***Kilmarnock V Heart Of Midlothian Official Match Thread***

Masonic

4 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

You don’t need to tell me that. I’ve seen it happen hundreds of times in my lifetime across various levels of football. 

It’s nothing new. Only elite managers succeed and sustain high levels from their players for a sustained period of time. 

Wasn’t trying to be pedantic mate just agree with you in a way.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Pasquale for King

• pettigrewsstylist

• Bazzas right boot

20 minutes ago, Malco said:

We needed 9 cup tie performances but never turned up again today!, even with extra man advantage we never looked like drawing never mind winning, once again we lost the tactical and motivation battles that is down to RN, IMO he needs a break from first team management just like when players are off form they get dropped so why not managers?

We now have 3rd place at risk with lost revenues of 5 million on the table do we risk keeping RN or bring in a fresh face for remainder of the season? Naismith who knows current playing staff or Robbo who would excite us just by who he is! 

IMO, RN has been provided with resources and those resources that are available to him despite injuries should provide an expectation that we should be doing better!, we are losing winnable matches!, in other words RN has under delivered consistently  since the world cup break, we have had luck on our side against St Mirren and Dundee United and I thought it was going to happen again today when Killie had their man sent off but RN could not motivate or provide the tactics to even get a draw!, so depressing seeing the heads of the players go down!, the confidence is gone!, the fight is gone! No idea, though I hope that if RN continues for rest of season he finds a way to turn things around despite the 2 weeks since the Aberdeen garbage the same old!.

At the very least we need to look at the options of who can do a better job!, upgrade on RN! it's about Hearts Football Club 2023  and some may not like the idea of removing RN even temporary 5 million to lose is to much of a risk not to do anything!

The fans getting excited isn’t going to do much to help us finish third. 

We start far to many players without legs and that was evident today. Atkinson needs to come in for Michael Smith next week, Cochrane in for Kingsley, Devlin and Halliday in for Snodgrass and Kio. I know Atkinson has not been great this season but he played most of last season and was nowhere near as bad as Michael Smith has been this season. 

2 hours ago, 1874robbo said:

I don’t get it.

could an interim manager really do any worse 

just look at Aberdeen and Motherwell 

they seem to be doing ok the now 

Agree, there's no risk in my opinion. Right now with Neilson driving the bus we are not finishing 3rd.

11 minutes ago, suds66 said:

Agree, there's no risk in my opinion. Right now with Neilson driving the bus we are not finishing 3rd.

Agree.
Another weekend defeat…

I’m just sick of it tbh.

3 hours ago, Captain Sausage said:

Realistically, Neilson will get the remainder of the season. I'd previously said that success was binary for him this season; secure group stage Euro football and it's successful, otherwise it's a failure.

I'm coming round to the place that, even if we somehow stumble into third place this season, Neilson needs to go. I'm not a footballing expert, and I certainly don't get paid a handsome wage to analyse games and set the Hearts team up, but months ago I could see that three at the back wasn't working, as many others could.

It's just not good enough. Given the money we got in summer, our squad should be waltzing to third place, but we are not. Smith, Haring and Snodgrass are over the hill. Kio, Hill, Forrest, Halliday, Atkinson, Ginnelly, and Oda are simply not good enough for us if we want to be moving to the next level.

Genuinely the only players I'd be looking to keep next season:

Clarke, Gordon

Sibbick, Rowles, Cochrane

Devlin, Beni

McKay, Shankland, Humphrys

Recruitment has been piss poor. Man management has been terrible. Tactics have been abysmal. And yet somehow, we are still in third place. 5 of 7 games remaining will be at Tynecastle (4 against non-OF). Given Neilson's record at Tynecastle, it's eminently plausible that we somehow scrape our way to third. It's equally plausible we finish sixth, losing every single match we have left.

The board are extremely conservative, we don't react quickly to things (see Brora or Levein). Therefore we're going to have to suck up whatever comes our way through May. Although I think the next match (St Mirren, home) is our second must-win of the season, after the Hibs cup game. Win (as Aberdeen will also pick up 3 points) and we're still third going into the derby. It's absolutely critical.

Good post. This is where I’m at now. Due to the amount of games at Tynie I still think we’ll just about do it. But there is a serious question for the board to answer even if 3rd is achieved. 

They should be seriously looking at candidates already. 

It is also depressing to think that the squad needs a major rebuild again. 

Bazzas right boot
6 hours ago, Special Agent Dale Cooper said:

Bob Neilson out?

Nah, I can boo and accept poor form without everyone oot !

Need to reverse this tho.

5 hours ago, milky_26 said:

2 points as they are 5 behind us just now

Hearts have 45 points

St Mirren have 41 points

Difference  = 4 points

St Mirren win they get 3 points.

When I was at School 4 - 3 = 1

P Team GP W D L F A GD Pts Form
1 94.png Celtic 29 27 1 1 93 21 72 82
Won 4-1 against St Johnstone Won 4-0 against Aberdeen Won 5-1 against St Mirren Won 3-1 against Hearts Won 3-1 against Hibernian
2 101.png Rangers 30 24 4 2 74 27 47 76
Won 3-0 against Livingston Won 3-1 against Kilmarnock Won 4-1 against Hibernian Won 4-2 against Motherwell Won 2-0 against Dundee Utd
3 98.png Hearts 30 13 6 11 50 45 5 45
Lost 0-2 to Motherwell Won 3-0 against St Johnstone Lost 1-3 to Celtic Lost 0-3 to Aberdeen Lost 1-2 to Kilmarnock
4 93.png Aberdeen 30 14 2 14 47 52 -5 44
Lost 0-4 to Celtic Won 1-0 against Livingston Won 3-1 against Dundee Utd Won 3-0 against Hearts Won 1-0 against St Johnstone
5 102.png St Mirren 30 11 8 11 34 42 -8 41
Won 1-0 against Ross County Drew 1-1 with St Johnstone Lost 1-5 to Celtic Drew 1-1 with Dundee Utd Won 3-0 against Livingston
6 99.png Hibernian 30 12 4 14 46 49 -3 40
Won 2-0 against Kilmarnock Won 4-1 against Livingston Lost 1-4 to Rangers Lost 1-3 to Celtic Lost 1-3 to Motherwell
7 111.png Livingston 30 11 6 13 31 47 -16 39
Lost 0-1 to Aberdeen Lost 1-4 to Hibernian Drew 1-1 with Dundee Utd Won 2-1 against Ross County Lost 0-3 to St Mirren
8 100.png Motherwell 30 9 6 15 39 45 -6 33
Won 2-0 against Hearts Drew 1-1 with Kilmarnock Won 2-0 against Ross County Lost 2-4 to Rangers Won 3-1 against Hibernian
9 115.png St Johnstone 30 9 5 16 33 49 -16 32
Won 2-1 against Dundee Utd Drew 1-1 with St Mirren Lost 0-3 to Hearts Drew 1-1 with Kilmarnock Lost 0-1 to Aberdeen
10 123.png Kilmarnock 30 7 7 16 26 52 -26 28
Lost 0-2 to Hibernian Drew 1-1 with Motherwell Lost 1-3 to Rangers Drew 1-1 with St Johnstone Won 2-1 against Hearts
11 848.png Ross County 29 6 6 17 25 43 -18 24
Lost 1-2 to Rangers Lost 0-1 to St Mirren Won 4-0 against Dundee Utd Lost 0-2 to Motherwell Lost 1-2 to Livingston
12 96.png Dundee Utd 30 5 7 18 30 56 -26 22
Lost 0-4 to Ross County Lost 1-3 to Aberdeen Drew 1-1 with Livingston Drew 1-1 with St Mirren Lost 0-2 to Rangers

1 hour ago, 19/05/2012 said:

We start far to many players without legs and that was evident today. Atkinson needs to come in for Michael Smith next week, Cochrane in for Kingsley, Devlin and Halliday in for Snodgrass and Kio. I know Atkinson has not been great this season but he played most of last season and was nowhere near as bad as Michael Smith has been this season. 

100% this.  Also Kuol to get a run ahead of McKay.

9 minutes ago, Yoda said:

100% this.  Also Kuol to get a run ahead of McKay.

Would really like to see this. Neilson far too quick to turn immediately back to McKay. Kuol deserved a shot. 

Also, although we lost, I felt like Forrest did a lot right. He broke into space, took his man on and tried to make things happen down his side. Not perfect by any stretch, but I thought that he offered a lot more than Ginnelly. 

I think too often Gino reverts to trying to be some sort of budget Sterling in trying to beat players with skills that he is too slow to pull off. Like he slows right down and does those stupid ****ing step overs and by the time he's actually attempted to take it round, the entire team is virtually back flooding the box and there are no options on. Pisses me off every time. He's the fastest player on the pitch and his go to skill is to stop :facepalm: Gareth Bale got to a high level largely just playing kick and chase :D Gino could learn a thing or two by cutting out that crap and just keeping things simple. 

On 18/03/2023 at 19:12, Kev1998 said:

I'll give you his after match response." We never turned up, but we'll look into that and hopefully turn it around. Were still a point in front with a winnable home game to come." Bookmark this.

How many times?

Tommy Brown
5 hours ago, hearts00 said:

Major rebuild is not required.

A good example the now is Motherwell.

You would have backed your house on them getting relegated with Hamill in charge.

They are the best form team outside the OF since SK took over.

Even Aberdeen's head coach change has produced similar.

Ricardo Quaresma
8 hours ago, Captain Sausage said:

Realistically, Neilson will get the remainder of the season. I'd previously said that success was binary for him this season; secure group stage Euro football and it's successful, otherwise it's a failure.

I'm coming round to the place that, even if we somehow stumble into third place this season, Neilson needs to go. I'm not a footballing expert, and I certainly don't get paid a handsome wage to analyse games and set the Hearts team up, but months ago I could see that three at the back wasn't working, as many others could.

It's just not good enough. Given the money we got in summer, our squad should be waltzing to third place, but we are not. Smith, Haring and Snodgrass are over the hill. Kio, Hill, Forrest, Halliday, Atkinson, Ginnelly, and Oda are simply not good enough for us if we want to be moving to the next level.

Genuinely the only players I'd be looking to keep next season:

Clarke, Gordon

Sibbick, Rowles, Cochrane

Devlin, Beni

McKay, Shankland, Humphrys

7 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Impossible to defend players or management for today esp our keeper. Lack of effort, basic skills, nouse, all were on show today.  That’s what happens when you get near the end of the season and the bulk of what’s  fit amongst your team squad know they are leaving.  Big management challenge for next few  games. 

8 hours ago, OTT said:

...He's trying to coach the players to play a system they clearly can't play effectively. When players can't make simple passes, that should be alarm bells that they are overthinking things because they are confused with their role, expectations, or what is being asked of them.

6 hours ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Because they’ve downed tools and don’t believe in the manager.

The player's confidence has taken a hammering; the 'well game, then mhanks double header;  got some respite against fermers, but it was unrealistic to expect to do well against sheep away for many reasons:

They have a popular ex-player as manager; they started to win games after an away defeat and an OF defeat; they knew that, statistically, we need a really good 11 to win there

But we didn't; we haven't had the team we had when we returned after the WC;

What happened before the livi game? All those players out and Shankland missing games too, although he seems to be okay, great vision for the opening goal

We've still got players out of sorts since that livi away game, now their confidence is down, but no giving up should be accepted

We can only get better, it's a fine margin between getting points away from home and getting nothing

We'll have Devlin available for next game, hopefully

Still don't know why Halliday didn't feature in this game, at all

RustyRightPeg
9 hours ago, hearts00 said:

That’s not true. It just needs a competent pair of hands to oversee it.

1 hour ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

The player's confidence has taken a hammering; the 'well game, then mhanks double header;  got some respite against fermers, but it was unrealistic to expect to do well against sheep away for many reasons:

They have a popular ex-player as manager; they started to win games after an away defeat and an OF defeat; they knew that, statistically, we need a really good 11 to win there

What happened before the livi game? All those players out and Shankland missing games too, although he seems to be okay, great vision for the opening goal

We've still got players out of sorts since that livi away game, now their confidence is down, but no giving up should be accepted

We can only get better, it's a fine margin between getting points away from home and getting nothing

Yep, it’s as simple as keeping errors costing us five points at Rugby Park this season. Our keepers have probably gone a long way to keeping Killie in the league. 

Japan Jambo
15 hours ago, alicante jambo said:

Feck off robbie and take half that team with you.

It's the conductor not the orchestra. Done with blaming the players, we can't keep changing them en masse every transfer window. How about putting them in their correct positions, drop folks who aren't performing/playing with heart and give them roles/instructions they understand how to follow?

Go for it 1308
14 hours ago, colinmorewasgash said:

Truthfully how many games this season have we bossed both halves. We are getting worse no energy in team. Players look as if either they know they are leaving or have chucked it as they dont believe in his tactics anymore. Hes just a levein clone away draws if poss win home games but if going gets tough keep it tight hit on break. Last season we played good stuff but was it cause other teams like hobos and sheep were that bad below us. 11 pts chucked away teams with momentum tend to get what they deserve. Robson has them flying thank god fr mwell or it wd be worse. Stmirren flying too come to us nxt week then hobos. Who thinks we will win both or even draw both not at moment. Since split last season by and large we have been garbage to watch for a full 90 mins. Yeah we had some great results v sheep who had chucked it. Hobos both games we were clinical took our chances gd half  in lge game crap 2nd half cup game pretty rank for most off game  but again took our chances. Its now predictable most folk knew we wd struggle today apart from usual suspects but 10 men v one off worse teams in league and they even looked better with 10 than we did with 11. Defensively we have been awful with crossballs all season we needed at least 1 physical head the ball centre back we didnt get one. Even in jan it was obvious we needed one. Same tactics square pegs round holes Snodgrass not tht id play him hes to slow shd be further forward he isnt mobile enough in midfield kio useless grant doesnt look arsed devlin hasn't been same player pete with his head prob beni who has had the longest acl injury in history and still not ready. Gordon whose 40 will prob be bk before him at this rate too. Two spells how many youngsters did he give games too in first team that werent originally there in first team even then he punted most as did daddy levein. Savage as has been said recommends players  its up to bob to decide. Its easy to blame savage he doesnt coach them why do these players look decent early doors then seem to get worse as season goes on. We never look that fit cant handle teams pressing us never come flying out traps,early doors even at home its all slow tepid pass to u to me to u bk to goalie. Folk talk about 4th or 5th or we ll get third we shd be third but last 6 games hve been awful. I wouldn't bet on us 5th at this rate our current form wd be relegation if it was early doors in season. Today 10 men fr 32 mins with 7 mins inj we still cdnt score. Embarrassing

Bravo👏 👏 👏 ...finally someone who  has summed it up in a nutshell.  GTF Bob...and  take your love child Bazza. R. B with you.....there's a good chap

Ex member of the SaS

Was going to go full mental but now ( like the players ) have no heart in it. It's clear Robbie is finished and still we bumble on. This is the result of being fan owned. Managing by committee doesn't work and a single owner would have had him over the coals or dumped by now. Not knocking owning the club but this is a prime example of how it can and has gone wrong.

What other team has two players in the six yard box at " goal kicks"? They get closed down and pass to Kingsley who then has a hump up the park to Shanks who is covered by two defenders. Where the F%^& is our midfield?

Once again Snodgrass get his pocket picked near the half way line and nearly cost us another goal.

Robbie has had the break to get this sorted and once again showed that a bunch of cloggers with fight and desire made us look worse than average.

It's clear the players have no faith in the manager and until he goes we will drop further down the league. Third is already under serious threat, so is his thinking " oh well fourth still gets Europe" ? Sorry but this is not good enough from the third best squad in the league.

Edited by Ex member of the SaS

Noticeable yesterday even in the very short dominant spell we had after taking the lead that a lot of the traits that make us predictable and terrible to watch were present.

Players in a good position to shoot but desperate to offload the ball to someone else. Ginnelly running straight through the middle with the Killie defence turned but stopping to look for someone to pass sideways to. Players taking free-kicks in midfield facing their own goal and passing backwards to a team-mate who has no clue what he’s going to do with the ball.

It looks as if every instinct to be fast, direct and risk-taking has been coached out of this squad - as if it’s somehow beneath us. Awful to watch, easy to play against.

alicante jambo
21 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

It's the conductor not the orchestra. Done with blaming the players, we can't keep changing them en masse every transfer window. How about putting them in their correct positions, drop folks who aren't performing/playing with heart and give them roles/instructions they understand how to follow?

I know mate i hear you 100% but a lot of them players are just not good enough.

10 hours ago, OTT said:

Would really like to see this. Neilson far too quick to turn immediately back to McKay. Kuol deserved a shot. 

Also, although we lost, I felt like Forrest did a lot right. He broke into space, took his man on and tried to make things happen down his side. Not perfect by any stretch, but I thought that he offered a lot more than Ginnelly. 

I think too often Gino reverts to trying to be some sort of budget Sterling in trying to beat players with skills that he is too slow to pull off. Like he slows right down and does those stupid ****ing step overs and by the time he's actually attempted to take it round, the entire team is virtually back flooding the box and there are no options on. Pisses me off every time. He's the fastest player on the pitch and his go to skill is to stop :facepalm: Gareth Bale got to a high level largely just playing kick and chase :D Gino could learn a thing or two by cutting out that crap and just keeping things simple. 

Very much agree. I like Gino, but that does annoy me about him. It’s an irritating aspect to his game. 

There’s times you do have to wait on support if you know you are running up a blind alley, but even when he does that, he’s not releasing it quick enough because she wants to do his step overs. Or, he could actually be getting his head up ,changing direction and pulling players about. Like you say, he’s got the pace and sharpness over a short distance to gain advantage.  

But he stays static and does his circus thing.  Sounds like I’m really scathing, but as I say, I actually really like Gino but if he simplifies his game he’d be even more effective on his good days.  

upgotheheads
54 minutes ago, leginten said:

Noticeable yesterday even in the very short dominant spell we had after taking the lead that a lot of the traits that make us predictable and terrible to watch were present.

Players in a good position to shoot but desperate to offload the ball to someone else. Ginnelly running straight through the middle with the Killie defence turned but stopping to look for someone to pass sideways to. Players taking free-kicks in midfield facing their own goal and passing backwards to a team-mate who has no clue what he’s going to do with the ball.

It looks as if every instinct to be fast, direct and risk-taking has been coached out of this squad - as if it’s somehow beneath us. Awful to watch, easy to play against.

Over-playing in the box is something we have been doing for years under Levein and Neilson, always trying to turn a half chance into a 100 percenter has cost us dear this season, and it's only late in the games that we're losing that players take the initiative. I can think of several games his season when players have just had a go, (Atkinson last time at Killie and Gino at least a couple of time at Tynecastle)have us saved from defeats or draws. We could easily have been six or seven points worse off, which would mean we could have been fighting for a top six place rather than third.

Next week against St.Mirren is now a must win imo.

10 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Over-playing in the box is something we have been doing for years under Levein and Neilson, always trying to turn a half chance into a 100 percenter has cost us dear this season, and it's only late in the games that we're losing that players take the initiative. I can think of several games his season when players have just had a go, (Atkinson last time at Killie and Gino at least a couple of time at Tynecastle)have us saved from defeats or draws. We could easily have been six or seven points worse off, which would mean we could have been fighting for a top six place rather than third.

Next week against St.Mirren is now a must win imo.

That’s an interesting point about trying to turn the half-chances into certainties. You would hope that’s the motivation. Sometimes I fear that it’s not even as positive as that, and that it’s just abdication of responsibility - knowing that retention of possession is somehow of a higher value in this set-up than taking a risk.

LochcarronJambo

I was hoping after the early lead that we might show a bit more control & settle us,it didn’t…..i knew Kilmarnock would launch it, but once again we looked open for long periods, our passing was shocking & apart from Kilmarnock backing off when they went down to ten men we never really looked like we would get back into it….we have not been good away for most of the season, but yesterday was utterly woeful 

Well that was an unacceptable shitshow yesterday. 
I was about to slink out the ground when I noticed the team coming to applaud the fans. I think it’s fair to say that that got my back up. 
Looking at the video Joel Sked put up I looked fairly restrained compared to some of the other reactions!

There was a lot of grumblings of discontent and booing throughout the game. 
I’m not sure how Neilson survives this. There is no well of goodwill for an awful lot of the fans and winning was the only thing keeping the lid on the pot. 
I might not like defeat but I can accept it if I see 100%. The present lack of effort is just not on. 

Reminiscent of the tail end of the promotion season or is that just my imagination?

The squad need a rocket up the rear and a bit of impetus from somewhere. Don’t think the tactics and shape help. Seem stifled and with little press or control in midfield. Being outfought as well as outthought is so frustrating. Decent squad for our league underperforming.

Pasquale for King

I actually couldn’t believe how he set up after they went down to ten men, both FBs looked like they were inverted as opposed to getting width to stretch them, which is usually what teams do when they have a man advantage.

Pasquale for King
34 minutes ago, FJT said:

Reminiscent of the tail end of the promotion season or is that just my imagination?

The squad need a rocket up the rear and a bit of impetus from somewhere. Don’t think the tactics and shape help. Seem stifled and with little press or control in midfield. Being outfought as well as outthought is so frustrating. Decent squad for our league underperforming.

Spot on, also we had a bad dip after winning the league 1st time around and the 1st year back up. We also had a bad spell last season around the same time. Whether teams get used to us or the players stop listening/trying or both, there’s definitely a pattern.

14 hours ago, wavydavy said:

Hearts have 45 points

St Mirren have 41 points

Difference  = 4 points

St Mirren win they get 3 points.

When I was at School 4 - 3 = 1

P Team GP W D L F A GD Pts Form
1 94.png Celtic 29 27 1 1 93 21 72 82
Won 4-1 against St Johnstone Won 4-0 against Aberdeen Won 5-1 against St Mirren Won 3-1 against Hearts Won 3-1 against Hibernian
2 101.png Rangers 30 24 4 2 74 27 47 76
Won 3-0 against Livingston Won 3-1 against Kilmarnock Won 4-1 against Hibernian Won 4-2 against Motherwell Won 2-0 against Dundee Utd
3 98.png Hearts 30 13 6 11 50 45 5 45
Lost 0-2 to Motherwell Won 3-0 against St Johnstone Lost 1-3 to Celtic Lost 0-3 to Aberdeen Lost 1-2 to Kilmarnock
4 93.png Aberdeen 30 14 2 14 47 52 -5 44
Lost 0-4 to Celtic Won 1-0 against Livingston Won 3-1 against Dundee Utd Won 3-0 against Hearts Won 1-0 against St Johnstone
5 102.png St Mirren 30 11 8 11 34 42 -8 41
Won 1-0 against Ross County Drew 1-1 with St Johnstone Lost 1-5 to Celtic Drew 1-1 with Dundee Utd Won 3-0 against Livingston
6 99.png Hibernian 30 12 4 14 46 49 -3 40
Won 2-0 against Kilmarnock Won 4-1 against Livingston Lost 1-4 to Rangers Lost 1-3 to Celtic Lost 1-3 to Motherwell
7 111.png Livingston 30 11 6 13 31 47 -16 39
Lost 0-1 to Aberdeen Lost 1-4 to Hibernian Drew 1-1 with Dundee Utd Won 2-1 against Ross County Lost 0-3 to St Mirren
8 100.png Motherwell 30 9 6 15 39 45 -6 33
Won 2-0 against Hearts Drew 1-1 with Kilmarnock Won 2-0 against Ross County Lost 2-4 to Rangers Won 3-1 against Hibernian
9 115.png St Johnstone 30 9 5 16 33 49 -16 32
Won 2-1 against Dundee Utd Drew 1-1 with St Mirren Lost 0-3 to Hearts Drew 1-1 with Kilmarnock Lost 0-1 to Aberdeen
10 123.png Kilmarnock 30 7 7 16 26 52 -26 28
Lost 0-2 to Hibernian Drew 1-1 with Motherwell Lost 1-3 to Rangers Drew 1-1 with St Johnstone Won 2-1 against Hearts
11 848.png Ross County 29 6 6 17 25 43 -18 24
Lost 1-2 to Rangers Lost 0-1 to St Mirren Won 4-0 against Dundee Utd Lost 0-2 to Motherwell Lost 1-2 to Livingston
12 96.png Dundee Utd 30 5 7 18 30 56 -26 22
Lost 0-4 to Ross County Lost 1-3 to Aberdeen Drew 1-1 with Livingston Drew 1-1 with St Mirren Lost 0-2 to Rangers

sorry i thought you had said hibs

17 hours ago, 19/05/2012 said:

Agree. Need legs in the team and think this is probably best we can do. Possibly also get some game time for Pollock if fit

pettigrewsstylist
9 hours ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Would have liked to have seen Haring get on yesterday, to start to add to options.

He surely has a part to play in run in.

pettigrewsstylist
6 hours ago, leginten said:

That’s an interesting point about trying to turn the half-chances into certainties. You would hope that’s the motivation. Sometimes I fear that it’s not even as positive as that, and that it’s just abdication of responsibility - knowing that retention of possession is somehow of a higher value in this set-up than taking a risk.

Spot on. 100% mgmt driven ethos. Snodgrass refusing to shoot yesterday in first half was perfect example. 

RNs team have a habit of downing tools when they think the job is done, after the split every season, When the league was won twice. Last season we had a few dips in form when we opened up a gap.

Maybe they thought the job was done again and took their eye off the ball. Problem is it's hard to just switch on again.

When you switch off and you have a slow ponderous way of playing, you are ****ed.

It's just an awful habit for a professional organisation to have. 

pettigrewsstylist
8 hours ago, leginten said:

Spot on. Coaching is brutal and destroying a talented squad.

Fozzyonthefence
5 hours ago, jonesy said:

And we scored through Shankland getting forward and getting a shot away. Simple stuff that we pretty much failed to replicate throughout the entire match.

Thanks to a Killie player passing it to him!  We scored a goal without anyone even getting an assist!  He did well but should never have been scoring from there.  A bit like the two Killie goals. 

Pasquale for King
25 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Stuck Humphrys on the wing. After one cut in and shot they simply man marked him out of the game. 

The idea seems to be to overload down the wing when you have an extra man after switching sides quickly, we didn’t look to take advantage of the extra man at all. 

Felt sorry for Humphrey’s and Oda..

Gorgierools
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

The idea seems to be to overload down the wing when you have an extra man after switching sides quickly, we didn’t look to take advantage of the extra man at all. 

Felt sorry for Humphrey’s and Oda..

Did Oda touch the ball? Genuine question!

Pasquale for King
27 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Thanks to a Killie player passing it to him!  We scored a goal without anyone even getting an assist!  He did well but should never have been scoring from there.  A bit like the two Killie goals. 

Having him further up the pitch and when two others were beside him they couldn’t crowd him out. 
The change to a back 4 definitely helped, their two goals came out of nothing also. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Gorgierools said:

Not sure tbh, maybe two times. No need to stay with 4 defenders against 1 slow striker either.  

13 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

Major rebuild is not required.

A good example the now is Motherwell.

You would have backed your house on them getting relegated with Hamill in charge.

They are the best form team outside the OF since SK took over.

Even Aberdeen's head coach change has produced similar.

Totally agree.  We have a better squad than both Aberdeen and Motherwell and I believe we would get a similar bounce from a new Manager.  The players are clearly not happy with the current arrangements.

Barney bulge
1 hour ago, Gorgierools said:

This is an ongoing joke with my mates . 

his debut against Livingston he got 4 touches ( fact) before being hooked at half time he also missed an open goal ( which wasn’t one of his touches because the halfwit missed the ball when easier to score) 

he then wanted 3 touches to get a shot away in the 6 yard box when he received the ball at fir park and ducked that up. 

he came on at parkhead at half time and the first time you realised he was on was when he was going of injured with a sore foot 

and for the record !!!! 

yes he did touch the ball yesterday he passed the ball right out the park with his back to goal under no real pressure and there wasn’t a hearts player within 20 yards  of the direction he put the ball. Which I think was his only touch 

we reckon he’s  celtics Japanese players interpreter. And they have somehow managed to pull a fast one and get him registered to us as a player as some sort of in house joke 

and Neilson Has fell for it hook line and sinker !!!!!! 

pettigrewsstylist
1 hour ago, jonesy said:

True. Still got the shot off though. 

Snodgrass and McKay would pass a penalty. 

And thats why the young headless chickens might just offer something to turn a defence.