

Because -

Surely the DoF or Chairperson has "spoken" to Neilson about away performances

Surely even Neilsons lickspittle coaches have grown a pair and had a word

Surely the players have told Neilson "it is not working"

Surely Shankland has told Neilson he has to play as a striker to help his International career

Surely even Neilson must be aware of the mood of many of the fans

Surely even Neilson must be aware of the lack of points won away from home

Surely even Neilson is aware of the stats that show possession does not equal goals

Surely even Neilson is aware that we need to play further up the park

Surely even Neilson must have worked out that we have a better chance of winning if we play ONLY 4 at the back

Surely even Neilson has discovered that he is allowed to make substitutions before the 65th minute

Surely even Neilson has come to the conclusion that McKay should not start away from home

Surely even Neilson must be aware that we need to pass the ball forward in order to progress.

Neilson has had 2 weeks to think about it.  He HAS to make changes and NEEDS a different mindset from the players.  He would have to be a complete April Fool to continue with the team/formation/attitude/mistakes/lack of responsibility.

He may be arrogant and think he is always right - but I dont think he is that stupid - and think we are in for a new approach tomorrow.

HOORAY!!!!

brilliant post!

apart from 

"Surely even Neilson has discovered that he is allowed to make substitutions before the 65th minute" - he substituted Cochrane with Kingsley after 34 minutes in the last game we played

"Surely even Neilson must be aware that we need to pass the ball forward in order to progress." - we've scored 49 goals so far this season - 3rd best in the country - this would suggest the ball moving in a forwardly direction, as far as it can possibly travel.

KyleLafferty

I can take a defeat any time if the players have ran, tackled, fought, and attacked the full game. I can’t take getting beat passing the ball between our back 3 and not even challenging second balls. We need to be aggressive, no more shitebag performances from the players. Get stuck In or leave.

10 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

I can take a defeat any time if the players have ran, tackled, fought, and attacked the full game. I can’t take getting beat passing the ball between our back 3 and not even challenging second balls. We need to be aggressive, no more shitebag performances from the players. Get stuck In or leave.

Surely the players and coaching staff are aware that these insipid half hearted performances have to come to an end starting tomorrow. It’s got to stop NOW and NOT reappear or we’re not finishing 3rd and a rival is getting OUR £5 million. Absolute disaster if that happens from the position we were in 2 months ago.

Lose tomorrow and there is a decision to be made. Stick with him or replace him with Naisy till the end of the season. I’d favour the latter.

Edited by JimmyCant

26 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

goes without saying.

although if every team chose the "players can leave" option after an insipid performance......there'd be a lot of unemployed footballers on the market...

Absolute Scenes

Neilson is in danger of letting our rivals sneak up the table while we plateau. Shankland is our top goals scorer so play him up top. Humphreys is our strongest attacker so play him beside Shankland. Gino is in form so keep him in the team. McKay has been a shadow so get him dropped. Grant has influenced most games he's played in, in a positive way so why is he not starting games. Snodgrass slows our team play down by at least 50% - he has to  be dropped. Hill has been a standout for the wrong reasons in defence - get him dropped. Sibbick has been our msot improved player this season, needs to start. Kingsley been a man down at times, needs to be dropped. 

These are the little things that we as fans notice, therefore you would assume a professional football manager must notice this too. Get the team fired up and get them playing for a convincing win, not a snatch and dash.

Pasquale for King
10 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

You seriously think they knew he had a concussion AND kept playing him ? 

As far as I know, from someone who watched the game, he got a bang on the head first half. the physios came on, did the protocols and all agreed, including Devlin and the referee, that he was fit to carry on. He was then substituted in the 54th minute, not for injury it would appear, but a planned double substitution.

I have no idea when this concussion was diagnosed and who diagnosed it. We’re entitled to ask that question and I imagine we already have.

If we’re not happy with the way he’s been handled we’ll say so, probably privately to the Australian FA. We’re not going to stop Devlin appearing for Australia, that’s completely unfair on Devlin and I dare say he wouldn’t tolerate it anyway.

We do have the right to ask questions. I imagine we’ve already done it and had the answers. Fans can scream

and wail all they want. It’ll have been asked and answered and I wouldn’t expect we’ll be told the outcome, nor should we expect to be told.

Id be more annoyed that Atkinson was taken away for nearly a week and got zero minutes. That’s not on for friendlies IMO. Use him or leave him with us.

No I believe that like many other teams their protocols are not stringent enough, he had a concussion and they didn’t pick it up so thats on them. The player shouldn't be part of the decision as they’re always likely to want to play on, especially when he’s making his debut. 
He played until the 63rd minute so having failed to judge him properly they then didn’t make sure at HT. 

Thankfully we seem to take them more seriously than others. 

You cant stop players playing for their country but clubs have exaggerated injuries to stop players travelling, not that we should do that. 
Don’t think anyone is bothered about Atkinson not playing, hard to criticise them for that when he doesn’t play here either. 
Hopefully the club will have asked what happened and they will get the decision right next time. 

5 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

last 4 games i'm expecting 10-12 points. Should not be getting beat by any of these last 4 fixtures. 

this is my expectation also.

11 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

last 4 games i'm expecting 10-12 points. Should not be getting beat by any of these last 4 fixtures. 

Maximum 6 for me on current form. Aberdeen have a tough run to the split but Hibs will probably go into the split above us if they win the derby. It’s the key game for both clubs

Edited by JimmyCant

Absolute Scenes
Just now, JimmyCant said:

Maximum 6 for me. Aberdeen have a tough run to the split but Hibs will probably go into the split above us if they win the derby. It’s the key game for both clubs

we've probably ridden our luck at some points in derbies this season, but have deserved to win them. This one is key. This could be the derby that decides who goes in at 3rd for the split. We'll then have a home derby to deal with which i always feel more confident about. Massive few weeks for Neilson and the players - this is where we see the true footballing IQ and mentality of our squad come out.

Let's hope the coaching masterplan ( of sitting back  inviting the press ) is abandoned not just for this game but forever, we are not an experiment. Let's play our strongest, to me that includes Devlin and Humphrys, 4 at the back, with players in their positions, get out there on the front foot win our battles and the chances will come. Even in a poor result nothing should be left out on the pitch unlike recent performances.

Absolute Scenes
2 minutes ago, Skacelsid said:

Let's hope the coaching masterplan ( of sitting back  inviting the press ) is abandoned not just for this game but forever, we are not an experiment. Let's play our strongest, to me that includes Devlin and Humphrys, 4 at the back, with players in their positions, get out there on the front foot win our battles and the chances will come. Even in a poor result nothing should be left out on the pitch unlike recent performances.

agree. Devlin is an absolute starter for me. Even when he plays badly, his energy is constant and gives our midfield some amount of presence. Grant and Devlin should both start as well as Humps. Shankland, Gino and Humphreys is our strongest forward line at the moment. No place for Mckay in starting line-up just now, impact sub for me

10 minutes ago, Skacelsid said:

6 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

agree. Devlin is an absolute starter for me. Even when he plays badly, his energy is constant and gives our midfield some amount of presence. Grant and Devlin should both start as well as Humps. Shankland, Gino and Humphreys is our strongest forward line at the moment. No place for Mckay in starting line-up just now, impact sub for me

Devlin is oot.

35 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

No I believe that like many other teams their protocols are not stringent enough, he had a concussion and they didn’t pick it up so thats on them. The player shouldn't be part of the decision as they’re always likely to want to play on, especially when he’s making his debut. 
He played until the 63rd minute so having failed to judge him properly they then didn’t make sure at HT. 

Thankfully we seem to take them more seriously than others. 

You cant stop players playing for their country but clubs have exaggerated injuries to stop players travelling, not that we should do that. 
Don’t think anyone is bothered about Atkinson not playing, hard to criticise them for that when he doesn’t play here either. 
Hopefully the club will have asked what happened and they will get the decision right next time. 

Problem is that it isn’t unusual for concussion symptoms to only appear hours after the injury. You’re right though, they should have erred on the side of caution with a head injury and taken him off, especially given the non competitive nature of the game

Rick Sanchez

I said last week I would drop all the Aussies for this game. I want a team that's been well drilled and well informed over the last fortnight of what they need to do and what is expected to earn a vital 3 points.

Although I think they've all been on holiday unfortunately.

3-4-3 loss incoming. Set piece goal(s) conceded and Robbie out chat with a very dodgy atmosphere for our return to Tynie.

That's what my gut tells me.

55 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Neilson is in danger of letting our rivals sneak up the table while we plateau. Shankland is our top goals scorer so play him up top. Humphreys is our strongest attacker so play him beside Shankland. Gino is in form so keep him in the team. McKay has been a shadow so get him dropped. Grant has influenced most games he's played in, in a positive way so why is he not starting games. Snodgrass slows our team play down by at least 50% - he has to  be dropped. Hill has been a standout for the wrong reasons in defence - get him dropped. Sibbick has been our msot improved player this season, needs to start. Kingsley been a man down at times, needs to be dropped. 

These are the little things that we as fans notice, therefore you would assume a professional football manager must notice this too. Get the team fired up and get them playing for a convincing win, not a snatch and dash.

Absolute sense.

There has to be a reaction and I feel we might just get one.

Killie 1 Hearts 3. 

I must be oaf ma heid.

Pasquale for King
28 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Problem is that it isn’t unusual for concussion symptoms to only appear hours after the injury. You’re right though, they should have erred on the side of caution with a head injury and taken him off, especially given the non competitive nature of the game

Thats all that’s required, he may well have headed the ball after the first knock. Just feels like many sports aren’t taking this seriously enough. 
Not sure he would’ve started tomorrow anyway with all the travelling. 

17 hours ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Ummm no didn’t bother listening to it

will be the usual rubbish from him 

Who do you guys have this weekend?

I do believe you will be flying by the time we visit.

The Old Tolbooth
3 hours ago, jonesy said:

Any advice on best parking spots in Killie for the game?

There's absolutely tons of places to park mate, the stadium is surrounded by housing schemes, you'll be totally fine :thumbsup:

Batistuta87

Late to this thread, but I'm actually feeling quite enthusiastic about us bouncing back this weekend and would go for:

Clark

Atkinson

Sibbick

Neilson

Rowles

Cochrane 

Grant  

Haring

McKay

Gino

Shankland 

I'd try and avoid playing Smith and Snodgrass on the plastic pitch but they can come on if needed, and wouldn't mind seeing Haring back in the team. I'm guessing Grant is starting since he's been doing the press for this one. Neilson's height will be useful at the back against Taylor and Wright and think he deserves a chance in light of Hill's recent escapades. We should be able to keep Jordan Jones quiet enough and to control the game enough from midfield that Nate shouldn't need to worry too much about defending. Different story if Armstrong is on the left in which case we might need Smith to look after him. 

3-1 Hertz. 

Edited by Batistuta87

28 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Thats all that’s required, he may well have headed the ball after the first knock. Just feels like many sports aren’t taking this seriously enough. 

Pretty shite all round. We really could have done with him tomorrow. Feck knows what kind of line up we’ll put out tomorrow. Hopefully a back 4 to start but we know how fixated he is with 3-4-3. Going to cost him his job that inflexibility and unwillingness to adjust and adapt.

Edited by JimmyCant

5 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Late to this thread, but I'm actually feeling quite enthusiastic about us bouncing back this weekend and would go for:

Clark

Atkinson

Sibbick

Neilson

Rowles

Cochrane 

Grant  

Haring

McKay

Gino

Shankland 

I'd try and avoid playing Smith and Snodgrass on the plastic pitch but they can come on if needed, and wouldn't mind seeing Haring back in the team. I'm guessing Grant is starting since he's been doing the press for this one. Neilson's height will be useful at the back against Taylor and Wright and think he deserves a chance in light of Hill's recent escapades. We should be able to keep Jordan Jones quiet enough and to control the game enough from midfield that Nate shouldn't need to worry too much about defending. Different story if Armstrong is on the left in which case we might need Smith to look after him. 

3-1 Hertz. 

Haring??

33 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Maybe we need to bring in HIA temporary subs like rugby has, although certain clubs would just rip the arse out of it.

15 hours ago, feej said:

Halliday and Snodgrass is a terrible pairing as witnessed v st.mirren, nightmare if he opts for that.

Another game where we got away with it. 

Feeling optimistic about this. 

We are by far the better team and individually we are miles ahead.  

Fancy we will see a reaction from the players and manager 

9 minutes ago, Carter said:

Another game where we got away with it. 

Totally, we were honking, one piece of football got us that goal.

Looking for some organisation, passion and belief tomorrow. Need to stand up to their ariel assault.

Edited by feej

Pasquale for King
25 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Pretty shite all round. We really could have done with him tomorrow. Feck knows what kind of line up we’ll put out tomorrow. Hopefully a back 4 to start but we know how fixated he is with 3-4-3. Going to cost him his job that inflexibility and unwillingness to adjust and adapt.

Definitely. Surely he will change tomorrow but nobody will be surprised if he doesn’t. 

Edited by Pasquale for King
Spelling

Pasquale for King
15 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Maybe we need to bring in HIA temporary subs like rugby has, although certain clubs would just rip the arse out of it.

Thats true but from the little evidence it seems to work, Hogg went off early for Scotland and didn’t come back on recently although he looked fine. A longer assessment would undoubtedly help. 

Batistuta87
50 minutes ago, Chimp said:

Haring??

Might as well. Just looking to shake things up a bit in light of the absolute shambles that was Aberdeen and thinking he might play since Robbie has been in the press specifically talking about how he's fit and ready (despite him having been fit and ready for a couple of weeks now). Also thinking about who might suit the game better, who will deal with the opposition press, and who will be better suited playing alongside Grant. 

10 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Might as well. Just looking to shake things up a bit in light of the absolute shambles that was Aberdeen and thinking he might play since Robbie has been in the press specifically talking about how he's fit and ready (despite him having been fit and ready for a couple of weeks now). Also thinking about who might suit the game better, who will deal with the opposition press, and who will be better suited playing alongside Grant. 

He's been out since October with no match fitness whatsoever. He'd be chasing shadows, no chance of him starting IMO and really hope he doesn't.

Batistuta87
1 minute ago, Chimp said:

He's been out since October with no match fitness whatsoever. He'd be chasing shadows, no chance of him starting IMO and really hope he doesn't.

Can't be any worse than Kio and Snodgrass were last time out. 

A_A wehatethehibs

In reality it’s not really about the manager but the players.

Too many individuals have gone off the boil lately having had good spells mid-season.

Yes the manager has overall responsibility but with 9 games left we aren’t going to reinvent the tactical wheel. We have our way of playing and the proof of the pudding is the league table right now. When our players execute it properly we’ve shown we can fillet teams with some top team goals. Look at those goal of the season contenders for the proof. 

Hopefully this is our chance to come back fresh, reset and get back to doing what we’ve done best this season which is score those good team goals

Just don’t feel we have enough quality defenders to firmly shut the door at the back, so we need our top marksmen to step up McKay, Shankland and Ginelly plus Humps and Forrest hopefully able to chip in some shifts.

Fancy us to be involved in more high scoring entertaining games Killie 2 Hearts 3 in this one 

8 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

In reality it’s not really about the manager but the players.

Too many individuals have gone off the boil lately having had good spells mid-season.

Yes the manager has overall responsibility but with 9 games left we aren’t going to reinvent the tactical wheel. We have our way of playing and the proof of the pudding is the league table right now. When our players execute it properly we’ve shown we can fillet teams with some top team goals. Look at those goal of the season contenders for the proof. 

Hopefully this is our chance to come back fresh, reset and get back to doing what we’ve done best this season which is score those good team goals

Just don’t feel we have enough quality defenders to firmly shut the door at the back, so we need our top marksmen to step up McKay, Shankland and Ginelly plus Humps and Forrest hopefully able to chip in some shifts.

Fancy us to be involved in more high scoring entertaining games Killie 2 Hearts 3 in this one 

👍spot on 

Jambo 4 Ever
1 hour ago, Armageddon said:

Who do you guys have this weekend?

I do believe you will be flying by the time we visit.

This patter is getting very boring

I’m as much a hearts fan as anyone else here