***Kilmarnock V Heart Of Midlothian Official Match Thread***

Masonic

Ex member of the SaS

Wish I had confidence in this game but I think the pitch will have a huge influence in the result. We really need to be on our best and hopefully no 343.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Pasquale for King

• pettigrewsstylist

• Bazzas right boot

4 hours ago, MattyK82 said:

Our recent results at Rugby Park (last 10) are a mixed bag:

W4  D3  L3

Although we haven’t won there since Feb 2019 (think this was the Uche header?).

This game really has a make or break feel to it. We are at a bit of a crossroads moment in the season. Another poor performance and result will not only damage the league position, it’ll amplify the pressure both in the dressing room and in the fan base.

A good performance and result would on the other hand give the team and fans a huge boost and reinstill some much needed confidence.

This team/management have managed to bounce back after previous poor results/performances. Absolutely imperative they do a week on Saturday.

To help in this regard, ditch the bloody 3-4-3 and play players in their strongest positions. The application and desire of the players - if it matches the opposition - Then who knows, we might actually win a football match! 🤞🏼5E941E11-8E1D-4B23-AAB5-114CBA4C5C84.gif.4f0e896a31c88530c5fca187c3c0a7b9.gif

Yes, you would expect last Saturdays performance to be the wake-up call we probably needed. 

7 hours ago, **** the SPFL said:

What a feckin doom and gloom thread this is at present. Well all i will say is we will win and the trolls, interlopers etc etc can crawl back into their caves. 

yours faithfully

Lirpa Loof

🤣 ... the perfect date for jesting.

Seriously, though, we're due one of these weekends whereby all results fall in our favour. So, with nothing less than total optimism, I'll toddle through to Rugby Park and hope that my journey home is filled with more joy than recent away sojournes.

My, ahem, fantasy football predictions are:-

Saturday:

H1b5 1 - 1 Motherwell

Killie 1 - 3 Hearts

Rangers 2 - 0 Dundee United

St Johnstone 1 - 1 Aberdeen

St Mirren 1 - 2 Livingston

Sunday:

Ross Co 1 - 4 Celtic

Should that come to pass:-

1. Celtic -85

2. Rangers - 76

3. Hearts - 48

4. Aberdeen - 42

5. Livingston - 42

6. H1b5 - 40

7. St Mirren - 38

8. St Johnstone - 33

9. Motherwell - 31

10. Kilmarnock - 25

11. Ross County - 24

12. Dundee United - 22

Time now to happy clap myself into slumberland. Sweet dreams folks. 😜

Edited by Wee Mikey

LochcarronJambo
12 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Seriously, though, we're due one of these weekends whereby all results fall in our favour. So, with nothing less than total optimism, I'll toddle through to Rugby Park and hope that my journey home is filled with more joy than recent away sojournes.

Saturday:

H1b5 1 - 1 Motherwell

Killie 1 - 3 Hearts

Sunday:

Ross Co 1 - 4 Celtic

1. Celtic -85

2. Rangers - 76

3. Hearts - 48

4. Aberdeen - 42

5. Livingston - 42

6. H1b5 - 40

7. St Mirren - 38

8. St Johnstone - 33

9. Motherwell - 31

10. Kilmarnock - 25

11. Ross County - 24

12. Dundee United - 22

Be well happy if you are right 👍

7 hours ago, Swanny17 said:

Clark

Smith

Sibbick

Rowles

Cochrane

Devlin

Grant

Snodgrass

Gino

Shanks

Humps

I would play the same team apart from I'd bring in Atkinson for Smith.

pettigrewsstylist

With all the aftermath of Pittodrie, Hills wee exchange and subsequent social media apology, Shanklands interview, media chat of talks, formation scrutiny etc, i wouldnt be overly surprised to see intl players not make starting 11 at Killie. 

Potentially focus on players who where on trg pitch this week and next.

Just a hunch 

17 hours ago, Swanny17 said:

Clark

Smith

Sibbick

Rowles

Cochrane

Devlin

Grant

Snodgrass

Gino

Shanks

Humps

That team is pleasing on the eye (you could maybe argue about the full backs)Playing our best 3 midfielder's in midfield 😍 would give most supporters a lift.But Robbie may find that line up going against all his footballing philosophies.

17 hours ago, Swanny17 said:

Clark

Smith

Sibbick

Rowles

Cochrane

Devlin

Grant

Snodgrass

Gino

Shanks

Humps

I think this is the logical line up that many would also suggest.

If we stick to the what's become the norm regarding formation and tactics a victory is unlikely and that should be the target. We do not believe in it and it appears neither do our players although Derek Mcinnes would probably be rubbing his hands. If our coaches wish to follow their dream they should do so elsewhere, but that will not be at  anywhere  near this level. They maybe have coaching badges but are not footballing coaches. IMO of course.

The Old Tolbooth

Killie are absolute dogshit, but they'll be rubbing their hands at the prospect of playing us next, for sure! 

pettigrewsstylist
2 hours ago, Skacelsid said:

If we stick to the what's become the norm regarding formation and tactics a victory is unlikely and that should be the target. We do not believe in it and it appears neither do our players although Derek Mcinnes would probably be rubbing his hands. If our coaches wish to follow their dream they should do so elsewhere, but that will not be at  anywhere  near this level. They maybe have coaching badges but are not footballing coaches. IMO of course.

Starting to look that way.

I've just copy and pasted the below from the Aberdeen Match Fred. It will still 100% apply (I've added in the final important line).

We'll play Snodgrass 2 yards ahead of Sibbick.

We'll play Shankland 2 yards ahead of Snodgrass.

We'll pass it about 7000 times around the back then kick it out for a Killie throw, 20 yards into our half.

We'll be slow.

We'll makes passes that take 3 minutes to get to the intended player.

We'll make passes that go behind the intended player.

We'll make sure Clark is in the top 3 players to take a touch from our squad.

We'll play absolutely dreadful stuff but then hear after the game "I thought we were magnificent today".

We'll have Robbie standing into a head wind so his new hair can float.

Edited by Armageddon

34 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

I've just copy and pasted the below from the Aberdeen Match Fred. It will still 100% apply (I've added in the final important line).

We'll pass it about 7000 times around the back then kick it out for a Killie throw, 20 yards into our half.

We'll be slow.

We'll play absolutely dreadful stuff but then hear after the game "I thought we were magnificent today".

We'll lose a goal and they will all stand and point.

In all seriousness I'm hoping we'll see a massive improvement both in attitude and performance and get a win.

54 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

We'll be slow.

We will let two dozen crosses into our box in the first 15 mins.

We will have 9 behind the ball and still no make a tackle 

McKay will be worse than playing with ten men but still last 90 mins

5 hours ago, Armageddon said:

We'll be slow.

You've been attending too many away games for the good of your health.  Spot on by the way.

22 hours ago, LochcarronJambo said:

Be well happy if you are right 👍

I've been right before ... but not very often.

This match really could go either way, but I'm hoping that a(nother) hoodoo venue will be exorcised.

There's not much worse than a long trip home after a defeat, and there have been too many this season (although you'll know all about that better than most). 😁

One of my worst was away to Ayr in a cup game that ended in penalties ... and we didn't score even one!!!

Being a Hearts supporter?

Why do we do it?

☝️ Rhetorical question. 😎

❤️❤️G❤️

LochcarronJambo
2 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

I've been right before ... but not very often.

This match really could go either way, but I'm hoping that a(nother) hoodoo venue will be exorcised.

There's not much worse than a long trip home after a defeat, and there have been too many this season (although you'll know all about that better than most). 😁

One of my worst was away to Ayr in a cup game that ended in penalties ... and we didn't score even one!!!

Being a Hearts supporter?

Why do we do it?

☝️ Rhetorical question. 😎

❤️❤️G❤️

I know mate, when you drive home for hours on end after a defeat its a real bummer, i am in my 65th year now & find the travelling getting to be a wee bit tough noo , but i cannot stop going to see Hearts as its been my life & also going to see Scotland I love both very much, although the cost of travel is just so much these days I have missed quite a number of Hearts away games this season….mind you most games are like an away game tae me 😂… i will be at Hampden Saturday & Tuesday but won’t make rugby park on the following Saturday…anyway be hoping big time you are right 👍

this game is a loss we all know that with poodle stealing a wage for messing up yet again he needs to go

23 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

Saturday:

H1b5 1 - 1 Motherwell

Killie 1 - 3 Hearts

Sunday:

Ross Co 1 - 4 Celtic

1. Celtic -85

2. Rangers - 76

3. Hearts - 48

4. Aberdeen - 42

5. Livingston - 42

6. H1b5 - 40

7. St Mirren - 38

8. St Johnstone - 33

9. Motherwell - 31

10. Kilmarnock - 25

11. Ross County - 24

12. Dundee United - 22

that would be perfect

buzzbomb1958
On 21/03/2023 at 15:54, Ex member of the SaS said:

Wish I had confidence in this game but I think the pitch will have a huge influence in the result. We really need to be on our best and hopefully no 343.

It will be 343 he can’t help himself, sorry can’t see us getting a result here , I’ve lost all confidence 

ArcticJambo
1 hour ago, LochcarronJambo said:

I know mate, when you drive home for hours on end after a defeat its a real bummer, i am in my 65th year now & find the travelling getting to be a wee bit tough noo , but i cannot stop going to see Hearts as its been my life & also going to see Scotland I love both very much, although the cost of travel is just so much these days I have missed quite a number of Hearts away games this season….mind you most games are like an away game tae me 😂… i will be at Hampden Saturday & Tuesday but won’t make rugby park on the following Saturday…anyway be hoping big time you are right 👍

You do live in the middle of nowhere tbf. cool dam, mind.

Think we need players in there real positions this game and hardworking players in the middle of the park. I would go:

Clark

Atkinson Sibbick Rowles Cochrane

Grant Devlin Halliday

Forrest Shankland McKay

Wouldnt start McKay given his recent form but we dont really have anyone else who can play on the left. Would only drop Ginelly as we need Shankland up top and he is usually poor when played wide.

ArcticJambo
13 minutes ago, 19/05/2012 said:

Think we need players in there real positions this game and hardworking players in the middle of the park. I would go:

Clark

Atkinson Sibbick Rowles Cochrane

Grant Devlin Halliday

Forrest Shankland McKay

Wouldnt start McKay given his recent form but we dont really have anyone else who can play on the left. Would only drop Ginelly as we need Shankland up top and he is usually poor when played wide.

Smallest team ever, they'd scud us!

Pasquale for King
22 hours ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

With all the aftermath of Pittodrie, Hills wee exchange and subsequent social media apology, Shanklands interview, media chat of talks, formation scrutiny etc, i wouldnt be overly surprised to see intl players not make starting 11 at Killie. 

Potentially focus on players who where on trg pitch this week and next.

Just a hunch 

The Aussies will be knackered after the flights there, around Oz for the two games and back in training maybe the day before the game. 
Hope Clark plays though 😜

Pasquale for King
28 minutes ago, ArcticJambo said:

Fair point, maybe need Kio and or Toby in midfield if we play a 4 at the back. Or even with a 3, definitely a game for our bigger players. 

42 minutes ago, ArcticJambo said:

Playing tall players has worked for us recently with Smith and Kingsley being outjumped by Kyogo? Can’t just play Kio and the likes just because they are tall we need to play on the front foot and win the game not worry about opposition 

ArcticJambo
6 hours ago, 19/05/2012 said:

Playing tall players has worked for us recently with Smith and Kingsley being outjumped by Kyogo? Can’t just play Kio and the likes just because they are tall we need to play on the front foot and win the game not worry about opposition 

I don't disagree on the whole, I'm also in the camp of mainly worrying about how we play, however you always have to be conscious of what the opposition have. I don't see AC or NA, or indeed KR as particularly strong at set-pieces. BM, nor CD, nor even AH as particularly on form.  AF looked okay when he came on but give him successive games and who knows. I agree with a flat back four just not those particularly.

It's a bit of a mess really, the whole team set-up (not yours) but what RN has created of late. Hope he sorts it out pronto!

pettigrewsstylist

Block Snodgrass, target our RB area, try to get set plays into box and movement to get onto end of them. Be prepared to flood midfield when transitioning to possession. 

Opposition plan will be pretty simple based on what they have observed.

What will we do to derail those plans is the question.

More of the same will see us in bother.

ArcticJambo
21 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Block Snodgrass, target our RB area, try to get set plays into box and movement to get onto end of them. Be prepared to flood midfield when transitioning to possession. 

Opposition plan will be pretty simple based on what they have observed.

What will we do to derail those plans is the question.

More of the same will see us in bother.

I don't disagree about the right side being weak but imo we've conceded more goals, and chances in general down our left. Might be wrong, would love to see some stats on this tbqh.

LochcarronJambo
10 hours ago, ArcticJambo said:

You do live in the middle of nowhere tbf. cool dam, mind.

Cheers but i think you referring to Carron Dam….Lochcarron is in the Highlands 👍

ArcticJambo
7 minutes ago, LochcarronJambo said:

Cheers but i think you referring to Carron Dam….Lochcarron is in the Highlands 👍

:lol: right enough, a fake 'loch', created by a dam.  While I stick by my comment about isolation, though Carron dam is probabaly more middle of nowhere, you're not far off that!  Absolutely beautiful part of the country you live in, must bring a smile to your face when you see it all again, next morning! :D

Some hike that to see the Famous.

LochcarronJambo
1 minute ago, ArcticJambo said:

:lol: right enough, a fake 'loch', created by a dam.  While I stick by my comment about isolation, though Carron dam is probabaly more middle of nowhere, you're not far off that!  Absolutely beautiful part of the country you live in, must bring a smile to your face when you see it all again, next morning! :D

Some hike that to see the Famous.

ha ha cheers buddy 👍

Captain Holt

Got to line up with something that gives us 3 in the middle in the park, think the presence of humprhys could help us compete early on if fit so would look to start him but if not fit then has to be forrest, hoping for a 433 that looks something like

Clark

Smith     Sibbick     Rowles    Cochrane

Kio

Grant    Devlin

Gino                           Forrest/Humprhys

Shankland

But i expect this from neilson on the day

Clark

Hill   Sibbick   Rowles

Smith                                         Kingsley

Kio      Snoddgrass

Shankland                         Mckay

Gino

58 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

What’s the reaction gonna be like if we are beaten at Killie?

The fans will go ballistic !

I'm really trying not to think about a defeat...

Not good for the heath.

upgotheheads
On 25/03/2023 at 15:44, Captain Holt said:

Got to line up with something that gives us 3 in the middle in the park, think the presence of humprhys could help us compete early on if fit so would look to start him but if not fit then has to be forrest, hoping for a 433 that looks something like

Clark

Smith     Sibbick     Rowles    Cochrane

Kio

Grant    Devlin

Gino                           Forrest/Humprhys

Shankland

But i expect this from neilson on the day

Clark

Hill   Sibbick   Rowles

Smith                                         Kingsley

Kio      Snoddgrass

Shankland                         Mckay

Gino

Clark

Smith    Sibbick     Rowles    Kingsley 

Forrest   Grant  Devlin    Halliday

Gino    Shankland

If we start with a  back three and get beaten again then we and Neilson will be in serious danger of not making top three and maybe not even top four.

MacKay should be sitting on the bench for away games and used mostly at Tynecastle where his skills work  better on tight pitches and the grass at Tynecastle. Ditto Snodgrass. This will be a game for hard work and battlers.

Sub4TiddlerMurray

After watching Scotland thump Spain (and reflecting on @Lord Beni of Gorgie’s excellent thread) I wish Hearts would set up 434 at home and 541 in every away match. We have the players to break quickly and score as Scotland did and we desperately need to tighten up away from home.

Also, get Devlin settled again in our midfield engine room!

sandylejambo

I have a good feeling that we have seen the end of three at the back, If not we may see the end of Neilson, but not until the end of the season. Mon the Hearts, give us some energy and commitment. 1-3 Shanks (2) and Snodgrass.

1 hour ago, upgotheheads said:

Clark

Smith    Sibbick     Rowles    Kingsley 

Forrest   Grant  Devlin    Halliday

Gino    Shankland

If we start with a  back three and get beaten again then we and Neilson will be in serious danger of not making top three and maybe not even top four.

MacKay should be sitting on the bench for away games and used mostly at Tynecastle where his skills work  better on tight pitches and the grass at Tynecastle. Ditto Snodgrass. This will be a game for hard work and battlers.

Four-four-two? Has a certain olde worlde charm!

David Sharp

Time to get rid of the tiki taka football style. Only suited to very very good players. OK for the likes of Man City but not us. Our players are not skilled enough to carry it out effectively. Get back to playing to our strengths, more tempo and getting the ball forward more quickly. Hassle and harry. No players like that, good or mediocre. 4 at the back and a much needed extra man in midfield.

1 hour ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

After watching Scotland thump Spain (and reflecting on @Lord Beni of Gorgie’s excellent thread) I wish Hearts would set up 434 at home and 541 in every away match. We have the players to break quickly and score as Scotland did and we desperately need to tighten up away from home.

Also, get Devlin settled again in our midfield engine room!

The extra man will work in home games for sure.  Or are you suggesting we don’t need a keeper at home? Might be risky. 😂😂😂😂

upgotheheads
52 minutes ago, sirwalter said:

Four-four-two? Has a certain olde worlde charm!

I remember when we ditched the traditional GK/ LB/ RB/ RHB/ CB/ LHB/LW/IL/CF/IR/RW in the 1960's, and went all continental.

And if you don't know what I'm talking about you must be under sixty.