***Kilmarnock V Heart Of Midlothian Official Match Thread***

Masonic

pettigrewsstylist
49 minutes ago, Kev1998 said:

I'll give you his after match response." We never turned up, but we'll look into that and hopefully turn it around. Were still a point in front with a winnable home game to come." Bookmark this.

Learning since 1874.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Pasquale for King

• pettigrewsstylist

• Bazzas right boot

3 hours ago, Masonic said:

got 2 weeks to try and sort this mess out on the training ground

hopefully a fresh approach with devlin and kuol starting 

Kuol starting? Get a grip. 

Luckies1874
21 minutes ago, AC Mallin_51 said:

Surely that can’t be right, they’ve drew their last 2 home games and they drew with st mirren not long ago. Sure they lost to livi at home before the World Cup aswell 

It’s right. Click on ‘home’.
6 wins, 5 draws and 3 defeats. 

https://thefishy.co.uk/leaguetable.php?table=10

Edited by Luckies1874

1 hour ago, Luckies1874 said:

Kilmarnock have won 23 of their 25 points at home and have only lost 3 games, 2 of which to the Old Firm.

Eh?

Let’s ‘man up’ and sack this guy …now! He’s taken us as far as he can so why keep him till the end of the season? I actually like Neilson but any goodwill towards him will vanish over the next few weeks as there is NO way the performances will improve dramatically. Given the budget, the players, the support , FOH etc we are being “short changed”….hugely! Than you Robbie but you are well past you “sell by”!

AC Mallin_51
1 minute ago, Luckies1874 said:

Sorry I’ve completely misread the original statement I thought it was being said that they’ve take 23 points at home from their last 25 available (I suppose if I’d done the math I’d see how that isn’t possible) I get it now, so they’ve take 86% of their total points tally at home, yikes and I thought we were poor away 

Luckies1874
1 minute ago, TheOak88 said:

Eh?

Not sure what’s difficult. 

Of Killie’s 25 points, 23 have been won at Rugby Park. They’ve only lost 3, 2 of which were to the Old Firm. 

Not great news when our away form is utterly woeful. 

Just now, Luckies1874 said:

Of Killie’s 25 points, 23 have been won at Rugby Park. They’ve only lost 3, 2 of which were to the Old Firm. 

Missread your point. Yeah Kilmarnock have been atrocious away from home this season. Apart from when they came to Tynecastle in the cup obvi. 

BRING_BACK_MO_BERTHA

Haring, Devlin and Snodgrass in midfield with McKay dropped or we would be as well not turning up

3 hours ago, Masonic said:

They are gone for the next two weeks. Barely back in time for Killie 

1 hour ago, Walter Bishop said:

Get Kuol out the door aswell. Not good enough, we have kids in the academy that are better and more deserving of the game time he has been given. Nothing but a needless distraction he has been. 

:spoton:

We_are_the_Hearts

Wish I hadn’t bought tickets for this now. Watching Jearts away has been pathetic for months. Teams must love playing us. 

2 hours ago, BRING_BACK_MO_BERTHA said:

Haring, Devlin and Snodgrass in midfield with McKay dropped or we would be as well not turning up

Haring Devlin and Grant for me. Is Haring fit though?

15 hours ago, amadjambo said:

Haring Devlin and Grant for me. Is Haring fit though?

haring will need to slowly be brought back 10-15 mins at a time off the bench no chance he will start imo

22 hours ago, jonesy said:

Will wait outside Rugby Park until the team lines are announced. If it’s 3 centre halves and wing backs again there’s very little point in heading in. 

Indeed. We were saying the same

6 hours ago, Masonic said:

haring will need to slowly be brought back 10-15 mins at a time off the bench no chance he will start imo

He really isn’t the answer. I’d rather he didn’t play tbh. It would be sad to see him dragged down and no doubt made a scapegoat . Sadly I don’t see him playing again for us. And IMO now is not the time to Chuck him in

17 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

He really isn’t the answer. I’d rather he didn’t play tbh. It would be sad to see him dragged down and no doubt made a scapegoat . Sadly I don’t see him playing again for us. And IMO now is not the time to Chuck him in

Him and Snodgrass as 2 man midfield?

31 minutes ago, Nik5122 said:

Him and Snodgrass as 2 man midfield?

Snodgrass is fine for me. Just needs midfielders playing beside him 👍🤣

1 minute ago, 1971fozzy said:

Snodgrass is fine for me. Just needs midfielders playing beside him 👍🤣

Correct,2 of them 

3-0 Hearts.  :yas: 

We’re back, just like Robbie’s hair when he returns from Turkey.  😎

Sleepy head

If we win this I'll be surprised. Neilson won't get this team out the slump. This team will have to get us out the slump.

All roads lead to Gorgie

A scrappy 1-1 is how I see it panning out. At the moment that would be a good result. Hopefully some soul searching by the manager and players over the international break will lead to something better because a lot of revenue is at stake here! 

pettigrewsstylist
On 18/03/2023 at 20:10, Luckies1874 said:

Didnt know that. Gulp!

Offer me a point right now, im yours.

pettigrewsstylist
On 18/03/2023 at 20:50, soonbe110 said:

They are gone for the next two weeks. Barely back in time for Killie 

Potentially looking at Rowles and Devlin on bench for Killie then.

I reckon we will want the work done over next 2 weeks to have a chance of impacting Killie game.

Ex member of the SaS

It's amazing how world class a player becomes when out injured. Every one of our injured players are replaceable with the current squad. 

So look at Killie and ask the question how many would get a game for us? Then reverse it and ask how many of our team would play for them.

That makes it clear we have a much superior team and the plastic pitch aside we should be winning this game. A poor team can win but seriously if taking the bigots squads and saying we have no chance against them, then similarly Killie should be saying the same about us. Only the management team can make a mess of this, so lose and that has to be the end for them, no more chances.

Looking at pie and bovril stats posted, we seem to be low down on foul and card count. In theory probably not a bad thing but maybe we have become too “nice” in recent weeks/months. Certainly looks like we lose battles in away games.

1 hour ago, iantjambo said:

Robbie won’t change anything.

1-0 Killie

I think he will change it, ian...

...after we've been predictably awful in the first half, fallen behind and Killie are out of sight.

Let's be fair here, bud. 😁

On 18/03/2023 at 16:56, Masonic said:

Can we not ask for a postponement to give us a month to work with the squad like we had for the world cup? That worked well eh!

3 hours ago, Mort said:

Looking at pie and bovril stats posted, we seem to be low down on foul and card count. In theory probably not a bad thing but maybe we have become too “nice” in recent weeks/months. Certainly looks like we lose battles in away games.

Hardly ever close enough to leave a mark maybe?

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Be surprised if any Australian plays, flying back from Sydney on the Tuesday before 

This one is a certain defeat however we do have 2 winnable home games pre the split and the vermin away

After losing to Brora, Robbie failed to get a reaction and a result next game. You would have to be bat shit crazy to expect one in this game.

been here before
15 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

After losing to Brora, Robbie failed to get a reaction and a result next game. You would have to be bat shit crazy to expect one in this game.

You going to the game Pwincess or sitting this one out for a change?

upgotheheads
On 19/03/2023 at 23:49, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Would rather see Lewis neilson or Darge get a game 

A loss to Kilmarnock alongside another crap performance might put a  serious ? over Neilson's head. Will he have the guts to go with a back four and 4-4-2 (ie more defensively). Kilie are at threat of relegation, which is worse than not being third for them, so they will be all the more determined, but fourth might be the equivalent of relegation for Neilson, and fifth certainly would be.

343 with an initial positivity that tails off. Daft mistake puts us 1 down. Changes to set up on 60 mins. Snatch a 1-1 draw

Our recent results at Rugby Park (last 10) are a mixed bag:

W4  D3  L3

Although we haven’t won there since Feb 2019 (think this was the Uche header?).

This game really has a make or break feel to it. We are at a bit of a crossroads moment in the season. Another poor performance and result will not only damage the league position, it’ll amplify the pressure both in the dressing room and in the fan base.

A good performance and result would on the other hand give the team and fans a huge boost and reinstill some much needed confidence.

This team/management have managed to bounce back after previous poor results/performances. Absolutely imperative they do a week on Saturday.

To help in this regard, ditch the bloody 3-4-3 and play players in their strongest positions. The application and desire of the players - if it matches the opposition - Then who knows, we might actually win a football match! 🤞🏼5E941E11-8E1D-4B23-AAB5-114CBA4C5C84.gif.4f0e896a31c88530c5fca187c3c0a7b9.gif

Luckies1874
6 minutes ago, MattyK82 said:

Our recent results at Rugby Park (last 10) are a mixed bag:

W4  D3  L3

Although we haven’t won there since Feb 2019 (think this was the Uche header?).

This game really has a make or break feel to it. We are at a bit of a crossroads moment in the season. Another poor performance and result will not only damage the league position, it’ll amplify the pressure both in the dressing room and in the fan base.

A good performance and result would on the other hand give the team and fans a huge boost and reinstill some much needed confidence.

This team/management have managed to bounce back after previous poor results/performances. Absolutely imperative they do a week on Saturday.

To help in this regard, ditch the bloody 3-4-3 and play players in their strongest positions. The application and desire of the players - if it matches the opposition - Then who knows, we might actually win a football match! 🤞🏼5E941E11-8E1D-4B23-AAB5-114CBA4C5C84.gif.4f0e896a31c88530c5fca187c3c0a7b9.gif

Huge match. Win and there will be some calm waters and with 2 home games to come, as well as the derby, before the split, things will look a lot rosier. Draw and it's a point on the board but given HIbs and Aberdeen's fixtures (Hibs v Motherwell and St Johnstone v Aberdeen) it would be surprising if at least one of them didn't close the gap further so the pressure increases. Lose again and this place is going to burn to the ground! Neilson is going to be under huge P. 

Fxxx the SPFL

What a feckin doom and gloom thread this is at present. Well all i will say is we will win and the trolls, interlopers etc etc can crawl back into their caves. 

yours faithfully

Lirpa Loof

17 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

we did    we scored 2 against QoTS, unfortunately they scored 3

Rick Sanchez

We need to worried about Ash Taylor, Joe Wright and Doidge. We need to plan accordingly because all they've got is set pieces.

Controversial but I would leave out all the Aussies and get to work on something different during our week off.

Clark

Smith

Sibbick

Kingsley

Cochrane

Kiomourtzoglou

Halliday

Ginnelly

Grant

Humphrys

Shankland

We need as much height and ability at winning headers as we can get. I genuinely don't worry about being cut open, they're extremely shit.

I'd be considering Haring as well, if he's ready.

5 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

We need to worried about Ash Taylor, Joe Wright and Doidge. We need to plan accordingly because all they've got is set pieces.

Controversial but I would leave out all the Aussies and get to work on something different during our week off.

Clark

Smith

Sibbick

Kingsley

Cochrane

Kiomourtzoglou

Halliday

Ginnelly

Grant

Humphrys

Shankland

We need as much height and ability at winning headers as we can get. I genuinely don't worry about being cut open, they're extremely shit.

I'd be considering Haring as well, if he's ready.

Makes a change from Killie fans having to worry about them!

BRAVEHEART1874

433 back to 2021 or so (unfortunately still no upgrade on smith yet) .

Not 343 with 2 so called wing backs who usually can only pass it back anyways :(

3 centrally in the middle with snodgrass further up till he tires trying to find the width from ginelly, mckay / forest upfront with shankland / humphries attacking centrally ( yes robbie attacking up front not half way line ;) )

Who knows  maybe kingsley or smiffy boy may still get up at times supporting down the sides.

Worked before but don't think rowles or sibbick are anywhere near as good playing out from the back  as Halkett or Souttar were. 

Draw based on the fact so many players are off it at the moment - Cochrane, kingsley, hill with Snodgrassand/  Kio still wanting too much time on the ball. Mckay