***Kilmarnock V Heart Of Midlothian Official Match Thread***

Masonic

KyleLafferty

Devlin out with a concussion however he played on in the oz game? I seriously think hearts are one of the only clubs that take concussion seriously as I never hear any other club dealing with it as much as we do.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Pasquale for King

• pettigrewsstylist

• Bazzas right boot

14 minutes ago, gorgierulesapply88 said:

Devlin out with concussion.

Start Bobby Mcluckie.

Don't pay a huge amount of attention to our youth team, but he seems to have 7 goals and 11 assists as a LB in the B team at 16? 

Thats really impressive. I hope we can see him integrated into the team over the coming seasons. Stats wise he sounds like a wingback. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

All smiles, good to see, they looked a bit depressed getting back on the bus in Aberdeen, here's hoping its a better trip home from Kilmarnock

21 minutes ago, MattyK82 said:

He seems to understand the issues, but fixing them is another matter. The big one for me is how we start games. We cannot afford to start nigh on every game on the back foot. It allows the other team to settle and find their rhythm before us and invariably that leads to errors and early goals. If we can start the Killie game much more assertively that would be a good sign that there is actual improvement going on behind the scenes. 

I liked how we started the St Johnstone game up at Perth, we were aggressive from the off and very quickly took control of the game. It was disappointing we couldn't sustain it, but regardless that is the bench mark IMO. 

Just now, OTT said:

He seems to understand the issues, but fixing them is another matter. The big one for me is how we start games. We cannot afford to start nigh on every game on the back foot. It allows the other team to settle and find their rhythm before us and invariably that leads to errors and early goals. If we can start the Killie game much more assertively that would be a good sign that there is actual improvement going on behind the scenes. 

I liked how we started the St Johnstone game up at Perth, we were aggressive from the off and very quickly took control of the game. It was disappointing we couldn't sustain it, but regardless that is the bench mark IMO. 

All I hear is blah blah blah blah….

3 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Been ok at their gaff , they had a thing about winning at Tynecastle,  hopefully that's stopped now we beat them at home this season.

That seems to have lasted for years, including them suddenly having a penchant for scoring wordly 40 yarders against us. Annoying bloody team. 

2 hours ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Can't understand this historical fear of teams / locations. We have a far better squad than we have had for a long time now, and although the rest have improved ,they have not done so to our extent. Forget the past and play like we want to win. There are no bogey teams just what is in front of you now.

There's plenty of psychology in football or bogey teams wouldn't exist. Are you a proponent of the "belief" approach being what we miss against the old firm, incidentally? 

5 minutes ago, OTT said:

Precisely. Talk is cheap.

March was generally a 💩 show. I appreciate we had a hard run of fixtures including Celtic twice in 4 days. 

But the majority of players and coaching team have had 2 weeks to regroup, have an honest chat about what’s been going wrong (set up, players out of position, attitude) and work on these issues on the training pitch. 

The St Johnstone away game in the first half in particular was terrific. That sort of organisation, desire and high tempo is what we need right from the off on Saturday. Coupled with better defending from set plays, which has been a problem all season. 

Season defining period coming up. Let’s av it 🇱🇻

A quote from Robbie in the EEN:

”Kilmarnock is always difficult. You need your experienced boys who know the game and who will do the hard yards for you. We are going there looking for three points.”

With Devlin out and the tactic of Snoddy playing deep in a 2 man MF long having been sussed by opposition managers, surely to 🦆 we will see something different in how we set up on Saturday 🙏🏼 

3 minutes ago, MattyK82 said:

A quote from Robbie in the EEN:

”Kilmarnock is always difficult. You need your experienced boys who know the game and who will do the hard yards for you. We are going there looking for three points.”

With Devlin out and the tactic of Snoddy playing deep in a 2 man MF long having been sussed by opposition managers, surely to 🦆 we will see something different in how we set up on Saturday 🙏🏼 

Completely agree. Objectively Robbie needs to look at the formation as its not delivered the desired results away from home. within the system there are limited changed, but if he changes things to a 3 man midfield, suddenly Snodgrass has Kio and Grant as options and we have forward balls via Grant with Shankland able to operate in the box rather than 30 yards deep due to the issues the system we play causes. 

I'm not saying 343 needs scrapped, just away from home it requires a different approach as the evidence this season is that we struggle with this system away from home. 

I do accept that the system is only part of the issue, you can put out any system but if the bit you've put in bold doesn't happen, then we're on a hiding to nothing. Players NEED to step up here and get the win regardless. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
23 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

All I hear is blah blah blah blah….

Possibly the most ironic post ever, takes some doing but well achieved, congratulations

Pasquale for King
5 hours ago, Stewart MacD said:

I didn't see the incident, but I don't think Cammy's injury's one for the concussion rule. Any confirmation out there?

🤦🏽

47A0C3A2-AEFA-4AA0-8A8A-CC1AC580D8FE.jpeg

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, OTT said:

Completely agree. Objectively Robbie needs to look at the formation as its not delivered the desired results away from home. within the system there are limited changed, but if he changes things to a 3 man midfield, suddenly Snodgrass has Kio and Grant as options and we have forward balls via Grant with Shankland able to operate in the box rather than 30 yards deep due to the issues the system we play causes. 

I'm not saying 343 needs scrapped, just away from home it requires a different approach as the evidence this season is that we struggle with this system away from home. 

I do accept that the system is only part of the issue, you can put out any system but if the bit you've put in bold doesn't happen, then we're on a hiding to nothing. Players NEED to step up here and get the win regardless. 

All I ask, 2 things, we make tackles, we have stopped making tackles, and we move the ball quicker going forwards

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, OTT said:

I’m not sure replacing McKay with Grant will make that much of difference, unless the tempo and application are much better than the last few away games. 

concussion is not a joke some people dont have a clue. back in 2001 a family friend got hit with an ashtray at the weekend then a few days later we went to old trafford and the next day he died with delayed concussion better to be safe than sorry

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

I’m not sure replacing McKay with Grant will make that much of difference, unless the tempo and application are much better than the last few away games. 

I wasn't suggesting that, I was pushing for a 433 instead, we could still have McKay in the team in his preferred position of LW with Grant as an attacking mid to link our forwards with midfield. Snodgrass and Kio as more of sitting midfielders. 

Although, I wouldn't be sad to see McKay on the bench. He's been guff lately. With Kuol back having scored his first international goal, I would love to see Robbie try and use that momentum and give him a start and see if Kuol can deliver what we all want to see. We all know his pace causes teams issues and he looks uncomfortable to defend against (pacey and slight so can't be overly physical as he will draw fouls in dangerous areas). 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
6 minutes ago, Masonic said:

concussion is not a joke some people dont have a clue. back in 2001 a family friend got hit with an ashtray at the weekend then a few days later we went to old trafford and the next day he died with delayed concussion better to be safe than sorry

Big campaign over the Euro qualifiers, if in doubt sit it out. Cant be taking selfish risks with peoples health

15 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Possibly the most ironic post ever, takes some doing but well achieved, congratulations

Don’t like it you know what to do 😉

Pasquale for King

So Cammy has blood pouring out a knock to his head 1st half, they patch him up and let him play on for 20 minutes of the 2nd half and hes concussed. In a friendly, arseholes. 
Imagine if he had done that with Mooy or Souttar. 

40 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Wonder how many times he said “to be honest with you”

Won’t be as many times as you say mate or umm 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Don’t like it you know what to do 😉

Blah blah blah blah

Pasquale for King
9 minutes ago, OTT said:

I wasn't suggesting that, I was pushing for a 433 instead, we could still have McKay in the team in his preferred position of LW with Grant as an attacking mid to link our forwards with midfield. Snodgrass and Kio as more of sitting midfielders. 

Although, I wouldn't be sad to see McKay on the bench. He's been guff lately. With Kuol back having scored his first international goal, I would love to see Robbie try and use that momentum and give him a start and see if Kuol can deliver what we all want to see. We all know his pace causes teams issues and he looks uncomfortable to defend against (pacey and slight so can't be overly physical as he will draw fouls in dangerous areas). 

Still a bit slow with those two as Aberdeen proved but not sure we have much else really, unless Toby moved forward. 
After all the flights the Aussies that are back tomorrow might not be ready to play on their pitch. 
Humphreys played well there last time so he might sneak in somewhere in a 433. 

Bazzas right boot
42 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

That seems to have lasted for years, including them suddenly having a penchant for scoring wordly 40 yarders against us. Annoying bloody team. 

There's plenty of psychology in football or bogey teams wouldn't exist. Are you a proponent of the "belief" approach being what we miss against the old firm, incidentally? 

It also gives context.

Some folk completely ignore that and because we got in the euro groups stage once after promotion, some think we have a squad capable of beating everyone home and away and challenging the OF.

3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Still a bit slow with those two as Aberdeen proved but not sure we have much else really, unless Toby moved forward. 
After all the flights the Aussies that are back tomorrow might not be ready to play on their pitch. 
Humphreys played well there last time so he might sneak in somewhere in a 433. 

Yeah fair points, I don't like Shankland and Humps together, I think we play poorer when they start together. Although, I think Humps seems to really add something late on in games. I think we're really seeing how important Beni is to how we play. Hopefully he'll be back before the end of the season. 

3 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

It also gives context.

Some folk completely ignore that and because we got in the euro groups stage once after promotion, some think we have a squad capable of beating everyone home and away and challenging the OF.

Quick questions here since I’m really thick.

who is responsible for our away results?

How can Neilson fix that?

Pasquale for King
22 minutes ago, Masonic said:

Exactly, sorry to hear that.

I think football and other sports are still taking unnecessary chances with players health. Thankfully we seem to be much more careful than most. 

Malinga the Swinga
7 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

School out….

Pretty sure, after you predicted a signing last transfer window that unsurprisingly was utter made up garbage to pretend you were ITK, that you promised never to logon here again. 

Why are you still here?

Malinga the Swinga
Just now, Agentjambo said:

Quick questions here since I’m really thick.

At least you have identified the main problem. Now go away and try to learn how to be smarter.

1 minute ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Pretty sure, after you predicted a signing last transfer window that unsurprisingly was utter made up garbage to pretend you were ITK, that you promised never to logon here again. 

Why are you still here?

What was the signing again?

I love it on here so why not return?

Bazzas right boot
55 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Wonder how many times he said “to be honest with you”

Did you reach two then lose count?

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, OTT said:

Yeah fair points, I don't like Shankland and Humps together, I think we play poorer when they start together. Although, I think Humps seems to really add something late on in games. I think we're really seeing how important Beni is to how we play. Hopefully he'll be back before the end of the season. 

Yeah they don’t combine well, Humphreys is a bit of a maverick really that likes to roam about, he might be better just off Shankland as hes good at running with the ball. 
Beni definitely a huge miss.

Just now, Bazzas right boot said:

Did you reach two then lose count?

I’m sure the amount of sarcasm and name calling starting to accumulate on here from certain posters is a deflection technique as they don’t have credible answers to the questions asked or don’t want to admit what they already know.

On 29/03/2023 at 13:33, upgotheheads said:

I remember when we ditched the traditional GK/ LB/ RB/ RHB/ CB/ LHB/LW/IL/CF/IR/RW in the 1960's, and went all continental.

And if you don't know what I'm talking about you must be under sixty.

I wish. I remember when Hearts adopted a 4-3-3 in the late sixties and numbered the players 2 3 4 5 / 6 7 8 / 9 10 11. May well have been a Jock Wallace innovation.

The Treasurer
2 hours ago, KyleLafferty said:

Devlin out with a concussion however he played on in the oz game? I seriously think hearts are one of the only clubs that take concussion seriously as I never hear any other club dealing with it as much as we do.

If he was allowed to play on with concussion then Hearts should be asking some serious questions of the Aussie FA

Selkirkhmfc1874
5 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

If he was allowed to play on with concussion then Hearts should be asking some serious questions of the Aussie FA

This !

john thomas
9 minutes ago, sirwalter said:

I wish. I remember when Hearts adopted a 4-3-3 in the late sixties and numbered the players 2 3 4 5 / 6 7 8 / 9 10 11. May well have been a Jock Wallace innovation.

4 2 4 was the trend early to mid sixties . Helenio Herrera was the great guru . Think Willie Waddell went over to Italy to watch him coach .

Actually struggling to remember Hearts manager who adopted this system?

15 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

I’m sure the amount of sarcasm and name calling starting to accumulate on here from certain posters is a deflection technique as they don’t have credible answers to the questions asked or don’t want to admit what they already know.

Wow….no insults for a whole 14+ minutes.

I don't know as not a medical expert by any stretch of the   imagination. but if Devlin has concussion is it wise to sit on a pressurised aircraft for the best part of 24hrs

9 minutes ago, john thomas said:

4 2 4 was the trend early to mid sixties . Helenio Herrera was the great guru . Think Willie Waddell went over to Italy to watch him coach .

Actually struggling to remember Hearts manager who adopted this system?

Willie Waddle who, interestingly, would take big Jock from Tynecastle to Ibrox.

Gorgierools
4 minutes ago, Rockwell said:

I don't know as not a medical expert by any stretch of the   imagination. but if Devlin has concussion is it wise to sit on a pressurised aircraft for the best part of 24hrs

concussion is a minor traumatic brain injury that usually resolves within 10 days. In such cases, flying is usually safe. However, if symptoms persist or worsen, or if there is a skull fracture or brain bleeding, flying should be avoided because it may result in a hemorrhagic stroke or brain cell death.