***Kilmarnock V Heart Of Midlothian Official Match Thread***

Masonic

25 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

No reason or evidence to be confident today. 

Defence and midfield a mess. 

Here’s hoping Robbie has done some work over the last two weeks. 

Robbie is as stubborn as a Mule and will continue with his masterplan.

His mentality is that if we come away from an away game without a defeat he will see that as a positive.

The fact that a home win for Hibs would move them to within three points of us if we draw will not even enter his head.

He will make a few changes just as he did at Livingston and he will be happy with a draw despite the fact that he is giving Hibs the incentive to beat us in two weeks time and they could go above us in the league.

I really hope Robbie and the players give the fans a much needed boost with an up tempo performance and three points but I have my doubts unfortunately.

Edited by wavydavy

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Pasquale for King

• pettigrewsstylist

• Bazzas right boot

5 minutes ago, Chillidigits said:

Anyone know how many points Hearts were ahead of the rest at this point last season ?

12 points clear of livi we had 49 points livi 37. we are 4 points behind where we were last season, we have scored 9 more goals than at the same point last season but have conceded 14 more goals. aberdeen have 9 more points and hibs 4 more points than they did at this point last season

1 minute ago, wavydavy said:

His mentality is that if we come away from an away game without a defeat he will see that as a positive.

The fact that a home win for Hibs would move them to within two points of us if we draw will not even enter his head.

He will make a few changes just as he did at Livingston and he will be happy with a draw despite the fact that he is giving Hibs the incentive to beat us in two weeks time and they could go above us in the league.

I really hope Robbie and the players give the fans a much needed boost with an up tempo performance and three points but I have my doubts unfortunately.

a hibs win and draw for us would move them to 3 points behind us not 2

Back to 2005

Not been to Killie for a good few years. Is there a decent pub for away fans that will let a 15 year old in? 

Just now, milky_26 said:

a hibs win and draw for us would move them to 3 points behind us not 2

Yes I just realised that it was Aberdeen who are four points behind.

I was editing my post as you sent this, cheers.

It still means we have two teams chasing us now and it will be a big test of our bottle how we do in the next three games.

Win them and we will take a lot of confidence from them but drop points and the heads will be down even more than they were at Aberdeen.

Jambo 4 Ever
46 minutes ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

Why don't you ask one of your mod mates to prove it. After all you're besties eh. 😂 

You should ask one of them mate 

1 minute ago, Back to 2005 said:

Not been to Killie for a good few years. Is there a decent pub for away fans that will let a 15 year old in? 

The Hotel at the ground lets kids in. 

1 hour ago, Vlad Magic said:

Aye along with Bjorn, Anna and Agnethia.

Sounds like soooperb midfield to me. 🤭

Ps ... could be our Waterloo. 😉

Edited by Wee Mikey

Pasquale for King
10 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Sounds like soooperb midfield to me. 🤭

Ps ... could be our Waterloo. 😉

Can’t afford them, we dont have the money,money, money 🤦🏽

On 21/03/2023 at 22:03, Wee Mikey said:

🤣 ... the perfect date for jesting.

Seriously, though, we're due one of these weekends whereby all results fall in our favour. So, with nothing less than total optimism, I'll toddle through to Rugby Park and hope that my journey home is filled with more joy than recent away sojournes.

My, ahem, fantasy football predictions are:-

Saturday:

H1b5 1 - 1 Motherwell

Killie 1 - 3 Hearts

Rangers 2 - 0 Dundee United

St Johnstone 1 - 1 Aberdeen

St Mirren 1 - 2 Livingston

Sunday:

Ross Co 1 - 4 Celtic

Should that come to pass:-

1. Celtic -85

2. Rangers - 76

3. Hearts - 48

4. Aberdeen - 42

5. Livingston - 42

6. H1b5 - 40

7. St Mirren - 38

8. St Johnstone - 33

9. Motherwell - 31

10. Kilmarnock - 25

11. Ross County - 24

12. Dundee United - 22

Time now to happy clap myself into slumberland. Sweet dreams folks. 😜

Apologies for quoting myself, but I stand by this post.

Oan the bus now, still full of optimism, and still trying to offload a spare ticket.

❤️❤️G❤️

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Can’t afford them, we dont have the money,money, money 🤦🏽

True, but I have a dream ...

29 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

No reason or evidence to be confident today. 

Defence and midfield a mess. 

Here’s hoping Robbie has done some work over the last two weeks. 

That’s my thoughts unfortunately but hopefully we can get a win today.

We are better team with better players than Kilmarnock but if memory serves me correctly they are stronger in the air( happy to be corrected) and that will could cause us problems.

A winning mentality is what we need straight from the whistle every player working for each other and we will stroll it ……… easier said than done though 🙄

Feels like a big afternoon for us.

Get a win and we are in great shape for another top 3 finish.

Tough game on that pitch but Aberdeen and Hibs have quite tough fixtures aswell. 

If we can match both their results I would take it.

Hopefully a 4 3 3 with McKay and Ginelly up top with Shanks. 

Narrow win .

1 hour ago, Baxfee said:

Jambos who support hearts will be at the game singing for 90+mins. Others will be pacing the floor having the misfortune of having to listen to the game on the radio. Always supporting though. Then there will be the other small group spouting their pi%% on JKB slagging off Robbie and all the players - just repeating their bile from the past few weeks. 

You must not have been at Pittodrie where the vast majority of Jambo supporting Hearts fans (is there any other kind) absolutely slaughtered the players and management for their performance. It was brutal and vicious and the performance was utterly unacceptable. A repeat today will get the exact same response.

Edited by JimmyCant

Simply no excuses today. A committed team fighting for everything, a coherent system and tactics that isn’t left to 70+ minutes or 0-2 down to change it, and players in the correct positions.

I shall believe it when I see it

Bazzas right boot
13 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

Aye, with only FOUR goals in contention for goal of the season.

Shame on him. 😁

Anybody who thinks the boy with blue boots is shite can be dismissed as clueless straight away.

bigfatskinnyjambo97

Got a bad feeling about today. Plastic pitch, well organised McInnes side, dangerous from set-plays, physical - all the things we struggle against. 

Will have a better idea once I've seen the lineup. If it's a three back with OAP Michael Smith as wing back - forget about it! 

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

You must not have been at Pittodrie where the vast majority of Jambo supporting Hearts fans (is there any other kind) absolutely slaughtered the players and management for their performance. It was brutal and vicious and the performance was utterly unacceptable. A repeat today will get the exact same response.

Quite rightly so, 3-0 down at Ht is horse shite.

I doubt the mgt and players thought any different.

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Tough game on that pitch but Aberdeen and Hibs have quite tough fixtures aswell. 

Narrow win .

Hopefully. 

3 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Quite rightly so, 3-0 down at Ht is horse shite.

I doubt the mgt and players thought any different.

Did you not indicate earlier in this thread (or another one) that we had no right to moan about getting beat at Pittodrie ?

13 minutes ago, One five said:

That’s my thoughts unfortunately but hopefully we can get a win today.

We are better team with better players than Kilmarnock but if memory serves me correctly they are stronger in the air( happy to be corrected) and that will could cause us problems.

A winning mentality is what we need straight from the whistle every player working for each other and we will stroll it  ……… easier said than done though 🙄

I know what you mean, but every player working for each other is more like us grafting for it rather than strolling it and is something I'm hoping to witness today.

I'd like to imagine that we could stroll it, but that seems unlikely.  A hard fought win will suit me fine.

Any 'strollers' should be hooked forthwith. 😁

Bazzas right boot
Just now, JimmyCant said:

Did you not indicate earlier in this thread (or another one) that we had no right to moan about getting beat at Pittodrie ?

Getting beat at Aberdeen is not a surprise to me, I predicted we'd get beat on the match day thread, 2-0 iirc.

3-0 down at ht and the shite defending clearly isn't good enough.

alicante jambo
1 hour ago, 1953 said:

We're getting back on the horse today. 2-1 to us. Hibs and Aberdeen dropping points will be a bonus, and all will be well with the world! 

Hope your right would be a great weekend us winning and them 2 losing or even drawing would do is. Hopefully the talk after the sheep game will have got a few things out in the open. Mon the jts

Must win game for me today.

let us see if we get a reaction from the players and management after the backlash from previous games.

unfortunately I don’t think a lot of our players have the heart ♥️ or care enough to want it.

I hope I’m wrong and I’m left with egg on my face.

over to you Hearts.

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Baxfee said:

Jambos who support hearts will be at the game singing for 90+mins. Others will be pacing the floor having the misfortune of having to listen to the game on the radio. Always supporting though. Then there will be the other small group spouting their pi%% on JKB slagging off Robbie and all the players - just repeating their bile from the past few weeks. 

100%, apart from last part....

"Past few years".

Bazzas right boot
28 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

I know what you mean, but every player working for each other is more like us grafting for it rather than strolling it and is something I'm hoping to witness today.

I'd like to imagine that we could stroll it, but that seems unlikely.  A hard fought win will suit me fine.

Any 'strollers' should be hooked forthwith. 😁

Defend properly,  work hard and then guys like the ones with blue boots can show their stuff.

6-3 Hearts

:jambobanana:

1 hour ago, wavydavy said:

The fact that a home win for Hibs would move them to within three points of us if we draw will not even enter his head.

I'm with you on that.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Skipping watching this due to getting up early for the Grand Prix tomorrow. Given our recent run, it might bring a change of luck.

Easy win against a team that has nothing like our budget.

Robbie's has had weeks to sort out the lack of energy, organisation, movement, imagination and pace.

And even if you are not a manager, you at least know it is not good to keep losing goals in the first ten minutes of games.

Team talk over, we will win comfortably today.

7 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Skipping watching this due to getting up early for the Grand Prix tomorrow. Given our recent run, it might bring a change of luck.

Happy snoozing and I sincerely hope that you awake to a famous victory. 👍

Thunder and Lightning
1 hour ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

You should ask one of them mate 

I did, they never replied. Seems to me that they don't know you and you are lying. 

Robbie is giving us what we all wanted.  Change of shape today. For starters anyway. 

Also two big players dropped. One harsh, one justified.

1 minute ago, DS98 said:

Robbie is giving us what we all wanted.  Change of shape today. For starters anyway. 

👀 

Hmm, Gino (harsh) and McKay (justified)…

Naisys Tackle
1 minute ago, DS98 said:

Very interesting.  Has to be Mckay. 

August Landmesser
3 minutes ago, DS98 said:

Guessing - Bazza (justified) and Gino (harsh) are dropped?

Edited by August Landmesser

4 minutes ago, DS98 said:

I hope he's not giving us what we want because we want it.

1 hour ago, ramrod said:

Narrow win .

Dreadful draw. 

1 minute ago, 4marsbars said:

If he is then I'm going to join the Robbie oot club.

2 minutes ago, 4marsbars said:

There's a difference between giving us what we want and changing a system that everyone on the planet knows is failing 

pettigrewsstylist

4-4-2 no Mckay im guessing.

Other- Snodgrass or maybe timid ariel CH amid setplay concerns 🤷‍♂️

pettigrewsstylist
1 minute ago, alicante jambo said:

Might be to do with the pitch tbf. Sure snodgrass does not like playing at the likes of killie.

Was thinking same potentially.

5 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

Hill and Barrie dropped I’m going with 

Both of those decisions would be justified though…