*** Aberdeen v Heart Of Midlothian Official Match Thread ***

Masonic

Hearts manager Robbie Neilson: "Not good enough. We started the game extremely poorly. Changed the shape, changed the personnel, it allowed us to get into the game a wee bit in the second half but, to be honest, it was done by then.

"All three of them we could stop. There are areas that we need to improve in. The big disappointment was we had a great opportunity to come here and extend our lead in third and we've not done that. We've got two weeks now to stew on it."

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Hearts007

• pettigrewsstylist

• Luckies1874

MarkDevriesScores4

Zero shots on target. Zero. Against a team we put 5 past the last time we played them. Absolutely honkin.

On a separate note: Hill keeps going on about hearts being a “stepping stone” for him. After today’s performance from him, he’ll be stepping to a stone down from Bournemouth and top flight football. If he plays that badly for hearts, he has zero chance of playing at a higher level. Guy needs a reality check. 

18 minutes ago, Swimmer said:

I have lost faith in the management team! Players strolling around, being bullied! Same formation and players with same results points to RN lost control. 

time for him to go

Very similar to what Aberdeen were like under Goodwin at Tynecastle knowing he was out soon enough 

1 minute ago, Hearts007 said:

Hearts manager Robbie Neilson: "Not good enough. We started the game extremely poorly. Changed the shape, changed the personnel, it allowed us to get into the game a wee bit in the second half but, to be honest, it was done by then.

"All three of them we could stop. There are areas that we need to improve in. The big disappointment was we had a great opportunity to come here and extend our lead in third and we've not done that. We've got two weeks now to stew on it."

Is this from today or the Motherwell game?

One thing obvious from today. 

Lot of fans don’t know what AB role at the club is anymore. 

She isn’t the one who decides if he stays or goes. 

il Duce McTarkin
3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Exactly right. That’s why political flags shouldn’t be allowed. We are all hearts supporters and your politics shouldn’t come into that. 

It's not their politics either, tbf, it's a really low-level attempt at a wind-up that should just be ignored if low-level wind-ups aren't your thing. 

They knew fine well who was likely to bite and they won't be disappointed. 

Ricardo Quaresma

Couldn't understand Hill trying to pass long or high today; only 2 got through to Forrest the whole game; we need to keep it low; Hill needs to stick to short passes unless it's an easy one up the line to a player in space

Same clap trap should be an international break to give us time to get a new manager 

Harry Potter
24 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

We have been shite since he got a skinhead 😂

Like samson lost his strength 😕.

He’s changed things in the previous two seasons and managed to turn it round but tbh, when the fans can see the problems and he sticks to his guns until a mini crisis time after time, it becomes harder and harder to believe in him.  

Just now, GinRummy said:

He’s changed things in the previous two seasons and managed to turn it round but tbh, when the fans can see the problems and he sticks to his guns until a mini crisis time after time, it becomes harder and harder to believe in him.  

yup

Usual predictable response from Neilson! Opportunity to get a win……is he being funny. We did nothing to suggest we were trying to get a win! Imposter!!

2 minutes ago, Hearts007 said:

"All three of them we could stop. There are areas that we need to improve in. The big disappointment was we had a great opportunity to come here and extend our lead in third and we've not done that. We've got two weeks now to stew on it.

Get into the game a wee bit. **** me, the ambition.

1 minute ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Couldn't understand Hill trying to pass long or high today; only 2 got through to Forrest the whole game; we need to keep it low; Hill needs to stick to short passes unless it's an easy one up the line to a player in space

I don’t think there were too many players looking for the ball today, and the options in the middle seemed to be almost non existent at times.   Could see Cochrane showing his frustration that no one in the middle showed for him when he had the ball,  and he was hooked shortly after. 

5 minutes ago, Dirk McTarkin said:

It's not their politics either, tbf, it's a really low-level attempt at a wind-up that should just be ignored if low-level wind-ups aren't your thing. 

They knew fine well who was likely to bite and they won't be disappointed. 

I don’t really get the drive behind it tbh but I’ll accept what you say. Oddballs. Though I’d add, if political flags were banned it would have been in a bin outside pittodrie 

Edited by GinRummy

MarkDevriesScores4

Neilson’s job will be decided if we fail to secure 3rd. That could come down to the way the fixtures lie after the split. Never taking anything from either of the uglies, we’ll beat hibs home or away but if we get Aberdeen at pittodrie, we’re in trouble. 

periodictabledancer
7 minutes ago, Hearts007 said:

The same areas he's failed to improve on for months now. 

il Duce McTarkin
16 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Cant see anyone thinking we are Tories being of any benefit 

Nobody with more than half a brain thinks that we are Tories on account of that flag, PfK, so you can relax and get back to crushing bags of crisps. 😉 👍

Just now, periodictabledancer said:

The same areas he's failed to improve on for months now. 

yup we are into march and he comes out with that 🤣

21 minutes ago, Sherbet said:

To clarify   I think he will leave of his own accord

Relying on his hugely successful career to get another job?

Cameronstheman

Ex Defender as a Manager  who trys not to lose as aopposed to winning , been like that from the off

Robbie away is effin negative and wont change sadly 

Robbo-Jambo
4 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Get into the game a wee bit. **** me, the ambition.

Utter slaver.

Embarrassing as usual with his **** post match interview.

10 minutes ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

Zero shots on target. Zero. Against a team we put 5 past the last time we played them. Absolutely honkin.

On a separate note: Hill keeps going on about hearts being a “stepping stone” for him. After today’s performance from him, he’ll be stepping to a stone down from Bournemouth and top flight football. If he plays that badly for hearts, he has zero chance of playing at a higher level. Guy needs a reality check. 

Hill was signed for one million pounds. 

He is not a million pound player.

Not even close.

Welcome to batshit mental English football.

il Duce McTarkin
5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Oddballs. 

You got that bit right. :lol:

Thunder and Lightning

Surely even the most hard-core BDL follower is going to be hard pushed to put a positive spin on this...

9 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I never have to be honest not for one minute he is beyond belief. We have a very good squad here and it’s underperforming massively 

The buck stops with him if he can’t get them playing he goes. 
I have no idea what he is trying to do with 3 at the back.

Has to be a 4 always every single game 

1 minute ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Utter slaver.

Embarrassing as usual with his **** post match interview.

Aberdeen were 3 up. That would have more to do with it than anything he could rustle up with changes but he still thinks its worth it go claim we got into the game a wee bit. 

Anybody at the club from the CE down to the cleaner must see 3 successes away from Tynecastle as utterly unacceptable

17 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Sounds like this one still irks

No you clown, it was just yet another result/ score that didn't reflect the performances. It has happened all season and now we are getting what our performance deserves. 

Been the keep quiet and support the manager type so far.  Today is the end of that.  Shambolic performance and reminiscent of their performances towards the end of goodwins tenure.

I actually think we will make a mess of 3rd and hibs will pip us which is unforgivable. Massive away support again let down.  I know my boys walked out and so would i

4 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

No you clown, it was just yet another result/ score that didn't reflect the performances. It has happened all season and now we are getting what our performance deserves. 

3-0 I enjoyed it fine. Not been sour enough to prolong my greetin for months after it. Looking back on a 3-0 pumping at ER as a game we could have lost. Fill your boots 😭

Edited by Riccarton3

17 minutes ago, rory78 said:

Same clap trap should be an international break to give us time to get a new manager 

What more do you want him to say really?

He's spot on. It was pish. 

It's becoming a worrying trend.

20 minutes ago, Hearts007 said:

Virtually the same shite he came out with when Motherwell beat us!

For a start “stew” over your fixation for 3 at the back ffs!

50 minutes ago, Darkwhisky7 said:

A very good summing up of today, I thought Motherwell was bad, this was worse, dozens of supporters leaving as soon as the 3rd went in, no wonder, they knew it wouldn’t get any better. 
Something drastic needs to happen, it’s obvious the players aren’t playing for him. 

I turned it over as soon as the 2nd went in. All I can say is thank god for Covid or I would’ve been there today too. Saved me a wasted day and £100+. Thousands of other fans weren’t that lucky. 

Just now, Thomaso said:

unfortunately for us he's still got 2 or 3 years to "stew on it"

Pasquale for King
29 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

To be fair mate the exact same can be said of Labour or SNP

Politics and Religion are the most boring mind numbing topics in the world

when I hear anyone spout about politics and religion i automatically switch off and think **** off you bore… apologies, rant over.

Fair enough, not a fan of those two either, or of threads being closed. 

5 minutes ago, Homme said:

What more do you want him to say really?

He's spot on. It was pish. 

It's becoming a worrying trend.

"I'm stepping down" would be a good start

4 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

3-0 I enjoyed it fine. Not been sour enough to prolong my greetin for months after it

Just pointing out another shite performance because someone else brought it up. 

Motherwell away, Hibs home and away, St Johnstone at home all 3-0 wins all poor performance which papered over the cracks of what was clearly going wrong

Pasquale for King
30 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Well, we should at least know to lump it up the park next time we clear it from the goal line; at least the wee team only gained 1 goal on us

Yeah, sounds like they did well against their almost unbeatable parent club. 

Pasquale for King
30 minutes ago, The Tackle said:

Genuinely couldn’t care less if people think we’re Tories (which is my word for **** btw) it’s inconsequential in relation to todays result/performance 

Yeah it’s down the list of priorities today..

colinmaroon
2 hours ago, FoH forever said:

Can we win a defensive header? Only seen 2nd and 3rd but far, far too easy for them.

When Hill was moved into central defence (his natural position) from right back, he won a fair number of headers.  Another one played out of position. 

Edited by colinmaroon

8 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

No doubt he will “stew on it” and then play the same feckin formation next time out. He doesn’t learn

Pasquale for King
29 minutes ago, rory78 said:

Very similar to what Aberdeen were like under Goodwin at Tynecastle knowing he was out soon enough 

Good point, look at the difference a change can make to a team today.

Pasquale for King
Just now, Chillidigits said:

could we sign that guy Duk please. He plays exactly how I'd want a Hearts attacker to play.

Great player, brilliant signing and will hopefully leave them soon. 

Robbo-Jambo
4 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Motherwell away, Hibs home and away, St Johnstone at home all 3-0 wins all poor performance which papered over the cracks of what was clearly going wrong

This.

We are getting found out now.

Not played a full decent ninety minutes all season.

6 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Hibs games have the derby factor where anything  can happen. If it ends up 3-0, 3-0 And they're out the Cup. Result. The rest, fine. But this regurgitation of the Hibs games with real relish over what could have happened?. Nah. Sounds weird as **** ona Hearts forum.  But each to their own.

Edited by Riccarton3

37 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Not defending him but does it help to be changing from 3 to 4 every ****ing game boys head has probably already gone by then.Also he has been poor for weeks he doesn't need to be playing if we just started with a back 4

Weather 3 at the back got us clear in 4th it not working now! Something needs to change and try a good old 4-4-2 to turn things around 🤷‍♂️

• JKBMod 3 locked this topic